Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (955) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3514867 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skeletonkey(m): 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
koice:

- Get Shorty: It's very dark but has it's funny moments.
- Wrecked: Based loosely on Lost but way funnier... and darker.
- Search Party: One of the best shows of last year.
- The Detour
thanks "get shorty" looks good

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
Gungnir:

I couldn't even connect with anything at all, just kept seeing dudes with gold chains mouthing off and middle aged men acting tough. I didn't even understand the whole plot in season one.
It's a power tussle between the catholic church, mafia, local criminals and politicians. A window into many strata of roman society.

I think part of your disconnect comes from the English dubbing. It's ruins the experience. I know this from watching Netflix' Dark. At first, I tried watching it in English, but couldn't get into it, because of the fakeness of the lip syncing, then, I downloaded a german audio version, and voila... the rest as they say is history.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
skeletonkey:
thanks "get shorty" looks good
It's really good.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
shoyemiayodeji:
The kind of series I'm looking for
Action with continued story line and not One episode, One problem kinda series. Ones (Action) with humour will be appreciated oo..... Please help.

Nobody?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
koice:
It's a power tussle between the catholic church, mafia, local criminals and politicians. A window into many strata of roman society.

I think part of your disconnect comes from the English dubbing. It's ruins the experience. I know this from watching Netflix' Dark. At first, I tried watching it in English, but couldn't get into it, because of the fakeness of the lip syncing, then, I downloaded a german audio version, and voila... the rest as they say is history.

I meant episode one...

Oh yeah....that explains it. Will give that a try. Where did.you download from?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skeletonkey(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
I was going to wait till about 3 or 4 episodes were out before I started Homeland, but I couldn't, so I went and bè and watched episode one, now I can't stand waiting to know what happens in the rest of the season. this season is sooo good.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skeletonkey(m): 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
shoyemiayodeji:

Nobody?
preacher
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skeletonkey(m): 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
koice:

true very true, tis the major reason I can never give telemumdo a chance
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
Gungnir:

I meant episode one...

Oh yeah....that explains it. Will give that a try. Where did.you download from?

I streamed EP01-03 on Kodi because I couldn't find it anywhere else. If you have Kodi installed on your PC, just install "Convenent" add-on. You can watch practically any television series and movies in any language using this add-on. But, your data must be substantial oh, for it streams in HD. I'm trying to work out how to tether the HTML to my IDM so that I can download shows and movies to watch later.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
koice:

I streamed EP01-03 on Kodi because I couldn't find it anywhere else. If you have Kodi installed on your PC, just install "Convenent" add-on. You can watch practically any television series and movies in any language using this add-on. But, your data must be substantial oh, for it streams in HD. I'm trying to work out how to tether the HTML to my IDM so that I can download shows and movies to watch later.

Oh that seems like it will consume some serious data. I guess I will just mute mine when watching it. Or see if it has the Italian language as audio in the options .

Thanks anyway.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
Gungnir:

Oh that seems like it will consume some serious data. I guess I will just mute mine when watching it. Or see if it has the Italian language as audio in the options .

Thanks anyway.

No worries.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 8:35pm On Feb 14, 2018
Well Macmafia was a thrill ride wink. I especially loved how it took cliche mafia themes and gave them its own unique spin, delivered in its own style with great performances from the actors most notably James Norton.
Ps::- Christopher meloni's performance in Happy is definitely worthy of recognition. He nailed it cool

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kanurii: 11:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
koice:

There are few things you need to understand. First, Altered Carbon was very expensive to make. Netflix pumped in a lot of money to make the effects as real as possible. The visuals is mesmerizing and didn't hold back. 2nd, the show was set in the 26 century... humans have colonized the universe and all, and even encountered ALIEN TECHS (you'll see more of these in season 2). 3rd, Altered Carbon took place on a very ANCIENT Earth. There is a decay that pervades everything, from infrastructural decay to moral ineptitude/decay. Only the extreme rich (the meths) can escape the squalor (f**ked up slums and dirty streets as you put it) and live above the clouds in in their palatial organic towers. 4th, people can choose to live forever, because of an invention called STACK , a little computer that is installed in a person's brain, on it a person’s consciousness is installed like software. The idea is even if you are killed, and the stack remains intact, you can simply be put inside a new body (sleeve) allowing you to live again. Bottom line, the world changed, and people's way of thinking along with it. Vernon (the black dude) did what he thought was best at the time.

Altered Carbon has it's flaws, but above all, it's a solid entertainment, from the impressive CGIs to the top quality fight scenes to character development. Don't get it twisted.

The MVP in the show is Quellcrest Falconer

Takeshi(both sleeves) really tried

But the Infrastructure tbh is poor , imagine a century with that technology, even the Bancroft mansion is not that technologically equipped

I started watching the show cos someone here said itz similar to Black Mirror

I feel the whole sci-fi tin cos I learned in Black Mirror that itz about how technology affects us in da future,and the Envoy/Quellcrest storyline is good
The detective storyline is also good

That black guys story was bad, and about the Slums, Takeshi is living in a technology advanced Hotel in which an AI operates it, I expected much better tech and the strees their are really dirty

That fightdrome storyline is whack. 26th Century and people are into fistfight?

The show to me is an average show 5/10

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 15, 2018
Kanurii:

The MVP in the show is Quellcrest Falconer

Takeshi(both sleeves) really tried

But the Infrastructure tbh is poor , imagine a century with that technology, even the Bancroft mansion is not that technologically equipped
Not that technologically equipped..? You didn't make any sense here. The man has an organic tower that is literally above the clouds, that grow trees and other vegetations on the outside, then on the inside, cultivate a huge living tree imported from Harlan's world (Tak's home planet). I don't know what other technology you're looking for, but for those with perception, that's a mind blowing science at it's peak. Just imagine a tower that can support life all on it's own, a conscious house. But somehow, you missed this... in your quest for flashy shiny gadgets, perhaps? Even the gravity tech manage to escape your flimsy attention to details. Remember the gravity fight??

Kanurii:

I started watching the show cos someone here said itz similar to Black Mirror

I feel the whole sci-fi tin cos I learned in Black Mirror that itz about how technology affects us in da future,and the Envoy/Quellcrest storyline is good
The detective storyline is also good
First, I would like to point out that this show is nothing like Black Mirror. It's based on a science fiction crime noir trilogy written by a british author. Altered Carbon is only but the first part of the Takeshi Kovac chronicle. 2nd, there is no Envoy/Quellcrist storyline. What you see spread evenly throughout the show is nothing but flashbacks. It tells us how Kovacs came about, why and how he became an Envoy. The backstory also revealed to us that it's Quellcrist that invented Stack - the brain computer that downloads consciousness. 3rd, there is no detective storyline. It's the main plot to begin with. All others are nothing but subplots.

Kanurii:

That black guys story was bad, and about the Slums, Takeshi is living in a technology advanced Hotel in which an AI operates it, I expected much better tech and the strees their are really dirty

You didn't make any sense here at all. I don't have any slightest idea what you are on about. AI (Artificial Intelligence) entities control a host of businesses around town. Just take a moment and process this. Something that isn't human but can have it's own thoughts, make it's own decisions, and most importantly, have human employees... the concept is mind blowing, but no, you haven't given this a thought at all as you would rather fixate on flashy techs and pristine streets. I honestly don't know what else you expect here mehn.

Kanurii:

That fightdrome storyline is whack. 26th Century and people are into fistfight?
Oh lawd... There is no fightdome storyline. And I don't know what else you expected from something clearly dubbed "FIGHTDOME". In a century where bodies are nothing but clothes to wear and discard, jacked-up fist fight with all kinds of barbaric weaponry thrown in make more sense than ever. 26 century and people are into fistfight...? Man is still a man at the core, and man primitive instincts will always take precedence when he's cornered. Let's all agree you don't understand sci-fi at all. It's okay not to... it's not for everyone.

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JAMESOJAY: 1:33am On Feb 15, 2018
HOW MUCH IS INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT IN NIGERIA 2018 ? ( COST & RENEWAL )

32 PAGES: The 32 pages type can be for different categories of people, with different charges. Price listed below

a. MINOR – A day old – 17 years #12,500
b. ADULT – 18 years – 59 years #19,500
c. ELDERLY 60 years and above #12,500
64 PAGES :– The official fee for 64 Pages is #24,500 for all category of applicants.

The Nigerian Immigration is collecting 30 thousand why?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 2:33am On Feb 15, 2018
koice:

Not that technologically equipped..? You didn't make any sense here. The man has an organic tower that is literally above the clouds, that grow trees and other vegetations on the outside, then on the inside, cultivate a huge living tree imported from Harlan's world (Tak's home planet). I don't know what other technology you're looking for, but for those with perception, that's a mind blowing science at it's peak. Just imagine a tower that can support life all on it's own, a conscious house. But somehow, you missed this... in your quest for flashy shiny gadgets, perhaps? Even the gravity tech manage to escape your flimsy attention to details. Remember the gravity fight??

First, I would like to point out that this show is nothing like Black Mirror. It's based on a science fiction crime noir trilogy written by a british author. Altered Carbon is only but the first part of the Takeshi Kovac chronicle. 2nd, there is no Envoy/Quellcrist storyline. What you see spread evenly throughout the show is nothing but flashbacks. It tells us how Kovacs came about, why and how he became an Envoy. The backstory also revealed to us that it's Quellcrist that invented Stack - the brain computer that downloads consciousness. 3rd, there is no detective storyline. It's the main plot to begin with. All others are nothing but subplots.

You didn't make any sense here at all. I don't have any slightest idea what you are on about. An AI (Artificial Intelligence) entities control a host of business around town. Just take a moment and process this. Something that isn't human but can have it's own thoughts, make it's own decisions, and most importantly, have human employees... the concept is mind blowing, but no, you haven't given this a thought at all as you are still fixated on flashy techs and pristine streets. I really don't know what else you expect here mehn.

Oh lawd... There is no fightdome storyline. And I don't know what else you expected from something clearly dubbed "FIGHTDOME". In a century where bodies are nothing but clothes to wear and discard, jacked-up fist fight with all kinds of barbaric weaponry thrown in make more sense than ever. 26 century and people are into fistfight...? Man is still a man at the core, and man primitive instincts will always take precedence when he's cornered. Let's just say you don't understand sci-fi at all. It's okay not to... it's not for everyone.

smiley This right here friends is called a fact based analysis. We should all try it sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LeiderJa: 3:20am On Feb 15, 2018
Dark
11/10.

This series will TWIST YOUR MIND.

I've received total mind-fück from series like Legion, American Gods but NONE comes close to Dark.

Constantly bursting brain from episode to episode.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 9:05am On Feb 15, 2018
koice don vex grin grin grin

the guy will still come to rubbish all your analysis

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
Search Party

Honestly, this is one very intriguing series, to.think that all that hullabaloo will end up in that manner? Crazy.....

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kanurii: 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
koice:

You didn't make any sense here at all. I don't have any slightest idea what you are on about. AI (Artificial Intelligence) entities control a host of businesses around town. Just take a moment and process this. Something that isn't human but can have it's own thoughts, make it's own decisions, and most importantly, have human employees... the concept is mind blowing, but no, you haven't given this a thought at all as you would rather fixate on flashy techs and pristine streets. I honestly don't know what else you expect here mehn.

Oh lawd... There is no fightdome storyline. And I don't know what else you expected from something clearly dubbed "FIGHTDOME". In a century where bodies are nothing but clothes to wear and discard, jacked-up fist fight with all kinds of barbaric weaponry thrown in make more sense than ever. 26 century and people are into fistfight...? Man is still a man at the core, and man primitive instincts will always take precedence when he's cornered. Let's all agree you don't understand sci-fi at all. It's okay not to... it's not for everyone.

Nice Fact-based analysis

It all comes down to your last sentence sha

We have different perception of sci-fi. That's it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kanurii: 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2018
Singapore1:

No

I believe him.

We have different perception of sci-fi.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LeiderJa: 2:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
Kanurii:

No

I believe him.

We have different perception of sci-fi.

But abeg which kind sci-fi perception you wan get wey Altered Carbon no satisfy?

That series is the complete sci-fi package.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2018
Kanurii:

Nice Fact-based analysis

It all comes down to your last sentence sha

We have different perception of sci-fi. That's it

If "different perception" is your way of saying you hate the genre, then, I wholeheartedly agreed.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
Gungnir:
Search Party

Honestly, this is one very intriguing series, to.think that all that hullabaloo will end up in that manner? Crazy.....
Lolz. It was kinda hilarious... in dark way. Dory thought she's on a noble mission, trying to do some good, find a missing girl... but guess what? Sh*t isn't what it looked like, at all. Sh*t escalated quickly. Dory f**ked up, big time.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2018
Singapore1:

Sci-fi can be pretty overwhelming to some people, and underwhelming to others... I think he belongs to both group. He's confused.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
McMafia

Very cliched, but in a good way. Loving it so far.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nihilist: 6:27pm On Feb 15, 2018
Altered Carbon
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2018
Nihilist:
Altered Carbon
Hello from Chelsea thread cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
koice:

Sci-fi can be pretty overwhelming to some people, and underwhelming to others... I think he belongs to both group. He's confused.

You can't really force it on someone, it's obvious he is not a fan of sci-fi series judging from his questions..
a sci-fi fan would have answer to all the questions he asked

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
altered carbon.....

superb......tho still in episode 7....

Kovacs na bastardgrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
LeiderJa:
Dark
11/10.

This series will TWIST YOUR MIND.

I've received total mind-fück from series like Legion, American Gods but NONE comes close to Dark.

Constantly bursting brain from episode to episode.

yeah yeah....glad it was renewed.....dark was lit

(1) (2) (3) ... (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.