Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish (26235 Views)

Ifeanyi Okeke, AutoEase CEO, Murdered In Enugu In Front Of His 7-Year-Old Son / Pastor Daniel Udoh Arrested For Raping His 7-Year-Old Daughter In Cross River / Yahoo Boy Caught Using His 7-Year-Old Nephew For Rituals In Lagos. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by Businesslist: 6:49am On Aug 24, 2021
An artisan, Saviour Aniefok, has allegedly tortured his seven-year-old son, Nathaniel, to death at his residence at Amen Compound, in the Shangisha area of Magodo Phase 2, Lagos State.

Saviour, who is said to be on the run, reportedly tortured the victim on the allegation that he stole a piece of fish belonging to one of his customers.

It was learnt that the customer requested the deceased father’s services in repairing a faulty microwave.

The customer was said to have given Saviour a piece of fish to test the microwave after it was repaired.

While delivering the repaired microwave to the customer, Saviour reportedly forgot the fish at his shop.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Saviour took the fish home for preservation and eventual delivery to the customer when he returned to his shop.

When our correspondent visited his residence in Shangisha on Monday, residents, including neighbours, said they heard Nathaniel writhing in pain when his father was beating him.

One of the neighbours stated that Saviour was fond of torturing Nathaniel and his brother, Charles.

The neighbour said, “I still saw Nathaniel on Sunday afternoon. In fact, I gave him snacks to eat.

“Around 10pm, we started to hear Nathaniel shouting and crying for help; we also heard loud bangs on the floor and wall indicating that he was being beaten.

“As he was crying, Saviour was telling him to shut up. I personally thought their stepmother was at home to caution him. But later, we got to know she had travelled. Surprisingly, I heard Nathaniel died the following day.”

Another neighbour said the father facilitated Nathaniel’s burial the following day, adding that he went into hiding and took Charles along to conceal the crime.

“I was told his father said he was sick; someone that I saw playing in the compound. The injuries he sustained during the torture must have been responsible for his death.

“We only saw Saviour on two separate occasions after his son died. We have also not seen the stepmother of the children.

“We learnt that the police have arrested his brother but we don’t know if Saviour has been arrested. I have seen him torturing one of the boys to the point of carrying the boy up and slamming him to the ground,” the neighbour said.

Another neighbour said he saw Saviour and three other persons attempting to convey Nathaniel to a location in the state around 4am.

He said, “I saw Nathaniel lying naked in the back seat of Saviour’s car. I observed that a pain relief substance had been used to massage his body because I smelt it. I was on my way to work when I saw them.”

PUNCH Metro gathered that some good Samaritans contacted the Child Protection Unit of the Lagos State Ministry of Youth and Social Development, which informed the Isheri Police Division to investigate the case.

When contacted, Saviour denied torturing his son to death, adding that Nathaniel was fleeing from being disciplined for stealing his customer’s fish when he fell and smashed his head on tiles. Daily Prayers

He said, “I didn’t torture my son to death. After I returned from church on Sunday, I got home and realised my customer’s fish had been touched. I asked who touched it and Charles said he was not the one.

“I asked Nathaniel, but he also denied it. I was going inside my room when Nathaniel thought I wanted to get a cane and as he attempted to run, he fell and hit his head on the tiles.

“I observed he was behaving strangely around 2am, so I quickly rushed him to a nearby hospital but it was locked. I rushed him to another hospital in Ketu, where he was referred to another hospital, but he died.

“I didn’t go into hiding; my mother was sick, and I came home with my other child to see her and tell her what happened. I wanted to return to Lagos today but the IPOB stay-at-home order prevented me.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said he was going to get back to our correspondent but had yet to do so as of the time this report was filed.

Source: https://punchng.com/lagos-artisan-allegedly-beats-seven-year-old-son-to-death-over-fish/

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by Grace001: 6:51am On Aug 24, 2021
Mmmmm
Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by SadiqBabaSani: 7:08am On Aug 24, 2021
murder

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by insidelife22(m): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2021
There is frustration in the land.

but the father is not better than a bandit now that he has killed his own son.

imagine what he will do to some else's child.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by Mayng01(m): 8:12am On Aug 24, 2021
Over fish huh? Okay! Hin eye go don clear now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by BigRocky: 9:25am On Aug 24, 2021
Ashawo dun die,shebi Toto go rest?

Bad parenting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by zubimete(f): 10:12am On Aug 24, 2021
The gods are not to be blame.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by Sonnobax15(m): 11:09am On Aug 24, 2021
undecided
Na wa oh

Truly there's hunger in the land....

Because of fish? shocked

I can concur cha....I used to be like that kid when I was at his age...So tay because of me,my step mum gats buy cupboard with key for kitchen wey she dey constantly lock her pot of soup put grin

Obax cha,so like play like play I don out-grow those habits... well life is good..

As for this papa wey kill him own pikin because of fish,let him do his time abeg.

Rubbish undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by nairavsdollars(f): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
You see why poverty is a curse?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
angry.. WTF..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by endsarrrs(f): 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
I don't blame poverty. This young kid would have been alive if not for failed state of our health system. Thanks to the past, present leaders of Nigeria for toying with the lives of it law-abiding-citizens. Rest in peace kid. Your father failed you sad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by Hotfreeze: 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lewisjohnson:
Ewedu nd Amala at it again grin
Am nt surprised,
Wickedness is in der blood grin
I no mention name oo grin grin

Does Anefiok sound like a Yoruba name?
Foolishness runs in your family. Na so them use urgent 2k marry your mama.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by MARKone(m): 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
The amount of Bad News these days is chilling..make Una try push some good news for fp.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by sabreal: 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
That can not be ordinary.

His punishment should not be ordinary

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by bigdammyj: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
Noted
Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by DoggoneDogg: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
Businesslist:

Saviour Anifowoshe
grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by KingTom(m): 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lewisjohnson:
Ewedu nd Amala at it again grin
Am nt surprised,
Wickedness is in der blood grin
I no mention name oo grin grin
Aniefiok na Akwa Ibom name bros, quit your bigotry and tribalism angry

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by Veryfoolishboy: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
God punish POVERTY

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by lomprico(m): 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
shit
Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by The5DME(m): 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
Rest in peace to the young kid.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by Exceed15: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
Anger should replace love of money as the root of all evil . See what he has done his son . .So sad.
Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by Feggie3: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
Wetin I no go hear for this country
Ah!!
Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by candidbabe(f): 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
Poverty is a bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by WoundedLamb: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
Hhmmm... I still don't understand the justification behind hitting a child. There mere thought of it! I wonder why people can't be strict without getting physical. They say it's for the child, but most times, it's just the adult expressing anger. You hit the kid, you feel better/lighter, and then you say it's for the kid. How convenient!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by Babaheekmat: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2021
Poverty Die!!
Lack of education Die!!
Lack of exposure and imagination Die!!

Lack of sense Die!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Artisan Beats His 7-Year-old Son To Death Over Fish by pansophist(m): 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2021
Poverty also is the root of all evil, not only money. The broker the man, the deeper the depth of evil he is capable of inflicting. From envy, jealousy, sadness, regrets, hopelessness, helplessness, loneliness, wickedness, witchcraft, juju bandit, depression, victim of oppression etc, the root cause can all be traced to poverty.

Instead of use the poverty frustration and face the world hustling, he instead, descended and killed his begotten son, adding even more frustration to his life. Now he has the law to face and given that he is broke, no one will save him. Talk about hell on earth, before going to suffer the everlasting one afterlife, that's if it exist. If you're wondering why women habitually ghost from broke men permanently, this is your answer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policemen Brutalise Nursing Mother At Mokola In Ibadan. / Josephine Iyamu Jailed For 14 Years In UK For Voodoo Sex Trafficking / Murder Suspect’s Son Tells Police: ‘Dad Told Me To Say Mum Drank Sniper’ (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.