Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,406 members, 7,864,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement (1670 Views)

A Word Of Encouragement Please / Fellow Nairalanders Pls I Need Ur Urgent Advice / Thanks For Your Words Of Encouragement In My Previous Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Seems to me like what you need is sleep.. did you know that the mentally sick brain needs more rest than the average Brain? Have you tried using sleeping pills to get you some sleep? undecided
not really... Sometimes I'll dose off, just to open my eyes to see that I only slept for maybe 15 minutes... And that'll be all for that night
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
pstemma1990:
not really... Sometimes I'll dose off, just to open my eyes to see that I only slept for maybe 15 minutes... And that'll be all for that night
That is bad... you need to find sleep quickly so you do not end up worse off than when this first started. undecided

Please find sleeping pills or get a doctor to prescribe you good tranquilizers to help get your mind the rest it needs. Sleep for days or weeks if you can afford it.undecided

A well-rested mind is better able to tackle any and all of the problems of this life, than a restless mind as a restless mind is unable to clearly see that before it as it really is. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by WeNoGoDie(m): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Every church out there is a scam as none of them belongs to Jesus Christ. undecided

Empty Rhetoric. Guess you're the only one on earth that belongs to Jesus.

Abeg Shift.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

Empty Rhetoric. Guess you're the only one on earth that belongs to Jesus.

Abeg Shift.
Nope... Jesus Christ's own Church exists but is not of this earth as it was built by Him and not by the hands of your Mogs, whose churches are instead built on a foundation strewn with the doctrines and traditions of men, that which Jesus Christ declared were lies and an abomination to God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. undecided

You need to read John 14.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

You need to read John 14.
What do you expect for me to take away from the reading of that chapter? undecided
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What do you expect for me to take away from the reading of that chapter? undecided

Therein lies the answer to your below statement.

There is no specific location given for Him.... He is God's Law , the very Word out of God's mouth.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2021
pstemma1990:
I have a younger brother... My parents gave birth to 4 of us... But I'm the third child and the first son.

Do you know where your brother and sisters are?
You all need each other.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

Therein lies the answer to your below statement.
Answer? But my statement was not a question. I don't follow at all undecided
If you are referring to what Jesus Christ said of Him and the Father making their Home inside of those who live in continual submission to and obey His teachings, then sure. But realize that that is not there stated as the case for those who do not obey Him. undecided
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Answer? But my statement was not a question. I don't follow at all undecided

The statement was inaccurate. Without proof.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

The statement was inaccurate. Without proof.
No, the statement isn't inaccurate at all.. undecided

In John 15 vs 15 - 33, Jesus Christ explains that He and the Father will only make their home inside of those who live in continual submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments. undecided

Those who do not know of Him and those who refuse or disobey however, He does not live on the inside of. So where is Jesus Christ to be found by those who do not have Him living on the inside of them then? Jesus did not specify a geographic location of any kind as He explained that the Kingdom of God is inside and all around up, even under stones. undecided
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No, the statement isn't inaccurate at all.. undecided

In John 15 vs 15 - 33,

Jesus Christ explains that He and the Father will only make their home inside of those who live in continual submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments. undecided

How come you who claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ didn’t know that? undecided

There is no specific location given for Him.... He is God's Law , the very Word out of God's mouth

Those who do not know of Him and those who refuse or disobey however, He does not live on the inside of. So where is Jesus Christ to be found by those who do not have Him living on the inside of them then?

All they need to do is seek and they shall find if they’re willing. It is matter of will, not force.

Jesus did not specify a geographic location of any kind as He explained that the Kingdom of God is inside and all around up, even under stones. undecided

We’re talking about finding God.
Read John 4
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

Do you know where your brother and sisters are?
You all need each other.
they are in Lagos, while my brother is still in the village.... My plan is to bring him to come stay with me, but even myself it's not finding it easy, to eat sometimes it's even a problem... (Me and him do speak once in a while) the last time I saw him was in 2008
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
pstemma1990:
they are in Lagos, while my brother is still in the village.... My plan is to bring him to come stay with me, but even myself it's not finding it easy, to eat sometimes it's even a problem... (Me and him do speak once in a while)

You both need to be together more than anything.
You need him as much as he needs you.
where are you located again?
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

You both need to be together more than anything.
You need him as much as he needs you.
where are you located again?
in Nasarawa state, 20 minutes drive to Abj.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2021
pstemma1990:
in Nasarawa state, 20 minutes drive to Abj.

Well, you need to leave that place as there’s hardly any opportunities there.
First of all, save up some money and go locate your brother.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

1. How come you who claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ didn’t know that? undecided
2. All they need to do is seek and they shall find if they’re willing. It is matter of will, not force.
3. We’re talking about finding God.
Read John 4
1. Mistake ! That is supposed to be John 14 vs 15 - 33 instead. As for your question, I didn't claim that I didn't know this. My statement was that there is no specific geographical location for where to find Jesus Christ. undecided

2. When seeking, we assume we have to narrow our search to particular location , and this is why the other asked where else Jesus Christ could be found if not not churches. And that is where I stated that there is no geographical location where Jesus Christ is concerned because the Kingdom of God is all around us and everywhere, not in man-made structures. undecided

3. Yes, there is no geographical location specified for "finding" God. He is God - He is everywhere, even under a rock. undecided
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

Well, you need to leave that place as there’s hardly any opportunity there.
First of all, save up some money and go locate your brother.
thanks, I sincerely appreciate... The plan is to bring him to come stay with me, and not going to him... There's nothing for me in the village... Just praying for an open door, my little business has been down for sometimes, once things settles I'll definitely bring him.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2021
pstemma1990:
thanks, I sincerely appreciate... The plan is to bring him to come stay with me, and not going to him... There's nothing for me in the village... Just praying for an open door, my little business has been down for sometimes, once things settles I'll definitely bring him.

You’re welcome.

Ok. Think about moving to Jos with him.
I think there are better opportunities there (in Jos) than Nasarawa.
The problem could be the environment and not you.

What business are you into?
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by slan87(m): 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
Look into the mirror & say to yourself,
I WILL SING THE SONG OF VICTORY AT THE END

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

You’re welcome.

Ok. Think about moving to Jos with him.
I think there are better opportunities there (in Jos) than Nasarawa.
The problem could be the environment and not you.

What business are you into?
don't have anyone in Jos, only attended a wedding there around 2010.... I do palm sandals... Easy wear both for male and female... But my machine was stolen early this year, and cost of materials is also very expensive these days...
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
pstemma1990:
don't have anyone in Jos, only attended a wedding there around 2010.... I do palm sandals... Easy wear both for male and female... But my machine was stolen early this year, and cost of materials is also very expensive these days...

You need to make up your mind to leave that place.
There’s hardly anything for you there.

How much do you charge to make a pair of sandals?
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

You need to make up your mind to leave that place.
There’s hardly anything for you there.

How much do you charge to make a pair of sandals?
3k to 4k depending on the design.. if I have any opportunity somewhere trust me I won't hesitate before going... It's not as if I have anything doing here at the moment.... Just that I'm familiar with the environment, can even survive without money for weeks or months.... Seriously looking for something, I can as well drive very well..
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
pstemma1990:
3k to 4k depending on the design.. if I have any opportunity somewhere trust me I won't hesitate before going... It's not as if I have anything doing here at the moment.... Just that I'm familiar with the environment, can even survive without money for weeks or months.... Seriously looking for something, I can as well drive very well..

Well, the environment is holding you back.

pstemma1990:
3k to 4k depending on the design..

Here in Lagos, you can charge up to 6k-7k (or even more, depending on how modern your designs are and your location) for a pair... that is, if you’re very good at what you do.

You need to explore other places, but you can still source your material from the north as they’re cheaper there.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

Here in Lagos, you can charge up to 6k-7k (or even more, depending on how modern your designs are and your location) for a pair... that is, if you’re very good at what you do.

You need to explore other places, but you can still source your material from the north as they’re cheaper there.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

thanks for ur time and advise, I sincerely appreciate.. may God bless u
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by mariahAngel(f): 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
pstemma1990:
thanks for ur time and advise, I sincerely appreciate.. may God bless u

In all you do, never leave God and God will always be with you wherever you go.
Commit your plans to God, and God will direct your path.
Work hard and you will be established.
God bless you too.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by efficiencie(m): 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
pstemma1990:
Good morning everyone, I haven't been able to sleep for the past 9 days now...

So many things are just happening around me at the same time that I wouldn't even know where to start explaining..

(Sucide is not an option, no matter what happens I still believe that there's light at the end of the tunnel)

But getting to the end of the tunnel has been an issue...

All I need now is just words of encouragement and hope from anyone that once experienced depression and made it out... Thanks and God bless.

Our human nature has made us very sensitive to our circumstances...when the times are good we are happy and when it goes south we get depressed! And as long as we have this nature only a change in our circumstances can bring happiness but I can give you a couple of thoughts that linger in my head when I'm feeling depressed and blue.

1. There is someone out there going through worse.
Always realize your are not alone. Suffering, pain and displeasure are common in this world. Even the Bible says "man that is born of a woman is of a few days and full of trouble"

2. There is a purpose for your birth here on earth and that purpose is worth living and fighting far
There is no effect without a cause. Your birth on earth is not an accident rather it is by design. It would
be a tragedy if you exit this world without finding your purpose and living it.

3. if there is a God, then you must give account
If there is an examiner of your life on earth would you like to appear before Him empty with nothing show for the years you spent in the land of the living?

4. There is a time for everything
...a time to cry, a time to laugh, a time to work, a time for leisure...a time to be depressed, a time to be joyous. If you believe this you will keep up the fight knowing that your time to laugh, rest and be happy is coming. But you must realize that what you sow is what your reap. If you want the times of mercy to come for you you must have mercy on others. If you want the times of joy to come for you you must make others joyful.

5. There are benevolent and malevolent forces working for and against you
Always realize that some events will be beyond your comprehension and while some will be in your favor others may be to your destruction. Always recognise the power of these forces to shape your future!

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 12:47am On Aug 19, 2021
efficiencie:

Our human nature has made us very sensitive to our circumstances...when the times are good we are happy and when it goes south we get depressed! And as long as we have this nature only a change in our circumstances can bring happiness but I can give you a couple of thoughts that linger in my head when I'm feeling depressed and blue.

1. There is someone out there going through worse.
Always realize your are not alone. Suffering, pain and displeasure are common in this world. Even the Bible says "man that is born of a woman is of a few days and full of trouble"

2. There is a purpose for your birth here on earth and that purpose is worth living and fighting far
There is no effect without a cause. Your birth on earth is not an accident rather it is by design. It would
be a tragedy if you exit this world without finding your purpose and living it.

3. if there is a God, then you must give account
If there is an examiner of your life on earth would you like to appear before Him empty with nothing show for the years you spent in the land of the living?

4. There is a time for everything
...a time to cry, a time to laugh, a time to work, a time for leisure...a time to be depressed, a time to be joyous. If you believe this you will keep up the fight knowing that your time to laugh, rest and be happy is coming. But you must realize that what you sow is what your reap. If you want the times of mercy to come for you you must have mercy on others. If you want the times of joy to come for you you must make others joyful.

5. There are benevolent and malevolent forces working for and against you
Always realize that some events will be beyond your comprehension and while some will be in your favor others may be to your destruction. Always recognise the power of these forces to shape your future!
thanks and God of bless, this is really helpful.. I sincerely appreciate..
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 1:57am On Aug 19, 2021
Thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or another... May God bless us all.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by frozen70(f): 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
I in
pstemma1990:
Good morning everyone, I haven't been able to sleep for the past 9 days now...

So many things are just happening around me at the same time that I wouldn't even know where to start explaining..

(Sucide is not an option, no matter what happens I still believe that there's light at the end of the tunnel)

But getting to the end of the tunnel has been an issue...

All I need now is just words of encouragement and hope from anyone that once experienced depression and made it out... Thanks and God bless.

Try not to give up over things that are under you control and authority
It's a matter of time, it will pass off
With God all things are possible

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement by pstemma1990: 9:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
frozen70:
I in

Try not to give up over things that are under you control and authority
It's a matter of time, it will pass off
With God all things are possible
thanks ma, I appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawyers: Is This Not A Deceit? / Wife To Be Think Ability / 60 Years Old Woman Wants To Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.