Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4593021 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 5:24pm On Jun 24, 2011
The Sanchez over-price was fuelled by the substantiation by our president when he stated that Fabrrgas is worth less than £40 and the club wouldn't toughen on the bargain. From every indication, the Udinese president is looking to cash in on the player given the current indices before them. Hence, what they seek is a higher bidder, which is where man city comes into ghe frame. The only good thing is, the player has stated his desire to play for Barcelona. I See him flopping ifhe moves to city.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2011
Abi o, its possible for us to groom one of my B boys into a world class player if we want to do it, we have done it before with most of the first team players, so its what we can do.

Why would a 22 years old player from no where worth 50million? what has he won in his life? how many goals has he scored? where has he taken his club to? i don't want any one hit one wonder player in our team o,
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 24, 2011
honeric01:

Why would a 22 years old player from no where worth 50million? what has he won in his life? how many goals has he scored? where has he taken his club to? i don't want any one hit one wonder player in our team o,
U make sense,guy. The market is already fraught with mad and greedy sellers. What then can u get? Pray,If we dare fall into their trap, then pity is our name!
When a young player follows the lures of money at the detriment of the his personal development, then one questions beggars; Does he live happily ever after?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 3:03pm On Jun 25, 2011
Thats the one reason I kind of appreciate the madrid deals.

they were swiftly done before the media outfits made money from selling the news

they concluded the three before the players themselves even knew what was coming.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2011
It's belated but. . .Happy Birthday Leo Messi. Wishing you many more happy years, lots of goals and trophies as well. You're simply the best.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2011
Euro Under 21 championship final:
Spain 2 Switzerland 0. Thiago's wonder strike sealed the victory. . . Spain are champions!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2011
RM: Four players signed already and counting.

FCB: still negotiating!

Hmm!
Anyway, Alexis for me covers those. We can get others from the feeder's team.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2011
Sorry guys. Just feeling nostalgic today. Can't be bothered with all this transfer talk.

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5AWOrdghiQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"[/flash]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2011
Fab signed yet?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2011
Here are some of the updates on transfer rumours concerning Cesc and Alexis.

-Barca has yesterday tabled a new improved offer of £34 to Arsenal for Cesc Fabregas and they are thought to consider.

Real Madrid, in a bid to fustrate his signing to Barca, are believed to have offered £45, albeit the general feeling in Arsenal is that Fabregas cannot sign for RM cos his loyalty for Barca is not in doubt. Perhaps, RM is in the fray so that Barca will not get him cheap.

Barca has also tabled a new €40m offer for Alexis,€27 +€13m as variables payable if the player improves, as to winning the CL. The offer is believed to have gone down well with the Udine chiefs who are on the verge of releasing the forward. Man city have also withdrawn their £40m offer,since the player does want any English club. He will prefer to stay at Udinese if the dream of playing in Nou camp,did not materialize. Chelsea in reportedly still in the chase.

Thiago Alcantra has also penned down a 2-year contract extention with the club. This is seen as a quick move by Barca to ward off English big clubs like Manutd and Chelsea who have been hovering over the prodigious youngster since the he returned from the successful EURO U-21 where he put up a scintillating performance and also due to a possible securing of cesc whose arrival is thought to pose a stumbling block to his chances at the first team.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2011
Hi @fellow cules , well it's been a little long since i came online , been busy , Signing Fabregas will enlarge the team and Ini and Xavi can rest well , i see him coming as soon as possible , i dont think Arsenal managers can let go of the new deal , How have you all been ? But why is pele downgrading messi's achievement ? shey the thing dey pain the man ni ?? i read some things he said on goal.com some days ago and he said "hope neymar won't end up like messi that's performing for his club but can do nothing for his country " that's a little gross undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2011
Thiago has just extended his contract till 2015 with a buy out clause of £81. This sounds very good to me. The lad is such an ässet. <a href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/06/29/2553116/thiago-alcantara-signs-new-barcelona-deal-until-2015">Click here</a>
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 7:35am On Jun 30, 2011
Barcelona to announce signings of Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas & Udinese's Alexis Sanchez on Friday - report

source Goal.com

that will be great.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2011
^^^^^^

I hope we didn't spend too much to get these 2 players sha?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 8:20am On Jun 30, 2011
honeric01:

^^^^^^

I hope we didn't spend too much to get these 2 players sha?

something close to 80M
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:28am On Jun 30, 2011
Johnpaul88:

Here are some of the updates on transfer rumours concerning Cesc and Alexis.
Real Madrid, in a bid to fustrate his signing to Barca, are believed to have offered £45, albeit the general feeling in Arsenal is that Fabregas cannot sign for RM cos his loyalty for Barca is not in doubt. Perhaps, RM is in the fray so that Barca will not get him cheap.

I laugfh in boko haram. grin
a ridiculous rumor c'um speculation viz fantasy via delusion.

off course he wont go to RM so why would RM bid for him. instead of focusing on Arsene and Rosell agreeing a deal(either prof reduces or presido increases), you waste time on madrid. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2011
scantee:

something close to 80M

Where did we get 80M from? Cesc didn't cost more than 37M, so who did we buy for 43 or thereabout? undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:52am On Jul 01, 2011
I think the Sanchez deal is dead.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 8:34am On Jul 01, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I think the Sanchez deal is dead.
not to goal.com
by the weekend just like a forthnight ago he will be announced a cule.
its as if udinese/palermo/santos paid them to advertise sanchez/parejo/neymar everyday.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:42am On Jul 01, 2011
usbcable:

not to goal.com
by the weekend just like a forthnight ago he will be announced a cule.
its as if udinese/palermo/santos paid them to advertise sanchez/parejo/neymar everyday.

The Soccernet transfer blogs are indicating that a deal isn't done.
Not that I personally care. The player is overpriced, and we are the best team anyway. We already have better players on the bench. Look at Jeffren's wonder strikes in the Europe U-21s. One wonders what he can be in La Liga, if he could just manage his fitness. That has been his achilles heel.

I'm also not happy that Cesc is practically begging Barca to buy him (Rosell said as much in an interview). He's a very good, potentially great player. But I can understand Arsenal holding out, as his going will dent their side significantly, what with Nasri determining to leave as well.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2011
I want Sanchez more than any player. It should be remembered that Barca is going to take part in six competitions next season and they have to use players that will play all of them without having the general standard of the team, compromised. Sanchez is a good player who deserve a good prize also. Barca should be able to buy him afterall they had an average attendance of over 76,000 people in over 25 matches played in Nou camp last season. Manutd did not have as much in a single match at OT. The case of high debt makes me sick. They have won 10 trophies from football only in the last 3 yrs more than any big club, amassing an amazing 16 trophies from their all their sporting units this season only,yet all they do is to owe! Disgusting!
ssing an amazing 16 trophies from their all their sporting units this season only,yet all they do is to owe! Disgusting!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2011
Well, we seem to be signing some youngster, Kiko Femenia, from Hercules.
I wonder why we didn't go for Nelson Valdes, the Paraguayan that stung us in September. He's quick and strong, and could have been a good option up front.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2011
Johnpaul88:

I want Sanchez more than any player. It should be remembered that Barca is going to take part in six competitions next season and they have to use players that will play all of them without having the general standard of the team, compromised. Sanchez is a good player who deserve a good prize also. Barca should be able to buy him afterall they had an average attendance of over 76,000 people in over 25 matches played in Nou camp last season. Manutd did not have as much in a single match at OT. The case of high debt makes me sick. They have won 10 trophies from football only in the last 3 yrs more than any big club, amassing an amazing 16 trophies from their all their sporting units this season only,yet all they do is to owe! Disgusting!
ssing an amazing 16 trophies from their all their sporting units this season only,yet all they do is to owe! Disgusting!

@bolded,
most of which do not generate significant revenue but incur mostly expenditures.

@red bolded
that part I think boils down to finacial mismanagement prolly by (what this your past presido's name, I forgot).

and that makes me wonder what the bleep is the obsession about fabregas. notm much funds to spend large yet you want to spend all on a player that is being forced to stay. all the best with sanchez too.
seems we learning the art of paying less for a player. all our signings this term are very prudent and reasonable. kiss
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2011
His name is Juan Laporta.
But he indeed was a great president, notwithstanding his financial recklessness. To have mustered enough courage to appiont a largely inexperience Guardiola to be at helms, speaks volume of his greatness. At least, that decision favoured Madrid the least and Barca the most ,lol!

Of course, Frorentino can no longer afford to keep breaking bank each summer, with little or nothing to show for it. I think he is making these transfers only reluctantly, largely to still try to convince RM fans that they still want to compete with Barca. That they have not given up. He knows they will be of little effect.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2011
Johnpaul88:

His name is Juan Laporta.
But he indeed was a great president, notwithstanding his financial recklessness. To have mustered enough courage to appiont a largely inexperience Guardiola to be at helms, speaks volume of his greatness. At least, that decision favoured Madrid the least and Barca the most ,lol!

Of course, Frorentino can no longer afford to keep breaking bank each summer, with little or nothing to show for it. I think he is making these transfers only reluctantly, largely to still try to convince RM fans that they still want to compete with Barca. That they have not given up. He knows they will be of little effect.
hmmm what else do I say,
winning at least 10 trophies and still being terribly indebted still qualifies you as a great leader.
About the signings of RM am not a board member but the last 2 seasons has shown a shift from the popular act of signing big names or average players at break neck prices. And I believe they were not done just for doing stake, and this I base on the signings Mou did last season when he took over. Lets see how the pre season goes before we conclude on why he bought which player for what reasons. But for a club with increasing revenue the cash is not the reason for the buys. at break neck prices. And I believe they were not done just for doing stake, and this I base on the signings Mou did last season when he took over. Lets see how the pre season goes before we conclude on why he bought which player for what reasons. But for a club with increasing revenue the cash is not the reason for the buys.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 1:09am On Jul 03, 2011
usbcable:

hmmm what else do I say,
winning at least 10 trophies and still being terribly indebted still qualifies you as a great leader.
About the signings of RM am not a board member but the last 2 seasons has shown a shift from the popular act of signing big names or average players at break neck prices. And I believe they were not done just for doing stake, and this I base on the signings Mou did last season when he took over. Lets see how the pre season goes before we conclude on why he bought which player for what reasons. But for a club with increasing revenue the cash is not the reason for the buys. at break neck prices. And I believe they were not done just for doing stake, and this I base on the signings Mou did last season when he took over. Lets see how the pre season goes before we conclude on why he bought which player for what reasons. But for a club with increasing revenue the cash is not the reason for the buys.
We are actually making profits. The club is only trying to clear debts owed from way back, that's why things appear a little tight as per finances. We are trying to be clean and Green.

Seems we've lost out in the race to sign Jose Valdes to Roma. Our defence is where needs reinforcement the most and going by our activities in the market, it seems it's where would be the least strengthened.
Milito and Maxwell are most likely gonna be shipped out this summer and with Puyi's injury worries, we need to bring in one or two guys and promote some of our B team defenders like Muniesa, Bartra, Montoya to have enough cover at the back and avoid a repeat of last season where Busi and Masch had to become emergency CBs. . . Montoya, from what I saw at the U-21 tourney is ripe enough for the first team now and would be a very decent back up for Alves.

The deal for Kiko Femenia is almost complete. He's had his medicals and should be putting pen to paper pretty soon. I think he's going to be for the B team as a replacement for Nolito.

Meanwhile, one of our Juvenile players, Gael Etock, has joined Chelsea. In the last couple of months, we've lost:
Gai Assulin(Man City)
Ruben Rochina(Blackburn)
Hector Bellerin and Jon Toral Harper(Arsenal). . . Now, we really have got to do something to prevent clubs poaching our young players.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2011
medjai:

We are actually making profits. The club is only trying to clear debts owed from way back, that's why things appear a little tight as per finances. We are trying to be clean and Green.

Seems we've lost out in the race to sign Jose Valdes to Roma. Our defence is where needs reinforcement the most and going by our activities in the market, it seems it's where would be the least strengthened.
Milito and Maxwell are most likely gonna be shipped out this summer and with Puyi's injury worries, we need to bring in one or two guys and promote some of our B team defenders like Muniesa, Bartra, Montoya to have enough cover at the back and avoid a repeat of last season where Busi and Masch had to become emergency CBs. . . Montoya, from what I saw at the U-21 tourney is ripe enough for the first team now and would be a very decent back up for Alves.

The deal for Kiko Femenia is almost complete. He's had his medicals and should be putting pen to paper pretty soon. I think he's going to be for the B team as a replacement for Nolito.

Meanwhile, one of our Juvenile players, Gael Etock, has joined Chelsea. In the last couple of months, we've lost:
Gai Assulin(Man City)
Ruben Rochina(Blackburn)
Hector Bellerin and Jon Toral Harper(Arsenal). . . Now, we really have got to do something to prevent clubs poaching our young players.

I agree with you man. I'm really surprised that we haven't strengthened at the back, which is where we had the most worries last season. Puyol & Abidal aren't getting younger. If those 2 are injured & Pique is suspended, we'll be is serious trouble. Masch isn't a CB and while he played well there, he should only be an emergency back-up for that position. I was hoping we'd buy Botia back, but it looks like that can now only happen nest summer. We need at least one experienced CB who won't mind the bench, while promoting Fontas & Montoya. Bartra should go on loan for experience IMO.

In attack, I hope Soriano can be promoted, while we get one of our main targets - Sanchez or Rossi, or we can look further afield at less expensive options: Mata, Podolski, Tevez (rich Man City may sell low), etc

As for the midfield, I'll still say Cesc should hold on till he's cheaper. Our midfield is ok as it is, especially if we strengthen in attack & defence. Good thing Thiago's contract was renewed.

As for the youth players being sold, it's very annoying. Apart from teams like Arsenal using loop holes in the Spanish labour law, Barca is also quite dumb in the transfer market. We always overpay for the players we want (Chygrynsky, Villa, Ibra, Keirrison, Caceres) & undersell the players we're letting go (Etoo, Ibra, Henry, Marquez, Assulin, Caceres, Chygrynsky, Nolito, etc). We buy high & sell low - a sure way to lose money and remain in debt.

The reason the transfers are dragging this summer is because Rosell is more prudent than laporta & is not going to be moved by Udinese asking for 40m for Sanchez. 29m + variables offered is the max IMO - if Sanchez is as good as Udinese claim, they should be willing to get the final portion of his transfer fee based on his performance for Barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pkasso(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2011
Pep should sign Matts Hummels or better still Nevan Subotic as auxilliary defenders as Carles Puyol isn't getting any younger.Last season we had an injury-ravaged defence so bad that Javier Mascherano,an natural defensive midfielder had to converted to a guest CB[which he performed admirably well.The likes of Montoya should promoted to Team B.
I really don't buy the idea of going for Cesc,as Javier Pastore is much cheaper and relatively younger and he brings that South American flamboyance and flair to any team, an exceptional talent,fantastic addition he would be while Alexis Sanchez might just flop afterall[remember Ibra].
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:12am On Jul 05, 2011
Talking about strengthening the defence, Andreu Fontas has been promoted to the first team.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/07/05/2561183/barcelonas-andreu-fontas-promoted-to-first-team-duties-for
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 9:23am On Jul 05, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Chai see messi and puyol face grin grin grin buhahahahahahahahahahahaha Anyway anybody that's praying we get pastore should forget it , Fabregas knows the barca style already so there won't be any need for blending in which will be needed if pastore comes into the team . Those Yeye Bolivia no let messi play ooo them nearly break him legs , chai !! I'll rather see him play best forn Barcelona than Argentina , there's too much responsibility that's imposed on him . Thank
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Chai see messi and puyol face grin grin grin buhahahahahahahahahahahaha Anyway anybody that's praying we get pastore should forget it , Fabregas knows the barca style already so there won't be any need for blending in which will be needed if pastore comes into the team . Those Yeye Bolivia no let messi play ooo them nearly break him legs , chai !! I'll rather see him play best for Barcelona than Argentina , there's too much responsibility that's imposed on him . Thank God pedro extended his deal , Next season go hot . Malaga self dey vex gan ,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.