Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,674 members, 7,851,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:32 PM

Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects (12007 Views)

Police, NDLEA Bicker Over Confessional Video Of Suspects Arrested With Abba Kyar / Violent Clashes: Lagos Bans NURTW, Places RRS On Alert / Parading Of Suspects By Police Could Be Banned In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by femimailbox(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2021
Good development!
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
femlad97:
This is bad.....its will favour police the more....if police arrest you as a suspect in process of parading before media human right activists/eye witness may testify ur innocent....but when public don't know you are in police captivity.......omo OYO
NBA filled with corrupt criminals & rats. Hypocrites, same people that said Governors shouldn’t sign death warrants, but hypocrites come back to criticize the government for granting amnesty to repentant Miscreants, what do these band of criminal lawyers want?
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
femimailbox:
Good development!
A police station in any state is Federal Government purview, no state law has jurisdiction there.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by RedEnergy: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Ok they should stop parading suspected Herdsmen & Boko Haram members? Same hypocrites will shout tomorrow that President Buhari is trying to hide their identity? Nigerian lawyers are corrupt rodents, no different from their so called political class of bandits. Evans the Billion Kidnapper even took the Federal Government to an Appeals Court, I guess it was a medical doctor that was handling the case for him? NBA association of corrupt criminals & thieves.
Have they ever paraded herdsmen and bandits before?
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by matm: 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
criminal suspects should be paraded for all to see,so that if any is released illegally,the community and the people following the case will raise alarm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Billionairebarb(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lagos always blazing the trail
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2021
Terrence99:

You have a state of origin, take this beautiful advice to them there let them too do something. You can't all be useless in your state and only exist to criticise Lagos.
I was going to give this exact reply, but I knew someone would have done the job. Thank you grin
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Zainabthegirl1(f): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2021
That’d be nice
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by moneyissweet(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2021
Billionairebarb:
Lagos always blazing the trail
I am till waiting patiently for the parading of the lion of bourdillon for looting & emptying the Lagos State Treasury & also the parading of the top men who ordered the killing of the Endsars protesters in Lekki.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by BeardedMeat(m): 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2021
Terrence99:

You have a state of origin, take this beautiful advice to them there let them too do something. You can't all be useless in your state and only exist to criticise Lagos.
You need help before it's too late.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Terrence99: 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2021
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by BeardedMeat(m): 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2021
Are these laws not already in place in the Nigerian constitution?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Terrence99:

How is that the business of a Talibandit from Arewa
I am in Victoria Garden City Lagos State, I could jog from my house to The Vice President’s House in max 15 minutes, actually I jogged past his house 5 am yesterday getting my early morning work out. Mumu.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Tinubuadvocate: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Do you know the meaning of parade do you even read the content it's there anyone possess firearms can paraded. You are calling terrorist caught with firearms a suspect. This is why I support the people that calling for separation because you north are full of shit.
Buckeyemedia1:
Ok they should stop parading suspected Herdsmen & Boko Haram members? Same hypocrites will shout tomorrow that President Buhari is trying to hide their identity? Nigerian lawyers are corrupt rodents, no different from their so called political class of bandits. Evans the Billion Kidnapper even took the Federal Government to an Appeals Court, I guess it was a medical doctor that was handling the case for him? NBA association of corrupt criminals & thieves.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Terrence99: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
I am in Victoria Garden City Lagos State, I could jog from my house to The Vice President’s House in max 15 minutes, actually I jogged past his house 5 am yesterday morning. Mumu.

Jog indeed. Talibandit wey dey steal about. Better don't let them catch you there. You are a security risk.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Do you know the meaning of parade do you even read the content it's there anyone possess firearms can paraded. You are calling terrorist caught with firearms a suspect. This is why I support the people that calling for separation because you north are full of shit.
Mumu everyone is innocent before the law, until you are convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction. Isn’t Mazi Kanu an accused Terrorist, has he been convicted.

Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Fulla(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
This is a fantastic step if implemented truly. I hope other states follow suit and the police force abide with the according. Kudos to those that raised this motion and followed suit to this stage.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
Terrence99:

Jog indeed. Talibandit wey dey steal about. Better don't let them catch you there. You are a security risk.
grin grin grin, I know, die in your penury.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
Fulla:
This is a fantastic step if implemented truly. I hope other states follow suit and the police force abide with the according. Kudos to those that raised this motion and followed suit to this stage.
Police is subject to Federal law, & can never succumb to a state law, it is null & void ab initio & of no effect whatsoever. This law is only applicable to maybe Amoekun, Lastma & co.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by AmazingELixir: 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
lipsrsealed

Didn't know state law is binding on NPF...the quoted is more like the Lawless law enforcement agency we've come to know

" Muyiwa Adejobi, the police spokesperson told PREMIUM TIMES he is not aware of the bill.

“I’m not aware of it, I’m not in the know,” he responded. In a recent parade by the Lagos state police, the suspects were paraded with their faces facing the wall and only their backs facing the camera. This is seen as a ploy to circumvent the new law
."
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Fulla(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
A criminal suspect is till a suspect until there are sufficient evidence to nail him/her. You parade criminal when there are sufficient evidence that they commited a crime or partake in it. Stop giving the police the go-ahead to put laws into their hands.
matm:
criminal suspects should be paraded for all to see,so that if any is released illegally,the community and the people following the case will raise alarm.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
Fulla:
A criminal suspect is till a suspect until there are sufficient evidence to nail him/her. You parade criminal when there are sufficient evidence that they commited a crime or partake in it. Stop giving the police the go-ahead to put laws into their hands.
When a person is a suspect in the Western Hemisphere & his mugshot is taken, isn’t it released to the public?

Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Fulla(m): 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
You are right. I hope this is looking into in the federal level and addressed on time because a lot of people are behind bars for petty things that they shouldn't be arrested for in the first case and are yet to get out of it.
Buckeyemedia1:
Police is subject to Federal law, & can never succumb to a state law, it is null & void ab initio & of no effect whatsoever. This law is only applicable to maybe Amoekun, Lastma & co.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Fulla(m): 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
I'm sure you know it's not really same here. Have you ever been to the station to bail someone and hear the experience of others that are randomly picked for nothing and the next thing they are paraded as hardened criminals?
Buckeyemedia1:
When a person is a suspect in the Western Hemisphere & his mugshot is taken, isn’t it released to the public?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Seun(m): 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
I support this because many of them are innocent people. The police arrests people indiscriminately sometimes. Some boys were paraded as Yahoo boys because they were at a hotel and their phone batteries were dead when the police wanted to check their phones. They were not allowed to charge their phones. Once you are in the station they won't let you go until money is paid or a good lawyer convinces them. A mother was paraded as a looter during EndSARS because she went out to buy food during the curfew.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
Fulla:
I'm sure you know it's not really same here. Have you ever been to the station to bail someone and hear the experience of others that are randomly picked for nothing and the next thing they are paraded as hardened criminals?
Who are you blaming, the people in the police stations are you any different from them, are they not your kinsmen? Fela coined it power show. Injustice everywhere, brother on brother.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by NaBanga: 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2021
If Nigeria wants to change the way the black man is seen, they have to start changing the way the black man is presented in the media. It's a good step in the right direction.
Re: Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects by Buckeyemedia1: 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2021
Seun:
I support this because many of them are innocent people. The police arrests people indiscriminately sometimes. Some boys were paraded as Yahoo boys because they were at a hotel and their phone batteries were dead when the police wanted to check their phones. They were not allowed to charge their phones. Once you are in the station they won't let you go until money is paid or a good lawyer convinces them. A mother was paraded as a looter during EndSARS because she went out to buy food during the curfew.
What of paraded Kidnappers, bandits & suspected Herdsmen, are most of them innocent? Same hypocrites crying now saying we support Lagos State, are the same hypocrites that will claim tomorrow if it was AG Malami that made this statement, we would have heard the massive public crocodile tears outcry that The President is trying to shield his people. Hypocrites everywhere in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: APC Can’t Clear PDP’s 16-Year Rot In Four Years / PAP: The Task Ahead Of General Barry Tariye Ndiomu / INEC To Ban Phones During Osun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.