Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) (47958 Views)

Eberechi Eze Signs 5-Year Deal With Crystal Palace / Kante Signs Five Year Contract With Chelsea / Chant About The Size Of Romelu Lukaku's Manhood By Man United Fans Causes Uproar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by gazza07(m): 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
A 30 goal per season striker! Cheers to biggest club on planet earth. Bring on psg!
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by fabianiyobosa(m): 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2021
Pierocash:
I don't know why,I don't find this news exciting as a Chelsea fan.

Lukaku style of play doesn't suite Tuchel's pattern of football. Chelsea is a quick counter attacking and mass defending team. Lukaku is too dormant for such style.

Dormant?
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by Sunkyapogee(m): 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2021
At least 15 epl goals assured from him..
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by Fragility6: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2021
Fuckthamods:
Exactly grin
If na ronaldo do all this one,third world war for don start.

1 Like

Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by CSTRR: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
A lot of ignorance on this thread.

One guy is even saying lukaku will not do well in England.

Someone that is tailor made for England.

It's like saying drogba is not good for the premiership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by omoyankee3(m): 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2021
Pierocash:

Lukaku style of play doesn't suite Tuchel's pattern of football. Chelsea is a quick counter attacking and mass defending team. Lukaku is too dormant for such style.

Lukaku is a fast player that can outpace most defenders and will be good at beating a high line or participating in counters.

His holdup play will be useful when Chelsea is sitting deep and he can also dribble and occupy pockets of spaces when Chelsea plays against a team that's defending deep. He'll also be a focal point for setpieces and corners.

All these makes him the complete striker suited to Chelsea's game.

4 Likes

Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by justli: 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2021
Pierocash:

Lukaku style of play doesn't suite Tuchel's pattern of football. Chelsea is a quick counter attacking and mass defending steam. Lukaku is too dormant for such style.

You neither know Lukaku nor know watched Seria a, because Lukaku is built for Chelsea's kind of counter attack:
Winged attacker and a lethal finisher.

1 Like

Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by CSTRR: 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lukaku will absolutely bulldoze the premier league and take it by storm.

English defenders are aggressive but not very technical.

Lukaku will eat them for breakfast.
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by IVORY2009(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2021
Profjigglz:
Great

Scammer
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by Lamasta(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2021
Romelu Lukaku reloaded 2.0
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by omotola90(m): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2021
Pierocash:

lukaku has matured over the years.... He's one of the best strikers in the world...
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by techWriter1: 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
beginning of his tenure
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by omotola90(m): 8:04pm On Aug 12, 2021
Glycolite:

Funny enough, that's exactly the kind of play that will suit lukaku's ability.
He's got frightening pace,power and great goal scoring ability.
I'm not even talking about his aerial presence and great hold up play,just imagine him feed off those chillwell and James superb crossings from flanks,you will realised this is a great piece of business by Chelsea.
Werner and harvertz are going to benefit hugely from his ability to hold up play,quick lay off and power and strength to bully defenders.
Lukaku is a very mobile player,so I don't understand what you mean by "too dormant for such style".
Truth be told, it's understandable you still got some doubts about his ability,and rightly so,but over the past 14months or thereabout,under the wings of Conte,lukaku developed his all round play and is now a more complete striker than he was during his previous stays in EPL.
I just got that strong believe lukaku is going to take the EPL by storming.
some no sabi football now... No need for long term explanation
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by omotola90(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2021
Iseddy:

What are you even saying. What is the difference between Tuchel & Conte style of play.
some folks are anti Chelsea fans.... Lukaku is top striker... Top 3 in the world right now
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by omotola90(m): 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2021
Glycolite:

I actually do not agree with some of your points.
Lukaku is a better aeriel threat and Target man than Harry kane.
Lukaku got more frightening pace and power than Harry.
Harry kane's ability to drop deep and effect proceedings or attack is better than lukaku,I must admit.
They are both very mobile and a goal threat,but Spurs are not willing to entertain offers.
They are actually the same age,and Harry is going to cost more when you consider he's a homegrown player,and Levy is not even willing to negotiate with interested buyers.
Harry kane is a great striker no doubt about that,I will even take him over lukaku,but the problem is that he's not "available" for sale this summer..but then,things might change.

lukaku is A fierce striker.... Leave those folks alone
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by ennyj01(m): 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2021
It's live.

INEC voters registration (online)
https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/

Please share in your groups. Elections have consequences and you can tell.

Social media is an avenue to express discontent but being part of the process make's you make your choice.
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by richmanrichard: 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2021
Pierocash:

I understand ur fears but if he can succeed with belgium definately he wud do well in this chelsea team.belgium national side play more counter attack than chelsea team.My own b say i no like left footed strikers. Chelsea first went to dortmund 4 haaland but they turned chelsea down having sold sancho already.Then chelsea went for harry kane; spurs were willing to sell but kane wanted city move then chelsea moved for lukaku.After city signed grealish, kane changed his mind n wanted chelsea move; but it was already late because chelsea has gone far with lukaku in negotiations. I wud ve preferred Kane but is better to ve d left leg of lukaku than an undedicated kane.
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2021
thundafire:
If not for money crunch Inter wouldn't have sold their prime guy. I know United is on his mind
doesn’t give two forks abt shitty united olodo

1 Like

Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by Seun360(m): 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2021
Pierocash:

Lukaku dormant?
People just post shit on this forum.
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by Seun360(m): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2021
omoyankee3:

Lukaku is a fast player that can outpace most defenders and will be good at beating a high line or participating in counters.

His holdup play will be useful when Chelsea is sitting deep and he can also dribble and occupy pockets of spaces when Chelsea plays against a team that's defending deep. He'll also be a focal point for setpieces and corners.

All these makes him the complete striker suited to Chelsea's game.

The guy knows shit about football, how can he even day Lukaku is dormant?
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by Paretomaster1(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2021
maxwell530:
Premiership is too advance for him and he scored over 100 EPL goals

Wit how many clubs? What am saying is u shouldn't expect him to have the same impact he have in Italy... He was at United na.. We kw how he faired..
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by richmanrichard: 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2021
Glycolite:

I actually do not agree with some of your points.
Lukaku is a better aeriel threat and Target man than Harry kane.
Lukaku got more frightening pace and power than Harry.
Harry kane's ability to drop deep and effect proceedings or attack is better than lukaku,I must admit.
They are both very mobile and a goal threat,but Spurs are not willing to entertain offers.
They are actually the same age,and Harry is going to cost more when you consider he's a homegrown player,and Levy is not even willing to negotiate with interested buyers.
Harry kane is a great striker no doubt about that,I will even take him over lukaku,but the problem is that he's not "available" for sale this summer..but then,things might change.

Initially they were not willing to sell but after kane missed pre season they were forced to entertain offers. offers initially came but only chelsea n city met levy's evalution.Chelsea pulled out after said he wanted city move.City were suposed to wrap up d deal but somehow changed mind later n went 4 grealish.There are rumuors they cud go back for him but i dnt see that happening unless they sell.

1 Like

Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2021
I don't like this signing at all... undecided

1 Like

Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by Thepolo999(m): 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2021
WOO BACK BABY
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by richmanrichard: 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2021
Paretomaster1:

Wit how many clubs? What am saying is u shouldn't expect him to have the same impact he have in Italy... He was at United na.. We kw how he faired..
he faired better than all strikers he met at united n even d current ones
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by shawante(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
Paretomaster1:
I like Lukaku, but the Premiership is too advance for him, he should have remain in Italy....

He have a very bad first touch....
To me lukaku made a very bad decision probably the worst in his career... Why on earth would he leave inter where he was performing exceptionally well and move to chelsea.

If he had an iota of sense in him he should have known from experiences that he doesn't perform well in england
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by richmanrichard: 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
Paretomaster1:

he faired better than all strikers he met at united n even d current ones.United's problem are not d players but that health education teacher wey una call coach.
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by jaxxy(m): 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
Fuckthamods:
He switched clubs like a man unlike this pretentious fraud that deserves an oscar grin

Was it Messi that said Barca should sign useless players for ridiculous amounts?
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by richmanrichard: 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
shawante:
To me lukaku made a very bad decision probably the worst in his career... Why on earth would he leave inter where he was performing exceptionally well and move to chelsea.

If he had an iota of sense in him he should have known from experiences that he doesn't perform well in england
inter is broke. Thats y conte left.And they needed to sell lauterez or lukaku
Re: Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures) by maxwell530(m): 8:43pm On Aug 12, 2021
Paretomaster1:

whether he's going to have much impact like he had in Italy remain unseen for now but him already having over 100 EPL goals is not an easy thing for a striker most people tagged "EPL flop". Considering this guy has been away from the EPL for 3 years o. I'm not a big fan of Romelu Lukaku but you know it's shocking to know that the guy has more EPL goals than the legendary Didier Drogba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rohr, Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, Iheanacho And Other Players Training In Uyo / USA Players Celebrate After Winning 2019 Women's World Cup (Photos) / Luis Suarez Slams Barcelona Teammates After Defeat To Liverpool In The Champions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.