Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3524006 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
sod09:
i like watching movies alone sad

lone wolf!

yes boss!!gringrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
SAMBHOSS:

lone wolf!

yes boss!!gringrin
cheesy cheesy
have you seen Wu kong
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Androidking: 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
EmmGee:

how's community. I'm thinking of starting. Are you liking it so far?

Fine its comedy but d problem is not background laugh .if not it would be awesome . am on season 1 episode 5 . taking it small small.

I just need side chick series to keep myself busy while I wait for Xmas holiday
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Androidking: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
Freciprocal:
Sometimes I marvel when peeps argue over a TV series being interesting or not.... If a series is yours, you would know. If a series is not yours, it means you are the problem (pun intended grin )

I hope my analogy helps shed more light.

I had the opportunity of meeting a movie guru in 2012, he is a Pakistani who till date has had the highest collection of porrnn i have ever seen (800 GB). I asked him for movies and series.... He gave me 2 drives (3.5 terabytes and 2.5terabytes). He had every movie I could think of. My challenge was how to cram the best into my 2 terabytes HDD (1 terabytes each)...

I had Southpark, The wire, Top gear, just to mention a few. At first they dint click, Southpark clicked in 2015 (3 years later), The wire clicked in 2013 (1 year later), while top gear clicked in 2015 (3 years later). Breaking Bad and The walking dead both clicked in 2015 (3 years later)

What is my point?

Most series needs a level, a state of mind to be able to better appreciate it, If you come upon a series you dont feel now... You are the problem... wait small! Still doesnt click?.... wait small again, no rush!!

Still doesnt click?..... You no dey hear word? I say make u wait!!! angry

If you dont have patience, then sadly TV series is not for you
grin

Sorry for the long Epistle tongue

You are right but not every series worth d wait .

For example some series only drop a story per episode .typical example is SCORPION .

In this kind of series if u miss episode 2 it won't stop u from enjoying episode 4 or 5 .

Although scorpion gat some story line .

The best example is

The Mentalist
The blacklist
Lie to me

These series are based on episodes story and it won't trap u for long very soon u get bored .

Series like the originals .

You can see that d story is joined with d season not per episode .

My point is some series are not worth spending ur time or money and Mb .

U don't need to have 10 terabyte for u to be a movie guru .
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
harmbhrosz:
then you no sabi better series....

Ha! Don't make me laugh.

harmbhrosz:

One of the producer/director behind stranger things is the same director behind House of Cards

And so? What's your point exactly? HOC isn't exactly making waves since season 1&2. Season 3, 4 and 5 are very forgettable and repetitive and since Spacey is now a Child fuccker, I don't think season 6 will be any better. Being a director/producer in a shiit show isn't exactly exemplary dude.

harmbhrosz:

The series that has won 21 awards and has had 77 nominations so far...it was nominated along with Games of Thrones at Golden Globe Awards.

Don't be naive. Only kids and naive people judge tv series based on awards and nominees nowadays. Three of the best tv shows of all times, The Shield (I don't mean agent of Shield pls), Justified & The Wire only garnered a negligible number of awards between them through the length of their respective run and yet people will look at this shows and use them as the gold standard to judge other shows.

Shows like Super girl, Smallville, Supernatural, The 100, Flash, 2 Broke girls and Pretty Little Liars have won multiple awards between them, but no self respecting tv show enthusiast will come out and rave about them. Why? Cos they are crap, period.

Awards don't mean shiit pal, the system is heavily rigged. It's the love and devotion of the fans that matter. Any credible television critic will tell you same.

harmbhrosz:

This same series is the biggest hit for Netflix so far followed by House of Cards

Don't confuse popularity with quality dude. They ain't the same and can never be. Popularity is based on hype and Stranger things granted has that going for it at the moment. Quality wise, it's still far behind Netflix originals like Mindhunter, The Crown, Ozark and even HOC (season 1&2 at least).

And even in popularity it's not even numeruno. It's behind Chasing Cameron and 13 reasons why (another overrated crap).

harmbhrosz:

So abeg no talk that thing for where movie TV series gurus dey o.... anyway sha na your opinion

Dude, you should redirect that statement to yourself. I believe in difference of opinion and all, but yours is meh. You strike me as quite the strawman in the world of tv series.

harmbhrosz:

But to me it's one of my Top 5 series ever with the best 1980s nostalgia so far

And what's with all these 80s nostalgia crap? Were you born in the United States and in the 70s to have remembered the 80s quite clearly and thus have a credible sense of nostalgia where Stranger Things is concerned? I get it when Americans say shiit like that, but hearing it from a Nigerian sounds pretentious as fucck!

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
SAMBHOSS:

its definitely getting a second season...it has to....

Frank Castle is the PUNISHER!!!grin

I hope so though I'm a bit skeptical. I read online that Disney has started to pull all the Marvel contents from Netflix that licencing don't cover.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
isaiah9:
Those women don't want their men or son to have anything to do with Tommy. What they don't realize is without Tommy, the Shelby name means sh*t, lots of them would be dead by now, they wouldn't have had so much money and he's the brain of the family. Littlefinger in peaky blinders? Can't wait.

exactly,tommy is d brains nd yes we would c little finger

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
Androidking:

You are right but not every series worth d wait .

For example some series only drop a story per episode .typical example is SCORPION .

In this kind of series if u miss episode 2 it won't stop u from enjoying episode 4 or 5 .

Although scorpion gat some story line .

The best example is

The Mentalist
The blacklist
Lie to me[b][/b]

These series are based on episodes story and it won't trap u for long very soon u get bored .

Series like the originals .

You can see that d story is joined with d season not per episode .

My point is some series are not spending ur time or money and Mb .

U don't need to have 10 terabyte for u to be a movie guru .

I had to read your comments thrice, still cant understand where you coming from

I am only replying cos you had to quote me...

One who is able to catalogue movies from the 40's till date is a Movie Guru. He had movies from Charlie Chaplin to taxi, from sound of music to oliver twist, Detective Columbo to all the Bond movies ever made. I doubt you have even heard about the movies I listed above.

@ Bolded... It is sad and frustrating to be waiting weekly for O2tvseries to download you 75 mb series. Many guys here even stream episodes live and have yearly netflix subscriptions. I would advice you network with movie fanatics so u can @ least be copying 720p and 1080p movies.

I am so sure you have never seen more than a 8 GB flash drive to start with undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
S01E05.... So many racial jibes!!!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
Freciprocal:
S01E05.... So many racial jibes!!!

You haven't seen anything yet, wait till you get to the courtroom....i laughed my ass out...literally....if possible...grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
sod09:
cheesy cheesy
have you seen Wu kong

no oh...how dah one begrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
Bratking:

I hope so though I'm a bit skeptical. I read online that Disney has started to pull all the Marvel contents from Netflix that licencing don't cover.

this people like too much law
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
SAMBHOSS:

no oh...how dah one begrin
haven't too...it's Chinese though
Them no they fight for land na air or roof grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by harmbhrosz(m): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2017
SAMBHOSS:

no talk say e no sabi better shows.....that's insensitive.....

one man's meat is another's poison......

the GOT that's causing commotion... I love it...and I also know people who hate it asfgrin

its just the way it is...grin
I still said his opinion is his and his alone, I definitely can't force him to like Stranger things but saying the show is crap was what I was condemning, Breaking Bad is a good show but I don't like it, which doesn't mean I should call it crap, so there's a difference
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gotta wait till Peaky Blinders wind up, meanwhile... catching up on

- Alias Grace
- Sick Note
- Doctor Foster
- Frontier
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by harmbhrosz(m): 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
Bratking:

Ha! Don't make me laugh.

And so? What's your point exactly? HOC isn't exactly making waves since season 1&2. Season 3, 4 and 5 are very forgettable and repetitive and since Spacey is now a Child fuccker, I don't think season 6 will be any better. Being a director/producer in a shiit show isn't exactly exemplary dude.

Don't be naive. Only kids and naive people judge tv series based on awards and nominees nowadays. Three of the best tv shows of all times, The Shield (I don't mean agent of Shield pls), Justified & The Wire only garnered a negligible number of awards between them through the length of their respective run and yet people will look at this shows and use them as the gold standard to judge other shows.

Shows like Super girl, Smallville, Supernatural, The 100, Flash, 2 Broke girls and Pretty Little Liars have won multiple awards between them, but no self respecting tv show enthusiast will come out and rave about them. Why? Cos they are crap, period.

Awards don't mean shiit pal, the system is heavily rigged. It's the love and devotion of the fans that matter. Any credible television critic will tell you same.

Don't confuse popularity with quality dude. They ain't the same and can never be. Popularity is based on hype and Stranger things granted has that going for it at the moment. Quality wise, it's still far behind Netflix originals like Mindhunter, The Crown, Ozark and even HOC (season 1&2 at least).

And even in popularity it's not even numeruno. It's behind Chasing Cameron and 13 reasons why (another overrated crap).

Dude, you should redirect that statement to yourself. I believe in difference of opinion and all, but yours is meh. You strike me as quite the strawman in the world of tv series.

And what's with all these 80s nostalgia crap? Were you born in the United States and in the 70s to have remembered the 80s quite clearly and thus have a credible sense of nostalgia where Stranger Things is concerned? I get it when Americans say shiit like that, but hearing it from a Nigerian sounds pretentious as fucck!

Alaye make up your mind, for the fact that you don't like a show doesn't make it a crap, like I said above, I can't force you to like a show. The fact that I don't like Lionel Messi doesn't mean I should call him crap so get the difference.

A series that has a 9/10 popularity and bagged all those winnings and nominations from various notable awards with just it first season was rigged (a typical Nigerian will exhibit hatred for something he/she disagrees with) google is close to you, go read up what critics has to say about the show

A human with a functioning brain that read biographies, histories and watch movies should have an imaginary picture of what he read/watches which was what I had for Stranger things nostalgia and guess what critics has to say about that.

The show to me has a wonderful story line with good cinematographic job that was well done.

I do respect your opinion that you don't like the show (which has no weight on the show's current success) but please don't call it crap abeg

By the way, recommend some good shows for me, I intend to download tonight (i pray you don't disappoint me with your list)

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
Damn the shanara chronicles really upped their game in this season 2. I mean the first season was just bland and manageable but the second WOW is all I can say. A lot of improvement.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
harmbhrosz:
Alaye make up your mind, for the fact that you don't like a show doesn't make it a crap, like I said above, I can't force you to like a show. The fact that I don't like Lionel Messi doesn't mean I should call him crap so get the difference.
I can call any show or any player practically anything I want and still be pretty justified in what I said. Why? It's my own humble opinion. It's a free world. it may be an Unpopular Opinion but that's what makes it interesting, isn't it? It's my OWN HUMBLE OPINION. Get it? If I choose to criticize a stone, you have no right to tell me otherwise, because it's my right as a human to express myself anyway I choose within the boundaries of the common law. That said, Stranger Things is CRAP. Sue me.

harmbhrosz:

A series that has a 9/10 popularity and bagged all those winnings and nominations from various notable awards with just it first season was rigged (a typical Nigerian will exhibit hatred for something he/she disagrees with) google is close to you, go read up what critics has to say about the show
Here we go again with the mindless stats.. *Yawns*

harmbhrosz:

[s]A human with a functioning brain that read biographies, histories and watch movies should have an imaginary picture of what he read/watches which was what I had for Stranger things nostalgia and guess what critics has to say about that.[/s]
Okay, this absolutely makes no sense to me.

harmbhrosz:

The show to me has a wonderful story line with good cinematographic job that was well done.
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. It still doesn't take away the fact it has a..a certain kind of under 10 thing going for it I just couldn't get into. A proper children show, that one.

harmbhrosz:

I do respect your opinion that you don't like the show (which has no weight on the show's current success) but please don't call it crap abeg
You keep repeating yourself. You're beginning to sound like a broken record, mate.

harmbhrosz:

By the way, recommend some good shows for me, I intend to download tonight (i pray you don't disappoint me with your list)

Try,

Screen queens
Slasher
Pretty Little Liar
Super Girl
Shanara Chronicles
Teen Wolf
The Vampire Dairies
The Secret Circle

From your pristine taste in tv shows, I'm sure you would love these bunch of super heavyweights. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Treyknowles(m): 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
grin wicked
Bratking:

From your pristine taste in tv shows, I'm sure you would love these bunch of super heavyweights. Cheers.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Bratking:

Try,

Screen queens
Slasher
Pretty Little Liar
Super Girl
Shanara Chronicles
Teen Wolf
The Vampire Dairies
The Secret Circle

grin grin grin grin been long I laughed this hard
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by harmbhrosz(m): 9:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
Bratking:

I can call any show or any player practically anything I want and still be pretty justified in what I said. Why? It's my own humble opinion. It's a free world. it may be an Unpopular Opinion but that's what makes it interesting, isn't it? It's my OWN HUMBLE OPINION. Get it? If I choose to criticize a stone, you have no right to tell me otherwise, because it's my right as a human to express myself anyway I choose within the boundaries of the common law. That said, Stranger Things is CRAP. Sue me.

Here we go again with the mindless stats.. *Yawns*

Okay, this absolutely makes no sense to me.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. It still doesn't take away the fact it has a..a certain kind of under 10 thing going for it I just couldn't get into. A proper children show, that one.

You keep repeating yourself. You're beginning to sound like a broken record, mate.

Try,

Screen queens
Slasher
Pretty Little Liar
Super Girl
Shanara Chronicles
Teen Wolf
The Vampire Dairies
The Secret Circle

You can't call any show or any player whatever you like because you probably think the world revolves around your opinion, if you're right minded with a functioning Brain, then CRAP will not be used in place of Lionel Messi so gulp back you statement.

it's this simple and I repeat.....it is alright for you to dislike the show, but calling it a CRAP is the opposite of what majority and professionals globally thinks....hehehehe so what does that makes your with your weightless opinion?

Mindless stats you say? Am I beginning to see dumbness here or you just want to be mischievous?

Still trying to see the flaw from your few....oh you do said a proper kids show so it's definitely all about the kids. Stranger Things made me recall on the famous Home Alone sequels, I guess you'll call that a crap too. undecided

I don't even want you to like the show, but if you no be bad belle then you'll appreciate a good job.

With you reasoning one can as well call GOT a crappy show just because he/she doesn't like the show

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
sod09:
haven't too...it's Chinese though
Them no they fight for land na air or roof grin

abeg...I no do...gringrin

before I begin fly for night...gringrin

I no do oh...grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
emmm....come here...this two young men of zha millennial Generation

bratking and harmbhrosz

please, biko,ejoor....

no be all series be for everybody... e don do na....

abeg....grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
SAMBHOSS:

abeg...I no do...gringrin

before I begin fly for night...gringrin

I no do oh...grin
lmao grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Treyknowles(m): 10:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
SAMBHOSS:

bratking and harmbhrosz

please, biko,ejoor....

abeg....grin
E Never Do O,its just getting interesting!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Neimar: 11:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
I need erotic series apart from spartacus nd got

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by harmbhrosz(m): 7:51am On Nov 22, 2017
SAMBHOSS:

bratking and harmbhrosz

please, biko,ejoor....

abeg....grin
hahahahaha.....na play we dey o

And ofcoz no be every series go be for everybody, but that one no means say because you no like something u go come dey call am CRAP, na uncivilised way of reasoning be that, abi because you no like Messi you go call am CRAP player?

So as the Chairman of Stranger Things Association of Nigeria, if Mr Bratking refuses to withdraw his statement, I'll have no other choice than to sue him to the Court of law..... it's as simple as that angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by justpeehay(m): 8:00am On Nov 22, 2017
The guy is sthelse.
Keky:
Try Russell Peters
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by harmbhrosz(m): 8:02am On Nov 22, 2017
Treyknowles:
E Never Do O,its just getting interesting!
na so
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Androidking: 8:44am On Nov 22, 2017
Freciprocal:

I had to read your comments thrice, still cant understand where you coming from

I am only replying cos you had to quote me...

One who is able to catalogue movies from the 40's till date is a Movie Guru. He had movies from Charlie Chaplin to taxi, from sound of music to oliver twist, Detective Columbo to all the Bond movies ever made. I doubt you have even heard about the movies I listed above.

@ Bolded... It is sad and frustrating to be waiting weekly for O2tvseries to download you 75 mb series. Many guys here even stream episodes live and have yearly netflix subscriptions. I would advice you network with movie fanatics so u can @ least be copying 720p and 1080p movies.

I am so sure you have never seen more than a 8 GB flash drive to start with undecided

I have seen charlie captian .I have one of his films
I have seen taxi but in DVD .

Pls cataloguing d films doesn't matter .

In Nigeria here we buy pirated DVD that will have almost 10 in 1 .

The size of each DVD is about 3.5gig ...copying it to hard disk is not necessarily if I start saving all d movies , wrestling Indian movies, Chinese movies that I have seen in my life .it will also reach more than 3 terabit depending on d quality of the movie .

Kunfu panda I had is about 1.5 gig .... Just for one movie .

But with o2tvseries I can have about 20 episodes in d same 1.5gig ....

He might be a movie guru but most of us here don't store and we don't keep d records because der is no award for it ...

Back to d main point why I quote u earlier .

I meant that not all series worth ur time or money or megabit for u to wait until it start making sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Adolak(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.