Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3517925 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) (2816) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 4:35pm On Apr 23
馃帴 Blood For Dust (2023) = 5.7/10 鉁旓笍 鉂わ笍

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 4:36pm On Apr 23
WriterNig:
馃帴 The Three Musketeers D'Artagnan (2023) = 7/10 鉁旓笍 鉂わ笍

馃帴 The Three Musketeers Pt II: Milady (2023) = 6/10 鉁旓笍 鉂わ笍

The whole movie felt rushed. Still a good story though.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:00pm On Apr 23
If you haven't seen Chimera.. you are missing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 5:46pm On Apr 23
Baddestguyp:

Lol...

Everyone expected an epic battle finale...even me...
But the war had already been won... without him lifting a sword...

Now I finally understand why the previous Episode was titled "Crimson Sky"...
Because that was when the actual plan was concluded...

What an army could not do, he sent a woman to do it...

Still thought they could have extended the Episode and fit in a battle tho...
At the end of the day...he didn't have to say it himself, but he always wanted to be shogun
Again, "The battle" wasn't the point of the show, and as you rightly said, that's why the last episode before this was named "Crimson Sky", that was the point of the entire show!.

Now i can see why people who haven't read the books might have been mislead, thinking " Crimson Sky" was gonna be one big battle, when infact in the book, James Clavell didn't even go too much in details about the battle and just concluded in an Epilogue with few words, like an afterthought, that Toranaga won the battle, captured Ishido, and sent his disgraced body for public display in Osaka.

this was a very brilliant adaptation of the book imo, because i knew exactly what i was expecting, i might add.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:37pm On Apr 23
With Netflix giving Zack free hands.

We'll or I'll rather say.. I'll enjoy big time with his sweet movies
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:25pm On Apr 23
Wonder whether 2024 will deliver prime entertainment in terms of anime?? 馃檮馃槱 Shit looks bleak AF.

Last year we had ultimate nutrition with Jujutsu Kaisen, AOT, Hell's Paradise, Heavenly Delusions, Vinland Saga S2..

This year I'm seeing shit like Solo Leveling. 馃槫 Not so hyped about Demon Slayer with the sh茂tty storytelling and filler nonsense trajectory they went with the past season.

Tried Meiji Gekken some months back but ain't feeling it yet in two episodes.

Dunno when Chainsaw Man is returning asides a rumoured upcoming movie.
I don't think this year's slate is promising. 馃槩馃槫
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:28pm On Apr 23
Shogun

I'll mostly talk about the finale.
I will admit that I expected action but seeing as the last episode was titled "Crimson Sky", I suspected there might not be focus on a big battle here.

And this episode made me understand the last one better. I watched this on the road and I'll do a rewatch later...but this is my current understanding -

Toronaga knew that he stood no chance fighting in a 1v5 battle. So what an army could not do, he sent a woman.

Mariko's goal was to destroy the Allaince led by Ishido against Toronaga. Her goal was to reveal Ishido's nature to the council of regents and most importantly Ochiba.

It's been revealed in past Episodes that Ochiba hated Toronaga out of fear, she even suspected that he caused her father's death even when she had no proof. That fear was what led her to side with Ishido to protect her son, the heir.

Mariko's poem in Episode 9 was actually a message or offer to Ochiba that only Ochiba was able to dicipher. I'm yet to decipher it until a rewatch perhaps...
Ishido's actions regarding Mariko led the council of regents and Ochiba to know what Ishido would do to them immediately Toronaga was killed.

Ishido did not keep to his word to allow Mariko leave but rather assassinated her. Even though he denied it and blamed Toronaga, the regents doubted and Ishido lost the trust of the regents. To them, Toronaga was a man who had lost and had been pushed to a corner while Ishido became their biggest threat.

With Ochiba choosing to side with Toronaga and thus stay out of the war, Ishido has no banner go fight under and no army to aid him in his battle against Toronaga.

Toronaga understood this and knew he had won the coming war already with Ishido having no idea whatsoever.

But then it is revealed that Toronaga's true intentions have always been to become Shogun. He denied it all season but in his heart it was always his goal. It was in his blood. That's why he said at the end "why tell a dead man of the future" when he was asked if he wanted to be Shogun.

In other words, Toronaga basically won the war before lifting his sword.

But because of Toronaga's desire to be Shogun, he lost his closest allies including his closest friend and he ends up alone on the cliff.

I think it basically represents Toronaga being on top of the world without friends by his side. All alone. So he is basically the villain if you see it that way.

As for John Blackthorne's fate, it is revealed that the scenes of him returning to England and being old in England with his English children is merely a dream. In the dream he held on to Mariko's chain necklace. In reality he placed it in the river.

He will never leave Japan but rather be Toronaga's puppet. Toronaga will play him and sink his ship several times if need be to keep him there building a stronger army for Toronaga.

In all, I thought some of the character arcs were solidly completed. But I did not like the conclusion to Ochiba's character.
I wanted to know for sure if Toronaga actually killed her father...or it's merely a figment of imagination borne out of her fear. The show left this plotline unanswered.

Also the way Ochiba chose to side with Toronaga is unconvincing. It also doesn't give closure as there's still about a month before the battle...what if she changes her stance before then?

We also needed to see Ishido's death...and see Toronaga becoming the Shogun.

What is the Heir's fate? Does Toronaga kill him and Ochiba?

There are way too many unanswered questions that a few minutes of added screentime could have cut to.

It was like the show kept edging us but didn't let us n没t. grin

Overall, a really solid show...but the finale could have been better...instead it leaves way too much open to interpretation

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 12:05am On Apr 24
Kaycee7:
Barney Stinson is undisputably one of the greatest characters ever created.

I'm telling you. He's the goat.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 12:06am On Apr 24
Chibudollar:
I just can't bring myself to hate Yabushige. The ultimate GOAT 馃槀

I love that guy. His hustle is real. I'll see the latest episode tomorrow.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:50am On Apr 24
Sh么gun (2024)

Why tell a dead man, the future?

I don't think i have come across an "FX" series that i didn't like and with Sh么gun, they have raised their standard even higher!.
Stunning cinematography, Amazing set and costume design, rich story telling and compelling characters, all rolled into one, makes for a very good show imo, and this totally excelled in all that. I think, there is a total shift of sheer number of people genuinely interested on feudal Japan and the intricacies of Samurai politics, based off, on seeing this masterpiece alone.

It was like a poetry, everything meticulous and intentionally done , no words, no action was taken just for the sake of it. I can see why people where mislead to think, this was gonna end on a "bang", after all, all the build-up will suggest so, but alas, with was just a play on the juxtaposing culture clash of East and West, honour and ambition played out with wit rather than brute.

If one is paying attention, the show effectively ended at Episode 9, aptly named "Crimson Sky", that's when the true battle took place!, and so keeping with theme of a true poetry which I think the show is, Episode 10 is like a bonus, an envoi, the last stanza of a poetry, that ties everything together and gives a deeper and fulfilling meaning to the entire thing, let me cite some examples

Yabushige writes his will continuously through out the show, but at the last episode hands Omi a note and says "This is my final Will".

There was an episode where, Mariko, Blackthorne and Fuji seats, the first time a connection is made between all 3, this scene is repeated in Episode 10, but this time, is just Blackthorne and Fuji-sama and the semblance of heartbreak 馃挃.

And my personal favorite, in the very first episode, after learning about Blackthorne's ship, Omi asks Yabushige if he was gonna tell Lord Toranaga about it, to which he replies, "Why tell a dead man about the future"? , and on episode ten dying embers, Yabushige asks Lord Toranaga, what was the point of the entire ruse, and what actually, is his plans before he commits seppuku, at least he believes Lord Toranaga owes him that much, to which Lord Toranaga bluntly tells him..Why tell a dead man the future? before he chopped off his head.

That's why I feel the show runners stick a perfect landing with episode 10, and it's probably the best finale I have seen, since "Succession".

Mann, This show will pick Emmys for fun during the award season, and rightly so, FX has this, Fargo, and "The Bear", in their coffers, makes me wonder if these guys ever miss?.

A true masterpiece and might be a stretch, but it's probably gonna be my show of the year pending when HOD and "The Bear S3" both debut that is.

9/10.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:55am On Apr 24
oyaskii:
Sh么gun (2024)

I don't think i have come across an "FX" series that i didn't like and with Sh么gun, they have raised their standard even higher!.
Stunning cinematography, Amazing set and costume design, rich story telling and compelling characters, all rolled into one, makes for a very good show imo, and this totally excelled in all that. I think, there is a total shift of sheer number of people genuinely interested on feudal Japan and the intricacies of Samurai politics, based off, on seeing this masterpiece alone.

It was like a poetry, everything meticulous and intentionally done , no words, no action was taken just for the sake of it. I can see why people where mislead to think, this was gonna end on a "bang", after all, all the build-up will suggest so, but alas, with was just a play on the juxtaposing culture clash of East and West, honour and ambition played out with wit rather than brute.

If one is paying attention, the show effectively ended at Episode 9, aptly named "Crimson Sky", that's when the true battle took place!, and so keeping with theme of a true poetry which I think the show is, Episode 10 is like a bonus, an envoi, the last stanza of a poetry, that ties everything together and gives a deeper and fulfilling meaning to the entire thing, let me cite some examples

Yabushige writes his will continuously through out the show, but at the last episode hands Omi a note and says "This is my final Will".

There is was an episode where, Mariko, Blackthorne and Fuji seats, the first time a connection is made between all 3, this scene is repeated in Episode 10, but this time, is just Blackthorne and Fuji-sama and the semblance of heartbreak 馃挃.

And my personal favorite, in the very first episode, after learning about Blackthorne's ship, Omi asks Yabushige if he was gonna tell Lord Toranaga about it, to which he replies, "Why tell a dead man about the future"? , and on episode ten dying embers, Yabushige asks Lord Toranaga, what was the point of the entire ruse, and what actually, is his plans before he commits seppuku, at least he believes Lord Toranaga owes him that much, to which Lord Toranaga bluntly tells him..Why tell a dead man the future? before he chopped off his head.

That's why I feel the show runners stick a perfect landing with episode 10, and it's probably the best finale I have seen, since "Succession".

Mann, This show will pick Emmys for fun during the award season, and rightly so, FX has this, Fargo, and "The Bear", in their coffers, makes me wonder if these guys ever miss?.

A true masterpiece and might be a stretch, but it's probably gonna be my show of the year pending when HOD [/i]and "[i]The Bear S3" both debut that is.

9/10.
from what I read on Twitter, I think a spy was with Yabushige all along that was the reason Tonaraga repeated the same words Yabushige said in the beginning. Don't know if that's the case sha.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 9:03am On Apr 24
Chibudollar:
from what I read on Twitter, I think a spy was with Yabushige all along that was the reason Tonaraga repeated the same words Yabushige said in the beginning. Don't know if that's the case sha.
lol wasn't it obvious? Muraji was the spy and Lord Toranaga is/was the greatest plotter/schemer in the entire show. Always once step ahead and acting like nothing was happening whilst he was outfoxing everybody.

Him saying he didn't really need the Anjin for any military advantage, and that he just needed him for laughs and a distraction for his enemies made me gag, a master tactician...Pep Guardiola dey learn work where this man dey 馃槱馃槱

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 9:29am On Apr 24
Hallelujah!!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 9:32am On Apr 24
abduleez1:
Wonder whether 2024 will deliver prime entertainment in terms of anime?? 馃檮馃槱 Shit looks bleak AF.

Last year we had ultimate nutrition with Jujutsu Kaisen, AOT, Hell's Paradise, Heavenly Delusions, Vinland Saga S2..

This year I'm seeing shit like Solo Leveling. 馃槫 Not so hyped about Demon Slayer with the sh茂tty storytelling and filler nonsense trajectory they went with the past season.

Tried Meiji Gekken some months back but ain't feeling it yet in two episodes.

Dunno when Chainsaw Man is returning asides a rumoured upcoming movie.
I don't think this year's slate is promising. 馃槩馃槫

There are certainly some good anime airing already. Some of the ones in following currently are -

1. Go! Go! Loser Ranger (my personal favorite airing...it has like evil power rangers)

2. Kaiju No. 8

3. Spice and Wolf

4. Viral Hit

5. Dragon Raja

6. Jobless Reincarnation S2P2

7. That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime S3

8. Konosuba S3

9. Black Butler

10. Windbreaker
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 11:33am On Apr 24
F*cking hell. I have had this since forever on my phone and just decided to give it a trial, I am genuinely blown away. I remember downloading it just for downloading sake, didn't even check the ratings or nothing. Amazing.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 12:30pm On Apr 24
Chibudollar:
F*cking hell. I have had this since forever on my phone and just decided to give it a trial, I am genuinely blown away. I remember downloading it just for downloading sake, didn't even check the ratings or nothing. Amazing.

Didn't like season 2 tho
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 2:51pm On Apr 24
Erenjp:

Didn't like season 2 tho
still on season 1
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 3:35pm On Apr 24
Chibudollar:
still on season 1

Season 1 was very very good. Season 2 went from okay to Westworld kind of crazy to what I cant even explain.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Silentgroper(m): 3:37pm On Apr 24
TheStrongest:
Shogun!
I have nothing to say...
to be candid ... I was short of words at the concluding part ...

I have a feeling there's still story to tell though .. which means, a season two shalt be upon with time ..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 4:06pm On Apr 24
Achilles100:

Season 1 was very very good. Season 2 went from okay to Westworld kind of crazy to what I cant even explain.
I don't know why most shows are like this, season would be fire, but the follow up season they run out of ideas.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Greatdesi(m): 4:22pm On Apr 24
Chibudollar:
Hallelujah!!
Is it that interesting?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by V9er: 5:04pm On Apr 24
I watched that the bear tille pisode five I no enjoy am one bit
oyaskii:
Sh么gun (2024)

There was an episode where, Mariko, Blackthorne and Fuji seats, the first time a connection is made between all 3, this scene is repeated in Episode 10, but this time, is just Blackthorne and Fuji-sama and the semblance of heartbreak 馃挃.

A true masterpiece and might be a stretch, but it's probably gonna be my show of the year pending when HOD and "The Bear S3" both debut that is.

9/10.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Percival9(m): 5:25pm On Apr 24
Shogun finale flopped hard for me

tongue lipsrsealed undecided

Rubbish
All the build up and anticipation only leads to boring ending

Atleast show us
Lets see ishido face when he realizes he is fighting alone

This was too predictable after mariko death last episode

Cause she already said her death will shake Osaka and dismantle the regents in episode 9

Shogun is too short the skipping too much im disappointed

7/10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 5:42pm On Apr 24
Percival9:
Shogun finale flopped hard for me

tongue lipsrsealed undecided

Rubbish
All the build up and anticipation only leads to boring ending

Atleast show us
Lets see ishido face when he realizes he is fighting alone

This was too predictable after mariko death last episode

Cause she already said her death will shake Osaka and dismantle the regents in episode 9

Shogun is too short the skipping too much im disappointed

7/10
no matter how a show ends, some of you must complain there was nothing wrong with the finale of Shogun, all in all A MASTERCLASS
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 5:43pm On Apr 24
Greatdesi:

Is it that interesting?
very interesting. Depends on the type of series you like Sha, and you have to be a bit patient. Don't just watch episode 1 and dump
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:48pm On Apr 24
馃帴 Monkey Man (2024) = 6/10 鉁旓笍 鉂わ笍

Brutal, Thrilling. Just lacked a bit of direction.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:49pm On Apr 24
馃帴 Arthur The King (2024) = 6.1/10 鉁旓笍 鉂わ笍

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24
Kaiju No 8.. Eps 2

This anime got one of the best intro songs Ive ever heard grin grin grin cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24
Baddestguyp:
Shogun

I'll mostly talk about the finale.
I will admit that I expected action but seeing as the last episode was titled "Crimson Sky", I suspected there might not be focus on a big battle here.

And this episode made me understand the last one better. I watched this on the road and I'll do a rewatch later...but this is my current understanding -

Toronaga knew that he stood no chance fighting in a 1v5 battle. So what an army could not do, he sent a woman.

Mariko's goal was to destroy the Allaince led by Ishido against Toronaga. Her goal was to reveal Ishido's nature to the council of regents and most importantly Ochiba.

It's been revealed in past Episodes that Ochiba hated Toronaga out of fear, she even suspected that he caused her father's death even when she had no proof. That fear was what led her to side with Ishido to protect her son, the heir.

Mariko's poem in Episode 9 was actually a message or offer to Ochiba that only Ochiba was able to dicipher. I'm yet to decipher it until a rewatch perhaps...
Ishido's actions regarding Mariko led the council of regents and Ochiba to know what Ishido would do to them immediately Toronaga was killed.

Ishido did not keep to his word to allow Mariko leave but rather assassinated her. Even though he denied it and blamed Toronaga, the regents doubted and Ishido lost the trust of the regents. To them, Toronaga was a man who had lost and had been pushed to a corner while Ishido became their biggest threat.

With Ochiba choosing to side with Toronaga and thus stay out of the war, Ishido has no banner go fight under and no army to aid him in his battle against Toronaga.

Toronaga understood this and knew he had won the coming war already with Ishido having no idea whatsoever.

But then it is revealed that Toronaga's true intentions have always been to become Shogun. He denied it all season but in his heart it was always his goal. It was in his blood. That's why he said at the end "why tell a dead man of the future" when he was asked if he wanted to be Shogun.

In other words, Toronaga basically won the war before lifting his sword.

But because of Toronaga's desire to be Shogun, he lost his closest allies including his closest friend and he ends up alone on the cliff.

I think it basically represents Toronaga being on top of the world without friends by his side. All alone. So he is basically the villain if you see it that way.

As for John Blackthorne's fate, it is revealed that the scenes of him returning to England and being old in England with his English children is merely a dream. In the dream he held on to Mariko's chain necklace. In reality he placed it in the river.

He will never leave Japan but rather be Toronaga's puppet. Toronaga will play him and sink his ship several times if need be to keep him there building a stronger army for Toronaga.

In all, I thought some of the character arcs were solidly completed. But I did not like the conclusion to Ochiba's character.
I wanted to know for sure if Toronaga actually killed her father...or it's merely a figment of imagination borne out of her fear. The show left this plotline unanswered.

Also the way Ochiba chose to side with Toronaga is unconvincing. It also doesn't give closure as there's still about a month before the battle...what if she changes her stance before then?

We also needed to see Ishido's death...and see Toronaga becoming the Shogun.

What is the Heir's fate? Does Toronaga kill him and Ochiba?

There are way too many unanswered questions that a few minutes of added screentime could have cut to.

It was like the show kept edging us but didn't let us n没t. grin

Overall, a really solid show...but the finale could have been better...instead it leaves way too much open to interpretation

Toranaga is just that kind of boss that will sacrifice his workers to get a promotion undecided

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 6:12pm On Apr 24
blingxx:

Toranaga is just that kind of boss that will sacrifice his workers to get a promotion undecided
pretended throughout the season about how he wasn't interested in becoming shogun while his mind was set on it. Selfish man .
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 6:38pm On Apr 24
Fallout........7.8/10

There's not much to say about this show. A pretty solid show...
I can't compare to the games because I know absolutely nothing about the games...

However, the show still has some issues.

One is the worldbuilding.
Honestly the producers did not do a good job introducing newbies to the world. The first episode did well in setting up all three (3) protagonists but did a bad job in worldbuilding.

For an episode that introduced us to 3 different locations, the first episode failed to show how the locations were connected.
In fact at a point during my watch of the first episode, I began to wonder if all 3 events were talking place within the same timeline.

My Second major complaint is there was way too much coincidence and plot contrivances to get characters together...

Everyone was easily finding themselves in the vast wasteland just because the plot required it.

I laughed when Lucy found Maximus trapped in the knight armor. She has a tracker in the head, not in his suit of armor. The head had been taken the previous night.

How did the Ghoul find the dog inside the cola crate?
Characters kept finding each other randomly that it made no sense...

It reminded me of The Witcher where somehow despite different far cities, characters kept randomly bumping into each other when in danger...

In Fallout, there were also several times characters kept making extremely st没pid decisions...
Half the time it was played for gags...but it's hard to ignore completely...

These issues and several others are present but they do not ruin the experience for anyone. Overall, it's still a pretty solid show...
Not by any stretch a masterpiece and I can't compare it to the games since I have no knowledge of the games

(1) (2) (3) ... (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) (2816) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: toluxe0075

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96