Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3506572 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (2815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2016
MasterEmmanu3l:
I'm sure this bykebyke of a person is a huge fan of GoT...He just doesn't want to bruise his fake I-Hate-GoT ego.
Abeg no make me cough. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by parrotibaba(m): 11:49am On Jul 09, 2016
bykebyke:

Firstly,"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."

Where is the logic in calling one series the best ever when you haven't even seen half of the various series made in the world.??

What stopped him from saying it was the best he has ever seen if it was an opinion?

I shït on this belief that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and should be respected,this belief has made people say whatever they like and someone arguing against one's opinion is disrespectful.

Secondly,I could argue this all day but I seriously cannot be arsed,If I see another shïtty opinion,I will point it out.
The "all opinions are not equal" pertains to a discourse or an argument. In this case however, it doesn't involve any. He came here and made his own opinion and you snapped at him, same way you do anybody with a positive opinion about GOT. There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone saying that GOT is the best TV show ever, majority of the world's population including various important people are also of the opinion.

Like I said, it is his opinion until he sees another show that convinces him otherwise. He doesn't have to watch the whole TV shows on earth before making that opinion.

It was his opinion because he never imposed it on anybody. He said and I quote "Game of thrones I await your season 7. Best TV series ever" From all indications, this is his opinion and he has a right to have one.

You can shiit and also piss on the belief that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion for as long as you want and it won't change a thing. The world is too big for one person to impose his own beliefs and opinions on everybody. I can't come out and say that horses are better than cars and expect everyone to subscribe to my opinions, that's absolutely ridiculous.

Again, there's nothing shitty about someone's opinion about anything. If he sees GOT as his best TV show ever you have to respect his opinion because he never imposed it on you. We all have different tastes in different things, you don't like GOT, he does, you like HOC, I don't, you shouldn't complain nor force your opinion on another's.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2016
parrotibaba:
but he didn't quote you when making his opinion neither did he denigrate anyone against his opinion hence making it HIS OWN opinion. You were the one who quoted him and imposed your own opinion on his. Tell me, is that fair? And the funny thing is that you have been ridiculing this TV show and it's viewers for such a long time that whenever someone drops a positive thought about GOT, you're quickly snapping his/her heels. The same house of Cards that you venerate didn't suit my taste, I couldn't even finish the season 1 but you don't see me disparaging your taste in TV shows whenever you mention it because I realized that it's your opinion even though you try to force it on anyone that says otherwise.

There are TV shows that are so unique that you can barely find another to replace it even years after its end. So there's absolutely nothing wrong in someone calling GOT the best TV series ever at least until he/she sees a show better than it. The fact that you decided not to call HOC your best show ever has nothing to do with anything.

everyone is entitled to their opinion. every opinion counts and like taste it's more subjective than objective.

what I have learnt from gracing a lot of discussion forums is that every fan is antagonistic in one form or another. there are the confrontational types that will attack anyone that didn't agree with them, they are the ones that try to impose their own opinion on others, so in that sense they are very opinionated, they don't have a lot of supporters too cos no one likes a loud mouth. but they ain't the real dangerous ones..being loud doesn't make one dangerous. nope the real dangerous ones are the passive aggressors. you can't argue or reason with them cos their minds are already made up. they are deliberately not very assertive and as a result invites a lot of sympathy to their cause. in forums they barely talk or engage in hot debate. they don't need to as sympathizers line up to do it for them. so at the end of the day, they are the real aggressors that fights by proxy.

in this scenerio byke byke is the loud mouth, csamii the passive aggressor and you, csamii sympathizer and proxy. byke byke is not really arguing with you, nope he's actually arguing with csamii! cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
Bratking:

everyone is entitled to their opinion. every opinion counts and like taste it's more subjective than objective.

what I have learnt from gracing a lot of discussion forums is that every fan is antagonistic in one form or another. there are the confrontational types that will attack anyone that didn't agree with them, they are the ones that try to impose their own opinion on others, so in that sense they are very opinionated, they don't have a lot of supporters too cos no one likes a loud mouth. but they ain't the real dangerous ones..being loud doesn't make one dangerous. nope the real dangerous ones are the passive aggressors. you can't argue or reason with them cos their minds are already made up. they are deliberately not very assertive and as a result invites a lot of sympathy to their cause. in forums they barely talk or engage in hot debate. they don't need to as sympathizers line up to do it for them. so at the end of the day, they are the real aggressors that fights by proxy.

in this scenerio byke byke is the loud mouth, csamii the passive aggressor and you, csamii sympathizer and proxy. byke byke is not really arguing with you, nope he's actually arguing with csamii! cheesy
and wat position do u sit on in all of these...the 3D television?? undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2016
iyke1989:
and wat position do u sit on in all of these...the 3D television?? undecided

i'm of the confrontational variety myself. in discussions I prefer to engage a fellow confrontational type....passive aggressors are the worst. you nko?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2016
parrotibaba:
The "all opinions are not equal" pertains to a discourse or an argument. In this case however, it doesn't involve any. He came here and made his own opinion and you snapped at him, same way you do anybody with a positive opinion about GOT. There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone saying that GOT is the best TV show ever, majority of the world's population including various important people are also of the opinion.
And majority also thinks it's overhyped.We have passed this point before.

Like I said, it is his opinion until he sees another show that convinces him otherwise. He doesn't have to watch the whole TV shows on earth before making that opinion.
Of course he has to,emphasis on the word "ever"
Is Game of Thrones the only series that has "ever" been made?

It was his opinion because he never imposed it on anybody. He said and I quote "Game of thrones I await your season 7. Best TV series ever" From all indications, this is his opinion and he has a right to have one.
Did I say he didn't?
I reiterate again,it's a shïtty opinion.

You can shiit and also piss on the belief that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion for as long as you want and it won't change a thing. The world is too big for one person to impose his own beliefs and opinions on everybody. I can't come out and say that horses are better than cars and expect everyone to subscribe to my opinions, that's absolutely ridiculous.
We are comparing series,not two distinct different things.
What I have a problem with is,
He rode an Albanian Horse and outrightly says it is the best horse breed ever.
Has he ridden a Corsican horse? Or a Colorado Ranger? Or a Tiger Horse?
If he had said,Best ever I have seen in my life then I would have had no problem with that.

Again, there's nothing shitty about someone's opinion about anything. If he sees GOT as his best TV show ever you have to respect his opinion because he never imposed it on you.
For one's opinion to be respected,it absolutely has to be respectable.
You can't have an unrespectable opinion and want me to respect it.
People here know I do not hide my feelings about series.
We all have different tastes in different things, you don't like GOT, he does, you like HOC, I don't, you shouldn't complain nor force your opinion on another's.
Firstly,I watch every series,I have no particular taste.
If you are good,I continue watching and praise you.
If you are bad,I criticize you.
Secondly,I have never imposed anything on anybody here.
I have criticized,still criticizing(Quantico)and I have defended.(Breaking Bad)
If someone comes here and say Quantico is dope,then me and that person have a problem,and that is a well known fact here.

What I have never done is say you must like this or this,and that I will never do.

cc:Parrotibaba

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by parrotibaba(m): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
bykebyke:

CBA.
Oga no be quarrel we dey ooh grin grin I was just passing across my point
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
Bratking:

i'm of the confrontational variety myself. in discussions I prefer to engage a fellow confrontational type....passive aggressors are the worst. you nko?
*wears specs..brings out jotter and pen...write down stuffs..looks right back at him* I'm ur new psychologist..Dr. Phil's on Holiday grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by parrotibaba(m): 12:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
Bratking:

I ain't fighting anybody's war here and besides there wasn't any argument there to begin with. He's was picking on the ninja and for all I care, the guy doesn't even have any idea what's going on, I just saw something that I needed to address and I did, this is a forum after all. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
iyke1989:
*wears specs..brings out jotter and pen...write down stuffs..looks right back at him* I'm ur new psychologist..Dr. Phil's on Holiday grin

*shakes my head in despair and signals an orderly to come in. then I said to the orderly*

prep him for electric shock therapy, the schizophrenia has resurfaced. he thinks he's Dr phil now...

grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
Bratking:

*shakes my head in despair and signals an orderly to come in. then I said to the orderly*

prep him for electric shock therapy, the schizophrenia has resurfaced. he think he's Dr phil now...

grin grin
now......that's just insane!!! grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
parrotibaba:
I ain't fighting anybody's war here and besides there wasn't any argument there to begin with. He's was picking on the ninja and for all I care, the guy doesn't even have any idea what's going on, I just saw something that I needed to address and I did, this is a forum after all. grin

oh he knows. he dropped a comment too. I'm pretty sure he's mighty glad you're winning. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
iyke1989:
now......that's just insane!!! grin grin grin

yeah you're definitely insane! grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
Bratking:

yeah you're definitely insane! grin grin
lol...you're most definitely insane..the Ritcher motherfccking magnitude scale typa shiit! grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by parrotibaba(m): 1:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
Bratking:

oh he knows. he dropped a comment too. I'm pretty sure he's mighty glad you're winning. grin
grin grin cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
observinq...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
parrotibaba:
Oga no be quarrel we dey ooh grin grin I was just passing across my point
I say na quarrel? grin

Was busy at that time.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
iyke1989:
lol...you're most definitely insane..the Ritcher motherfccking magnitude scale typa shiit! grin grin grin

your own craze pass tsunami self. straitjacket anti-noise padded room kind of crazy. schizophrenia can do that to a person. don't worry tho, you still get hope sha. electric shock therapy can work wonders grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2016
Singapore1:
observinq...

you better look road o else na gutter go settle ya mata cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
Treyknowles:
Nope I Haven't Seen Suits,but I Will Check It Out After My Exams.

I'm still sure you'll love it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nobsalis: 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
awww now I feel bad this is the site I use dl.fardadownload.ir then u click on serial for series and films for movies. Tho some people complained that it is slow, I and others haven't experienced that.

So u can check it out.

wow.... I tried it and it worked out so well just as u said.
U are indeed a darling.
Thanks a bunch #Respect
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Treyknowles(m): 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
DeCypherMe:

I'm still sure you'll love it.
Aiit Bro.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
southland. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kolade354(m): 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
Is Gotham that interesting
I stopped watching after eppisode 2.
Bykebyke nd Bratking,pls recommend interesting series for me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
Kolade354:
Try Peaky Blinders, or Bosch, or The Americans or Vikings if you haven't seen it.

More especially Vikings.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kolade354(m): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
bykebyke:

Try Peaky Blinders, or Bosch, or The Americans or Vikings if you haven't seen it.

More especially Vikings.
Thank's man!!!
What your take on Gotham?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
Kolade354:
Thank's man!!!
What your take on Gotham?
Don't have any.

I haven't seen it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
Kolade354:

like all dc comics adaptation, Gotham sucks. cheesy

banshee
kingdom
southland
the shield(not to be confused with agents of shield)
last ship
Vikings
narcos
Slasher
the red road
the path
boomtown
the fall
Hannibal
daredevil
happy valley
peaky blinders
veep
house of lies
alpha house
master of none
broadcity
jericho
silicon valley
suits
Mr robot
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
Bratking:

well try the following...

banshee
kingdom
southland
the shield(not to be confused with agents of shield)
last ship
Vikings
narcos
Slasher
the red road
the path
boomtown
the fall
Hannibal
daredevil
happy valley
peaky blinders
veep
house of lies
alpha house
master of none
broadcity
jericho
silicon valley
suits
Mr robot

seriously??
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
iyke1989:
seriously??
look hard, I'm sure supergirl and pretty little liars are there somewhere grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iyke1989(m): 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
Bratking:

look hard, I'm sure supergirl and pretty little liars are there somewhere grin grin
dude....that list of urs sucks!!! Its like listing the consonants instead of vowels.... tongue
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
iyke1989:
dude....that list of urs sucks!!! Its like listing the consonants instead of vowels.... tongue

you didn't find supergirl in the list? oh my bad! I'm allergic to girlie shows. the type you seem to love. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (2815) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Cypherhendrix(m), stanislaus67(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.