Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? (20926 Views)

2023: Who Is Buhari's Anointed? - The Cable / 2023: Who Do You Think Should Be Tinubu's Running Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by HolySpiritFire(f): 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2021
Peter Obi
Saraki Bukola
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by einsteine(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
It's not the person.

It's the system.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Xbobtage: 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
Chloraseptic:
No single Igbo candidate.. This is unfair.

A major tribe will not be given a chance like the two other major tribes, yet they don't want them to have their own country..

I'm Edo guy before y'all come for my head

You can imagine on Nairaland we were made to believe over the years by these yoruba posters that the igbos are very selfish people who like to grab what doesnt belong to them and that we should hate them because they are very anti-nigerian but can you believe that the yorubas are seriously going about a presidential bid when it is the turn of an Igboman.

While these people post these their polls and opinions sidelining igbo people, it is clear for the rest of us to now see who is really the opportunistic, treacherous, divisive and anti-nigerian tribe.

The whole southern unity the yoruba people have been trying to sell us is only for their presidential bid, these people care about nothing else and absolutely lack any sophistication from the way things are turning out, Following cia world factbook, the igbo people are more in population than the yorubas. Yet these people believe we can have a great country by them continuing to sideline a major nigerian tribe. Unbelievable!

None, of these people putting yoruba candidates and their kinsmen truly care about this country that is a fact.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by emilo2bad: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
Mangekyo:
Wike or Okowa
Dead on arrival Northern will never accept wike - Rivers is a Christian state
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Xbobtage: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2021
perambulator:

1. You need to understand the difference between a "candidate" and a "president". A "candidate" stands for election and his purpose is to win an election. Unless a candidate wins the election, he can never become the president. So when you talk about "better candidates", a better candidate is a candidate that can WIN an election. You win by getting more votes than your opponent!

2. The purpose of a candidate is to win the most number of votes. So the better candidate is the candidate that can win the most number of votes. it is simple arithmetic. If your home base hasnt got enough votes to lead you to victory and you have no appeal outside your home base, then no matter how good a leader you will be or how good your ideas are, you cant win an election...therefore you are not a good candidate. A good example of this was Awo.

3. if you are not liked at home but have broad appeal outside your home base and the outside votes are more than your home base votes you are a good candidate e.g OBJ!

4. if you will make a useless leader but you have enough votes, you are a good candidate because you will win e.g Buhari.

So my friend, you are the one who is being tribal, because you are the one in this case looking at things from a tribal point of view instead of the simple arithmetic it takes to win an election. To win an election any Ibo candidate must have appeal across Nigeria not local champions....this is not an election for SE governorship/senate etc where all that matters are ibo votes and perception/appeal among ibo voters. you dont have the numbers so your candidate must have appeal outside the SE. So when people outside the SE tell you the people you are mentioning are unelectable among their electorate, instead of abusing them, you either try and repackage the candidate or find a candidate that appeals to them. How you see your political leaders is different from how others may see them due to cultural differences for example. Virtually all SE governors are seen as morons outside the SE and unelectable outside the SE. Its not a tribal thing, I can mention ibos that have national appeal but they all have k leg. Okorocha has national appeal but he is a comedian an unelectable, Orji (the ibo with probably the broadest national appeal) has too much baggage, NOI is very credible but has disqualified herself by taking American citizenship in order to get the WTO job. I cant think of any Ibo right now in the political arena that has electoral appeal outside the SE. You may take offense if you like but I am just stating the facts and whether you like it or not doesnt change the facts. The best is Amaechi but you will say he is not ibo.

The ibo man would do well to listen more and abuse less. Winning a national election in Nigeria is hard but when you field a candidate that cannot win outside ibo land simply because he is popular in Ibo land, you have lost the election before you start.

Remember winning is not about who is can get votes among ibos but who can get votes amongst the rest of the country.

Dont confuse a good president with a good candidate. A good candidate is a candidate that can win. it really is that simple!!! Only a candidate that wins becomes president ...again it really is that simple!!1

So when you say Buhari is a bad candidate it means you are not thinking with your head or you do not know what a "good candidate" means. presently Buhari is unbeatable in Nigeria, if he contests in 2023 he will win and we are lucky the constitution limits his term to 2. or else no one will be able to defeat him. That is the definition of a good candidate!!!! Somebody who can win!!!

You must be naïve! Do you have to be to believe than election is won in nigeria. Its only rigged. The person with the biggest federal might wins the election by rigging.

If President Buhari picks an unknown person from Edo State as his successor, that person automatically becomes President whether you vote or not.

Those politicians who are currently enjoying nigeria because of all the wrongs that make this country a perfect place to be a politician, should try to find an igbo person loyal to them and rig that person in. Otherwise the pressure to break this country from the south east will eventually split this country.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by millionboi(m): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2021
enyiinne:
Osinbajo is our next president
datz if tinubu no spoil m
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by millionboi(m): 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by DisLifeSha: 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2021
Okowa will perform very poor. Omoagege will do very well as president

Mangekyo:
Wike or Okowa
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Igwe29(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2021
Nigeria will definitely have a good leader if we do away with ethnic and party affiliations when it comes to selecting leaders. It's difficult to spot one, but an Individual versed in economics who has a good understanding of democracy with strong desire to make a big difference in the leadership realm with zero tolerance for corruption, terrorism and religious or tribal bigotry.

I would readily support Prof. Osinbajo, or Okonjo Iweala if she declares intention to run for presidency. Or any other propitious candidate.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Litmus: 11:06am On Aug 20, 2021
Onyema, Amachi, Osinbajo, Wike, D.Duke,Fashola, Zulum
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 20, 2021
If Tinubu is not running then only Osinbajo or Fashola can be President of Nigeria in 2023. It is a Yoruba 100% for APC. SS have been moderate and merit the goodwill of the APC.

The region would be in contention if not that GEJ was President for 5 years immediately before Buhari making it impossible for another SS candidate to replace him with a potential to make it 13 years in power for the SS out of 21 years. Will not happen.

The APC can only field a Yoruba in 2023. 100% reality for intelligent pragmatists and observant Nigerians who follow development and trends on the ground always and not when it suits them or when elections are upon us.

The only battle is for the various camps to influence the type of Yoruba the Party eventually settles on.

I.e some want a gradualist and weak-minded candidate the North can control like Fayemi while others want independent-minded reformers like Tinubu, Fashola and Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2021
perambulator:

Dont confuse a good president with a good candidate. A good candidate is a candidate that can win. it really is that simple!!! Only a candidate that wins becomes president ...again it really is that simple!!1

So when you say Buhari is a bad candidate it means you are not thinking with your head or you do not know what a "good candidate" means. presently Buhari is unbeatable in Nigeria, if he contests in 2023 he will win and we are lucky the constitution limits his term to 2. or else no one will be able to defeat him. That is the definition of a good candidate!!!! Somebody who can win!!!

Pragmatic, intelligent and fact-based words of wisdom. Many will disagree but you're correct in my opinion. A good candidate has to appeal to all electoral blocs right from Party primary level to State, regional and then national battlegrounds.

This is the reality so many Nigerians cannot face because ethnocentric bias clouds the logic and reasoning of majority of our country folks.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Tinney104(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
Obasanjo grin grin

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Realhommie(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
Sufferingboy:

That is for pdp.Wike is a thug.Okowa is the man.An Ika man must rule this country.
What are his antecedents from all his years in government after being councilor, Lg chairman, commissioner, SSG, senator and now governor for almost 8 years? What has he done particularly now that he is governor?

I mean the man Okowa..

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Sufferingboy(f): 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2021
Realhommie:
What are his antecedents from all his years in government after being councilor, Lg chairman, commissioner, SSG, senator and now governor for almost 8 years? What has he done particularly now that he is governor?

I mean the man Okowa..

Oga calm down and ask people wey know make them tell you.Okowa is one of best politician in Nigeria.

Nor let hatred blind you.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2021
Chloraseptic:
No single Igbo candidate.. This is unfair.

A major tribe will not be given a chance like the two other major tribes, yet they don't want them to have their own country..

I'm Edo guy before y'all come for my head
amaechi is not Ibo again abi? Which Ibo man is active at national level like those mentioned? Governor or minister?
Or you think it's just by tribe?
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
dangermouse:
I sincerely believe the ibos be given a chance to turn this country around for good. It's high time. I mean the time is now!
have they turned their states around?
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Realhommie(m): 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Oga calm down and ask people wey know make them tell you.Okowa is one of best politician in Nigeria.

Nor let hatred blind you.
Hate ke? I only asked you a question and you're deflecting it to others... For your mind na small pikin you dey yarn with, abi? Lol..

Hate is not in my character, I also don't know how to ass-lick as I'm no sycophant. Okowa no join for people wey fit be president for this country, infact no ever try am bring him name up again because just like his predecessor (Uduaghan) he has failed. Nothing to show.

I'm a full blooded Deltan btw.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by dangermouse(m): 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:
have they turned their states around?
Meaning!
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Sufferingboy(f): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2021
Realhommie:
Hate ke? I only asked you a question and you're deflecting it to others... For your mind na small pikin you dey yarn with, abi? Lol..

Hate is not in my character, I also don't know how to ass-lick as I'm no sycophant. Okowa no join for people wey fit be president for this country, infact no ever try am bring him name up again because just like his predecessor (Uduaghan) he has failed. Nothing to show.

I'm a full blooded Deltan btw.

No be only full flooded deltan.

Me and okowa come from the same clan(Owa Kingdom).

You must be one of those hate filled urhobos.

Okowa and Uduaghan should not be compared,the later is a failure and the former is not.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Realhommie(m): 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
Sufferingboy:

No be only full flooded deltan.

Me and okowa come from the same clan(Owa Kingdom).

You must be one of those hate filled urhobos.

Okowa and Uduaghan should not be compared,the later is a failure and the former is not.
Hehehehehehehe.... No wonder you dey stick your neck out for am, coz na your brother. You see ehn, na why e go hard for this country to make progress because we play tribal politics. "Even though e bad, ehn, leave am like that, na our own"....

When you compare Delta State to Akwa Ibom and Rivers shame no dey catch you? Abi no be same oil money dem dey collect? Our own here na to share money.... Las las sha we all go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Tinney104(m): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2021
People wake up!! shocked shocked
You can try whatever you like satanically, you won't distract us from Abba Kyari!!!

The cloth delivery boy grin grin cool

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2021
dangermouse:

Meaning!
same Noni.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by dangermouse(m): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:
same Noni.
Makes no sense bayi
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by CavemanDefuturo: 11:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
According the order of the list

Dr Peter Obi
Prof. Yemi Osibanjo
Prof. Kingsley Moghalu
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by elipheleh(m): 4:50am On Aug 22, 2021
South West politicians have no wide appeal. They lack the experience and are too tribalistic and greedy to rule Nigeria. If you look at the SS and SE oil companies. The SW are too greedy for money and oil that's why they shouldn't rule Nigeria. Never again will a blind Tifnubu and the likes rules Nigeria again.

Only the SS and SE politicians like Peter Obi, Inahi Dave, Soludo, Goodluck Jonathan, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala are qualified to rule Nigeria.

The wealth of the country is from these region afterall
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Hunterovo: 3:29am On Aug 24, 2021
The New York Times
@nytimes
The highly contagious Delta variant is now the dominant coronavirus variant in the U.S., according to new estimates from the CDC. Delta accounts for 51.7% of coronavirus infections in the country, the agency calculates.

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by nsiba: 5:39am On Aug 24, 2021
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by danilmo: 7:05am On Aug 24, 2021
NetValueFX:

Power must remain in the north until the entire south decides to do the needful

That's wishful Politics
Unfortunately ur 5% vote can't do anything. U SE seems not to be Politically realistic .

U mean PDP or APC should beg u to contest or dash u the slot?
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 24, 2021
danilmo:

That's wishful Politics
Unfortunately ur 5% vote can't do anything. U SE seems not to be Politically realistic .

U mean PDP or APC should beg u to contest or dash u the slot?
2023 no far. E go clear everybody for eye.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by orisa37: 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2021
THE LORD WILL PROVIDE HIMSELF A LAMB FOR SACRIFICE.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
dangermouse:

Makes no sense bayi
democracy about emotion not sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Stop Planting Seed Of Hate Among Igbos And Yorubas - Ohaneze To Tinubu / Immigration Opens Another Passport Office In Lagos Today / Rivers: More Pro-Wike Supporters Collapse Structure For Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.