Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3505166 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
koice:

Lolz. Michael Weston and Fiona with their beer gulping, mohito crazy but always reliable sidekick, Sam Axe. Don't forget Jesse... always willing to help his friends out when the going gets too dicey. Burn Notice was a fine show. I miss it too.

Chuck; Despised the finale. A disappointing conclusion to what had been a hilarious adventure.
They tried, that show almost died how many times, fans actually resurrected it by buying Subway sandwiches, they even got Subway to sponsor it. Since their network was determined to kill it (especially when they pulled that nonsense stunt with Jay Leno & that silly daily prime time show they gave him, that shtako crashed & burned, then the debacle with The Tonight Show happened when they tried to shaft Conan O'Brien)*.
Enjoy our theme song in its full glory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7aDstrDMf0

*I really need to not know these things...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
cao:

They tried, that show almost died how many times, fans actually resurrected it by buying Subway sandwiches, they even got Subway to sponsor it. Since their network was determined to kill it (especially when they pulled that nonsense stunt with Jay Leno & that silly daily prime time show they gave him, that shtako crashed & burned, then the debacle with The Tonight Show happened when they tried to shaft Conan O'Brien)*.
Enjoy our theme song in its full glory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7aDstrDMf0

*I really need to not know these things...

That full song kinda suck, to be honest. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
tunnex190:
Please do theu worth downloading? The blacklist and the last ship?

Both are good shows. The Blacklist revolves around Red Reddington and Elizabeth Keen. The former, a notorious crime boss/evil genius very high up on the FBI most wanted list that surrendered himself to the FBI voluntarily in other to solicit their help in apprehension of very sophisticated criminals. The later, an FBI special agent with a blurry past and uncertain future and has a mysterious connection to Reddington.

The Last Ship... Well, it's self explanatory. In post Apocalyptic earth, theirs was the last war ship on earth. Technically, a bit of an exaggeration, but who cares really, it's an entertaining show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
koice:

That full song kinda suck, to be honest. grin grin
Oi! Blasphemy!
koice:

Both are good shows. The Blacklist revolves around Red Reddington and Elizabeth Keen. The former, a notorious crime boss/evil genius very high up on the FBI most wanted list that surrendered himself to the FBI voluntarily in other to solicit their help in apprehension of very sophisticated criminals. The later, an FBI special agent with a blurry past and uncertain future and has a mysterious connection to Reddington.
The Last Ship... Well, it's self explanatory. In post Apocalyptic earth, theirs was the last war ship on earth. Technically, a bit of an exaggeration, but who cares really, it's an entertaining show.
Sounds really interesting, very tempted, but I already watch way too much.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hyzicbond(m): 8:53am On Mar 06, 2015
Just finished with HOC 3 I expected much but I was given little. Anyway the season focused on Claire Underwood, I was kinda wanting a big storms toward frank but it was business as usual for frank.

It a nice season but not what I expected.....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DrDre1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
cao:

But it was denied in a rather epic fashion, I'll give Guthrie that, she was having none of their BS. I already watch too much, I won't even go there.

UPDATE: Although, Tumblr keeps tempting me to watch The 100, first due to Dichen Lachman (Lexa's predecessor), but when I found out she was only in 6 episodes and had died, I was like nope...ain't nobody gonna kill Sierra (from the tv series Dollhouse) like that. No sir-ey.
Well, you've got a point...but in the real sense of it, would she have actually shot any one of the two? She wants benefits both sides of the coin has to offer. I still would pick a more prolonged fight between Flint and Vane over Guthrie ending it with a gun shot like that. As for The 100...I see you are staying away in protest grin . Dichen was good but honestly Lexa has really stepped up too with her performance. The way she switches her emotions or completely shut them off up to the facial expressions is quite good. Sometimes you look at her face and it's completely blank...yet she has this overall babyish innocent face with those eyeballs. Gosh! That girl is good. wink The latest episode really showcased these traits in her
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Simonagbons(m): 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
THE 100

VERY INTERESTING

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kovic08(m): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
koice:

Yup. Archer is super funny. You'll like it. The Americans is more serious. The plot revolve around a couple in their late 30s to early 40s, whom to all intent and purpose seemed like REAL Americans to the outside world - right down to the nasal accent and 2 kids - but were really Soviet spies and secretly spying for Mother Russia. It's a Super spy show.
i love spy movies
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mutaino7(m): 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
Anyone here watching *FOREVER* a new tv series very very interesting.. Still ongoing wit just 17episodes.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by purplekayc(m): 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
Simonagbons:
THE 100

VERY INTERESTING
am just starting it. Trying to understand the plot
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 07, 2015
U PEOPLE NEED TO WATCH BANSHEE, ITS SO HARD CORE

THE 100 IS FOR KIDS

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mkmyers45(m): 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
@Naijababe

Watch Unbreakable Kimmy on Netflix

watching it slowly as usual grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
The Musketeers...someone should kill the King already.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bastien: 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
purplekayc:
am just starting it. Trying to understand the plot
u won't understand it or like it at first, but it's interesting
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
Tommy Gavin's family is really a fvckedup one. He's banging his dead cousin's widow (sheila), his ex-wife (Janet) is banging his kid brother (Johnny), it's colleague and subordinate (Sean) is banging his kid sister (Maggie). Karma's a b*tch.

"Rescue Me" baby!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DrDre1(m): 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
cao:
The Musketeers...someone should kill the King already.
That King is legendarily stupid and inept. Latest episode is quite nerve-cracking. Someone is trying to rape his Queen and the dufus is holed up somewhere playing the victim. I'm sure he will believe all the allegations Rochefort will bring up to blackmail the Queen. I trust Milady to deal with Rochefort and that cad of a King
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
DrDre1:

That King is legendarily stupid and inept. Latest episode is quite nerve-cracking. Someone is trying to rape his Queen and the dufus is holed up somewhere playing the victim. I'm sure he will believe all the allegations Rochefort will bring up to blackmail the Queen. I trust Milady to deal with Rochefort and that cad of a King
I know-o, I was catching up on the last 3 episodes on BBC iPlayer. Chei! Katakata don bust-o - treason, espionage, betrayal. Patiently waits to see the carnage. The King is an he-diot of the biggest order.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DrDre1(m): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
cao:

I know-o, I was catching up on the last 3 episodes on BBC iPlayer. Chei! Katakata don bust-o - treason, espionage, betrayal. Patiently waits to see the carnage. The King is an he-diot of the biggest order.
Real kataka...did u get to see the spoilers for next episode? Sometimes I imagine France should express their displeasure to the producers for projecting such a silly image of one their kings lol grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
DrDre1:

Real kataka...did u get to see the spoilers for next episode? Sometimes I imagine France should express their displeasure to the producers for projecting such a silly image of one their kings lol grin
I love how everyone is French, but they all speak with a British accent. The monarchy of old did express idiocy and entitlement, even the current monarchy can be thought as such, eg Prince Phillip (AKA Prince Foolip) & his Phillp-isms.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DrDre1(m): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
cao:

I love how everyone is French, but they all speak with a British accent. The monarchy of old did express idiocy and entitlement, even the current monarchy can be thought as such, eg Prince Phillip (AKA Prince Foolip) & his Phillp-isms.
LMAO!!! U got in stiches Cao. U are so correct. I wonder what the producers would to say to justify it. Productions like Reign and The Tudors seem to take better care of the accent thing. They really did express idiocy from what I've read and seen in movies. The king in this one deserves a throphy amongst the lot though if he really lived like this. Even his smile can be irritating sometimes especially when he's excelling in his string of stupid decisions. Why won't everyone want to kill him?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
Rewatching 'Dexter' Youtube clips. . .i miss this show! sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:38am On Mar 08, 2015
DrDre1:

LMAO!!! U got in stiches Cao. U are so correct. I wonder what the producers would to say to justify it. Productions like Reign and The Tudors seem to take better care of the accent thing.

Brits actors have a reputation of being the best method actors in the world, and they are world class when it comes to historical dramas. Tudors, Game Of Thrones, Camelot, The Borgias, Da Vinci's Demon, Blacksails, and The White Queen are all perfect examples whereby all varieties of Regional British accents held sway. And I love it!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 9:15am On Mar 08, 2015
koice:

Brits actors have a reputation as being the best method actors in the world, and they are world class when it comes to historical dramas. Tudors, Game Of Thrones, Camelot, The Borgias, Da Vinci's Demon, Blacksails, and The White Queen are all perfect examples whereby all varieties of Regional British accents held sway. And I love it!
doesnt game of thrones have a predominantly american cast?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2015
phantom:
doesnt game of thrones have a predominantly american cast?

Nope. It's a British affair. There are few American cast (it being an American show and all), but most of the casts are Brits.

^^
Rome and Spartacus are other examples of Brit predominantly casted TV shows... Well, in Spartacus case, it was an equal mixture of New Zealand Actors and Brits, with few Aussies here and there.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 08, 2015
"The Last Man On Earth" sucks. The male lead's a pushover, the female lead, more annoying than funny. What a sh*tty show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by genderruler(f): 11:31am On Mar 08, 2015
Nbc cancelled a new show i was about to watch. Allegiance had only 5 episode and they decided to cancel it. what a funny network......
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 08, 2015
genderruler:
Nbc cancelled a new show i was about to watch. Allegiance had only 5 episode and they decided to cancel it. what a funny network......

I saw that coming. It was doomed even before it started. It's Nemesis being FX's The American.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Abujabir24: 11:43am On Mar 08, 2015
I started covert affairs thinking it's going to be a high classic spy action series like the Americans. But all I saw was CIA agents speaking English. Please I'm just in episode 2 should I continue or I shouldn't waste my time.
By the way, I need interesting series similar to Nikita, sleeper cell (don't know why season 3 ain't out still) and other good FBI series that are damn intriguing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 08, 2015
Abujabir24:
I started covert affairs thinking it's going to be a high classic spy action series like the Americans. But all I saw was CIA agents speaking English. Please I'm just in episode 2 should I continue or I shouldn't waste my time.
By the way, I need interesting series similar to Nikita, sleeper cell (don't know why season 3 ain't out still) and other good FBI series that are damn intriguing

Covert Affairs' lead Anne Walker was based on Alias' Sydney Bristow, though Piper Perabo struggled to make Anne Walker's role hers initially - her acting seemed forced and overboard - but, she finally became the role at later episodes. Now, Covert Affairs is a fun spy show. A lighter version of Alias.

Sleeper Cell's cancelled.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by genderruler(f): 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
koice:

I saw that coming. It was doomed even before it started. It's Nemesis being FX's The American.

that's correct. I read that its the american wannabe. I think am going to check thecamerican out...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
backstrom

show has potential, but reads too much like a house clone.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
Killing time with "Rescue Me" Season 5. Mehn... you gotta respect the bravery, and sheer guts of Firefighters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: cao(f), tp2philike(m), Whizkay(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.