Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency (36830 Views)

2023: Zoning Presidency To South "Not A Must" — Zulum / APC Governors Consider Zoning Presidency To The North In 2023 / Buhari To Lay Foundation For University Of Transportation, Daura On Dec 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
Enice:
they pointed North in 2019 and the intend pointing North in 2023. pointing North or South is not the issue, the issue is when you guys claim the Fulani hegemony is the problem of this country,then why vote another in? it's like speaking from both sides of the mouth. there's a name for that and it is called hypocrisy
grin
Which Fulani hegemony.... Who claimed...
You claim and you want to force others to join you..you think you are wise?....
You didn't see fulani hegemony in 2015 ?, wickedness is not your birthright grin
Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
OneTemplate:

You Igbos with your irritating analytical emptiness and refusal to face reality because of hate for others.

Are you blind to the ongoing political reality on the ground in Nigeria today? Who will remain in PDP in 2023 the way things are going with virtually all SE and SS Governors likely to have defected to the APC by then?

Like Danilmo told you already, the way the APC is moving it is 100% a done deal coronation for the flag bearer of the ruling Party in 2023 regardless of who the PDP presents.

Even ambitious PDP members know this and this is why they are decamping to the APC in droves and weakening the opposition Party daily.

If the APC candidate is Yoruba then a Yoruba is your 2023 President regardless of all this logic-defying and ignorantly emotional analysis you are presenting here merely because you are personally and ethnocentrically opposed to a Yoruba being President.

In any case, you Igbos are not known for your political pragmatism or depth. You are always emotional, sentimental, unaccepting of reality on the ground and ethnocentric in outlook so not at all surprised by your talk here.
you guys said more than this during edo election.
don't worry eyes go soon clear
Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by Bluntemperor: 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
bpalace:
ndi ala

Here is a man- one of the Cabals, telling Nigerians what ' they' are thinking, yet many gullibles still confused about how Nigeria is going to be!
Who is fooling who?.Sebi the Maradona is still talking on who can lead Nigeria and many foolish people still run to him.
Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by Gfskw: 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by HONESTFACT101(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
skywalker240:

If you see the way some guys i refered looks at me now ehn, you go sorry for me.
I've closed its page, you can't ask me to reinvest when I have not seen any profit from the previous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by skywalker240(m): 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
HONESTFACT101:

I've closed its page, you can't ask me to reinvest when I have not seen any profit from the previous
That's like planning to make a plan to fail
Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by Abedfff14: 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
iwithnessnews:
For out loud, what we need in this country/ our yearnings are dividends of democracy, quality representation and good leadership and not " Presidents says" " Presidency Denies"... Before you know it, their tenure is up, and we start another mediocre cycle again
God bless u for this post, dividends of democracy, quality representation and and good governance. exactly what is perfect for the nigerian state
Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by moshino(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
You are making excuses for those useless Governor.. Even if the president is useless, Governors can still perform if they want to

I'm not making any excuses for anyone, I have no dog in the race. Obviously you did not understand what I said.
Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by Uchek(m): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2021
Are you just realizing that the North is greedy and backward?

espn:
Bunch of CLOWNS... The NORTH is greedy and backward....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by oyatz(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
IamAsiri:
What I don't understand is how Buhari's nephew can be older than Buhari himself is cool

Haven't you seen many people in rural areas who are older than their uncles?

The reason is because some parents, especially in polygamous families give birth early and continue to give birth even when their oldest children have also started procreating.
Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 16, 2021
Timfreds:

Guy it's like you don't know the type of politics the north plays. They are united. It's the Middle Belt that may resist such attempt.

I am well aware of the politics the North plays. It is the politics of self interest every ethnic group of Nigeria is also capable of playing so let us stop foolling ourselves.

Even at that, there is still the accepted reality of doing the right thing so the ship can be stable instead of bullying everyone and then encouraging the sort of mutiny that will create turbulence for the captain of the Nigerian ship.

The same North you guys now accuse of being all sorts of things moved heaven and Earth to install OBJ as President in 1999 because they realized that it was the right thing to do to keep Nigeria United and peaceful. It will be same in 2023. Mark my words.

At worst, the North will try and avoid a 'radical' Southerner gaining power by 'micro-managing' affairs so that Nigeria gains a GEJ or Fayemi-type 'controllable' Southerner as President in 2023.

The North will not try to maintain itself in power directly because the brighest Northerners know that the system will rebel against that meaning no one will have peace.

Forget the talk of Daura and other Hawks like Yerima. Wiser and more influential Northerners than them know the consequences of further aggravating other Nigerians under very volatile conditions today where the South is now very ready to 'change if' for the North for so many acts of "injustice" and open bias agajnsf the Southern region.
. The North must not put Nigeria in a situstion where every Southern man, woman and even child feel they must fight to gain freedom from oppressive and "born to rule" Northern tyrants.

Even #EndSARS nearly went 'dark' for the North when protestors in the south wanted to go there about the "parasitic North" controlling the power despite contributing least to Nigeria.

I don't know it all but it would be interesting to see if sensible Northerners would be dumb enough to stand and watch while they let the hawks make the region draw an open line of enmity against the South, and set Nigeria on the course of internal implosion, with any myopic attempt to directly retain power after 2023 considering what many Southerners sacrificed to ensure the North enjoyed 8 uninterrupted years in Aso Rock.

If the North tells the South that Nigeria should dump Zoning and go for merit as Daura etal are touting , knowing they will always carry the day because they want to keep using their mago mago population numbers to retain themselves in power, what is the motivation of the South to retain 'one Nigeria' knowing their future and direction will always be controlled by what conservative and gradualist North wants?

Guy, the South, especially Yorubas, will not remain in perpetual slavery to the North simply for the sake of one Nigeria. Not possible because the only thing constant in Life is change. Many empires have fallen because power drunk men failed to read the wind of change and do the right thing.
Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 16, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
you guys said more than this during edo election.
don't worry eyes go soon clear

You're just a typical Igbo in that you will always be sentimental, small-minded and emotional to the point of being unable to accept reality on the ground and feel the pulse of Nigeria. Was Edo not about Edo people and Edo votes alone? You want to compare that with Nigeria thatb+ is currently very badly divided along ethnic and religious lines?

You are too myopic to appreciate that changes and ideas will outlast the flesh and blood of us all.

It is 2021 and 2 years before Buhari leaves yet the political leaders of the South, especially the SW, are meeting almost daily announcing/demanding radical changes they want which shows, in no uncertain ways, they are fed up of incompetent Northern control of Nigeria and want independence from the backward policies all Nigerian have to live with merely because a Northerner is President.

Are you then telling me this same Nigeria that is on a political, cultural and ethno-religious religious knife edge of toxic division today will accept a Northern President after Buhari for 8 more years? I dont think Nigeria will survive it.

The North better be ready to go for broke and turn Nigeria into a repressive dictatorship like North Korea.

What many Nigerians do not see is that the South, especially the SW, only continues to behave because, despite the incendiary and insensitively provocative talk of the likes of Daura etal, many Southerners still believe the North will do the right thing by the South come 2023.

Let the North retain itself in power in 2023 to then make it clear to the South that we are in a slave trade, then we will see what will happen.

Interesting times ahead as Northerners like Daura and co are very afraid the South is waiting to 'change it' for the North once in charge of the Presidency because of the unacceptable nepotism and 'Northernisation' of Nigeria the Buhari government has supervised.

Yet do they dare bully their way and retain themselves in power in 2023 knowing that the South will only be able to take one message from that development which is that they have just gained final and incontrovertible proof they must leave Nigeria or remain slaves of a dictatorial, insensitive, ungrateful, uncompromising and very oppressive North forever?

When you push people to the wall and leave then with no choice and no hope for changing their current situation then anything can happen.
Re: Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency by chachanga: 10:30pm On Aug 25, 2021
Uchek:
Are you just realizing that the North is greedy and backward?

Nigerian Southerners are the most self-deceived pple in the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Could Exchange Your Governor For Another Governor, Who Would It Be? / Shehu Sani Gets Automatic APC Senatorial Ticket (Pictures) / More Photos Of Atiku's Return From US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.