Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3530147 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ashconsult12:

I started grown-ish last night, but I wasn't really impressed, not that it wasn't cool, but It didn't really keep my attention like black-ish did. Shows currently watching

Taboo
Mind hunters
Santa clarita's diet 2
The amazing Mrs Maine.

I'm a big comedy fan, so if you know any new comedy shows. Please refer.
Atlanta
The good place
Silicon valley
Nathan for you

Those are the funniest currently running shows
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
Olamyyde:

I thought I was the only one who loved this. Season 2 was boring tho.
I like the weirdness. I've also watched the short lived BBC series. It's a shame I've never read any of Douglas Adams' books.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blue3k(m): 11:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ashconsult12:

I started grown-ish last night, but I wasn't really impressed, not that it wasn't cool, but It didn't really keep my attention like black-ish did. Shows currently watching

Taboo
Mind hunters
Santa clarita's diet 2
The amazing Mrs Maine.

The Marvelous mrs. Maisel on Amazon is hilarious. You can binge it in a about 3-4 days. I did during holiday. The character dynamics is what makes show great. The plot is also pretty interesting.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 12:01am On Apr 02, 2018
cao:

I like the weirdness. I've also watched the short lived BBC series. It's a shame I've never read any of Douglas Adams' books.
There is a BBC version?
Are the actors different?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:05am On Apr 02, 2018
Olamyyde:

There is a BBC version?
Are the actors different?
Yup. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Gently_(TV_series)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 2:33am On Apr 02, 2018
cao:

Yeah, its weird but in a really good way. The story concept was also unique. I've been looking for some of his books too, tried a lot of bookshops but they are unfamiliar with his works. Hopefully, I'll get lucky.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 3:52am On Apr 02, 2018
introvertme:
Just watched episode 19 of HunterXhunter

Damn,it was just too hard to watch.
I haven't seen anything as troubling as that since the days of Full metal alchemist brotherhood.

These animes are wayyyyy more graphic than TV shows these days(E.g berserk )

You should see the really Graphic ones ✔️
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 02, 2018
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
The Defiant Ones.

Netflix is trying to kill me with content. They were not kidding about those 700 Netflix Originals coming out this year.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ashconsult12(m): 4:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
Olamyyde:

Atlanta
The good place
Silicon valley
Nathan for you

Thanks Bruh...already seen all these
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ashconsult12(m): 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
Olamyyde:

Atlanta
The good place
Silicon valley
Nathan for you

Thanks Bruh...already seen all these.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ashconsult12(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
Blue3k:

The Marvelous mrs. Maisel on Amazon is hilarious. You can binge it in a about 3-4 days. I did during holiday. The character dynamics is what makes show great. The plot is also pretty interesting.

Yes that's what I meant to type, marvelous not amazing... Thanks though.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ashconsult12:

Thanks Bruh...already seen all these.
What of the office and always sunny in Philadelphia?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2018
Kaziar:

Yeah, its weird but in a really good way. The story concept was also unique. I've been looking for some of his books too, tried a lot of bookshops but they are unfamiliar with his works. Hopefully, I'll get lucky.
I've got his hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy books, but still haven't read them. My friend's a big fan of his. Although, I've read his contemporary, Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels. Good kind of acquired weird. Best anthropomorphic personification of Death you're ever gonna get in fiction. Plus, he talks in small caps.

Anywho, watching Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency from season 1 again.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SerVik(m): 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
Dark. Mindfuckingly brilliant
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ashconsult12(m): 12:00am On Apr 03, 2018
Olamyyde:

What of the office and always sunny in Philadelphia?

I've always wanted to see always sunny in Philadelphia. But between me and my flatmates, trying to catch up with each other's new show, I felt like I've missed my chance... I'll try and get it though, and just sorta breeze through it, like I did archer. Cheers.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xarookqh(m): 12:46am On Apr 03, 2018
Ashconsult12:

Taboo
Mind hunters
Santa clarita's diet 2
The amazing Mrs Maine.

How good is Taboo??
For Comedy Shows, check:
Master of none
The Mayor
Silicon Valley
Veep
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 3:05am On Apr 03, 2018
cao:

I've got his hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy books, but still haven't read them. My friend's a big fan of his. Although, I've read his contemporary, Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels. Good kind of acquired weird. Best anthropomorphic personification of Death you're ever gonna get in fiction. Plus, he talks in small caps.

Anywho, watching Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency from season 1 again.
The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series:- wow, you should read it. Am told its possibly his best and most well known book series aside the Dirk gentlys holistic detective agency book series.
Funny, it was his non fiction book "last chance to see" that put him on my radar as a must read author. The only book of his in my possession is "The long dark tea time of the soul". I'm still searching for Dirk gentlys holistic detective agency (the first book in the series). And I've pretty much given up hope of finding the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.
Will check out Terry Pratchett's discworld novels, hopefully they're not as rare.

Ps:- A lot of people I've met, prefer the first season of Dirk gentlys holistic detective agency to the second season. I think its because the second season is paced slower than the first but both are enjoyable, still don't understand why it is yet to be picked up for a third season.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:06am On Apr 03, 2018
Well Kaziar, it actually got cancelled, so no third season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by henrydadon(m): 12:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
yall should go and watch sneaky pete the plot twist there is mad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blue3k(m): 2:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
Ashconsult12:

Yes that's what I meant to type, marvelous not amazing... Thanks though.

Have you tried Rick and Mortey. Its my one my favorite cartoons.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2018
The counterpart season finale was rubbish.
So Howard decided to help the assassin girl even gave her money. Quayle's wife goes free after all the massacre in his office and the persons who knew about her involvement killed. They also made the agents from Quayle's side look weak.
It's all bulls*it

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by aliondo: 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
koice:

For Gangster/drugs themed, try:
- The Sopranos
- Broadwalk Empire
- Peaky Blinders
- Narcos
- Sons Of Anarchy
- Gangland Undercover
- Breaking Bad
- Ozark
- Better Call Saul
- Graceland
- Gang Related
- Animal Kingdom
- Mcmafia
- Gomorrah
- Banshee
- Into The Badlands
- Legends
- Suburra: Blood On Rome
- Justified
- Riveira

For Prison themed, there's not a lot of that around. Since you've already seen 2 of the best, check out dem 4:
- Wentworth Prison
- Orange Is The New Black
- Bad Girls
- Prisoner

Still dont understand why this show was cancelled after one season...
One of my favorites..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
isaiah9:
The counterpart season finale was rubbish.
So Howard decided to help the assassin girl even gave her money. Gayle's wife goes free after all the massacre in his office and the persons who knew about her involvement killed. They also made the agents from Gayle's side look weak.
It's all bulls*it

You're right. It's a disappointing end to what was a somewhat strong season, even with the weak plot. Only two people - besides Howard - knew that Quayle's wife was the mole, now they're conveniently dead and a big part of next season will be about how long till he gets figured out. And killing Aldrich is stupid.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
Fear The Walking Dead Season 3

Currently on the 12th episode of season 3 and I gotta say, this show is so f**king good. It has finally found it's groove, after the pretty average seasons 1 & 2. I love how everything is feeling so grounded, and it's not just 'good guys vs cartoonish bad guys' but instead, just people looking out for their own interests.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
SerVik:
Dark. Mindfuckingly brilliant

Dark is a tangle of time-travel loops, wormholes, and mysterious characters. An utter mind-bender, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 1boylikevhis(m): 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2018
nani667:

You should see the really Graphic ones ✔️
Nothing will surpass Attack on Titans for me as far as gruesome animes are concerned.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by noob03saibot(m): 7:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
1boylikevhis:
Nothing will surpass Attack on Titans for me as far as gruesome animes are concerned.
attack on titan, Gruesome? Hell no.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2018
koice:

You're right. It's a disappointing end to what was a somewhat strong season, even with the poor plot. Only two people - besides Howard - knew that Quayle's wife was the mole, now they're conveniently dead and a big part of next season will be about how long till he gets figured out. And killing Aldrich is stupid.

Exactly why kill Aldrich? I was so disappointed

(1) (2) (3) ... (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.