Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,450 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861769 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2021
If you have ordered and received your gcms notes, you will see your primary and secondary offices stated on it. Most Nigerians' applications submitted in Nigeria has primary office as Nairobi, then the secondary will surely be stated on your notes....

lilylurv:

Please house, how do I know my primary and secondary office?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2021
viviangogos:
If you have ordered and received your gcms notes, you will see your primary and secondary offices stated on it. Most Nigerians' applications submitted in Nigeria has primary office as Nairobi, then the secondary will surely be stated on your notes....

What baffles me is this, the VOs, are they canadians or africans?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hello Tre20

BVL - Biometrics Validity Letter

If you previously submitted biometrics to IRCC for a visa application, you will get a BVL letter before receiving your final decision for your application.. It will appear in your GCkey account as "Correspondence Letter".

Peace
Tre20:
Pls what is BVL about?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
Let me ask, I sent emails to multiple IRCC enquiry e-mail address and abuja enquiry responded:
“Dear Applicant ,

Your requested documents have been received.

Regards”,

. Does it mean my application is being handled in abj ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temmyturpeh: 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Please! Please!!please!!! various inputs are kindly requested to do justification to this concern.

Temmyturpeh:
I pray for all PPR expectant; you will all have good testimonies to share. God no dey shame His people you'll not be put to shame iJn...

Attention:
Pls, I need a clarification on this; my admission deferral was approved after the approval decision was taken on my visa, now I have my stamped passport. My question is;should I still send the new LOA to IRCC through webform/ email Or no need of sending it anymore?

All your input will be highly appreciated. Gracias!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
onyinyeehC:
Let me ask, I sent emails to multiple IRCC enquiry e-mail address and abuja enquiry responded:
“Dear Applicant ,

Regards”,

Most likely...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
No, abuja doesn't handle Nigeria applications...

To know the IRCC office handling your application, you will have to order your GCMS...

Peace
onyinyeehC:
“Dear Applicant ,

Regards”,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debbie345: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
TheGbemisola:

Hey i think you mailed me one time. I responded but I didn’t get anything back. Hope all is well
. Yes thank you all is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
I would think they can come from any part of the world. But the ones in Nairobi office, may particularly not be from Africa. Eg. At the US consulate, all the VOs there are whites, from their looks, I would see some are Asians too so they are not all particularly Americans.i feel to strike a balance, I guess the blacks if there are any, may be in some other continents too...

Teemenzo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by obilec: 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2021
I book my passport request with faith this week in Jesus name. Lord Jesus, please give me this testimony , let me come here again to testify in public, for your children overcome by the the word of our testimony.
What God cannot do does not exist.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hello Temmyturpeh

1. When was your passport stamped ?
2. When was your LOA given you?
3. When is your new resumption date?

Your answers to these questions will guide me to give you precised answers..

peace
Temmyturpeh:
I pray for all PPR expectant; you will all have good testimonies to share. God no dey shame His people you'll not be put to shame iJn...

Attention:
Pls, I need a clarification on this; my admission deferral was approved after the approval decision was taken on my visa, now I have my stamped passport. My question is;should I still send the new LOA to IRCC through webform/ email Or no need of sending it anymore?

All your input will be highly appreciated. Gracias!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hello Kemmy

Mails or no mails, a final decision has already been made for your application..

Watch your back. its dropping soon...

Peace
kemmyk:
My BVL is 3weeks today, my school is resuming January 10, have been chilling out about the whole thing bhett is like kpe my heart can’t take it anymore though have not started sending mails to them all this while thinking probably they are still attending to September applicants or people who defer from September to January just before receiving their PPR

Any suggestion, should I start sending mails or wait till next month.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
viviangogos:
I would think they can come from any part of the world. But the ones in Nairobi office, may particularly not be from Africa. Eg. At the US consulate, all the VOs there are whites, from their looks, I would see some are Asians too so they are not all particularly Americans.i feel to strike a balance, I guess the blacks if there are any, may be in some other continents too...

Ok, just trying to understand the fairness in the whole process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
Iphydiamond:
Please who knows the price range for winter jacket at yaba?
have u gotten Visa?.My brother told me not to border getting winter Jacket in Naija. it's hard to find the standard u need 4 that cold winter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 10:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
dfutbolar:
My GCMS NOTE

AH03849!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt if this VO has approved one single application, alway rejecting.

@RollyA, any progress with your JD?

@dfut, who did you use as your sponsor and how much did the person have in their account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
viviangogos:
Lol, you noticed that. I practically open and read immediately, and even when I login to randomly check, I still open and read again. I have downloaded my medical request more than 100 times, to read it again and again LOL...
The wait is not for the faint hearted shaa.

It will end in Praise for everyone waiting for this good news...

I am wondering, Y did u not do upfront to avoid this stress?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hello Kidsister

I will advise you defer your resumption day to Spring or Fall 2022 cos it will take the grace of God for you to get a decision before January....

Peace
Kidsister13:
Please how many months does it take to get a feedback from IRCC because I am yet to apply for a permit and school is resuming Jan 10.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ketima:
Guys good day. I got attached docs from VFS, what does it mean.
when did u submit ur passport ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dfutbolar: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2021
No. It took over a month. Since August 25.

Katehasty:

Did it take exactly 30days for u to get the gcms note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
Jay316:
have u gotten Visa?.My brother told me not to border getting winter Jacket in Naija. it's hard to find the standard u need 4 that cold winter

We no fit carry bare chest go canada for december or january. Remember say na extreme heat yoy dey comot from. She na UK i go buy jacket ni, make perspn use all the money wey him carry buy jacket

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
dfutbolar:
My GCMS NOTE
if u have the money,pay school fees and do GIC.if u dont,the gurus will advice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 18, 2021
nairagrounds:

I thought you were only required to prove your financial support only for the first year. Am I missing something?
yes dear but u have to give an explanation with proof on where the rest will come without having to break the rules of ur permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hahaha... respect honorable. We bless Jah , God has been faithful
nyz one.How is the weather like? make we dey prepare mentally. I never see snow 4 my life. abeg e don dey snow?? lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2021
makano:
Hello Anon

This is not totally correct..

Nairobi is handles 90% of Nigerian applications and not all.. London also handles Nigeria applications...

ACCRA AND LAGOS use to handle Nigeria applications, before Nairobi and also London took over..

And also there is something like Primary and Secondary office. For you to know, pick up any GCMS notes, you will see a primary and Secondary office in the Note..

Peace

does anyone have an idea y our applications are taken to Nairobi?

please are our passport signed in Abuja or Nairobi ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
I actually did upfront medical ooo. In fact I uploaded the slip with my application. Even after I got the medical request, I still sent it same day, and they reviewed it to pass 24 hrs later which was since 1st of October. I never knew it would take this long to get further updates, but here I am, still waiting ooo. I am only hopeful for my good news this week by Gods grace, Amen.

Jay316:
I am wondering, Y did u not do upfront to avoid this stress?.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
onyinyeehC:
“Dear Applicant ,

Regards”,

No not really. When I sent webform to update my MBS, it was Abuja that acknowledged and told me my MBS have been received but my file was in Nairobi.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
Teemenzo:

Canadians if course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
viviangogos:

they are all Citizens of Canada. either by birth,naturalization, marriage etc. but inspite of their race or color, they are Canadians
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
Jay316:
when did u submit ur passport ?

Sent on Thursday, got to Abuja Thursday evening. Vfs sent me mail this morning. And that was it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
Teemenzo:

We no fit carry bare chest go canada for december or january. Remember say na extreme heat yoy dey comot from. She na UK i go buy jacket ni, make perspn use all the money wey him carry buy jacket
abi.manage d one 4 Yaba jor.lol.wen u get there ,u can buy more
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2021
viviangogos:
I actually did upfront medical ooo. In fact I uploaded the slip with my application. Even after I got the medical request, I still sent it same day, and they reviewed it to pass 24 hrs later which was since 1st of October. I never knew it would take this long to get further updates, but here I am, still waiting ooo. I am only hopeful for my good news this week by Gods grace, Amen.

Amen. maybe it was not clear or the V.O did not see it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ketima:

Sent on Thursday, got to Abuja Thursday evening. Vfs sent me mail this morning. And that was it.
how are u tracking it.sent mine this morning. no update

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.