Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (977) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3506263 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) ... (2815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 25, 2018
Joered63:

Good, another show to add to my list. Once it finished airing, I'll start downloading.
Waiting for counterpart to finish also

That's how I roll too. There certainly is more satisfaction in watching a show all at once and at your own pace. I do make an exception from time to time tho.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by EmmGee: 8:39am On Mar 25, 2018
i like seal team. eventhough there isn'ta lot of gunbattles. i feel like that's what really happens in military. unlike strike back. lol
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 25, 2018
How dope is the Mindhunter
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blue3k(m): 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2018
Grown-ish the black-ish spinoff. I like the later better but this actually a pretty good spin off. I can't relate even as a college student to their student life premise. I've never started popping aderals to get papers done or to study. Even partying became less interesting after highschool. It is funny but I think they might be over saturating the audience to charley character. He's best used conservatively like in black-ish.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 2:24am On Mar 26, 2018
YES YES YES. Billions just premiered. The wait is over. Not for me though, gonna be waiting for it to finish airing can't deal with the weekly updates. grin
Ps:-- still struggling with episodes of the latest season of strike back.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Coyotejack(m): 7:55am On Mar 26, 2018
Billions and silicon valley are back baybe whoooo
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by slaoslash: 8:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
me perso I am watching the serie gomorra c serie sue the mafia italian napl thanks to some apli streamin g managed to look at my smartphone smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
Silicon valley grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Coutinho14: 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
R2bees:
very dope , started slow but picked up pace as the show progressed, , , , , , its for people that love criminal psychology cool
R2bees:
very dope , started slow but picked up pace as the show progressed, , , , , , its for people that love criminal psychology
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 26, 2018
koice:
On My Block is pretty meh. Boring as f**k. Couldn't get one bleedin chuckle out of me.

Seriously? that show is good. Highlights the struggles of being a person of color living in bad neighborhood. Its not a laughing show.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:16am On Mar 27, 2018
R2bees:
It's a great psychological thriller. Be warned though, its a slow Burner.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 27, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Seriously? that show is good. Highlights the struggles of being a person of color living in bad neighborhood. Its not a laughing show.

Dude, it's a sitcom. Sitcoms can be documentary styled, have laugh tracks, single camera shot, but one thing they all have in common is they are hilarious in their own respective ways. Some sitcoms have over-the-top humor (Future Man), some have highbrow humor (Master Of None), some have Slapstick humor (Ash Vs Evil Death), some have toilet/adult humor (Veep), and some have very understated kind of humor. For example, Norsemen have a humor so dry that you would entirely miss it if you aren't paying attention.

Now let's circle back to On My Block. It's a coming of age sitcom that LIGHTHEARTEDLY tries to portray the social anxiety young minorities go through in rough neighborhoods in the United States. True to form, like all sitcoms, it employs a type of humor, but the thing is, the kind it employs just doesn't work for it. Adult highbrow humor hybrid (Atlanta) would have worked wonders for this show, instead they went with highbrow humor. Thing is highbrow is an acquired taste, and you need experience comedians to sell it, because it's very subtle. You need just the right facial expressionism, body language and well timed witty one liners to make it work. But, when practically all the main actors are newbies, and literally just cutting their acting teeth on the show, then it becomes apparent the show is going to be a sh*t show. The black one overperforms whilst the short latino underperforms. I don't even know what the one called Cesar is doing in the show, cuz he's completely irrelevant. Monse is the only bright spot (that kid has a bright future), but alas, lacks the depth and experience to carry the show all by her lonesome.

Bottom line, On My Block sucks. I don't get why people like this nonsense.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
koice:

Dude, it's a sitcom. Sitcoms can be documentary styled, have laugh tracks, single camera shot, but one thing they all have in common is they are hilarious in their own respective ways. Some sitcoms have over-the-top humor (Future Man), some have highbrow humor (Master Of None), some have Slapstick humor (Ash Vs Evil Death), some have toilet/adult humor (Veep), and some have very understated kind of humor. For example, Norsemen have a humor so dry that you would entirely miss it if you aren't paying attention.

Now let's circle back to On My Block. It's a coming of age sitcom that LIGHTHEARTEDLY tries to portray the social anxiety young minorities go through in rough neighborhoods in the United States. True to form, like all sitcoms, it employs a type of humor, but the thing is, the kind it employs just doesn't work for it. Adult highbrow humor hybrid (Atlanta) would have worked wonders for this show, instead they went with highbrow humor. Thing is highbrow is an acquired taste, and you need experience comedians to sell it, because it's very subtle. You need just the right facial expressionism, body language and well timed witty one liners to make it work. But, when practically all the main actors are newbies, and literally just cutting their acting teeth on the show, then it becomes apparent the show is going to be a sh*t show. The black one overperforms whilst the short latino underperforms. I don't even know what the one called Cesar is doing in the show, cuz he's completely irrelevant. Monse is the only bright spot (that kid has a bright future), but alas, lacks the depth and experience to carry the show all by her lonesome.

Well, different things for different folks.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
Finally finished strike back. Geez, what were they thinking? The only breath of fresh air was Mike and Damien's cameo appearance in episodes 9 and 10. Too many new elements introduced too fast nearly killed the show. Honestly, if its renewed for another season and nothing changes, I'll be done with the show. This is simply the worst season of the series. If they were attempting a successful transition like that of Richard armitage's strike back into the buddy type of strike back fans came to love, then they failed.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CrystalTiger(m): 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2018
Please nobody should fall for that scam called STRIKE...Only two episodes and it was shit anyways..

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2018
CrystalTiger:
Please nobody should fall for that scam called STRIKE...Only two episodes and it was shit anyways..

Nope nope nope. You can't simply skip season 1 & 2 and jump right in on season 3 and expect a mystery show to make sense to you. It's not possible na. You need to watch Cuckoo's Calling (that's season 1) and The Silkworm (Season 2) for some context. The show is based on a murder mystery novel series by J.K Rowling and chronicles the life of former british special forces soldier that had to earn a living as a private investigator in London after losing one of his legs on a peace keeping mission in the middle east. His name is Cormoran Strike. Career Of Evil, the one you just watched is the Season 3.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2018
koice:

Okay On my block is not a sitcom ffs. Will and Grace, and two and half men are sitcoms. on my block is a dramedy television series. so it did it jib pretty well. know before you right.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Okay On my block is not a sitcom ffs. Will and Grace, and two and half men are sitcoms. on my block is a dramedy television series. so it did it jib pretty well. know before you right write.

Dude, it's a sitcom, alright. Do you even know what is a dramedy? It's a drama fused with comedy, in other words, it's a drama that doesn't take itself too seriously. The common theme in dramedies is the prevalence of dark humor - situations that are f**ked up but still funny as hell. Orange Is The New Black is a dramedy, Weeds is a dramedy, Shameless is a dramedy, Get Shorty is a dramedy. Even Suits is a dramedy. I've analyse On My Block as best as I could and I gotta tell you, that sh*t is not a drama at all. Only comedy. I know that visiting their wiki page and seeing a dramedy suddenly gave you the empowerment to come here to quote ffs at me, but guess what, you're wrong. It's not a dramedy. It's an error in classification, and soon enough, someone is gonna rectify that.

Something tells me you don't even know what sitcom means. Sitcom is short for "situational comedy". Another name for tv comedies is sitcom. Basically every show that is humorous and is produced to make people laugh and tend to run for half an hour (30 mins) is a sitcom. Sitcoms come in different forms. It can have a laugh track (Big Bang Theory), it can be procedural (Angie Tribeca), it can be serialized (Silicon Valley), It can be a mockumentary (American Vandals), It be shot on single camera (The Detour), etcetera.

IMDb knows what'sup.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2018
koice:

Dude, it's a sitcom, alright. Do you even know what is a dramedy? It's a drama fused with comedy, in other words, it's a drama that doesn't take itself too seriously. The common theme in dramedies is the prevalence of dark humor - situation that is f**ked up but still funny as hell. Orange Is The New Black is a dramedy, Weeds is a dramedy, Shameless is a dramedy, Get Shorty is a dramedy. Even Suits is a dramedy. I've analyse On My Block as best as I could and I gotta tell you, that sh*t is not a drama at all. Only comedy. I know that visiting their wiki page and seeing a dramedy suddenly gave you the empowerment to come here to quote ffs at me, but guess what, you're wrong. It's not a dramedy. It's an error in classification, and soon enough, someone is gonna rectify that.

Something tells me you don't even know what sitcom means. Sitcom is short for "situational comedy". Another name for tv comedies is sitcom. Basically every show that is humorous and is produced to make people laugh and tend to run for half an hour (30 mins) is a sitcom. Sitcoms come in different forms. It can have a laugh track (Big Bang Theory), it can be procedural (Angie Tribeca), it can be serialized (Silicon Valley), It can be a mockumentary (American Vandals), It be shot on single camera (The Detour), etcetera.

IMDb knows what'sup.

My dear even IMDb didnt write sitcom there. Your long epistle is to justify yourself. On my block is not a sitcom oooooo. Abeg someone should help us here oo
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
Arondizuogu:

My dear even IMDb didnt write sitcom there. Your long epistle is to justify yourself. On my block is not a sitcom oooooo. Abeg someone should help us here oo

Bro, I'm not trying to convince you, I'm just giving you the facts. It's up to you to continue to wallow in dark waters of ignominy or take correction. I'm done.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
koice:

Bro, I'm not trying to convince you, I'm just giving you the facts. It's up to you to continue to wallow in dark waters of ignominy or take correction. I'm done.

Your big grammar dont move me a bit. TV show conedies abd sitcoms are very different stuff. A tv series can have comedy and not be a sitcom just like on my block.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by biggboy(m): 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2018
Kaziar:
Finally finished strike back. Geez, what were they thinking? The only breath of fresh air was Mike and Damien's cameo appearance in episodes 9 and 10. Too many new elements introduced too fast nearly killed the show. Honestly, if its renewed for another season and nothing changes, I'll be done with the show. This is simply the worst season of the series. If they were attempting a successful transition like that of Richard armitage's strike back into the buddy type of strike back fans came to love, then they failed.
I concur bro! How can the producer air the show without Scot and mikky? The last season was poo...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nigerianwriters: 10:05pm On Mar 27, 2018
Please guys check this out.

[flash=800,800]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3OOj9y3eDM[/flash]
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by roqrules04(m): 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
SnowFall
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
yeah, for strike back fans Cinemax has just renewed the show for a season 7. Hopefully, it will be miles better than the previous season cause a lot of fans are just not feeling the rebooted series.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 10:49am On Mar 28, 2018
Billion lit lit...
Those guys can use words damn..

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 10:56am On Mar 28, 2018
EmmGee:
i like seal team. eventhough there isn'ta lot of gunbattles. i feel like that's what really happens in military. unlike strike back. lol
you're so right. Seal team looks more realistic than the rest.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 11:09am On Mar 28, 2018
Homeland S04 and S05

10/10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dalek(m): 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2018
My fav show is almost here.....

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Oluwadare316(m): 4:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
Oluwadare316:
pls I need name of website to download Korea tv drama. I want to download best couple and other Korean tv drama. sojuopa dot net is not going
. me too I need this
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Oluwadare316(m): 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
frenzyduchess:
alright ,thanks alot
. pls which of this series makes sense and very interesting

(1) (2) (3) ... (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) ... (2815) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Greatdesi(m), TookDownYourMum

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57