Stats: 3,157,039 members, 7,832,499 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3544645 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (2826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by purplekayc(m): 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2018
cao:
Star Trek: Discovery.
how good ?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hayzed1090: 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
Olamyyde:

I can't believe u asked this question? shocked
Have u watched the good place?
The office?
South park?
Silicon valley?

Watched sillicon valley ... but nt close... will try the rest
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tapingil(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2018
The Good Fight ....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by michlins(m): 10:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
shoyemiayodeji:
The kind of series I'm looking for
Action with continued story line and not One episode, One problem kinda series. Ones (Action) with humour will be appreciated oo..... Please help.
someone should help
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iSage: 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2018
Mcmafia- am getting the Ozark feel but it's better than Ozark

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skeletonkey(m): 12:43am On Feb 13, 2018
I need a dark comedy to binge. help!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Slymonster(m): 12:48am On Feb 13, 2018
iSage:

Ozark is way dope bro than mcmafia
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 6:11am On Feb 13, 2018
iSage:

Brah...mcmafia doesnt come close to Ozark at all

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by alonso2214(m): 8:45am On Feb 13, 2018
altered carbon is too overrated and hype it took me 5days to watch....sci fi movies are not really my type....

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iSage: 10:18am On Feb 13, 2018
Slymonster:

Ozark is way dope bro than mcmafia

I like the 'city' setting in Mcmafia. Storyline is decent too.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
skeletonkey:
Check out preacher
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skeletonkey(m): 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
Kaziar:
Check out preacher
seen, but I like where you're coming from
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kanurii: 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
I think altered Carbon is low-budget. How can a super future with mad technology have poor infrastructure and some fuccked up slums and all the streets are dirty

Plus that black guys storyline is lame, how can he love his daughter so much and let her be a prostitute. itz lame

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2018
alonso2214:
altered carbon is too overrated and hype it took me 5days to watch....sci fi movies are not really my type....
me too. When ever i see sci fi in a movie description, I just lose interest.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
nonut:

You got to be kidding me.

This your quote is very true. Very true.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ufranklin92(m): 9:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
This guy won't kill me grin grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DEIFIED(m): 9:53pm On Feb 13, 2018
homeland is back....

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by alonso2214(m): 11:17pm On Feb 13, 2018
Kanurii:
I think altered Carbon is low-budget. How can a super future with mad technology have poor infrastructure and some fuccked up slums and all the streets are dirty

Plus that black guys storyline is lame, how can he love his daughter so much and let her be a prostitute. itz lame
is total nonsensical story line.... abeg any other actions series except brave...strikeback and others..

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by alonso2214(m): 11:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
isaiah9:
me too. When ever i see sci fi in a movie description, I just lose interest.
sci fi i no watch am again...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kanurii: 11:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
alonso2214:
is total nonsensical story line.... abeg any other actions series except brave...strikeback and others..
The punisher?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:13am On Feb 14, 2018
The Bold Type.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by edi287: 9:14am On Feb 14, 2018
Is there a black lightning thread around somewhere?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
Kanurii:

There are few things you need to understand. First, Altered Carbon was very expensive to make. Netflix pumped in a lot of money to make the effects as real as possible. The visuals is mesmerizing and didn't hold back. 2nd, the show was set in the 26 century... humans have colonized the universe and all, and even encountered ALIEN TECHS (you'll see more of these in season 2). 3rd, Altered Carbon took place on a very ANCIENT Earth. There is a decay that pervades everything, from infrastructural decay to moral ineptitude/decay. Only the extreme rich (the meths) can escape the squalor (f**ked up slums and dirty streets as you put it) and live above the clouds in in their palatial organic towers. 4th, people can choose to live forever, because of an invention called STACK , a little computer that is installed in a person's brain, on it a person’s consciousness is installed like software. The idea is even if you are killed, and the stack remains intact, you can simply be put inside a new body (sleeve) allowing you to live again. Bottom line, the world changed, and people's way of thinking along with it. Vernon (the black dude) did what he thought was best at the time.

Altered Carbon has it's flaws, but above all, it's a solid entertainment, from the impressive CGIs to the top quality fight scenes to character development. Don't get it twisted.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
skeletonkey:

- Get Shorty: It's very dark but has it's funny moments.

- Wrecked: Based loosely on Lost but way funnier... and darker.

- Search Party: One of the best shows of last year.

- The Detour
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
Finally bounced off glo, ported to MTN.

I mean how can a network lose data coverage for almost a week?

Anyways, Koice Suburaa doesn't seem to engage me. It has this rich spoilt brat theme to it, and too much macho macho all over the place and somewhat fast paced. There is something about Gomorrah that seems organic in comparison to Suburra.

So I watched one episode and lost interest to go further. Plus the english mouth sync made it more uninteresting.

That said, what series is boiling hot? Don't seem interested in that altered carbon.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
koice:

- Get Shorty: It's very dark but has it's funny moments.

- Wrecked: Based loosely on Lost but way funnier... and darker.

- Search Party: One of the best shows of last year.

- The Detour

Rotten tomatoes gave it a 98%ratings, will definitely check this out....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
alonso2214:

You are not the only one. I only tolerate them in movies. Series? No way....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
Gungnir:
Finally bounced off glo, ported to MTN.

I mean how can a network lose data coverage for almost a week?

Anyways, Koice Suburaa doesn't seem to engage me. It has this rich spoilt brat theme to it, and too much macho macho all over the place and somewhat fast paced. There is something about Gomorrah that seems organic in comparison to Suburra.

So I watched one episode and lost interest to go further. Plus the english mouth sync made it more uninteresting.

That said, what series is boiling hot? Don't seem interested in that altered carbon.

Already seen E01-03, I'm digging it so far. Yes, it has a lot of moving parts, but it's to be expected with such a large cast. The show kinda sucks you in... love the format of starting each episode with a short preview of the episode climax, leaves you wondering how on earth the situation would come about - sorta like the show, Flashpoint. Another thing I love about the show is how I can relate to some of the characters, esp Spadino.

A suggestion? Maybe, try watching it with an italian audio & English sub (like Gomorrah), it's more much more compelling that way.

Have you seen Berlin Station? It's pretty much like Homeland, but with an european flavor. It's very entertaining... at least, I found it entertaining. Strike is another show you might wanna give a spin. It's a slow burner, but very intelligently made. A mystery. For Sherlock fans, this show is an adequate replacement.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
koice:

Already seen E01-03, I'm digging it so far. Yes, it has a lot of moving parts, but it's to be expected with such a large cast. The show kinda sucks you in... love the format of starting each episode with a short preview of the episode climax, leaves you wondering how on earth the situation would come about - sorta like the show, Flashpoint. Another thing I love about the sho

I couldn't even connect with anything at all, just kept seeing dudes with gold chains mouthing off and middle aged men acting tough. I didn't even understand the whole plot in season one.

[quote ]A suggestion? Maybe, try watching it with an italian audio & English sub (like Gomorrah), it's more much more compelling that way. [/quote]

Will give this a try, perhaps that's where the disconnect is. I couldn't connect with any of the characters at all didn't even finish the episode one sef. I am shocked you know a characters name sef. Is this how you watch it?

Have you seen Berlin Station? It's pretty much like Homeland, but with an european flavor. It's very entertaining... at least, I found it entertaining. Strike is another show you might wanna give a spin. It's a slow burner, but very intelligently made. A mystery. For Sherlock fans, this show is an adequate replacement.

Will check that out...

Thanks!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
Gungnir:

Rotten tomatoes gave it a 98%ratings, will definitely check this out....

That show is something else, believe me. I didn't stop watching till I finish the whole thing in one go. Very addictive.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
koice:

That show is something else, believe me.

I don't doubt it at all with rotten tomatoes giving it such ratings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (2826) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)