Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (935) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4582005 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) ... (6185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Another record for Messi.

Defeat in the Spanish Super Cup still did not stop Leo Messi from setting yet another record. His goal in the 43rd minute of the second leg was his 11th overall in the annual curtain-raiser to the Spanish season. He was already the leading goalscorer in the competition, already way ahead of second-placed Raul (7 goals), and former Barça stars Begiristain and Stoitchkov (both with 6).

His goal against Athletic Club makes him the first player to find the target in five different editions of the Spanish Super Cup. He also got on the scoresheet in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Goals in five competitions

The goal also means he is still on course to repeat his feat of 2011, when he scored in all six competitions in which Barça featured. The only other man to have managed to do that is his team-mate Pedro, in that wonderful year of 2009.

Leo Messi has scored a total of 25 goals in different finals over the years, and no fewer than seven of those have been against Athletic Club. But Monday’s goal, unfortunately, was not enough to win him and his team another trophy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 19, 2015
Messi might not win the sextuple, but he's certainly on his way to repeat what he did in 2011.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by marqueetim(m): 10:08am On Aug 19, 2015
If Bilbao can celebrate Super cup like this, just wondering how they will celebrate UCL, if they ever win it.. shocked
Meanwhile, they should change that trophy to a better one. That trophy can discourage participants. Laliga needs to change all their trophies, it looks outdated in my view.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 10:09am On Aug 19, 2015
Austeenx:
Messi might not win the sextuple, but he's certainly on his way to repeat what he did in 2009.
You are no true barca fan, just another Messi fanboy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 19, 2015
Krasid:
And what are you? angry grin[size=16pt]Another hater??[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2015
dmcdad:
By this you mean...?
Mumps
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:05am On Aug 19, 2015
dmcdad:

By this you mean...?
Neymar Is injury prone. We can't depend on an injury prone player. We need a solid back up for Pedro.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2015
Krasid:

Coming from Cristina's fanboy...

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 19, 2015
ddippset:
Neymar Is injury prone. We can't depend on an injury prone player. We need a solid back up for Pedro.
Na wa o...He contacts mumps and suddenly he's injury prone?

How many times did he get injured last season?

Neymar looks fragile...yes

Injury prone..no

Besides if Neymar is injury prone what would you call Pato?Diaby?Wilshere? or even our former player Ibrahim Afellay?.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2015
4match ban for Pique..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 19, 2015
Why we deh always sell players give Chelsea angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
ddippset:
Neymar injury prone Wow!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2015
bykebyke:

Na wa o...He contacts mumps and suddenly he's injury prone?

How many times did he get injured last season?

Neymar looks fragile...yes

Injury prone..no

Besides if Neymar is injury prone what would you call Pato?Diaby?Wilshere? or even our former player Ibrahim Afellay?.
As in ehn... Fear catch me as I see that post. Neymar injury prone? Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Even the little ones him dey get (2 seasons ago), na from Barca sef. Do you know that in all his stay at Santos, he never missed a match via injury?

Like you said, fragile? Very well. But injury prone? Haba!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 12:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
bykebyke:
Why we deh always sell players give Chelsea angry
When Man U are not ready to bring the needed cash, and Pedro is ready to leave Barça. So, Chelsea are ready to take advantage.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
sebod:

When Man U are not ready to bring the needed cash, and Pedro is ready to leave Barça. So, Chelsea are ready to take advantage.
I hate Chelsea scatter angry...them no deh gree sell give us..David Luiz comes to mind here(but thank God sha grin)

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by djembadjemba: 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
How can you say Ney is injury-prone? Mumps no be injury o
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
djembadjemba:
How can you say Ney is injury-prone? Mumps no be injury o
The thing still dey be me like film ooooooo. Neymar of all people injury prone. Na wa ooooooo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by djembadjemba: 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2015
Chelsea will be better for Pedro. That Van Gaal of a demon will kill Pedro's career.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by djembadjemba: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
dmcdad:

The thing still dey be me like film ooooooo. Neymar of all people injury prone. Na wa ooooooo.
He probably judged him based on his fragile looks
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
djembadjemba:
Chelsea will be better for Pedro. That Van Gaal of a demon will kill Pedro's career.
True. I am really happy for him. I never wanted him to go to MU because of LVG. Mourinho loves workaholics, and that's what Pedro is.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
djembadjemba:
He probably judged him based on his fragile looks
Then that's a wrong way of looking at things. Fragile and injury prone are different matters altogether. Does Aguero look fragile? How about Wilshere?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by djembadjemba: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
dmcdad:

True. I am really happy for him. I never wanted him to go to MU because of LVG. Mourinho loves workaholics, and that's what Pedro is.
He will be the perfect buy for them.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by djembadjemba: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
dmcdad:

Then that's a wrong way of looking at things. Fragile and injury prone are different matters altogether. Does Aguero look fragile? How about Wilshere?
smiley
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by djembadjemba: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
Our squad depth is scary though. This transfer ban is starting to take its toll on us
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
bykebyke:

I hate Chelsea scatter angry...them no deh gree sell give us..David Luiz comes to mind here(but thank God sha grin)
You think Mou go gree sell to Barca? Even e no fit sell Mikel give Barca as useless as Mikel is.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
sebod:

You think Mou go gree sell to Barca? Even e no fit sell Mikel give Barca as useless as Mikel is.
Ouch... That hurts. cheesy True though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Terver23(m): 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
pedro currently in london undergoing medicals at chelsea fc...Goodbye Pedrito !!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
dmcdad:

Ouch... That hurts. cheesy True though.
I am yet to see a player as 'bench warmer' as Obi. I doubt if he will even play for ten minutes the whole season. Little wonder Sunday Oliseh didn't even bother to invite him for national assignment.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
dmcdad:

lol. Why you de dramatize the issue na? E come be like say you de take am personal. Na wa o. I just did my little research and realized I erred in saying Neymar is injury prone. He isn't actually. Maybe what made me say that is that I have a lot of pictures in my mind seeing Neymar falling over and limping. He limps in almost every game but actually he doesn't get injured. My bad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
ddippset:
lol. Why you de dramatize the issue na? E come be like say you de take am personal. Na wa o. I just did my little research and realized I erred in saying Neymar is injury prone. He isn't actually. Maybe what made me say that is that I have a lot of pictures in my mind seeing Neymar falling over and limping. He limps in almost every game but actually he doesn't get injured. My bad.
Sorry if I took it more than I should. Never meant to. The thing bin surprise me na. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
sebod:

I am yet to see a player as 'bench warmer' as Obi. I doubt if he will even play for ten minutes the whole season. Little wonder Sunday Oliseh didn't even bother to invite him for national assignment.
Lol... But ehn, Nigerian players can be so content with sitting on the bench. As long as they are making the money. #Mediocres
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
Barcelona star Pedro is undergoing a medical with Chelsea after the Blues hijacked Manchester United's proposed move for the player.

That's according to Luis Rojo of Marca, who added: "Pedro Rodriguez is all set to join Chelsea. The Blues and Barca struck a deal on Tuesday night for an initial €28 million plus another €2 million in add-ons, gazumping Manchester United's offer of €25 million up front and up to €5 million in extras."

The news was also confirmed by Spanish football expert Rafael Hernandez:

According to Dan King of the Sun (via Jonathan Green of the Daily Star), manager Jose Mourinho is against the forward's acquisition, but it appears owner Roman Abramovich has made an executive decision to bring him in with Chelsea struggling in their opening two Premier League fixtures. lipsrsealed

Further, it seems as though Mourinho isn't the only manager not interested in signing Pedro, with the Daily Mail's Mike Keegan reporting that United boss Louis van Gaal made the call for the Red Devils to back out of the race:

The Spaniard scored 11 goals and assisted nine in all competitions last season, but he was largely brought on as a substitute and used to cover Neymar, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi.

Pedro will add some much-needed competitive depth to Chelsea's squad.

While the Blues have the likes of Juan Cuadrado, Victor Moses and Loic Remy in their ranks, the 28-year-old is far more incisive and offers a higher quality alternative, which will be useful for the long campaign ahead.

What could be a concern is Mourinho's reported stance on the transfer. lipsrsealed

If he is reluctant to sign Pedro, the forward may struggle to get the minutes on the pitch that he so clearly desires—after all, his lack of minutes at Barca is the sole cause of him wanting a move away from the club.
lipsrsealed

What is certain is Chelsea seem to have acquired a player of outstanding talent and one who is capable of helping them regain a foothold in the title race.

How successful he will be largely depends on Mourinho's management of the situation.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2551076-chelsea-transfer-news-pedro-has-medical-as-blues-gazump-manchester-united

His desperation to leave Barca to play for teams that seems are unwelcoming by their coaches is beyond me! lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) ... (6185) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.