Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. (19835 Views)

DESIRE 2(house On Fire) By John Mfon / "Desire" By John Mfon / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Noblejohn32(m): 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2021
Seunfunmi18:

So sorry for your loss bro.
Accept my condolences
Thanks...
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by cyber5(m): 9:02am On Dec 12, 2021
I've seen this scene a hundred times, I know where it is headed.

He should quit this group
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Noblejohn32(m): 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
cyber5:
I've seen this scene a hundred times, I know where it is headed.

He should quit this group
What group and what scene..
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by cyber5(m): 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2021
Noblejohn32:
What group and what scene..

He should quit his group of organs sellers

Check Nitefury The Cartel
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Noblejohn32(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2021

2 Likes

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Skylod(m): 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2021
OGA COME COMPLETE THE STORY NAA NO TURN M TO BEGGING PLATFORM. YOU NO DY EVER COMPLETE ANY OF YOUR STORIES..

Noblejohn32:
Merry Christmas Fans....
Be jolly and i wish you all a happy 2022..
With greater, tremendous and enormous hopes..the new year will be greater than the former..
Nature will work for our good..
Fate will favour our works..
God is alive!!!

No forget your guy oo
I'm still in need of a device..
Someone should bless me with Xmas suprise..��

David, John..
First bank..
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by dat9jaguy(m): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
Noblejohn32:
Merry Christmas Fans....
Be jolly and i wish you all a happy 2022..
With greater, tremendous and enormous hopes..the new year will be greater than the former..
Nature will work for our good..
Fate will favour our works..
God is alive!!!

No forget your guy oo
I'm still in need of a device..
Someone should bless me with Xmas suprise..��

David, John..
First bank..

Modified
Nothing do you bros

2 Likes

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Noblejohn32(m): 6:18am On May 25, 2022
Mehnn...
It's been a while I visited my page and some comments I just read... cheesy. Some people sabi para.

Lemme start by apologising for inconveniencing you all, trust me...I've been through a lot but the beauty of gold cannot be tested until it's passes through fire. I know most have already lost interest, but trust me...it will worth it!!!

So by God's grace, I've found a little of "footing" and massive updates will commence.

1st June, Updates will be hitting your screen back to back. Lemme make a promise to you guys..

This isn't gonna stop....updates won't cease until this story is over. Noble John is back! John Mfon is back!!!!

I'm available for writing jobs and if you need an MC for your events, I'm the guy for the job. I accept MC jobs any where and every where.

John Mfon(Noble)

3 Likes

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by mhizv(f): 12:27pm On May 25, 2022
Just seeing this,glad you're doing fine,and back fully.
Pls dnt forget to notify me,when you start updating. Biko!
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by dat9jaguy(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2022
Noblejohn32:
Mehnn...
It's been a while I visited my page and some comments I just read... cheesy. Some people sabi para.

Lemme start by apologising for inconveniencing you all, trust me...I've been through a lot but the beauty of gold cannot be tested until it's passes through fire. I know most have already lost interest, but trust me...it will worth it!!!

So by God's grace, I've found a little of "footing" and massive updates will commence.

1st June, Updates will be hitting your screen back to back. Lemme make a promise to you guys..

This isn't gonna stop....updates won't cease until this story is over. Noble John is back! John Mfon is back!!!!

I'm available for writing jobs and if you need an MC for your events, I'm the guy for the job. I accept MC jobs any where and every where.

John Mfon(Noble)

That is the spirit bro.

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Noblejohn32(m): 7:19pm On May 25, 2022
dat9jaguy:

That is the spirit bro.
Bro do me a favour...
Please modify your comments thank you cool
The previous ones tho....na condition cause am..
But by his grace, I'm good now.

2 Likes

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Noblejohn32(m): 6:09am On May 28, 2022
Updates loading....i don't think I can wait till 1st June. wink
I'm typing something very long to make up for lost times.

Below is a link of a short children's day comic I wrote yesterday on Facebook, do me a favour by visiting and reacting.
Thank you fam..

https://www.facebook.com/100023191746017/posts/pfbid02Y2Bu4FsXELiaEUnN4EWSxitoXo2sv7ZmWn2yh9zwVV5UnpXVZysxomwnkZBWo73hl/?app=fbl

1 Like

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Noblejohn32(m): 6:13am On May 28, 2022
Tornmill...
Khriztarl...
Mhizv...
damis28crown...
megareal...
MichaelBlake40..
Omodudu23..
Teedah...
Adeola25...
Seunfunmi18..

1 Like

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Abdulreheem(m): 7:04am On May 28, 2022
can't wait to read either.Am curiously waiting
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Seunfunmi18(m): 7:05am On May 28, 2022
Noblejohn32:
Tornmill...
Khriztarl...
Mhizv...
damis28crown...
megareal...
MichaelBlake40..
Omodudu23..
Teedah...
Adeola25...
Seunfunmi18..

Hey brotherman.
We dey here kampe.
Welcome back
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by megareal: 9:54pm On May 28, 2022
Noblejohn32:
Tornmill...
Khriztarl...
Mhizv...
damis28crown...
megareal...
MichaelBlake40..
Omodudu23..
Teedah...
Adeola25...
Seunfunmi18..
Thanks. I don land. Make I balance jeje. cheesy
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Noblejohn32(m): 8:23pm On May 29, 2022
Blood In The Ring 2
Episode 1

The Game

Mark Frost roamed round the large rented building with a tinge of fear. Fear for the unknown.
Willie had rented an old local government building in the outskirts of Okon. Together, they had gathered 20 candidates for the interview.
Willie had spent a fortune in setting up the place to look standard as it has been deserted for years. He also paid for the instalment of air conditioners and furnitures.
The process alone took him a month to complete.

Mark Frost sat on one of the pavements in deep thoughts, the sun scorched him seriously but he wasn't bothered. He kept thinking about the game plan. The plan Willie refused to let him on.
"Frost, we are expecting our victims soon!" Willie stared deeply at his smart watch.
"You need to be inside and seated!" Willie said and moved out to the spot his rangerover was packed.

Thirty minutes later, the environment was busy as the candidates started arriving the place.

Willie waited until they were complete and he directed them to the hall poised to be the conference room.

The hall was large enough with thirty chairs lined up and arranged with large tables in between.
Willie, Mark and a strange lady sat at the front and faced the candidates.
After what looked like an eternity of silence, Willie got up and smiled.

°°°°°°
Abak

Corporal Emma drove the vehicle into a large compound as directed by Mrs.Veronica.
The environment was very calm and peaceful and it was only punctuated by occasional bleating of goats.
Other youths who were into illegal stuffs ran on sighting the police vehicle.

"This should be her house" Veronica pointed at a well painted bungalow that stood out proud in the area.

They all alighted from the car, Veronica led the way followed by Inspector Philip and Emma. Then the two backup officers trotted behind.
They met an old man sitted at the frontage, sniffing from a pipe of tobacco.
Inspector Phillip observed the man critically and the man stared back at him unflinching.

"Good day Sir...We are from the area command!" Philip introduced. "I am Inspector Philip and I'll be asking a few questions regarding your daughter Glorious".
The man just stared at him point blank.
Emma observed him for a while and whispered to his Boss, " I think he's deaf!"
Inspector Philip breathed out in frustration.
"Emma, check around the house. Let's see someone we can question" Philip ordered.

°°°°
Mark Frost??

I was sweating nervously in my expensive blazers as Willie addressed the applicants.
Everything had gone to plan. Before my journey to Cameron, I had made flight reservations and bookings for eight candidates and Willie completed the rest.

When I returned from my parents place, I found out that Willie had already set the environment ready for a 'job interview'. An interview which I dreaded the outcome of it.
I had long placed the puzzle that the said ring was into organs and humans or ritual. The thought of it gave me migraine.
The lady who sat with us was the technician that fixed a particularl air conditioner. I saw her stuff a small netted cylinder into the air vents. She was also in charge of questioning the candidates.

°°°
"..Kingston Technologies is an African-American research company founded by a white scientist. I believed you have read through the vision and mission of the company on the website. This company is where you will actualize your vision. Once again, I am Mr.Emery, PRO of this company. Before we engage in the interview session, is there any question you all will like to ask?" Willie asked.
Hands we're raised up.
"Okay, Mr. Eddy here our CEO will entertain your questions". Willie sat down and whispered to me, " Make sure you don't bleep up!"

°°°
"I'm Mrs Rose...una good afternoon" A short lady greeted at the same time wiping her hands on the helm of her wrapper. "I been dey wash for backyard".
" Okay, No problem. How about this man?" Philip pointed at the man they met earlier.
"Na my brother be this ooo. Since when he return from Libya, he just dey sidon like this...i don spend money tired" The woman lamented.
"Ohh. So sorry, what about your husband?" Philip asked.

"He don die like twenty years back.." The woman replied. "Hope no problem, make I find una seat!" She beckoned on her younger sister daughter to get a bench for the visitors.

°°°
A beautiful lady in her late twenties got up, stretched her suit and cleared her throat lightly.
"Sir, I'm Miss Cynthia Keane. First of all, I want to applaud this research institute for their vision in scientific transformation and their support in making sure that those outside states attends thes interview. Paying my flight ticket was the height of kindness and I appreciate you all. But I noticed some irregularities and I'll love the board of management to put me to light".
" Okay...ask your question!" Frost mentally braced himself.
"This company doesn't have a sign post and I don't know if this place was gotten from the village council here. It doesn't look like a research institute of the caliber painted. When I stepped into town because I came all the way from Enugu, I tried asking around but no one seemed to know this place...,"
"Like I said earlier, this company is in France, Germany and Ukraine. I studied at Ukraine so we.. When I mean we, I mean this board reasoned we could bring something as this to Nigeria. The environment here is under construction because right now, practical jobs aren't carried out here. We only get technical transcripts and analyse it through our systems. By next month, the machines will be ready" Frost rapped.
Some tinge of unneasiness could be seen on the faces of the candidates.

"Frost, Falcon..it's time" Willie whispered. He turned to Falcon, "Hope the gas is ready to be launched?"

°°°
"We came in respect of your daughter, Glorious Essien. When last did you hear from her?" Philip tapped his legs on the ground.
"I spoke to her last week and...since then we never talk" The woman replied. "Wetin she do?"
"Ehmm.." Philip stuttered as he looked for placating words to drop the bombshell.

"Ahh..my dreams don dey manifest ooo...Madam Veronica, an you my daughter dey work for. I don dey Facebook you since, wetin do my daughter?" She moaned in pains.
"Can you call her because she isn't picking her Boss' calls". Philip said.
The woman fondled with her wrapper and retrieved a small phone from her breast.
She dialled her daughter's line but the automated software keep saying "switched off".
Philip groaned, he thought of the possibility of Glorious being dead.
"You and your daughter" Philip tilted forward, "Do you have a cordial relationship...Has she snubbed your calls before?"
"Nooo..my daughter always use to pick my phone calls ooo"

"Then why the hell is she not picking, except she knows something about Theresa death" Philip thought.
"Ma'am...your daughter might be in grave danger or...but" He peeled a note out of his notepad. "That's my number, Inspector Philip is the name. Call me anytime something pops up".
Philip led his entourage out of the compound.
" Sir..." Emma eyes sparkled. "I called Abigail".

" Who's Abigail?" Philip asked as he sank into the car.

"The other girl that went out with Theresa"
Philip jerked, "What update do you have?"

Emma dialed the number again.
"Officer, no be me steal the phone ooo...i see am for main road. Na two I see sef, but one tyre don march am".

" Damn!" Philip rammed his fist into the dashboard. "Track the location now!"

Tbc...

3 Likes

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by 5991ayo: 9:33pm On May 29, 2022
Hi

1 Like

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Noblejohn32(m): 6:20am On May 31, 2022
Episode 2....Loading!!!
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by mhizv(f): 7:38pm On May 31, 2022
Finally smiley
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Noblejohn32(m): 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2022
Episode 2
Part or No Part

Mark Frost??

I roamed round the room in fear as I sighted the bodies of the applicants being moved into another room.

Falcon, the strange lady worked very swift. I stared in fear and a tinge of regret. I wondered what I got myself into.

"Frost" Willie's voice jolted me out of my deep thought.

"Give a helping hand please" Willie requested.

"What helping hand?" I snapped back, "You brought these people here to kill them?"

"They are not dead!" Willie replied.

"What difference does it make because they will soon be....look at bright futures being wasted".

" Mark Frost, keep your voice down. You signed up for this" Willie replied.

I advanced towards him, "signed up for what? I never knew this was the shit you were into".

I heard a clicking sound and I turned to see a gun aimed at my head.

" Williams, let's end this" Falcon said with a sinister grin.

My eyes widened in horror as she fondled the trigger of the pistol.

"Falcon, don't worry. I'll handle this" Willie tried to shove the gun away. But, Falcon gave him an evil look.

"Will, are you deaf? You heard him right...he is not interested in the job and there's no turning back for him" Falcon replied.

I was shivering seriously and mentally debating. "Should I get into the job with them and opt out later....maybe I could play along then report them to the police" I was still thinking when the shrill female voice cut through my thought.

"Mark or whatever you call yourself, say your last prayers!" Falcon ordered.

I looked at Willie with pleading eyes.
"Falcon, I call the shots in my team. Mark here is my friend and I trust his loyalty, it's normal for him to behave this way...but everything will be fine once he's fully into the system" Willie accosted.

Falcon smirked, "You call the shots here, but I was sent by the Boss to oversee this operation so I won't see it messed up by a jew".

" I'm in..." I finally found my voice.

Falcon and Willie smiled and nodded in approval.
"Welcome to the ring Bro" Falcon smiled.

°°°°°
Inspector Philip and his team were able to track the phone. They arrived at a deserted area and met a man fitted calmly on a construction block.
The vehicle was parked and the team members raced out of the vehicle towards the man.

"I'm Inspector Phillip and this is my partner. Can I have the phones?".

"I'm Nath" The young man introduced himself.
Inspector Philip handed the phone to Miss Veronica, "This are your worker's phones". He turned to Nath.

" Mr.Nath...you said you found the phones here right?".

Nath nodded.

"Do you live around?" Inspector Philip monitored the area.

"No, but my farm is close here" Nath replied.

"Emma, what brand is this?" Phillip asked.

Emma got the phone and examined it, "Abiigail's phone...i guess is Samsung S5. Strong phone...more of a reason it was able to survive the fall. Then this damaged one...it looks like infinix hot..i dunno".

" Mr.Nath, thanks for your honesty". Inspector Philip shook hands with him.

Inspector Philip stared at the phone thoughtfully, "Corporal Emma, I think we've established a fact here".

Emma nodded thoughtfully, " The girls have been abducted by the men who took'em".

Inspector Philip smiled and turned to Veronica, "I'll let you go but like I said i need your cooperation".

" Anything Officer" Veronica replied.

"Gather all your strippers...your workers. I mean anyone and everyone that was available that night. We will be questioning them tomorrow". Philip said.

°°°°
Mark Frost??
It took as a total of 10 minutes to move the bodies of the applicants into a large refrigerator which was kept in one of the inner rooms of the hall. The refrigerator was large enough to contain even sixty human beings.

Checking their pulse, they weren't dead yet but they would. Dying by freezing was a bad kind of death. Tears were freely flowing.

" Falcon, what next?" Willie asked.

"We'll store their bodies for a week. The surgeon will be bringing the patients for the heart transplant". Falcon replied.

" How many patient?" I had to also get into the conversation though I had my plans.

"Four Brazilians" She replied.

"Then why didn't we just kill four people?" I asked a dumb question.

Falcon chuckled, "Fool..i heard you're a biologist".
I swallowed hard because I took offense.

"Look here, before a transplant is successful..the organs involved needs to be compatible. At least with these bodies, a compatible donor will be screened out for each patient". Falcon retrieved a pack of cigarette.

" And what happens to the incompatible ones?" I asked.

"We'll ship their kidney and liver to Malaysia" She offered me a cigarette and I refused.

"Bad B!tch" I cursed Falcon in my mind. So beautiful, lovely and angelic with a burnt heart of the devil. I would never believe in my wildest imaginations that a lady as this could be a organ harvester or dealer.

"Frost trust me, this would fetch us millions" Willie smiled and touched my shoulders.

I was surely going to report them to the police after leaving here.

A booming sound startled us, we rushed to the main hall to meet over twenty phones ringing.
"We need to destroy those phones and seal this place" Falcon ordered.

I moved slowly towards Falcon and quickly retrieved her pistol. They all turned in shock.

"Drop my gun down" Falcon ordered.

"What are you doing Frost?" Willie held his hands up.

I trailed the nozzle of the gun at them, "I can't be a part of this".

Tbc...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Seunfunmi18(m): 9:47pm On Jun 05, 2022
Following.
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Kentuforchrist(m): 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
Wat did I miss
John u no try oo

U no even mention me
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Kentuforchrist(m): 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2022
U suppose complete desire oooo

John try and complet that story abeg
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by Adeola25(f): 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2022
Thanks for the update
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by pyro10(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2022
Nice writings.....
Re: "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. by mceze(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2022
Beautiful!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaka The Lesbian 18+ / MINE / Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.