Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. (4434 Views)

Kaduna, Warri, Port Harcourt Refineries Now Produce 6.7m Litres Of Fuel Daily / Dangote, Others To Establish Plants In Owerri / Jonathan Directs Dangote, Others To Crash Cement Prices Within 30 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by ADint(m): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2007
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by angel101(f): 11:05am On Jul 19, 2007
So what? It's just as well since they imagined they were doing the country a favour!
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by ADint(m): 11:32am On Jul 19, 2007
angel101:

So what? It's just as well since they imagined they were doing the country a favour!

So, what do you propose?
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by Mariory(m): 11:35am On Jul 19, 2007
@ADint
Don't waste your time. You will see the same people complaining when the refineries continue not to work.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by angel101(f): 11:44am On Jul 19, 2007
ADint:

So, what do you propose?

The refineries go to a company ready to serve the country and their shareholders. not one doing us a favour. Thats of course assuming that NNPC can honestly not do the job.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by MILITIA(f): 11:56am On Jul 19, 2007
ADint:

This is what short sighted sentimental Nigerians wanted. Now they have it!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/cover/july07/19072007/f419072007.html
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=84005

Hmmmmmmmmmm! Let it be! grin
Mariory:

@ADint
Don't waste your time. You will see the same people complaining when the refineries continue not to work.

They have never worked and Dangote and Odetola will not make the difference! So let the refineries sit there and rot. I think we will get more satisfaction that way! cool

angel101:

The refineries go to a company ready to serve the country and their shareholders. not one doing us a favour. Thats of course assuming that NNPC can honestly not do the job.

Thank you my sister! Like Nigerians do not have competent people who can run the show, instead of all this sick who know man business! angry
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by initiator(m): 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ angel,
a pig head would manage the refineries better than NNPC.

The outcry against the sale of the refineries, instigated by labour and NNPC was stupidly sentimental. Now that they've withdrawn the refineries can as well languish in hell.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by MILITIA(f): 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2007
initiator:

@ angel,

The outcry against the sale of the refineries, instigated by labour and NNPC was stupidly sentimental. Now that they've withdrawn the refineries can as well languish in hell.

Yup! Let us choose other "pig heads" for a change!   Do we even have refineries?  Please let them languish! For they are not serving any purpose to Nigerians but for the pockets of certain[b] "pig heads"! [/b] tongue
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by Backslider(m): 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2007
The consortium hereby conditionally vacates its interest in the refinery for 12 months effective from the date of the letter (July 17) to enable the NNPC to; deliver on its commitment to operate the refinery at full capacity without government funding, to eliminate importation of petroleum products and to eliminate queues at filling stations nation-wide.
“In the event this commitment was not met by the end of 12 months, Bluestar will reassure its interest at a re-negotiated price to reflect the state of the asset. Bluestar also in the meantime, demand a refund of $721 million paid for the refinery,”

This is what i call a honest business man.

He knows with the corruption in NNPC they will fail woefully.

If this NNPC TAKE THIS BAIT THEY WILL BE DISGRACED MASSIVELY
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by angel101(f): 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2007
initiator:

@ angel,

However, my stand remains the same.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by initiator(m): 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ MILITIA,
if you add one more minute to your thinking span you would make more intelligent posts.

Can anyone mention 1 rich-enuff nigerian who can buy and refurbish a refinery other than dangote? Granted am not too comfortable with otedola cos he's an importer but dangote fits the bill. He's succesfully running a sugar refinery and big plants and he's got the cheese to make the cat fat.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by denex: 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2007
Well, the Nigerians too will be disgraced massively because they have been going about crying that the investors were ripping us off.

Now let's see if they were ripping us off or they were taking a big risk.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by MILITIA(f): 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2007
initiator:

@ MILITIA,
if you add one more minute to your thinking span you would make more intelligent posts.
Can anyone mention 1 rich-enough nigerian who can buy and refurbish a refinery other than dangote? Granted am not too comfortable with otedola because he's an importer but dangote fits the bill. He's succesfully running a sugar refinery and big plants and he's got the cheese to make the cat fat.

Insults! Insults and more insults! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Well everyday no be for madness! I yield to you today. But we will definitely meet again!

If your babariga ancestors do the right thing Nigeria would have been like U.A E. where the wealth of the country belongs to the "people"! You are talking of "1-rich enough" Nigerian? Mr bourgeios! Na only una get Nigeria? angry Like I said I will catch you again! Not today! cool
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by angel101(f): 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2007
MILITIA:

( Like I said I will catch you again! Not today! cool

LOL!!!
Catch am joo
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by MILITIA(f): 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2007
angel101:

LOL!!!
Catch am joo

grin He he he he! Today na pay day and I am happy. Besides I have unfinished wars with bigger and more challenging Nairalanders in other sections, so let me save my energy for bigger fish! cool
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2007
militia if you wake from wrong part of your bed this money abeg make you they wake from their everytime.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by MILITIA(f): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2007
mikeansy:

militia if you wake from wrong part of your bed this money abeg make you they wake from their everytime.

Ah-ah! Who is this one again! shocked GET BEHIND ME SATAN! lipsrsealed
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by humantoy(m): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2007
It was wrong for the refineries to have been sold to Dangote & Co without due process.Why are some people seeing these opportunists as saviours?Anybody who gets the same level of govt patronage as the Dangotes will be equally as rich as they are.Nigeria belongs to us all.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by angel101(f): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2007
Thank u my brother.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by ADint(m): 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2007
angel101:

Which Company (or Companies) are you referring to here?  Where were they when the bidding was on?  Would it have been more acceptable if the Kaduna refinery had gone to the Chinese at $102m, rather than the $160m the Bluestar consortium paid?

http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=45&a=13345
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by omon(m): 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2007
As far as I know, none of the other investors who lost out to Dangote has complained.  That tells me that Due Process was observed in the sale. Nigerians complain of unemployment, now, they will walllow in it.

What has NNPC got to show for so many years of management? Instead it has churned out thieves like Terry Wayas or whatever is his name.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by laudate: 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2007
MILITIA:

They have never worked and Dangote and Odetola will not make the difference! So let the refineries sit there and rot. I think we will get more satisfaction that way! cool

Er. . . .the refineries worked until IBB and his cohorts got into the saddle, and decided to fritter away money meant for running the refineries & upgrading them. Abacha came in and sounded the death knell on those refineries, by giving the Turn Around Maintenance Programme to technically incompetent groups to carry out. It paid him to allow the refineries to remain comatose, because he & his cronies were making more money importing petroleum products, for the country at grossly inflated rates.  sad

Does anyone remember the off-spec. smelly fuel that was imported during Abacha's era?? Well, it was done by his clique. Till date, no company has been sanctioned for that offence. And instead of going back to the drawing board to find out what made these refineries stop working, and put things right (because they worked until some point in time!), we are busy selling off our refineries, to those without the expertise to turn them around. undecided

If na so e dey easy to run refinery, make dem Dangote & Otedola go build their own from scratch. We will patronise them, if they can show that they are far more efficient at refining our crude and selling it to us at an affordable price. Chikena!
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by omon(m): 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2007
So you think you can just wake up and build Refineries. In the modern business world, does a day pass without the use of the word - acquisition, take over, merger etc, Why should it be different in Nigeria
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by denex: 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2007
The fact that Otedola who is an importer wants to buy the refinery goes to show what we have been saying that the importers are not the ones sabotaging the refineries because no matter what happens, they will find a new business niche.

Just the same for the generator importers. They are not sabotaging the power industry because if the power industry improves, these same companies are the ones that will still import the millions of transformers that the power industry will require. So all these sabotaging by importers story is just a dream.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by MILITIA(f): 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2007
omon:

So you think you can just wake up and build Refineries. In the modern business world, does a day pass without the use of the word - acquisition, take over, merger etc, Why should it be different in Nigeria

You are kidding right? shocked We are talking about Nigeria oh! We have not even started taking baby steps, and you are talking of giant strides? shocked

ADint:

Which Company (or Companies) are you referring to here? Where were they when the bidding was on? Would it have been more acceptable if the Kaduna refinery had gone to the Chinese at $102m, rather than the $160m the Bluestar consortium paid?

http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=45&a=13345

The kind of companies that exist in the rest of the civilized world! Not the ones based on "kparakpoism" and nepotism! When Nigerians have the equal opportunity of being successful instead of selling Nigeria to members of a "privilegded" Occult! angry
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by denex: 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2007
Bluestar was only trying their best. When you offer these facilities on the international market, the counter offers are far lower than what Nigerian Companies offer. Yet Nigerians still claim that they are being scammed.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by Backslider(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2007
I guess militia it does not matter so far it goes to a chineese and not a Nigerian?

My guy you are in yankee will you work in china?

do you know that america leaped hundred of years forward with the help of a black man?

I say Dangote is good to handle the refinery

no one will put his money in that type of investment.

if you hard your money you will not put your money there i bet you.

We need our people to run business no matter how we see them.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by zaksman(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2007
Pls i want you to give me an insight on why Dangote and his
squad pulled out of the refinery deal. I'm beginning to smell
a rat.pls clear the air for me.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by denex: 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2007
It was written that a prophet will be rebuked by his own people.
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by MILITIA(f): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2007
Backslider:

I guess militia it does not matter so far it goes to a chineese and not a Nigerian?
My guy you are in yankee will you work in china?
do you know that america leaped hundred of years forward with the help of a black man?
I say Dangote is good to handle the refinery
no one will put his money in that type of investment.
if you hard your money you will not put your money there i bet you.
We need our people to run business no matter how we see them. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm even if it is not on merit abi? embarassed

Of Course! Don't you know that I am all for bringing back colonialism even if it is from the "Darfur" region? tongue Yup!!!!!! I will work any where in the world--except in Nigeira! In China, Congo, Rwanda, Bosnia or even Iraq if I can feed my family without being a "Dangote" or an "Odetola"!  Like na only them get Nigeria? I say SHIT-ZU!
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by angel101(f): 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2007
Me thinks they just developed cold feet!
Re: Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. by MILITIA(f): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2007
angel101:

Me thinks they just developed[b] cold feet![/b]

No oooooooooooooooooooh  Make them come there let us kidnap them small! Just a little! He he he he he!  grin grin grin---------    Just only "small"!  Awon Ole!  They think they own Nigeria abi? tongue  They think we are talking of Molete or Minna! Come make we take una do small ransom "runs"! Awobis!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Insists On Special Status Due To its Large Population / Dasuki Weapons Claims And Nairalanders Ignorance / Again! Some People Died During Biafra Protest Yesterday (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.