Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator (32947 Views)

Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? / Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation / Landlord Wanted To Sleep With My Daughter And Me – Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by DWJOBScom(m): 10:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
The same thing am facing here o
The thing have tire me
And the noise pauses my brain

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by flyingdutchman(m): 10:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
dingbang:
if you wake up by 2am and the sound still annoys you, just carry salt, open the gen cap and pour inside, cover it back, go back to sleep. The gen will be running but later off by itself.
Grow up. You may not live to the age of 40.

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Bornboy4: 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
It's a tragedy we try to endure in this part of the jungle!

My signature below has something in store for you...please, look in..It's free!
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by MountainView: 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
G
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Chinehz(f): 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
Wahala no dey finish....Pele my brother

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by EmmanuelEvicted: 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by alfredjags319(m): 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
Inform him fess if he can move it to somewhere else, if there is space in the compound and if he doesn't show concern. Complain to your land lord/lady
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by toxtimmy: 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
What's the difference between you and Buhari or a kidnapping bandit?

pyyxxaro:
Open the fuel tank , pour sharp sand and kerosene inside

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Newboss(m): 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
Go and destroy the generator. It's not that hard
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by godofuck231: 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
cornoil:
Any workable solution?
turn a handful of salt inside the fuel tank and wait till he buys a new one , repeat application and find peace
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by pennywys(m): 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
dingbang:
Put salt inside his fuel tank. That engine will not work till eternity. Then come give thanks to me.
baba u bad gaan
cheesy
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Calitoscassius(m): 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pour a large quantity of salt into the generator's petrol tank and the generator will be history. cheesy
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by muller101(m): 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
Go and put salt inside the fuel tank grin
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Sirpaul(m): 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pls where's your location.. This is what I face daily... Like he's steadily waiting for NEPA to shut down power piaam I Don hear faranraanana blasting hot generator like plant I tire for thr guy
erubati:
Hello nairalanders, Please as I am typing this short piece, am seriously boiling with rage as am unable to sleep. There is a building beside my house where one of the occupants is always putting on his gen at any slightest opportunity of NEPA outage.

The most annoying aspect is that he uses the generator deep into the night and the noise usually affects my sleep. Presently, there is light in the area but I guess they did not recharge their prepaid meter so he switched on his generator since around 7pm and he is yet to switch it off as am typing.

Is a tenant given the right to switch in his gen overnight while denying others the right to good night rest. I am thinking of reporting him to the appropriate Lagos State authority but don't know which one can take it up seriously.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by PDPdestroyer(m): 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
You've probably gotten a Yahoo boy as neighbour, that's one of their characteristics

5 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by sundaygray(m): 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
Which kind yeye advise una dey give self? Person nor fit on him own gen again? You want to put salt in someone's Gen and possibly Knock their engine thereby costing them money. If e dey disturb you, buy ear plugs! Make una stop all these yeye advise. Better yet pack!
Poverty is sinking deep into your soul already.

13 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Kobicove(m): 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
I absolutely hate when people leave their generator running throughout the night undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:
Hello nairalanders, Please as I am typing this short piece, am seriously boiling with rage as am unable to sleep. There is a building beside my house where one of the occupants is always putting on his gen at any slightest opportunity of NEPA outage.

The most annoying aspect is that he uses the generator deep into the night and the noise usually affects my sleep. Presently, there is light in the area but I guess they did not recharge their prepaid meter so he switched on his generator since around 7pm and he is yet to switch it off as am typing.

Is a tenant given the right to switch in his gen overnight while denying others the right to good night rest. I am thinking of reporting him to the appropriate Lagos State authority but don't know which one can take it up seriously.

Eyaaah. I will advice you to get earplugs for sleeping at night. it'll help block out most of the sound and enable you sleep well. I understand your anger but please, just leave your neighbour. The power situation here is something else and some people are used to a certain lifestyle. if they can afford it then why not?

I had one such neighbour and her gen was unusually loud. but I couldn't do much as long as it was in her own space. so I got earplugs from konga. they are very readily available and cheap. I also got rechargeable fan lol. just for comfort sake.

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by frozen70(f): 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:

Why not approach him to position the Gen elsewhere as the noise affects your sleeping

He will reason with you if he is a gentleman
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by apkstric: 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
Sorry bro
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
dingbang:
Put salt inside his fuel tank. That engine will not work till eternity. Then come give thanks to me.

pyyxxaro:
Open the fuel tank , pour sharp sand and kerosene inside

Thank me later
Talking from experience. Wicked people. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Crossroad1(m): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
dingbang:
I wanted to say this but I see it as evil.. But since you've said, na still evil

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by SarkinYarki: 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
The Nigerians govt is the one denying you sleep not your neighbor

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by sundaygray(m): 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
frozen70:

Why not approach him to position the Gen elsewhere as the noise affects your sleeping

He will reason with you if he is a gentleman

For this Nigeria na im you wan tell another man how to on him Gen? Lol. I pity any bastard that tells me such. Op himself no get Gen? Imagine after you on Gen somebody knock say your gen dey disturb am and you dey watch match or you dey under AC...make OP buy earplugs or pack or make him call Nepa make them bring light.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Newboss(m): 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
twinskenny:
Can you talk to him a civil way first?

Civil way? Make the guy no dey enjoy electricity again because OP no get generator? Abi make he reduce the sound of the generator?
Me go discharge OP once because there is even nothing to discuss

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by pennywys(m): 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:

report to your landlord or caretaker. Where I live no one is allowed to leave his/her generator on beyond 11 PM. The landlord make it compulsory that every tenant is allowed to switch on generator from 4:pm to 10:30 or latest 11pm, before any tenant rent any apartments there must sign to the rules and regulations.

5 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by efonat(m): 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
Talking laws into your hands, then be ready to get served.
erubati:

I swear na wetin dey my mind be that.
It's the next compound,na how to do it na im I dey think of right now.na small Yamaha generator but the sound dey always wake me up from sleep
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Ykc2(m): 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

If u don't have the balls to confront him as a man, go and buy ear plugs..I love my ex too much but dude can sleep and snore like an old goat..used his money to buy the most expensive ear plugs grin grin since I can't be waking him up all the time
his gbola size your kpekus very well? You really enjoy his gbola grin
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by bmdmix11: 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:

ask if its possible to relocate his gen, he definitely won't know his gen his causing loud noise to u.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by chatinent: 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
dingbang:

But we read they threw you to earth...I no know say na Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Multi-Storey Building Collapses In Garki, Abuja. 2 Persons Dead, 37 Injured / Photo Of The Bariga Building That Collapsed In Lagos / Woman Writes And Prints Offences Her Street Residents Committed Against Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.