Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (852300 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2021
My dear, that part of "no job" was exactly what raised my antenna too cause a post secondary school applicant is not obliged to have any job yet cause they have not obtained the requisite knowledge for labour market. We can only do our bits and leave the rest to God.
Prayer is the key on this journey!!!

Tinakem:

I wanted to say this. Pls let continue praying for everyone instead of the review. A 20yrs old that is just going for a degree what kind of job do we expect from him or her except if he or she is going for secondary degree. I don't understand. Abeg all pastors here we need revival����

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2021
Lianna2020:
Sunday
I can sense the joy in ur Family.but how were u ppl fast in selling ur properties. my friend that relocated with his wife had a big issue with that.ppl were pricing rubbish. He just had to sell and dash some out of annoyance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2021
Congratulations in advance!
nathanD:
Please guys good evening, i need help and advice ohhh. Ircc sent a message requesting for me to do another medicals within the next 30days, this is my second application, and have tried booking no date available ohh please i need advice on what to do ��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
I used a page on ig that sold them almost at the cost price.
Name on ig: sell_and_relocate
Another one: sell_now_ before_relocating

I was left with two items unsold, hopefully my in-law will be able to sell them.
Enjay316:
I can sense the joy in ur Family.but how were u ppl fast in selling ur properties. my friend that relocated with his wife had a big issue with that.ppl were pricing rubbish. He just had to sell and dash some out of annoyance

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Youngman911: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
CuteCandy90:
Hello everyone

Please who has done medicals here recently?

I sent a mail for IOM to schedule me in Lagos but I’m yet to get a response from them.
I’m thinking of going there next week Tuesday to do it whether they schedule me or not but I don’t know if they will attend to me. Especially since it’s a public holiday.

Please i need advice on what to do?

Also who knows how much IOM charges for medicals?

You can't even get into the compound without an appointment.
What you can do is very stressful and might yield no results. Go there in the morning to lobby. They might pass a sheet to write your name and email. Note: You might be there all day!
price is: 46,500 for an adult the last time I checked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jayrealest: 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
Please help me o,
I differed my admission and I am yet to receive new LOA, is it okay if I send my passport for stamping and then send the new LOA to IRCC when I get it from the school or must I send new LOA before stamping my passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
Hello Ohizzy

Your profile looks good though, probably you were not convincing enough in your application.. Its one thing to have billions in the account, its another thing to convince the Visa officer that the billions will be readily available for your study in Canada..

You said you applied for your GCMS notes Oct 14th which was yesterday, so lets wait for the GCMS notes to arrive, which will be around Nov 15th 2021. With this I will advise you defer your admission till September next year(forget about January, except you wanna apply blindly) so you can have ample time to prepare a convincing application... Your refusal reason is easy to tackle...

As to the lost of your Job, sorry about that.. But hope you have not been Idle since the lost of your Job cos that can count against you, hope you have been involved in some voluntary service and all...

But like I said, I wont really talk much for now until when ur GCMS notes arrive, then we will know how to tackle the concerns of the Visa Officer.. I suspect there was a minor concern of the Visa Officer that resulted to your refusal....

A strong and convincing SOP and LOE will do justice to that... So when you have your GCMS notes, drop it here, knowledgeable peeps are here to help you out..

Peace
ohizzy:

Thank you for your insight Boss.

Below is my Timeline:

1) Applied 23rd June 2021 with Upfront medicals updated to passed July 13
2) No update up until 13th October 2021 Eligibility started after series of emails sent
3) Refusal letter dropped early morning Yesterday 14th Oct 2021.
4) GCMS notes applied on 14th October 2021.

I already paid $7500 for my 1st semester as requested by the school.

a)Father(Sponsor) had $50K in his account
b)Uncle(Co-sponsor) supported with 5M which he transferred to my account from his Corporate account. Explanation of Lump-sum was done with a reference letter and MBS from his bank.
c)I lost my Job April Last year which I stated in my SOP with evidence of salary and pension account, also letters from the company
d) I already deferred to January since my visa didn't get approved before the September intake.

The reason for denial is attached below.

Epp me oo Epp me oo!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2021
Hello beedyboy

How many days are in a year that one needs to wait for 150days to submit the new LOA?

Dunno where you got this info from though..

If your delayed application has passed your resumption date, you will need to defer and once your school gives you your new LOA, you will need to submit it asap to avoid the delay of IRCC requesting for it..

Just the way applicants submit Upfront Medicals cos of the delay of Medical Request, that is how it is..

Please do not wait for 150 days before submitting a new LOA, time waits for no one...

Peace

beedyboy:
I thought one could wait until after 150 days before submitting the new LOA. Please enlighten more on this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2021
Lianna2020:

I was left with two items unsold, hopefully my in-law will be able to sell them.
where do u get all this connections from? lol.u r too smart oo.kudos.saves u a lot of hassle

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
Honourable Teemenzo

Nice Job you doing... Weldone

But the said Moniker at age 20 may not necessarily have a Job or personal and financial assets, except he is a Yahoo Boy.. So his home tie may not necessarily look weak at that tender age... In Nigeria, how many 20 year olds are working, so him not having a Job isn't a problem, he is still young... And I believe the VO wont have issues with that..

He didn't mention which degree he is going for maybe Bsc, PGD or Masters.. I don't know if he has been refused or his application is still on..

At age 20 without a Job, his home ties can be his family members, especially his parents, the activities he has been involved in since he left Secondary school, Polytechnic or University..

Cos one thing Canada hates is Idleness, you must be responsible and engaged in your home country... So a voluntary service can also play a big role in the absence of a Job...

I just saw your post, so I decided to chip in one or two things..

Peace
Teemenzo:

Hello, i see a loophole here, i can't say if its one of the issues but your home ties look weak. No job to show, properties, any organization you belong to. Probably if you raise a webform updating them you got a job with supporting documents. Also increasing your home ties. Sending the webform could juggle the mind of the VO seeing to your case.

Makano, please step in.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 15, 2021
makano:
Honourable Teemenzo

But the said Moniker at age 20 may not necessarily have a Job or personal and financial assets, except he is a Yahoo Boy.. So his home tie may not necessarily look weak at that tender age... In Nigeria, how many 20 year olds are working, so him not having a Job isn't a problem, he is still young... And I believe the VO wont have issues with that..

He didn't mention which degree he is going for maybe Bsc, PGD or Masters.. I don't know if he has been refused or his application is still on..

At age 20 without a Job, his home ties can be his family members, especially his parents, the activities he has been involved in since he left Secondary school, Polytechnic or University..

Cos one thing Canada hates is Idleness, you must be responsible and engaged in your home country... So a voluntary service can also play a big role in the absence of a Job...

Peace
Bros ,someone said on this thread that its impossible to get ppr if u have served as a police or in the military some time ago.I am wondering, how true is it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jayrealest: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
Jayrealest:
Please help me o,
I differed my admission and I am yet to receive new LOA, is it okay if I send my passport for stamping and then send the new LOA to IRCC when I get it from the school or must I send new LOA before stamping my passport?

Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
Enjay316:
am not a guru but my 2kobo is u have to follow his trend.the job part no hard, add it to ur CV.as for the marriage, did u submit any marriage document ?. dont raise issues that will make them not trust anything u say ooo.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate. @Frankrobbn1, @justwise, @justmellow, @shuppy, @spectro and @lekkiboboa. You guys input will be much appreciated as well. Thanking you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iphydiamond: 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
Enjay316:
where do u get all this connections from? lol.u r too smart oo.kudos.saves u a lot of hassle

Hello Enjay316, Congratulations on your ppr.
I hope I’m not wrong but I think I know you. Uniben MGS. I sent you an email notification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
Enjay316:
am not a guru but my 2kobo is u have to follow his trend.the job part no hard, add it to ur CV.as for the marriage, did u submit any marriage document ?. dont raise issues that will make them not trust anything u say ooo.
I didn't submit any marriage document then @Enjay316
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
Lianna2020:

Really you and I need to discuss. I have alot to learn from you. Hope you don't mind I drop long email epistle for you? Lol need your clarifications on alot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2021
My bad, I thought I saw it somewhere, thank you Makano

makano:
Hello beedyboy

How many days are in a year that one needs to wait for 150days to submit the new LOA?

Dunno where you got this info from though..

If your delayed application has passed your resumption date, you will need to defer and once your school gives you your new LOA, you will need to submit it asap to avoid the delay of IRCC requesting for it..

Just the way applicants submit Upfront Medicals cos of the delay of Medical Request, that is how it is..

Please do not wait for 150 days before submitting a new LOA, time waits for no one...

Peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 15, 2021
Please can you explain further on the letter of authorization? Thanks

Godsfave:
LANDING GIST

Let me start by apologizing for going MIA, a lot of running around.

I got to the Abuja airport around 10am (plenty traffic i wan cry) boarding starts by 11:30am. Met the First Lady who scanned some of my documents (Covid test result and passport), moved to the next queue where they asked what was in my bag and opened to check, the man just scanned through and zipped it back, I moved on to the next queue and the lady requested for my enrollment letter, passport, Covid test result and arrivecan (Omo i filled the arrivecan oo, even printed it out sef) but she said mine had issues and i couldn’t board (in my mind, my village people have found me ooo) she even assigned one of the staffs to help me but to no avail, others had already started boarding and i couldn’t cos arrivecan is a must ooo, finally the lady decided to have mercy and clear me to board without it, I checked my bags in (exact 50kg) I had two hand luggages (a small box and laptop bag) that they didn’t scale or check in. I moved on to board and passed the last groups who didn’t ask for anything asides passport and what are you going for and where. I boarded and we took off, we stopped at Addis Abiba and i boarded another flight to Toronto (we didn’t waste time, just keep reading the signs and locate your next boarding gate) we got to Toronto and first things first, I filled my details into one system and it generated a receipt which i used to proceed,i queued for the first immigration officer who asked for arrivecan and i explained ( he said it’s from the vaccine i took cos I’m fully vaccinated) he asked me to fill on paper this time and that was all, after that I proceeded to the main immigration and it took 1 hour 30 before it finally got to my turn and the lady only asked for passport and letter of authorization, ( she asked which of my courses I’m looking forward to studying and i told her) she printed and gave me study permit, then read the 20 hours work a week rules, omo nobody asked me for how much i had oo or even statement of account wey i carry. ( I had already missed my connecting flight to Vancouver) I went to fly Canada check in and they put me on the next flight which was scheduled to leave in 30 minutes.I had to go pick all my luggages and check them in to my next flight at the Toronto airport, the immigration officer didn’t ask me about vaccine or ask me to quarantine or even where i have in mind ooo(I sha got quarantine update from my arrivecan app and I’ve been filling it daily). I boarded my flight to Vancouver and when i landed there was no more documentation, or anything, I just picked my luggages and ran to my sister. Ethiopian airlines served me 6 meals from Nigeria to Toronto and they were all nice food with any drink of your choice ( I would actually recommend them) plus they had nice movies ooo.

I return all glory to God for making this possible and here is a thank you to my naira land family. Thank you team

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2021
No problem at all, hopefully I have the answers you need.
Ketima:

Really you and I need to discuss. I have alot to learn from you. Hope you don't mind I drop long email epistle for you? Lol need your clarifications on alot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2021
Lianna2020:
No problem at all, hopefully I have the answers you need.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nathanD: 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2021
Omiinii:
Congratulations in advance!

Thank you soo much i was just going to ask the house what are my chances when medicals are requested by ircc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temas: 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2021
eleraaa:
Heyyyyy….umm is anyone here going to Thompson Rivers University

Hello, I live in Kamloops and my wife is a student of TRU. What do you need to know?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
Tinakem:

I wanted to say this. Pls let continue praying for everyone instead of the review. A 20yrs old that is just going for a degree what kind of job do we expect from him or her except if he or she is going for secondary degree. I don't understand. Abeg all pastors here we need revival����

God will answer us all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
makano:
Honourable Teemenzo

Peace

Thank you boss, you did a better justice to this. Kudos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tcrown2020(f): 11:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
Henriie:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tcrown2020(f): 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2021
Davidganna10:
congratulations
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
Never mind. I know what you mean now.

Henriie:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
Iphydiamond:

Hello Enjay316, Congratulations on your ppr.
I hope I’m not wrong but I think I know you. Uniben MGS. I sent you an email notification.
wow.person don know me reach house ooo.I need to change my Monica. it's no more faceless. Ify, I will chat u up privately now.my fellow alumni with 10 years gap

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 15, 2021
flove62:

I didn't submit any marriage document then @Enjay316
I think that's better.wait 4 the gurus to reply on what to do about the marriage part since he did not send any marriage doc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2021
nathanD:

Thank you soo much i was just going to ask the house what are my chances when medicals are requested by ircc
as far as u dont have any terminal illness that will make u spend much and is communicable like TB or AIDS,u r good to go.ur PPR is 90%

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Testimonytime: 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
please wake me up ooooooooooooooo

ppr alert

cant believe it.

God is too wonderful
infact I dont know where to start from.
I will give u ppl an epistle trust me.
when I saw two messages, I wanted to faint cos it's only refusal that comes this fast.

Congratulations

August 24 application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
Hi Makano,

Is it compulsory one needs to attend a semester before changing dli, can't I just change dli immediately I get into Canada? Thanks

makano:
Hello childgodlyyy

Contrary to this my post some minutes ago, you will have to apply for another study permit application if you change DLI..

IRCC made this new rules some months ago.. Another alternative is for you to attend the school you got your study permit for at least a semester and then you can do a transfer after informing IRCC...

MY last post where I told you that you do not need to re-apply was still possible early this year because a friend of mine did change school when he got to Canada without re-applying..

So this change is a recent development from Canada... SO if you wanna change DLI, then you will need to re-apply even after getting approved..

Read the link below as a backup to my claims
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html

Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.