Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

What Is Wrong With The Italian Embassy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With The Italian Embassy (681 Views)

What's Wrong With This PDP Weird ‘Ojuju Calabar’ Newspaper Adverts? (Pic) / What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Massive Security At US Embassy In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With The Italian Embassy by daroz(m): 9:04am On May 20, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont really understand how this Italian Embassy operate. My younger brother submitted his lavoro(work permit) Visa application form, along with his passport since on the 23rd of september, 2010. My mum also submitted her family reunion visa application form/passport sometime in january this year. On each occasion, they where asked to start checking from 2weeks time. But up till this very moment, non of the visa/passport is ready for collection. We call almost on daily basis, they will always ask us to call the next day or the day after. Recently, they gave us a link through which we can track the applications, it saved us the stress of calling, but the issue is still not solved. Does it actually take this long to get a visa from the italian embassy? Can someone pls enlighten me on what is going on and advice me on what to do?
Re: What Is Wrong With The Italian Embassy by prints(m): 10:14am On May 20, 2011
I dont know about Italian immigration laws but here in Norway it takes about 6 months to 1 yr if you are trying to get a work permit. However, for foreign skilled workers and their spouses and kids it could come down to 2 to 3 months. Like you said, ur family members are seeking for a permit and not a visa and that may take very long to process indeed.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Italian Embassy by juman(m): 10:54am On May 20, 2011
daroz:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont really understand how this Italian Embassy operate. My younger brother submitted his lavoro(work permit) Visa application form, along with his passport since on the 23rd of september, 2010. My mum also submitted her family reunion visa application form/passport sometime in january this year. On each occasion, they where asked to start checking from 2weeks time. But up till this very moment, non of the visa/passport is ready for collection. We call almost on daily basis, they will always ask us to call the next day or the day after. Recently, they gave us a link through which we can track the applications, it saved us the stress of calling, but the issue is still not solved. Does it actually take this long to get a visa from the italian embassy? Can someone pls enlighten me on what is going on and advice me on what to do?

In some countries it takes long time like up to 1 year as stated like that of Norway. Be patient.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Italian Embassy by unipol(m): 11:09am On May 20, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Policeman rapes, impregnates 12-yr-old / Should Nairaland Hand Over Details Of Users If F.G Demands? / Corruption In Government: Nigerians Should Never Complain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.