Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota (33969 Views)

Angry Youths Protest Bad Roads In Sango Ota, Ogun State / Bad Road In Sango, Ogun State: Is Your Local Government Chairman Working? / #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Snitch24(m): 2:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Who you want make him read all these?

Lmao
Bro
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by DoggoneDogg: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
[s]
Lilsameey:
,...Nah lie bruh,...if you even said, there are many Afonja yahoo boys in Sango, I woukd have agreed with you, even vulcanizers don dey do yahoo now,...no talk shit,...by the way do you stay in Sango?
[/s]

I don't live in Afonja strongholds due to my allergy to dirtiness.

1 Like

Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by MYGRATEskillz(m): 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
Old oshodi is fast making a return back to oshodi.
The best oshodi was fashola's oshodi
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Onepeople: 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
theInterpreter:
[s] just google ARIARIA INTERNATIONAL MARKET grin
fools everywhere

the same Sango ota your brothers sell expired gala in their sweaty singlets
lol
I saw them(eboe landlords)
I saw them selling fake steering wheel covers without slippers right in the middle of the bad road grin
fools everywheregrin
that is not igbo, learn this and know peace, go to any igbo thread you see him there abusing the igbos, same thing with yoruba thread, he will always abuse the west, is their here to create division.
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by AuroraB(f): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:

https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/cityfile/old-oshodi-reincarnating-in-sango-ota/
When did you take this picture
Cos I passed there this morning and it's worse than Golgotha undecided
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Ikpeyi: 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2021
Dapo should do something...

Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023...
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by lexy2014: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:

https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/cityfile/old-oshodi-reincarnating-in-sango-ota/

half of an entire road is usually taken over by road side traders
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Ishilove: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
post=105061987:

Excuse us ma, with all due respect �,
What is ogbeni?
Is that a bad word or good one?
Please, kindly clarify.
Thanks in addy.
It means 'Mr Man'
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Lokomoney: 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
anigbajumo:
I know people will say the road is federal road but dapo is most useless Government in South West. Lagos State Government has actually done some palliative measures on their part but ogun State section is too bad . As a truck/trailer driver, it's a must for me to arrange like 10k to give those area boys or else they will demage ur motor and the funniest part is that police go dey look at u in broad daylight and won't do anything infact soldiers are always their from 8pm in the night to collect money as well. From Ajegule down to sango bridge u will be paying agbero money which might end up to 10_15k, the biggest advantage to them is bad road network and the security forces are helpless. If you now move down to agbado crossing to Abule or ijoko road then to Lambe and see wat people are passing through no one should tell dapo to forget about second term coz if he enter it means ogun state is filled with animals not human being, he knows nothing about Government.
I'm currently in abule ijoko, I swear everything about that area is bullshit...ogun state is a dead area

1 Like

Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by OmoEpe(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

JSS2. He is Emeka, the...

Illiterate.

Never knew capital letters are preceded by a comma sign

Village headmaster
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by faithfull18(f): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
True, ota is too crowded.
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by kjhova(m): 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
Dear @OmoOgunOriginal,

A few quick corrections, additions and clarification as this thread is so dear to me:

1) Ota is NOT Sango-Ota!
The name of our proudly Awori cradle is Ota. It is not Otta and it is definitely not Sango-Ota or Sango Ota! This correction cannot be overemphasized. A pre-colonial settlement of Zango (Hausa word for Camp) was granted by the Olota to Northern traders, in the outskirts, to settle and sell their produce (cattle, leather wear, handcrafts etc.). This precinct became notoriously popular with non-residents of Ota when the new federal highway, Lagos-Abeokuta Exp. Way, replaced the old Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta road and landed a major bus stop at the Zango settlement. By the end of the 1990s, when the population of new settlers permanently eclipsed that of the indigenes and old-settlers, the corruption of Zango with Ota into a non-existent town of Sango-Ota was complete and today assumed as correct by most. This has to stop, for good!

2) The Challenge is Beyond Ota!

All border towns in the Ogun State end of the Lagos-Ogun border are suffering from infrastructure collapse. If one is transported blindfolded to Ifo, Ota, Odeda, Water side, Agbara etc and then released, you could tell what side is Lagos and which is Ogun just by contrasting the roads, gutters, signposts, bus stops and markets around you. It is that bad with Ogun State and this degradation became exponential from around 1999!

Traditionally, Lagos has been richer than Ogun and so the infrastructure has been better. However, from 1999 onwards, a combo of better governance, population exchange etc has worsened the infrastructure deficit. Ota grew from population of 320,000 in 1999 to over 1.5million residents today (estimates). Subsequent Ogun State administrations have spent more budgetary allocations on Abeokuta and Ijebu territories than the border communities. The result is the crass neglect we see today.

3) Ota Should Have Been in Lagos
The current dilapidated state of Ota is traceable to the faulty state creation processes of 1966 and 1975! Traditional Awori territory span modern Ota all the way to Ebute Meta, yet the "Berlin Conference" type of state creation cut the Awori capital city of Ota into Ogun State as a mere border township while the bulk of Awori land became parts of Lagos state. This wrongful delineation reduced Aworis to minorities in Ogun State and Ota to a minor town status in the state. Today, in both Lagos and Ogun, Awori indigenes are now roughly less than 30% of the population of their own lands! 1975 thus marked the beginning of the loss of Awori culture and identity till today. By extension, physically demonstrated by the collapse of infrastructure since then! The Lagos-Abeokuta Exp. Way, Idi-Iroko Highway, Industrial Estate, GRA etc that were envisioned to drive industrialization of Ota are now all dead and almost unknown and unrecognizable to new settlers and visitors!

4) Ota Need Federal Help
The OBJ presidency was a disaster for Ota, despite that the president was a long term resident of the town. He never moved back there after his presidency and this tells me a lot! He started the expressway repair contract which led to the total destruction of the Lag/Abk expressway and till today, 19yrs later, this road is yet to be completed and is today worse than it was in 2002! Ota needs funding to fix the 3 major roads that connect it to Lagos through Abule Egba, Ijoko and Lusada and to build new connect routes. Same funding is required to repair roads to Abeokuta and Idi-Iroko and to develop new ones. Above federal funding, what Ota and Ogun State need the most is federal oversight as the state governments can't seem to sort out project monitoring!

This town was meant to be like Lens in France or Eindhoven in the Netherlands but today is like Haiti's Port o' Prince!!! The failure of Ota is a micro-naration of the story of Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by samnaija: 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

I don't see you talking about your people's dirty lifestyle like you did on the Kanu Nwankwo thread.

The growth of Igbos is a source of pain for you Afonjas because you know deep down that you can never matc

..............................................................................................
Yesterday, your self acclaimed billionaire, Davido & his sister went to pay homage to the same Obi Cubana your people were attacking last month.

We now know it was out of envy.
Tufuakwa for Afonja!!

I hope you know davidos late mum was ibo
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Nisiw366: 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
samnaija:

I hope you know davidos late mum was ibo
His mum is Edo not Igbo stop lying
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by thebar: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2021
aikyg:
I think Onitsha market is the new Oshodi. It's even crazier than the old Oshodi!

Comparing market to bustop/road ?

1 Like

Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Lilsameey: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

I don't live in Afonja strongholds due to my allergy to dirtiness.
,...So where do you live?
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by mkoabiola: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
Very noisy and dirty area...

I spent 30 mins area jus under d bridge
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by DoggoneDogg: 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2021
OmoEpe:

Never knew capital letters are preceded by a comma sign

Village headmaster

There's no comma before He. That's a full stop, illiterate.
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
The worst thing is Ogun state is a twin sister to Abia state. They're cursed with bad, greedy, unambitious, unprogressive leadership. Trust me, that Sango can only get worse.
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by OmoEpe(m): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

There's no comma before He. That's a full stop, illiterate.

Take permission from Emeka to allow you to for eye test when your okirika customers reduces tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ishilove:

It means 'Mr Man'
Alright.

That is not our Title @[color=#006600][/color] tho,
But, still saying Thanks ma.
Have a blessed Week ahead.
Stay Blessed!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by DoggoneDogg: 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
[s]
OmoEpe:

Take permission from Emeka to allow you to for eye test when your okirika customers reduces tomorrow
[/s]

Exposed Afonja illiterate wey dey claim education. grin

Go back to JSS1 cuz Emeka is better than you right now.

Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by OmoEpe(m): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Exposed Afonja illiterate wey dey claim education. grin

Go back to JSS1 cuz Emeka is better than you right now.

Of course he's better than me to you because he's teaching you okirika business which will be your lifelong profession.

I on the other hand won't ever buy okirika for my kids.

So you win.
Congratulations
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by babasolution: 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
saphiere:
The Future is female

You are a spell caster.this is witchcraft
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Beninwitch: 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
So after writing that epistle, it one miserable tiny picture you could add to the article. Haven't you heard that a picture speaks a thousand words?
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Okoroawusa: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ishilove:

Okoro, don't be averse to knowledge. cheesy
My dear, wahala be like g-string...e no dey cover yansh finish
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Who you want make him read all these?

LOL
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by SmokedWhiskey: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2021
Overcrowding, unregulated migration and population explosion is killing and destroying the SW; its not sustainable neither is it fair for SWestern states to continue to carry the burden of immigrants from other states, while those immigrants leave the governors of their home states unchallenged, unaccountable, to continue to live large on their monthly allocation - they seem more interested in Tinubu than the performance of their own governors, big fools; It’s high time the SW governors wake up and begin to demand for population control measures to be put in place.

1 Like

Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
khadaffi:
The truth is that the problem of Ogun state is beyond just Sango ota alone. The entire market in Ogun is just in a hopeless state. The roads are even worse off. I just hope they will have a people governor soon enough. First thing is have a good road then clear the markets etc like that.

You mean Ogun State has not been having good governors? Las las, you all would be voting magicians into the govt offices.

Easier said than done.
Re: Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota by EmekaA125(m): 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
saphiere:
Happy Sunday
Future is Female(our sexual relaxer) grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Pays Condolence Visit To Nasarawa Over Airstrike, Death Of Governor Son / Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West / Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.