Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Breaking News: Wike Defies FG Signs VAT And Other Bills Into Law - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Wike Defies FG Signs VAT And Other Bills Into Law (2327 Views)

Rivers Crisis: Wike Defies Threats, Lands In Port Harcourt / Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law / Senate Okays 7.5% VAT And 6 Other Tax Hikes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Breaking News: Wike Defies FG Signs VAT And Other Bills Into Law by seunmsg(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
Orlaoluwayimika:

I ve seen ur arguments of this leading to double taxation and I would say I stand to differ.

If company pays their VAT to State govt and FIRS wants to force them to pay the same VAT then they can meet in court.
As of now their is a court decision that says companies shld pay their Vat to state govt so companies won't be going against any law that way then the court decides if they are liable to pay a double VAT.

Let FIRS follow court rulings by Defying this means they re going against the Law.

I would only blame Wike if FIRS has already appealed the rulings

Consumers would neva bear such brunt Vat is 7.5% and I won't pay anything higher than that for any commodity or service

FIRS has appealed the ruling.
Re: Breaking News: Wike Defies FG Signs VAT And Other Bills Into Law by NIJJAking(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire after you die. Jesus Christ love and warns you to repent and convert now to Christianity to avoid hell fire. Only Jesus Christ can save you by his death on the cross and his blood which washes away your sins, any other ways ( Islam, paganism, Hinduism, atheism, etc) can not save you. Be wise while you still have the chance accept Jesus Christ now and save your soul from hell. Be wiser than Satan and follow the one true God

(1) (2) (Reply)

From A Notorious Terrorist To A Nigerian Police Officer PIC / 2019 Presidential Result In Borno State / Peter Obi Sweeps Cross River Presidential Election - Daily Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.