Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,011 members, 7,835,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator (32957 Views)

Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? / Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation / Landlord Wanted To Sleep With My Daughter And Me – Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by sundaygray(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
Newboss:

Civil way? Make the guy no dey enjoy electricity again because OP no get generator? Abi make he reduce the sound of the generator?
Me go discharge OP once because there is even nothing to discuss

I no understand o my brother. Either na jealousy or na wickedness. Them dey advice am to put salt for person Gen or knock the engine one way or the other...Gen when don put money now so

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Oyerinde16(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
Report to the police, its called noise pollution, he has to look for a way to reduce the noise in such a way it doesn't disturb you too much... Or else we all start the pollution together... Buy this #36k home theater, the bass box, position it towards his room, put on your DVD player to auto play when going to work, ensure there is no peace in the neighborhood, when some neighbor's come to you, give them the condition only if he stops disturbing you, then you stop if not, let everyone go and get his woofer... Shea we all want to be MAD in this country...

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by tonyzeal(m): 10:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
Just go to a gen mechanic;buy a second hand I pass my neighbour;loose the exhaust and buy like 10 liters fuel and keep;around 1:30 am on the gen and make sure your fan is on;go to bed by morning they will call compound meeting.;thank me later.

7 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Yungmil: 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
Very simple

Buy a lister, locate it in frontvpf his window, and make sure it is always on at night.

Case close grin

U need advice for nairaland abi

U go hear nonsense tire grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Acidosis(m): 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
You want to report your neighbor to the same government that denied you access to stable and constant supply of electricity?

Are you normal? You should be reporting the government to your neighbor, so you both can discuss how to vote out the crazy "gonment" in power.

Stable electricity is a fundamental human right. With crazy deadlines, I won't deny myself and my client their paid services because you've got sleep problems.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
Just send him an anonymous polite note and let him know. If he’s considerate he may change but if not, then you can change the tone of your note from polite to aggressive

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Poopypants: 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:
Hello nairalanders, Please as I am typing this short piece, am seriously boiling with rage as am unable to sleep. There is a building beside my house where one of the occupants is always putting on his gen at any slightest opportunity of NEPA outage.

The most annoying aspect is that he uses the generator deep into the night and the noise usually affects my sleep. Presently, there is light in the area but I guess they did not recharge their prepaid meter so he switched on his generator since around 7pm and he is yet to switch it off as am typing.

Is a tenant given the right to switch in his gen overnight while denying others the right to good night rest. I am thinking of reporting him to the appropriate Lagos State authority but don't know which one can take it up seriously.
domt blame your neighbor, blame Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by porthouse7(f): 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
Put salt inside d fuel dump and stop disturbing us

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Solatium(m): 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:
Hello nairalanders, Please as I am typing this short piece, am seriously boiling with rage as am unable to sleep. There is a building beside my house where one of the occupants is always putting on his gen at any slightest opportunity of NEPA outage.

The most annoying aspect is that he uses the generator deep into the night and the noise usually affects my sleep. Presently, there is light in the area but I guess they did not recharge their prepaid meter so he switched on his generator since around 7pm and he is yet to switch it off as am typing.

Is a tenant given the right to switch in his gen overnight while denying others the right to good night rest. I am thinking of reporting him to the appropriate Lagos State authority but don't know which one can take it up seriously.

Na G-boy na Dem dey behave that way
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by abeniagbon(m): 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:

Where ur own right end,na there another one start naw.
This guy switched in his gen since around 8 to around 4am in the morning.he has switched on again this early norning.tgis is annoying honestly

You have no choice... Than to pray for Nepa to give you steady light ..or pray make you get money leave that apartment.. those guy can't change... No solution to it... It has become part of him.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Lexusgs430: 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:

Do you also have a generator + ear plugs...... cheesy

NEPA/DISCO at fault, not your neighbour.......

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by josh1998(m): 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
dingbang:
Put salt inside his fuel tank. That engine will not work till eternity. Then come give thanks to me.
Come make heaven make I see smiley

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Poopypants: 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
Acidosis:
You want to report your neighbor to the same government that denied you access to stable and constant supply of electricity?

Are you normal? You should be reporting the government to your neighbor, so you both can discuss how to vote out the crazy "gonment" in power.

Stable electricity is a fundamental human right. With crazy deadlines, I won't deny myself and my client their paid services because you've got sleep problems.
fact..
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by sundaygray(m): 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
sundaygray:
Which kind yeye advise una dey give self? Person nor fit on him own gen again? You want to put salt in someone's Gen and possibly Knock their engine thereby costing them money. If e dey disturb you, buy ear plugs! Make una stop all these yeye advise. Better yet pack!
Poverty is sinking deep into your soul already.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by AfroKnight: 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
It’s scary that people actually told OP to pour salt in his Neighbor’s generator. These evil people are bold

7 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
Do you have a generator? If yes then I've got great news!
Any day you there's power supply, put on your own generator overnight, ensure it's close to his end as well so the noise can overwhelm him. Do this for about 5 times, hell confront you about the matter and that'll be the perfect time to talk some sense (calmly) into his head.
The thing will make him have a rethink unless he's unbothered when it comes to sleeping in noisy environments.
https://youtube.com/channel/UC2ocN6y5hwhtNTR1FTeeyRQ
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by generalwo(m): 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:

.... I don't understand you..... No be you dey pay rent for am.... No be you get the house wen e dey stay..... And u are angry that he turns on his gen wen he doesn't have nepa light? Bros if e like e run the gen from night till morning, it's his money.... If u feel disturbed, pack out of the area..... Do u know if he has kids who don't like heat? He should deny them comfort because of one unhappy neighbor? Bros no dey do this kind thing make people no come dey reason you as enemy of progress..... There are no restrictions in the hood limiting the use of generators..... You should blame the Nigerian government for not being able to provide steady electricity.... Not the poor man who is trying to survive......go and buy your own generator.... Buy ear pods....i think 3M have some great ear pods that reduces noise.... Buy them and stop complaining or better still, pack out of the environment to a place where neighbors don't have generator to turn on...... Don't expect someone to live in discomfort because of you when he can easily afford a peaceful sleep... If you are comfortable sleeping inside heat and darkness, he is not

7 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by horlarbeezi: 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ogbeni get ur wife bras to block ur ears and leave d guy to enjoy his unfortunate lyf for bn a disturbance.

Ringing tone of ur wife ll distract u frm d sound of gel wen u r on top of her.
Can I spi:k well?
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by trilacos: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2021
sundaygray:

I no understand o my brother. Either na jealousy or na wickedness. Them dey advice am to put salt for person Gen or knock the engine one way or the other...Gen when don put money now so
you should stop being foolish,if he is stupid enough to inconvenience his neighbour,if the OP also did that, there's nothing wrong in it.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by GreaterFuture(m): 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2021
dingbang:
Put salt inside his fuel tank. That engine will not work till eternity. Then come give thanks to me.
Chiarman...
Lol, but can you actually do that on a Serious Note?
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by generalwo(m): 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

If u don't have the balls to confront him as a man, go and buy ear plugs..I love my ex too much but dude can sleep and snore like an old goat..used his money to buy the most expensive ear plugs grin grin since I can't be waking him up all the time
...... I don't understand why you refer to someone u used to date as an old goat....... I am sure you once loved that old goat and I am sure the old goat has mounted you several times.... What does that make you? Even if you guys are not dating anymore, give him some respect.... Only God know wether no be this your bad mouth make una break up self.... Old goat kor.. Young dog ni

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by trilacos: 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:

go talk to him and let him know. If he didn't listen,you do what you had to do.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by generalwo(m): 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:

Where ur own right end,na there another one start naw.
This guy switched in his gen since around 8 to around 4am in the morning.he has switched on again this early norning.tgis is annoying honestly
.... Bros go buy your gen or pack out..... He can't inconvenience himself and his family because he wants to keep his neighbor happy...... As far as he can afford the fuel to run the gen all night, allow him be..... Blame your government for not providing constant electricity

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by generalwo(m): 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:

I swear na wetin dey my mind be that.
It's the next compound,na how to do it na im I dey think of right now.na small Yamaha generator but the sound dey always wake me up from sleep
..... U want to destroy someone else's property and u think whatever you serve will forgive you? Gen wen e no use your money buy you Wan pour sand and kerosene inside..... Bros pack out of the environment if the house no let you stay

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by ussv: 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2021
Honestly the only thing you would be able to do about it is to reciprocate with Cassava Grinding machine Generator, otherwise, you would have to bear the brunt.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by generalwo(m): 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
dingbang:
if you wake up by 2am and the sound still annoys you, just carry salt, open the gen cap and pour inside, cover it back, go back to sleep. The gen will be running but later off by itself.
.... If he does it, believe me.... God won't forgive you for giving him such an advise... How would you like it if someone is angry that you are trying to make your family comfortable..... Is it the man's fault that there is no constant light? Bros no dey advise people to do evil... If e happen, you go share for him punishment... If the house no allow am stay, he should pack out... No man will inconvenience his family for the sake of his neighbor
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by ArticleBeast: 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
tonyzeal:
Just go to a gen mechanic;buy a second hand I pass my neighbour;loose the exhaust and buy like 10 liters fuel and keep;around 1:30 am on the gen and make sure your fan is on;go to bed by morning they will call compound meeting.;thank me later.
Remind me of wetin I do when i dey benin.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by generalwo(m): 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
ottohan:

I understand...
There should be acceptable dB of noise that should be allowed within a neighborhood to be fair.

That's a defeatist mentality.....so if he gets those that you have prescribed, how then does he hear someone calling him in the event of an emergency?
..... Then he should move to a neighborhood where the residents don't use generators..... Vgc no get plenty gen wen dey make noise... Make e move go there.... Or banana island...... Make e no stay poor man neighborhood dey expect to live big man life.... E no possible
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by juniorstar(m): 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
erubati:
This guy has switched it on as early as 7am again.
Haba,no be my fault say Dem no get money buy credit for their prepaid meter nitori olorun.
Person wey fit buy fuel fit go buy power.ng....na why my house must be on 5 acres let me see who go disturb me.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by NwaliE01: 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
. . .And they stole my Ellmax generator this morning. sad sad
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by mastermaestro(m): 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
PDPdestroyer:
You've probably gotten a Yahoo boy as neighbour, that's one of their characteristics

Stop this poverty thought pattern. It is not everyone who runs generator whenever NEPA goes to sleep that is a yahoo boy.

As for me, I hate to come back home roaming inside a dark house, be it afternoon or night. Your government plunged us into this mess. We have to solve it in the best possible way.

If neighbours can't cope, then they should relocate. sad I have not apology for the inconveniences. They should go get an apology from their government. sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photo Of The Bariga Building That Collapsed In Lagos / Multi-Storey Building Collapses In Garki, Abuja. 2 Persons Dead, 37 Injured / Woman Writes And Prints Offences Her Street Residents Committed Against Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.