Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4592917 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 5:38pm On May 31, 2011
@jp accept my straight-from-the- heart condolence,may God be with u in this time of trial amen.messi dey dull himself na him suppose dance most and don andres as well.Thats why i like pinto and alves ,those 2 guys too sharp.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 6:14pm On May 31, 2011
Messi is Gods own second son. He needs not dance cos his reward is waiting for him in heaven. Looooll.

Anyway, u should have known by now that both Messi and Don Andres are abt d shyiest in the team.

Peeps, lets keep our dear captain, Puyol in prayers as he gets in the theater room on thursday for surgery on his preponderant knee.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 11:28pm On May 31, 2011
Sevilla have signed Martin Caceres for an initial fee of €3m. . . madness! We signed him for €16.5m FFS

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/05/31/2511180/sevilla-sign-barcelonas-martin-caceres-on-permanent-deal
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 01, 2011
I deeply appreciate ur various concerns wrt this mishap that i must endure. I am glad that u all identified with me.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 9:16am On Jun 01, 2011
Johnpaul88:

I deeply appreciate your various concerns wrt this mishap that i must endure. I am glad that u all identified with me.
Thanks a lot.

YW Bro.!!
medjai:

Sevilla have signed Martin Caceres for an initial fee of €3m. . . madness! We signed him for €16.5m FFS

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/05/31/2511180/sevilla-sign-barcelonas-martin-caceres-on-permanent-deal

This is pure madness,Does this define us as the Joker of transfer in football business?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:36am On Jun 01, 2011
^^
Actually I have to concede that Pep has fared badly in the transfer market, particularly after his second season.
Aside from Dani Alves and Seydou Keita, and of course Villa, it's hard to identify any good value-for-money signing.

But I must say, for a team like Barca, it is very difficult to sign players. You can easily pick up someone that looks brilliant, and they fall yakata when on the big stage.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 10:59am On Jun 01, 2011
its good to focus on more on your strenght than your weaknesses at times

Arsene likes teenagers and gets them cheap, sells them big and gets the best form the deal mostly

Fergie likes promising fighters and hard workers and gets them at value for money too. and often sells the waste to Real madrid at humongous costs grin

Real Madrid like to get them big and sells them cheap after making money from endorsements and what have you.

barcelona is good at schooling and should focus on that. and when they buy dont complain 'cos its a weakness.

we dont whine over the stupid prices paid for our players but cry inside that we've been short chaged for a good player at the cost of a genius. grin angry cry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:04am On Jun 01, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
Actually I have to concede that Pep has fared badly in the transfer market, particularly after his second season.
Aside from Dani Alves and Seydou Keita, and of course Villa, it's hard to identify any good value-for-money signing.

But I must say, for a team like Barca, it is very difficult to sign players. You can easily pick up someone that looks brilliant, and they fall yakata when on the big stage.

I feel you bro. However way it seems, we've fared better than Madrid.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:15am On Jun 01, 2011
usbcable:

we dont whine over the silly prices paid for our players but cry inside that we've been short chaged for a good player at the cost of a genius. grin angry cry

I suppose you are referring to Ibra-Eto'o debacle. undecided
Well, that one just fans complaining. I see it differently.

First off, The young man did score 16 goals, just two less than the great Villa.
One of the goals ensured that Madrid didn't win the league last year, remember? Barca 1-0 Madrid at the Camp Nou in November 2009. Three valuable points.   And he just won the scudetto for AC Milan. For me, I have always felt he is an outstanding player, just unable to fit into the Barca style. Also, he obviously fell out of favour with Pep, because he did not come to the party in some crucial games, like the semis against Inter.

I don't mind marquee signings, it's a win win for everybody.
Ibra had top billing, and sold shirts all over Europe. Of course not on the same level as CR7, but he still brought in some tidy income. That is why, till tomorrow, I would always back a Fabregas signing. He's got top media billing, and he can play as well. Win Win for everyone grin

But signing Martin Caceres from Villareal (plus he was on loan to Recreativo Huelva at the time), as well as Henrique and Kerrison, was a waste of money. Even Hleb from Arsenal, he wasn't even a starter for the Gunners. Those are the players that I have issues with. They can't sell shirts, and can't play the Barca way. Waste of money. You know we at Barca also win trophies, we don't just sell shirts like other clubs grin

Around a year ago, I was at the FCBotiga store at the Camp Nou, and was asking one of the attendants what the rationale was for displaying shirts. There was Ibra, Puyol, Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta up front. The guy told me those are the top selling shirts globally.

Mcleo007:

I feel you bro. However way it seems, we've fared better than Madrid.

Of course. We have the trophies, big money endorsements, shirt income. They have the shirt income. Like I said earlier, win win for everyone grin
Oh, I need to add we also have La Masia. Engine Room of Brilliance wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:33am On Jun 01, 2011
Though most people dont see this, and perhaps wont agree with me on this; I want Ibra back to the squad. The guy is top quality. The problem he had was his inability to shine in top games (save for the lone goal against madrid; any striker can score that). He'd be a quality back up, to be used primarily for league games, and some unimportant mathes. THis can go on till he's able to up his game to suit our playing style. Believe me, Rossi doesnt stand on the same footing with Ibra. Instead of Rossi, i'd prefer a promotion for Nolito or Soriano. Even Bojan and jEffren can oust him.

Cesc should still be a priority signing. He's going to add quality to the team, and above all, afford the team the nous to play several options, albeit our predictable formation (believe me, we can't continue with this formation next yr). Most teams wouldnt mind spending the whole summer to try out ways to stop our flow. If it doesnt work in the end, could result to injuries on our players, and that we dont want. Every season should come with a different approach.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:35am On Jun 01, 2011
na wa for u sef.
I said and I quote:
usbcable:

we dont whine over the silly prices paid for our players but [b]cry i[/b]nside that we've been short chaged for a good player at the cost of a genius. grin angry cry

I wasn't even refering to a single player but a holistic view to the whole situation.
must every statement be personified or personalised.

and now that you mentioned it I didn't see the ibra deal as a bad deal as regards teh player quality but as regards the silly prices paid(see my quote above.)

SMH
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:39am On Jun 01, 2011
usbcable:

na wa for u sef.
I said and I quote:
I wasn't even refering to a single player but a holistic view to the whole situation.
must every statement be personified or personalised.

and now that you mentioned it I didn't see the ibra deal as a bad deal as regards teh player quality but as regards the silly prices paid(see my quote above.)

SMH

Touchy aren't we?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Where is the personalisation you refer to? Don't get upset ore grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Touchy aren't we?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Where is the personalisation you refer to? Don't get upset ore grin

its just turanchi. wink

but really I dont dig all this crazy salaries of this footballers.
money makes them misbehave often.
but why wont they if FIFA is doing same to their pockets.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2011
We are not just good at signing players, at least lets have some negatives to talk about, we can't be perfect in all aspects now, guys make una no too dey expect magic from all that pep and Barca do.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 01, 2011
I wonder o!
FC Barcelona is not perfection- personified - no club is. They err, although they already have a fair share of these deals failure errors. They are only expected to learn from them. At least an igbo adage says that No one can harvest all the oil bean seed, his oil bean tree has bore, otherwise such a person is risking the possibility of climbing down from whence he did not climb up from(falling). I am not saying they should not be careful in executing a deal but at times these deals can go bad and may yield what one does not bargain for.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 9:41am On Jun 02, 2011
Rossi, almost here
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 9:46am On Jun 02, 2011
Messi awarded Marca’s Trofeo Di Stéfano

According to Madrid-based sports daily Marca, FC Barcelona forward, Leo Messi, has been awarded the Trofeo Di Stéfano for the 2010-11 season, which recognizes him as the best Primera Division player during this campaign. The Argentinean achieved his third consecutive Di Stéfano, ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo, second, and Xavi Hernández, third, in the final list.

This Thursday, in Madrid daily Marca, you will find more details about the prize, as well as the opinion of Alfredo Di Stéfano himself about the winner of the trophy that carries his name. The Trofeo Di Stéfano is a distinction bestowed by Marca, currently in its fourth year. The first of them, in the 2007-2008 season, was won by Raúl González, with Messi being the winner of the three following editions.

For the first part, it is the MARCA.com users that vote for the best each matchday, so that, finally, a panel of experts awards the prize from among the most voted.

In addition to Alfredo Di Stéfano as president, the members of this edition’s panel have been Andoni Zubizarreta, Emilio Butragueño, José Eulogio Gárate, Manuel Díaz Vega, Fernando Hierro, Fabio Capello, Luis Suárez and Enrique Castro ‘Quini’.

Photo: Pablo Garcia for Marca

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/news/messi-awarded-marcas-trofeo-di-stefano/#ixzz1O6fJYKYI
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 02, 2011
marca sucks!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2011
Messi is simply God-sent.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:37pm On Jun 03, 2011
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^^
false news.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 1:15am On Jun 05, 2011
JP my heart goes out to you and your fam. Pls accept my condolences.

Congrats y'all on your champions league win. Still 3 CL trophies behind milan though tongue .Must admit as soon as i saw man united's team sheet(started with two lethargic midfielders in the centre of the pack), I quickly ran to the bookies and placed a significant amount on a Barca victory. Thanks y'all for enriching yours truly grin grin.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:37pm On Jun 05, 2011
I just logged on for the 1st time in a while (I'm preparing for a presentation and I've been working on it all week).

JP, sad to hear that your sister lost her baby. I hope she herself is well now. Accept my condelence.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2011
Mcleo007:

Though most people dont see this, and perhaps wont agree with me on this; I want Ibra back to the squad. The guy is top quality. The problem he had was his inability to shine in top games (save for the lone goal against madrid; any striker can score that). He'd be a quality back up, to be used primarily for league games, and some unimportant mathes. THis can go on till he's able to up his game to suit our playing style. Believe me, Rossi doesnt stand on the same footing with Ibra. Instead of Rossi, i'd prefer a promotion for Nolito or Soriano. Even Bojan and jEffren can oust him.

Cesc should still be a priority signing. He's going to add quality to the team, and above all, afford the team the nous to play several options, albeit our predictable formation (believe me, we can't continue with this formation next yr). Most teams wouldnt mind spending the whole summer to try out ways to stop our flow. If it doesnt work in the end, could result to injuries on our players, and that we dont want. Every season should come with a different approach.

Ibra burnt all the bridges after his transfer to Milan. He and Pep don't see eye to eye - no way he'll come back. Besides, for a player who was bought for net 70m eur and was earning 12m per annum, there's no way he's going to be a back-up player - that's like buying a Jaguar to keep for market runs.

I also don't back the Rossi move. Soriano is there in our B team and I feel he should be promoted. Nolito has already gone to Benfica.

I think Cesc is still too expensive - he needs to buy out his contract or beg Arsenal to sell for a reasonable price. Barcelona has a huge debt, plus financial fair play comes next year. This club simply cannot afford these expensive players.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 06, 2011
Stealthy:

JP, sad to hear that your sister lost her baby. I hope she herself is well now. Accept my condelence.
Sorry for the confusion. The baby lives. It is my sister that we lost to death.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2011
Time to worship El Dios y Futbol some more grin

[flash=640,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H9RQLzoC2E&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"[/flash]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 07, 2011
Guys, I think we closest to signing Alexis Sanchez of Udinese with their President confirming yesterday that Barca are favourites to land the coveted winger ahead of Juve, city,united and chelsea even inter.
I prefer him to Rossi as he is a world class and yet younger. He will be a great signing. I read also that Thiago is to be traded alongside €30m for Cesc, though his father has swiftly denided such deal claiming that his son stays in Barca. But i think it is a good deal only that buy-back clause will be attached. We 'll need cesc very much so that Xavi can be rested well ahead of more crucial matches ,at the same time without having the overall quality of the team dropping. No doubt Thiago is a fantastic lad but we will reap the fruit of him graduating from La Masia when he is well advanced and experienced.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 3:05am On Jun 08, 2011
I think IMO that Cesc is not and never in the same class with Xavi, can't replace Xavi, does not have the foresight that Xavi possess, people should stop comparing or thinking he can replace Xavi, EVEN BUSQUET can pass better than Cesc, he can also hold the ball better than cesc too and can dribble better than cesc, just go back and watch Arsenal matches, it's very clear that he does not have 50% of what Xavi possess in the middle of the field.

The best i think we should do is get someone who can assist the midfield when Xavi is not around rather than look for someone to replace him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:06am On Jun 08, 2011
Hola Campions!

Been a busy week for me, but I've been reading all the posts.

@Sanchez: Good buy, he'll fit in somewhere.

@Cesc: Abeg Arsenal should keep him. I like him, but I'm getting tired. The move is more important for his career than it is for FC Barcelona, as we have won virtually everything without him.

His contract expires next year, then we will get him. For 50 million pounds, we should go after one or two solid central defenders and an extra midfielder, if we have the money. Fontas and Thiago are worth more than him on the bigger scale of things. Let's grow Thiago.

@Rossi: I am ambivalent.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 6:07pm On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 2:21am On Jun 09, 2011
AjanleKoko:

@Sanchez: Good buy, he'll fit in somewhere.

@Cesc: Abeg Arsenal should keep him. I like him, but I'm getting tired. The move is more important for his career than it is for FC Barcelona, as we have won virtually everything without him.

Sanchez will be on the bench, same with cesc and rossi, they will only play if pedro sits on the bench or when xavi is to be rested or substituted because none of these players will make the first eleven.

Cesc is good and needed in the future or now but never at those huge prices imo, so he should be wise and not extend his contract to move next year if barca is not always desperate to get him.

Do you know that some of the youth guys in barca might follow Luiz Erinque to roma?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:43am On Jun 09, 2011
Pharoh:

Sanchez will be on the bench, same with cesc and rossi, they will only play if pedro sits on the bench or when xavi is to be rested or substituted because none of these players will make the first eleven.

Cesc is good and needed in the future or now but never at those huge prices imo, so he should be wise and not extend his contract to move next year if barca is not always desperate to get him.

Do you know that some of the youth guys in barca might follow Luiz Erinque to roma?

That would be great for their careers. Someone like Jon Soriano, he's never going to make the first team unless Jeffren or Bojan leave.
Some of the other guys like Nolito and Victor Vasquez, they've not really been lucky, and can't keep on playing for Barca B.

Well, Barca have announced a transfer budget of 45m Euros, so its no deal for Cesc. His contract is up next year anyway. Let's see how he progresses. But for now, I'd keep Thiago and put him in the first team.
I'm tipping Luis Enrique to return to Barca in the future in any case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.