Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Should Restitution Be Preached? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Restitution Be Preached? (6655 Views)

Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Restitution Be Preached? by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2021
Many churches don't preach restitution deeply. But before I continue, restitution is making right your wrong, mostly to humans you offended. After we have repented of our sins, if we see those whom we offended, defrauded, we can go and make peace with them.

If you stole from a neighbour or defrauded someone, should you apologize to them after repentance or should you just accept Jesus and move on without confessing it to them? If a wife or husband has been committing adultery, if they repent, is there any need to tell their partners?

Restitution is a hard-saying, so tell us your view about it.

10 Likes

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Kobojunkie: 7:58am On Aug 15, 2021
prettypraise:
Many churches don't preach restitution deeply. But before I continue, restitution is making right your wrong, mostly to humans you offended. After we have repented of our sins, if we see those whom we offended, defrauded, we can go and make peace with them.

If you stole from a neighbour or defrauded someone, should you apologize to them after repentance or should you just accept Jesus and move on without confessing it to them? If a wife or husband has been committing adultery, if they repent, is there any need to tell their partners?

Jesus Christ taught that you sell everything you have, and give it all away to the poor if you want to become worthy of Him as His follower - Mattthew 13 vs 44 - 46. So while restitution is common sense if there are those who you have stolen from or owe, it is not really what will qualify you for becoming a follower of Jesus Christ. Instead doing instead that which Jesus Christ Hismelf taught wil. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by AntiChristian: 8:58am On Aug 15, 2021
grin

Shebi Jesus don die for all of the sins, so why the need for restitution?

Since someone has paid your debt why not continue to commit debt?.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by OPAUGBEE(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2021
���
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Metronomy(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2021
Continue
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Skoonheid(f): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2021
You can repent of most sins by making restitution, but you can't bring a dead body back to life, and you can't restore your virginity.
Restitution costs: "He shall restore it in full, and shall add a fifth to it." Restitution costs full plus extra twenty percent according to Leviticus. Good luck with your restitution attempts.

2 Likes

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by youngreezy(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2021
I dey church I dey come reply later
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by EmperorTolson: 9:48am On Aug 15, 2021
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Righteousness2(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2021
Very Important. There is no part of GOD'S word that should not be Preached.

It's just that Some Preachers are scared to Put out the raw word of GOD maybe due to fear of losing members,etc. which is very wrong.

16 Likes

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 15, 2021
Is it a doctrine of man or actually in the scripture? That's where to start from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by wunmi590(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2021
shocked
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by IMASTEX: 9:50am On Aug 15, 2021
The question is did Christ instructed or preached about it? Let it guide the answer.

1 Like

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by babadee1(m): 9:50am On Aug 15, 2021
prettypraise:

Is it in the Bible as a requirement? The only example I can recall from the Bible is Zacchaeus who offered to do it willingly. If it's not a biblical teaching or requirement then there's no need to turn it into a doctrine.
What Jesus always said was "Go and sin no more." He never ever referred to the past again.

5 Likes

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Demzlent(m): 9:52am On Aug 15, 2021
When people you hurt are still grieving,it makes sense to try and heal their wound which came up in the 1st place because of your actions but you must let the spirit of God guide you

9 Likes

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by babadee1(m): 9:53am On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ taught that you sell everything you have, and give it all away to the poor if you want to become worthy of Him as His follower - Mattthew 13 vs 44 - 46. So while restitution is common sense if there are those who you have stolen from or owe, it is not really what will qualify you for becoming a follower of Jesus Christ. Instead doing instead that which Jesus Christ Hismelf taught wil. undecided

He said that to only one person in the Bible not to everyone He met. So it's a very specific instruction for one man not for all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by DrGill(m): 9:54am On Aug 15, 2021
Jesus died for all of our sins
Why restitution?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Cholls(m): 9:55am On Aug 15, 2021
My brother yes Rest should be preached...stress of Lagos is too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 9:57am On Aug 15, 2021
I believe in restitution, if i offend someone and i later realise it, i go back to seek for forgiveness and probably confess (if it’s something that needs to be confessed).
I always like to be at peace with everyone .
Although its nt easy oo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by WhizdomXX(m): 9:57am On Aug 15, 2021
Yes it should.

3 Likes

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by DeMonk: 10:00am On Aug 15, 2021
This is an important topic that I have not seen being preached enough.

6 Likes

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Truefaith: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2021
If
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Truefaith: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2021
If not as substitute for Christ or as mandatory addition to Christ.
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Ladylawyer(f): 10:04am On Aug 15, 2021
Restitution is very good but please know that certain things are better left in secret. If it will break hearts and cause more trouble, please pray to God and change your ways without having to voice out your offences especially to the offended. I have warned you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by oloyedewaris(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2021
k.
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by daddio(m): 10:25am On Aug 15, 2021
Lovalovaphunmz:
I believe in restitution, if i offend someone and i later realise it, i go back to seek for forgiveness and probably confess (if it’s something that needs to be confessed).
I always like to be at peace with everyone .
Although its nt easy oo

Okay, let's say you have a friend who wouldn't allow her husband make love or have s.ex with her. You and her husband works in the same company and this brings about some closeness between you and that man. He told you of how your friend had been starving him with love making or s.ex.

Later on, (one thing led to another) you and the man started going to hotels to fulfill what his wife wouldn't give to him.

After some months, you rededicated your life to Christ and stop the shit with that man.

Would you go and meet that woman to tell her what happened between you and her husband (all in the name of restitution)?

Will you tell your own husband this?

3 Likes

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Tobechuckwu(m): 10:31am On Aug 15, 2021
Restitution is part of restoration.
God forgives our sins... The Bible says of the disciples " whosoever sins u forgive shall be forgiven".
The book of James... " The elders of the church also forgive sins"

Now back to restitution... When u offend someone nd ask God for forgiveness, but Ur conscience keeps taking u back to the sin then u need to ask questions from God.
Mostly when we ask for forgiveness from God, nd the holy spirit through ur spirit keeps bringing it back to ur conscience ,then u need restitution... confessing Ur sins to d person u offend.

For example, let's say 5 years ago I stole money from someone nd hurted the person so bad. Then down d line I got saved nd asked God for d forgiveness of all my sins. God forgives all sins right, but if d holy ghost keeps bringing this very sin I did 5 years ago to my conscience, then I need restitution.
U might say what if I searched everywhere for d person, but to no avail or d person is dead now.
What would be my fate?
The issue here is that God has already seen my efforts in trying to restitute nd sees my heart that I actually want to make it right indeed, remember God looks at d heart nd motive.
Then I can go to my Pastor nd elders of the church to confess my sins nd tell them about the effort I put in for restitution.
Trust me, God will forgive u...the holy spirit will give u rest of mind...the elders of the church will also pray for u .

6 Likes

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by zuzuonyi: 10:31am On Aug 15, 2021
It should be preached and done.
What can be restituted should be restituted, and if it cannot be restituted, then forgiveness should be sought by the offender to the offended.
What kind of a Saint are you to remain unconcerned about an offense you committed while the offended still suffers? You steal from someone and still enjoy the loot even after "repentance", enjoy blood money, bore false witness and destroyed an innocent man's integrity/life and made him get punished for an offense he didn't commit, etc. and you're walking free without going to right your wrong. Your repentance is not complete!
Apostle Paul, after killing the early Christians and then had an encounter with Christ, was made to present himself to the people he had offended, howbeit with Christ's intervention, as God had already gone ahead to soften the hearts of the offended, thereafter, winning many more souls to Christ Jesus. So, when going to restitute, seek God's divine wisdom and leading. But restitution should be done and preached.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by phemmyfour: 10:35am On Aug 15, 2021
prettypraise:

It should be preached. All aspects of the scripture should be use to teach, edify etc

2Tim3:16-17

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? / Is It Compulsory To Speak In Tongues As A Christian? / The Benefits And Privileges Of Being A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.