Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller (4605 Views)

How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? / Here's Why You Can't Call Your Number From Your Phone / How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Smartdepotng: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCk008LR2ro
We all know Truecaller app shows you the name of the person calling you.
But what many people don't know is that you can completely delete your name and phone number from Truecaller records or database. What it implies is that no name will show up on any Truecaller app.
Yes! If they think that they are smart, you too can become smarter...
The other thing that's of bigger concern to me about Truecaller, as I explained in the video, so many permissions being requested by the app.
If it were to be only the permissions, then I won't be this concerned.
To use Truecaller now, the App requests to be default dialer, default sms app and default spam blocker. How can one app become all these in one phone? Even Google have not packed all that into one app.
Anyways, you can delete your records from Truecaller in two simple steps.
#1 Deactivate your account
#2 Unlist your records for Truecaller database

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by OnyeNka2021: 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
This is a smart move... �
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Decency2020(f): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
Op you are wrong, you can choose not make it your default dialer or default message base. I am using it but I did not choose to make my default whatever.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Smartdepotng: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2021
Decency2020:
Op you are wrong, you can choose not make it your default dialer or default message base. I am using it but I did not choose to make my default whatever.
Okay. Can I know the version of the app you are using? I tried with v11.72.8
Let me know the version you currently on.
Thanks for pointing it out.
For Any app to ask for three default functions in Android is outrageous!

2 Likes

Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Decency2020(f): 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2021
Smartdepotng:

Okay. Can I know the version of the app you are using? I tried with v11.72.8
Let me know the version you currently on.
Thanks for pointing it out.
For Any app to ask for three default functions in Android is outrageous!

Version 11.70.6

Actually I was asked to choose to make it my default dialer but I declined.

When starting up you will see made in Sweden & India

1 Like

Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by LionTiger(m): 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2021
To use Truecaller now, the App must be your default dialer, default sms app and default spam blocker. How can one app become all these in one phone?[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

You lied, don't use indirect ways to learn. And stop spreading fake information on what you don't have full knowledge of, thereby misleading the populace.
You have the option of/to choosing and authorizing the Treucallerapp to performing any of the functions you listed or use any other app as your default settings to perform any function.

5 Likes

Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by 2braithe: 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
Thanks
Instagram 1k foreign followers available at a giveaway price.Whatsapp number in my signature!

1 Like

Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Smartdepotng: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
Decency2020:

Version 11.70.6

Actually I was asked to choose to make it my default dialer but I declined.

When starting up you will see made in Sweden & India
Okay I get you. But it seems that you don't get what I was highlighting - have you used any other Android app that requests for three system default services before using the app? That's outrageous. That's what I was emphasizing. Maybe I didn't pass the message accurately.
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Smartdepotng: 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
LionTiger:
To use Truecaller now, the App must be your default dialer, default sms app and default spam blocker. How can one app become all these in one phone?[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

You lied, don't use indirect ways to learn. And stop spreading fake information on what you don't have full knowledge of, thereby misleading the populace.
You have the option of/to choosing and authorizing the Treucallerapp to performing any of the functions you listed or use any other app as your default settings to perform any function.

Okay, I accept I said that and it is wrong, my bad! I gave it all the default operations (three in total) and when I used adb logcat to check its activities, I had to uninstall the app quickly.
Truecaller has additional 30+ permissions and that's just not right.
I have to install the app and check properly this time. The default request can be bypassed by back key or cancel option but that means that Truecaller dialer won't work + all its features like instant identification of numbers while typing likewise the sms and spam instant features.
I've updated the post but we all should be aware of the amount of data that Truecaller is taking from users and are capable of taking.
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Jane345(f): 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2021
Some of you read with understanding.The o.p was trying to show the way to make ur no disappear from their data.Instead of some of u to bring up more ideas,u were busy misquoting the o.p on wat he didn't say.He neva said it was a must to make truecaller ur sms,call,and dialler.

3 Likes

Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Smartdepotng: 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2021
Jane345:
Some of you read with understanding.The o.p was trying to show the way to make ur no disappear from their data.Instead of some of u to bring up more ideas,u were busy misquoting the o.p on wat he didn't say.He neva said it was a must to make truecaller ur sms,call,and dialler.
Nigeria and dragging things - we are mostly dragons... grin
The video is very important because some people for Nigeria wey think they are very smart by using whatever Truecaller says should now know better. I can make myself not show up at all on Truecaller. Simple!
And if that can happen, what's the need?
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Josbreed: 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2021
Smartdepotng:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCk008LR2ro
We all know Truecaller app shows you the name of the person calling you.
But what many people don't know is that you can completely delete your name and phone number from Truecaller records or database. What it implies is that no name will show up on any Truecaller app.
Yes! If they think that they are smart, you too can become smarter...
The other thing that's of bigger concern to me about Truecaller, as I explained in the video, so many permissions being requested by the app.
If it were to be only the permissions, then I won't be this concerned.
To use Truecaller now, the App requests to be default dialer, default sms app and default spam blocker. How can one app become all these in one phone? Even Google have not packed all that into one app.
Anyways, you can delete your records from Truecaller in two simple steps.
#1 Deactivate your account
#2 Unlist your records for Truecaller database

OP, even if you do all the above to remove your name from Trucaller, the app can still give your name. Trucaller does not need you to register with it for it to produce your name whenever someone calls you. What it does is that it goes through your contacts and find out how your contacts saved your number in their phones. Therefore, the most common name used to save your number or the most frequent person that calls you, will pop up.
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Smartdepotng: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
Josbreed:

OP, even if you do all the above to remove your name from Trucaller, the app can still give your name. Trucaller does not need you to register with it for it to produce your name whenever someone calls you. What it does is that it goes through your contacts and find out how your contacts saved your number in their phones. Therefore, the most common name used to save your number or the most frequent person that calls you, will pop up.
Do you know that India alone have upto 200 million users of Truecaller and the Indian Army banned the use of Truecaller due to illegal privacy practices?
They can pick your contacts if
#1 You make make Truecaller your default dialer app
#2 if you click OK on the backup offer - that way they can be syncing your contacts.

EU Laws mandates that data gathered such way must have provision for its citizens to unsubscribe from such databases.
So, yes, even if Truecaller collects your number illegally or without your consent, you can remove the number/name from their database.
Go to
https://truecaller.com/unlisting
To get started or watch the video so see how.

1 Like

Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by LionTiger(m): 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2021
Smartdepotng:

Okay, I accept I said that and it is wrong, my bad! I gave it all the default operations (three in total) and when I used adb logcat to check its activities, I had to uninstall the app quickly.
Truecaller has additional 30+ permissions and that's just not right.
I have to install the app and check properly this time. The default request can be bypassed by back key or cancel option but that means that Truecaller dialer won't work + all its features like instant identification of numbers while typing likewise the sms and spam instant features.
I've updated the post but we all should be aware of the amount of data that Truecaller is taking from users and are capable of taking.

Cheers!
NB:- Just use the Truecaller App as normal dailer, don't bother much switching on your data, unless your figuring things out with it.
'Cause it will auto-synchronise all current informations for you even while you're using other apps that required data connection.
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Asianjollof007: 5:55am On Aug 19, 2021
I use mine without making it a default dialer, just for checking numbers without name
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by phemmyfour: 6:02am On Aug 19, 2021
Truecaller works without being the default dialer... OP, Be careful
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Decency2020(f): 6:39am On Aug 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
Truecaller works without being the default dialer... OP, Be careful

Simple and that was one of the things he listed , now he is changing his mouth to corner and some Mr Know it all are up there talking thrash
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Timagex(m): 7:24am On Aug 19, 2021
True caller!! shocked
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:47am On Aug 19, 2021
The benefits for me surpasses whatever it is y'all are arguing about.
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Austeeenxx: 8:41am On Aug 19, 2021
Abeg make una no allow scammers and fraudsters see this thing.
Re: Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller by Smartdepotng: 9:09am On Aug 19, 2021
YoungBlackRico:
The benefits for me surpasses whatever it is y'all are arguing about.
It has benefits I clearly admitted that but you need to carefully weigh the pros and cons.
#1 Your Truecaller name can be edited by another user without your approval.
#2 There is no proper name verification - names you see on Truecaller weren't verified with a valid ID
#3 Any user can mark your number as spam
#4 Well, back to the video title, you can deactivate and Unlist your number from Truecaller records and database and your number won't show any name in the Truecaller app.

These are heavier cons than the pros for me.
If the bad guys, spammers, scammers remove their names from Truecaller, what's the gain?

I didn't even mention the amount of data Truecaller collects from your phone nowadays.
If you reason am well, it's not worth it (in my opinion)

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Q1 The First Android Phone With A Touch Screen And A Qwerty Keypad! / How To Spot A Fake Samsung Charger In One Picture. / Tecno Boom J8 Video Unboxing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.