Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3508323 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (2816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Eric14(m): 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2017
StrafordSTONES:

have watched last ship and the unit ...I just decided I won't watch Gotham

I searched Google and d prescribed Macgyver; have you seen it? is it good?

Checkout Six season 1, Agent X, Blacklist S 1-4
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2017
Freciprocal:

Seems u just started watching series smiley

Anyways I am waiting for the comment of the guy who quoted me, u are a newbie wen it comes to series!!!

Alaba boy!!! grin
Yes this year cheesy
Seems you are an oldie in series world, that is why you are comparing a series that begin to be interesting from season 3 with the one that is interesting from the beginning cheesy
Oh by the way I see that you love punchlines ( quotes)
GOT is the series with the highest meaning punchline ( quotes) with House of Card
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Singapore1:

Then let it be your personal opinion..
GOT comes close to BB? undecided
Hian laughable
A whole GOT

The only reason I can understand why he ranked BB ahead of GOT is because it's fantasy based. Those things can not play out in real life scenarios as opposed to BB that is very relatable.

I find Sons of Anarchy way more interesting than 24 and Prison Break too.

If we are being a realist here.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
Vorpal:

The only reason I can understand why he ranked BB ahead of GOT is because it's fantasy based. Those things can not play out in real life scenarios as opposed to BB that is very relatable.
1. BB and GOT are of different genre and they shouldn't be compared in the first place
2. BB is circled around one actor which made it easy to follow and relate with compare to GOT.. You need all brain working when following GOT
3. I am a fan of Both BB is good one of the best show out there.. But if you can't wait till season 2-3 you won't understand and enjoy it unlike GOT..
4. The directors in BB do less work compare to GOT.. Because it is centered around one actor compare to GOT where you don't even know who to support ( just like today's politics) ... If you follow politics religiously across the globe, you will understand GOT very well
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Decale: 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
A show with multiple awards from various categories is overrated

A show that shot an actor to the path of Oscar nominations is overrated

A show that has the highest ratings in every critic site there is is overrated

Instead of you to finish the overrated tv series, they start complaining cos the season 1 didn't hit the nail like their favorite series like Empire, Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, The flash, Power and the rest

Sit your ass down and appreciate Breaking Motherfucking Bad angry

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
Singapore1:

Yes this year cheesy
Seems you are an oldie in series world, that is why you are comparing a series that begin to be interesting from season 3 with the one that is interesting from the beginning cheesy

Lemme reveal what I do when judging if I would download or follow a series.

1) I go to Imdb.com to check out the review of the movies/Series

2) I have a personal yardstick... 8.0 and above for TV series (The higher, the better) (Anything below 8.0 is not a bad series oh)

3) I check the rating and the number of people who voted it

4) I download and enjoy... den com online and start bashing Cao, Elparaiso, kaycee7 and the rest... grin

Note:

As at 7:00pm 15-04-2017

GOT was voted 9.5/10 by 1,141,097 movie enthusiasts

Breaking Bad was voted 9.5/10 by 970,429 movie enthusiasts

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2017
Vorpal:

I find Sons of Anarchy way more interesting than 24 and Prison Break too.

If we are being a realist here.

I love your taste in series... SOA was cool.

GOT fans don plenty... BB was a show that ended in 2013 yet e still dey pull weight. I dont just like wen pple talk bad about the show, especially when they have not seen it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2017
Freciprocal:

Lemme reveal what I do when judging if I would download or follow a series.

1) I go to Imdb.com to check out the review of the movies/Series

2) I have a personal yardstick... 8.0 and above for TV series (The higher, the better) (Anything below 8.0 is not a bad series oh)

3) I check the rating and the number of people who voted it

4) I download and enjoy... den com online and start bashing Cao, Elparaiso, kaycee7 and the rest... grin

Note:

As at 7:00pm 15-04-2017

GOT was voted 9.5/10 by 1,141,097 movie enthusiasts

Breaking Bad was voted 9.5/10 by 970,429 movie enthusiasts
You just shot yourself you know?
I guess I don't need to argue with you again
See the vote yourself
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skitkid2(m): 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2017
The writers of Breaking Bad did a great job.

Their is a feeling of satisfaction you get after watching the whole seasons.

How a chemistry teacher, went from just teaching, to being worse than bad.

The actors are great, the pace is excellent.

Finish the series and you will truly appreciate it

Its way better than Game of thrones.

Game of thrones comes close because of the big budget and nice story lines(plot).
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
Singapore1:

1. BB and GOT are of different genre and they shouldn't be compared in the first place
2. BB is circled around one actor which made it easy to follow and relate with compare to GOT.. You need all brain working when following GOT
3. I am a fan of Both BB is good one of the best show out there.. But if you can't wait till season 2-3 you won't understand and enjoy it unlike GOT..
4. The directors in BB do less work compare to GOT.. Because it is centered around one actor compare to GOT where you don't even know who to support ( just like today's politics) ... If you follow politics religiously across the globe, you will understand GOT very well

1) Series can be compared based on suspense, intrigues, viewership, etc

2) All series are based on One thing, u got that of BB, GOT is circled around the throne grin

3 Spot On!!! cheesy

4)I don't quite agree with you.

Read about the making of BB and follow the documentary, u would see that the work u think was not put in was actually done. GOT is CGI nah, very easy stuffs, I would let u resarch wat Vince did with BB.

Lemme give u an example... Use westworld for example careful planning, u only understand better wen u watch the next episode, Your knowledge only becomes full during the finale.

Nobody (Except pple want to lie) saw what was coming till the finale... That's an example of a great series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
Singapore1:

If BB was so easy to relate with, why then wait to season 2 or 3 to get it?

I for one watched neither of both series of their season one. I only watched two to see how it goes and hurriedly went to buy the rest.

The idea you need all brains to follow GOT is pretty subjective, not everyone thinks in the same intensity.

Agreed, both series are of different genres, but if we were to base it on reality, BB seems far more plausible in today's world.

As for world politics, if GOT were like so, the world will be much simpler than it is today. Your family does not become king of a domain or continent just because you have dragons. As strong as America is, it does not have overall total power over the world.

The world is far more intricately dynamic than GOT.

Given GOT highlights some basic politics that has been since time, but is not as of the world we live in.

The series Boss, particularly is more accurate.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Eric14(m): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
godthank3434:
Please someone should help me with 10 seasonal movies as inspiring and intellectual as prison break

Check
Lastship, Blacklist, Chicago PD, Banshee, Strike back, Homeland, Blindspot, Power, Crossing lines, Flashforward, The firm, The Event, The killing................
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
I think we argued this BB Vs GOT of a thing last year and we ended nowhere
I can't shout again cheesy
I don see bykebyke already..
He will come and spoil everything with house of cards now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
Singapore1:

You just shot yourself you know?
I guess I don't need to argue with you again
See the vote yourself

Na, it was the Truth. You probably did not read where I said Personal opinion

Dont be quick to judge, see my response to Vorpal too

BB stopped in 2013

GOT is coming up with Season 7 this year 2017

Lemme do the calculation for u too incase u cant subtract cheesy 2017 - 2013 = 4 years and GOT has not beat BB who has been on 9.5 for the past 6 years.

I was never arguing with u... lemme reiterate for guys like u arguing without knowing how to read

Dont judge a show until you have completed it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
Freciprocal:

I love your taste in series... SOA was cool.

GOT fans don plenty... BB was a show that ended in 2013 yet e still dey pull weight. I dont just like wen pple talk bad about the show, especially when they have not seen it.

If something is going to take my time, it better be worth it. So I carefully pick my series.

When I was a prison break fan boy, I was in secondary school, now that I have grown, I know better. No man can out rightly outsmart a government for that long.

There are more clever or just as clever people government would recruit if they want you gone.

Example, Zero Dark Thirty movie. That was based on a true story.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
Me keeping calm and waiting to get in on the game of thrones slander.

Because if we are being honest,only people with poor taste enjoy Game of Thrones.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
bykebyke:

Because if we are being honest,only people with poor taste enjoy Game of Thrones.
But only the great enjoy House of cards

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
Vorpal:

If something is going to take my time, it better be worth it. So I carefully pick my series.

When I was a prison break fan boy, I was in secondary school, now that I have grown, I know better. No man can out rightly outsmart a government for that long.

There are more clever or just as clever people government would recruit if they want you gone.

Example, Zero Dark Sixty movie. That was based on a true story.

True talk... 24, Lost and PB are classics, then we still dey go alaba den dey buy the CD's every week.

Data no dey then. You go see, Lost (Season 1, complete Season 1, Final season 1) u no go know which one to buy grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
Singapore1:

But only the great enjoy House of cards
Yeap yeap.

Elite minds like me. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2017
bykebyke:

Na fight u wan cause so oh... Their fans plenty like chelsea fans tongue

Make I begin dodge bashing

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:35pm On Apr 15, 2017
Vorpal:

Example, Zero Dark Sixty movie. That was based on a true story.
no noo don't say that ..micheal jackson was the first person in the music industry to make some dancing moves ( on toes, moon walker etc )
but if you watch the way guys of nowadays do the moves easily, cleand and precise you will hate micheal jackson moves ..but one thing is certain, he is the pioneer .. just like there are better bulb than the one thomas edison made
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
bykebyke:

Yeap yeap.

Elite minds like me. grin
when is the next season of house of card sef abi dem don stop am ni?
money no dey?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stegomiah: 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2017
Vorpal:

If BB was so easy to relate with, why then wait to season 2 or 3 to get it?

I for one watched neither of both series of their season one. I only watched two to see how it goes and hurriedly went to buy the rest.

The idea you need all brains to follow GOT is pretty subjective, not everyone thinks in the same intensity.

Agreed, both series are of different genres, but if we were to base it on reality, BB seems far more plausible in today's world.

As for world politics, if GOT were like so, the world will be much simpler than it is today. Your family does not become king of a domain or continent just because you have dragons. As strong as America is, it does not have overall total power over the world.

The world is far more intricately dynamic than GOT.

Given GOT highlights some basic politics that has been since time, but is not as of the world we live in.

The series Boss, particularly is more accurate.

I think you need to keep kwayet
You watching just two episodes and thinking you know BB makes whatever analysis you have flawed

I was once like you, saw the mad BB ratings... Watched episodes 1 and 2...told myself this is a no for me

As in a guy in a minivan with some boy went to a desert to cook.... It was that boring

Took me another 3 months to pick it up.... Managed to finish the season 1 and 2 in almost 2 weeks.... But i was following
The series began to pick towards the 2nd half of season 2...finished season 3-5 in 2 days.... It was that good
Since then i came to realize there is no series this good, no series this close to reality

Problem with me black folks is that we just like an all out action series... We don't care bout the plot, the storyline.... Just shootings, fightings, conspiracies and drama up and down

BB started as a slow plot, the transition from a good guy, good chemistry teacher, good father, good husband to a badass

Him saying you gotta wait till season 3 is the badass part where all the actions you so much crave for starts

Am a fan of GOT as well, but if i were to choose... It's not even debatable... It's BB all day

Sometimes I wish i could wipe out a part of my memory just to get that feeling again i had, that experience watching BB, the suspense... The master piece, the genius of walter white

The white man knows it's not by noise or loudness.... It's all those slow things... Slow music.. Slow movies that hit you hard the most
Reason adele and recently sam smith been so dominant at the grammys
Still speaking of, as of when BB was in production
GOT was getting nominations, BB was getting the big wins at the emmys, the grammy or oscar of tvseries.. It was after they finished BB, GOT became dominant... Winning 10 or 12 or thereabout emmys in a night

So when next you wanna compare a series... BB and GOT be like messi and ronaldo... Way out of league with the rest, but still one might have more fans, one might be more popular, one might be more marketable, but then the other is slightly better
Opinions might differ though

But justice is watching both, not just watching 2 episodes of one and coming here to conclude

Don't judge a book by its first chapter

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2017
Stegomiah:

You watching just two episodes and thinking you know BB makes whatever analysis you have flawed

I was once like you, saw the mad BB ratings... Watched episodes 1 and 2...told myself this is a no for me

As in a guy in a minivan with some boy went to a desert to cook.... It was that boring

Took me another 3 months to pick it up.... Managed to finish the season 1 and 2 in almost 2 weeks.... But i was following
The series began to pick towards the 2nd half of season 2...finished season 3-5 in 2 days.... It was that good
Since then i came to realize there is no series this good, no series this close to reality

Problem with me black folks is that we just like an all out action series... We don't care bout the plot, the storyline.... Just shootings, fightings, conspiracies and drama up and down

BB started as a slow plot, the transition from a good guy, good chemistry teacher, good father, good husband to a badass

Him saying you gotta wait till season 3 is the badass part where all the actions you so much crave for starts

Am a fan of GOT as well, but if i were to choose... It's not even debatable... It's BB all day

Sometimes I wish i could wipe out a part of my memory just to get that feeling again i had, that experience watching BB, the suspense... The master piece, the genius of walter white

The white man knows it's not by noise or loudness.... It's all those slow things... Slow music.. Slow movies that hit you hard the most
GOT was getting nominations, BB was getting the big wins at the emmys, the grammy or oscar of tvseries.. It was after they finished BB, GOT became dominant... Winning 10 or 12 or thereabout emmys in a night

So when next you wanna compare a series... BB and GOT be like messi and ronaldo... Way out of league with the rest, but still one might have more fans, one might be more popular, one might be more marketable, but then the other is slightly better

But justice is watching both, not just watching 2 episodes of one and coming here to conclude

Epic!!! cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
Freciprocal:

True talk... 24, Lost and PB are classics, then we still dey go alaba den dey buy the CD's every week.

Data no dey then. You go see, Lost (Season 1, complete Season 1, Final season 1) u no go know which one to buy grin

Lol....you remind of this time I and some dude took a friend's dad suv to go buy just movies and series at alaba.Something we could have got within our area.

Whenever I remember that day, I just smh.

The movies were worth it tho.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
Stegomiah:

this is the best way to describe both series grin grin
i was a ronaldo fan though .. but i saw the light grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
Singapore1:

no noo don't say that ..micheal jackson was the first person in the music industry to make some dancing moves ( on toes, moon walker etc )
but if you watch the way guys of nowadays do the moves easily, cleand and precise you will hate micheal jackson moves ..but one thing is certain, he is the pioneer .. just like there are better bulb than the one thomas edison made

I don't even know how to respond to this. undecided

Stegomiah, sorry did you quote the wrong person?

Where did I state I watched only two episodes?

Madam you best adjust your glasses and read carefully. undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Vorpal:

Lol....you remind of this time I and some dude took a friend's dad suv to go buy just movies and series at alaba.Something we could have got within our area.

Whenever I remember that day, I just smh.

The movies were worth it tho.

Back then I embarrassed myself one day wen one babe asked me what I was watching... I replied Glee Season 8

The babe shouted wt.f... Glee just has 4 season shocked

I rushed online to confirm, then felt bitter. Alaba people fell my hands!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
Kingsilly, I couldn't wait for Netflix to finally catch up. Now watching season 2 of You Me Her elsewhere. These people no go kill person-o.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stegomiah: 8:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
Vorpal:

I don't even know how to respond to this. undecided

Stegomiah, sorry did you quote the wrong person?

Where did I state I watched only two episodes?

Madam you best adjust your glasses and read carefully. undecided

Yeah, quoted the wrong person
Was referring to signapore1

Thanks for the advice, will sure do adjust my glasses next time
grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
Stegomiah:

Yeah, quoted the wrong person
Was referring to signapore1

Thanks for the advice, will sure do adjust my glasses next time
grin
lol you quoted the wrong person again
i watched all BB and enjoyed ..
na one impatient guy
you need to change the glasses

StrafordSTONES is your guy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (2816) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Zaha(m), Gr8lex(m), Meel, Flamez01, ucsquare(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.