Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3516011 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 10:29am On Jun 02, 2016
princesuko:
Anyone watching Bloodline

Downloaded the season 2 few days back, I'll get to watching it soon, yeah I follow bloodline it's a great show
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 10:35am On Jun 02, 2016
Mehn, do I love the Nolan family, From Christopher Nolan with the batman trilogy to now his bro Jonathan Nolan with the POI, the 100th episode of POI was superb, In action, emotion, roots death, and and that speech by finch..
I'm so gonna miss this show when it goes off air cry cry

Cao get me that handkerchief

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
so I finally watched The Brink amidst all the hype it generated in this thread sometimes ago and guess what, it sucks. the comedy tried too hard to be funny and failed miserably at it. The whole plot was just too silly to be relevant, no wonder it was cancelled. @Koice what do you think?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
The leftovers is one super show. If you ain't watching it you're definitely missing out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bratking:
so I finally watched The Brink amidst all the hype it generated in this thread sometimes ago and guess what, it sucks. the comedy tried too hard to be funny and failed miserably at it. The whole plot was just too silly to be relevant, no wonder it was cancelled. @Koice what do you think?

My impression of The Brink after forcing myself to watch all 10 episodes is this: a "political satire" (if you can even call it that) that shoots for the exuberance yet acerbic energy of Veep, but the end result is much akin to a political version of Ballers instead. Basically, it's a bunch of sh*tty people hurling F-laden bomb around quite liberally and generally being sh*tty to one another. Just like you said, it's a silly show.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bratking:
The leftovers is one super show. If you ain't watching it you're definitely missing out.

Concurred. The 2nd season is even better than the first. It's a show that baffles, overwhelms and scintillates all at once, a typical mind fvck slow burner.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
princesuko:
Anyone watching Bloodline

Done and dusted. The Second season is crazeee! Kev__Marco... fill in the blank.wink
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
koice:

My impression of The Brink after forcing myself to watch all 10 episodes is this: a "political satire" (if you can even call it that) that shoots for the exuberance yet acerbic energy of Veep, but the end result is much akin to a political version of Ballers instead. Basically, it's a bunch of sh*tty people hurling F-laden bomb around quite liberally and generally being sh*tty to one another. Just like you said, it's a silly show.

Asin eh. the way they hyped the show ehn, I was like mehn this show will make sense. Instead I couldn't even force myself to laugh even once. From Episode one to 10, the characters were just all silly. The foreign policy politics involved is also grossly inaccurate to say the least.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
koice:

Concurred. The 2nd season is even better than the first. It's a show that baffles, overwhelms and scintillates all at once, a typical mind fvck slow burner.

Well said. The beginning of season 2 baffled me but I was able to make sense of it towards the ending. The show forced me to reflect on many things like life after death and life itself. The show is deep.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ultimatesammie(m): 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
kingsilly:
Mehn, do I love the Nolan family, From Christopher Nolan with the batman trilogy to now his bro Jonathan Nolan with the POI, the 100th episode of POI was superb, In action, emotion, roots death, and and that speech by finch..
I'm so gonna miss this show when it goes off air cry cry

Cao get me that handkerchief
I so much want to see what finch is planning on doing.
Its really sad POI is coming to an end.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bratking:

Well said. The beginning of season 2 baffled me but I was able to make sense of it towards the ending. The show forced me to reflect on many things like life after death and life itself. The show is deep.

Yup, it's as deep is it gets. The Leftovers is all about flawed people trying to cope with this uncertainty as best they can. There are no easy answers, and the show isn't interested in providing any - Its ambiguity is its greatest strength.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bratking:

Asin eh. the way they hyped the show ehn, I was like mehn this show will make sense. Instead I couldn't even force myself to laugh even once. From Episode one to 10, the characters were all just silly.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
Interesting how one's TV mood changes.

Back to Slow Burners. cheesy

Peaky Blinders. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FBS: 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
Roots.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
Wentworth is back and, more gritty as ever! Watched the first 2 episodes of the latest season yesternight... hoping to catch the 3rd and 4th this evening.

Anywho, downloaded an Australian series A Place To Call Home today at work, came highly recommended from a collegue with similar taste in shows. Can't wait to delve right in tonight. smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
bykebyke:
Interesting how one's TV mood changes.

Back to Slow Burners. cheesy

Peaky Blinders. grin
the best tv shows are usually slow burners. Dexter, Breaking Bad, Hannibal, The leftovers, Better Call Saul, House Of Cards, Homeland, etc. That's where you can find true quality in factual storytelling.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
koice:
Wentworth is back and, more gritty as ever! Watched the first 2 episodes of the latest season yesternight... hoping to catch the 3rd and 4th this evening.

Anywho, downloaded an Australian series A Place To Call Home today at work, came highly recommended from a collegue with similar taste in shows. Can't wait to delve right in tonight. smiley

Wentworth back? Yipee! grin
Is A place like home any good?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bekas(m): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
The Leftovers While I loved the first season the improvement
between season 1 and season 2 is unparalleled. A great
examination of trying to find meaning in the midst of tragedy.
There is enough mystery to keep driving the plot forward but the
characters are so richly drawn that the answers don't seem as
important.
It's a shame we only going to get one more season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bekas:
The Leftovers While I loved the first season the improvement
between season 1 and season 2 is unparalleled. A great
examination of trying to find meaning in the midst of tragedy.
There is enough mystery to keep driving the plot forward but the
characters are so richly drawn that the answers don't seem as
important.
It's a shame we only going to get one more season.

Heard that the plot will be moving from Miracle to Australia. quite a change of scenery.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 5:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bratking:
The Brink. .the only complete show on my laptop I refused to delete ...its even password protected...maybe u watched the Nollywood's version which featured Tonto Dike and the rest lames..and u coming here to yap about it!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bratking:

the best tv shows are usually slow burners. Dexter, Breaking Bad, Hannibal, The leftovers, Better Call Saul, House Of Cards, Homeland, etc. That's where you can find true quality in factual storytelling.
This is what you have just done.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3792006_hitthenailonthehead_jpeg6ac9a035d0dff3885cce6fbe621166a8
grin

Haven't seen Hannibal & The Leftovers though.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
iyke1989:
The Brink. .the only complete show on my laptop I refused to delete ...its even password protected...maybe u watched the Nollywood's version which featured Tonto Dike and the rest lames..and u coming here to yap about it!

the show suck joor! Try as hard as I may I couldn't find one genuine credible humor devoid of meaningless profanity and absurdity. Realism wise, the plot is a joke. nothing like that will ever happen and for gods sake who still use FAX machine in this time and age. No pilot is indispensable, you fucck up while on duty, you get dishonourably discharged pronto. Elected officials and government appointees are civil to each other in official capacity esp in the presence of POTOS. The brink made mockery of that in an absurb manner Veep does it all the time but stylishly. I can go on and on, The Brink is a mess. Hbo did the right thing by axing it, it also got bad reviews.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
bykebyke:

This is what you have just done.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3792006_hitthenailonthehead_jpeg6ac9a035d0dff3885cce6fbe621166a8
grin

Haven't seen Hannibal & The Leftovers though.

better make them your priorities o. those shows are guaranteed to blow your mind.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bratking:

better make them your priorities o. those shows are guaranteed to blow your mind.
Okay sure.

Good old days when you could say things like this and won't be called a sexist. grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bratking:

the show suck joor! Try as hard as I may I couldn't find one genuine credible humor devoid of meaningless profanity and absurdity. Realism wise, the plot is a joke. nothing like that will ever happen and for gods sake who still use FAX machine in this time and age. No pilot is indispensable, you fucck up while on duty, you get dishonourably discharged pronto. Elected officials and government appointees are civil to each other in official capacity esp in the presence of POTOS. The brink made mockery of that in an absurb. manner. Veep does it all the time but stylishly. I can go on and on, The Brink is a mess. Hbo did the right thing by axing it, it all got bad reviews.
Realism relinquished.....its a good joke and a damm funny one! Ep1-10 although mismatched and incongruous to modern day polity its infusion of bittersweet untold facts is overwhelming...its sole purpose was to make us laugh, and it did justice to that..especially for me...so pissed it was cul-de-sac
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
iyke1989:
Realism relinquished.....its a good joke and a damm funny one! Ep1-10 although mismatched and incongruous to modern day polity its infusion of bittersweet untold facts is overwhelming...its sole purpose was to make us laugh, and it did justice to that..especially for me...so pissed it was cul-de-sac
Well I can understand why it appealed to people like you, it's toilet humor has a very large audience esp popular among late teens and young adults but fortunately I don't like toilet humor so I wasn't amused at all. I like my humor full of pensive but catchy punchline and humorous without needing to wallow in the greyish murky waters of the toilet.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
Wow, finally done with Line of duty.. cool

Next up
Happy valley
Bosch
Broadchurch
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
koice:

What do you think about Mad dogs? Both the US and the UK versions. Is it safe to download?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bratking:

Well I can understand why it appealed to people like you, it's toilet humor has a very large audience esp popular among late teens and young adults but fortunately I don't like toilet humor so I wasn't amused at all. I like my humor full of pensive but catchy punchline and humorous without needing to wallow in the greyish murky waters of the toilet.
toilet humour u say....just cos u visceral doesn't mean all shows should grotesquely revolve in tune with ur cyclone or must be fashioned to suit ur taste and yours only..if its popular among late teens and young adults then its fucckin winning!! Who the Bleep cares about the myopic minority
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Elparaiso(m): 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bratking:

After all your spoken words rhymes and poetry, I still feel the need to love the toilet humor.
The Brink was the shii, if you don't know.

In fact, I would appreciate it if you can recommend some stupid toilet humor shows for me.
I mean, the ones you really hate.

iLove that show.

iyke1989:
toilet humour u say....just cos u visceral doesn't mean all shows should grotesquely revolve in tune with ur cyclone or must be fashioned to suit ur taste and yours only..if its popular among late teens and young adults then its fucckin winning!! Who the Bleep cares about the myopic minority

You are replying English with English.
Let him hate abeg

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ding! Ding! Ding!!
Elparaiso:

After all your spoken words rhymes and poetry, I still feel the need to love the toilet humor.
The Brink was the shii, if you don't know.

In fact, I would appreciate it if you can recommend some stupid toilet humor shows for me.
I mean, the ones you really hate.

iLove that show.

Let him hate abeg
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 7:08pm On Jun 02, 2016
Elparaiso:

Let him hate abeg
lol.... "Replying English with English" hihihihi grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Haipre, jikins(m), alvan73

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.