Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,497 members, 7,840,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (879552 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2021
makano:
Hello Malone

No, it cant
Even when you have high BP in the clinic, they will advise you come back when your BP is normal.. High BP is never a reason to fail Medicals..

Peace
thank you very much for this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
Cc lekiboboe
Please I need your assistance for a friend
She had a Hnd in computer science upper credit which she finished 2008
Please which course and program can she further in
Looking forward to hearing from you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tre20: 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2021
Can i change my program after been refused for another?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2021
Lol, thank you very much for the clarification.

Violence
makano:
Hello Omini

Father, Mother, Husband, Wife, and Elder blood siblings are considered the sponsors expected for an applicant by IRCC...

Any other person is considered a 3rd party sponsor...

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hello honeycandy

You do not need to fidget over this, be calm.

Since your school has said no sit available till Fall of next year, there is no issue about that.

Go ahead and submit your Passport for stamping and don't be in a rush about it unlike how most peeps here are always in a rush to get their Passport back , in your case you have enough time. The reason for this is because the same date your Passport is stamped is the same date it will expire next year, meaning the Visa is valid for a year...

So when you get your passport back, make sure you leave the country before the Visa expires.. Do not change your course, remember you have already Sugar-coated the Visa officer in your SOP why you wanna study the course you chose.

And you know the schools give reports to IRCC of all international students in Canada, so that IRCC can know the status of the students if truly there are studying in the school that was in their study permit application and also the course.

So play safe and stay patient... You will have enough time to prepare and also save a reasonable amount before finally leaving the country.

Peace

honeycandy:

Someone should please answer me biko. I deferred to September next year because the school informed me that the course won’t be available for Jan and May 2022. Except I’m willing to change to another course.

I don’t know what to do like this.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 6:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
Please can my bank transfer money at CBN rate to GIC account?

Scott99tish:
Apart from GIC, you have lot to work on;
1. You are married.
How will she fair in your absence ?
You need to show she will be financially fine in your absence… Her work, payslip, Assets, anything to show…
You also need to show your statement of account with funds too…

Your parent paying for your GIC won’t be enough because of your wife.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JavaSQL: 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hello everyone,
Please I would like to know any link to schools in Canada that offer social welfare courses and details of the tuition fees.

For someone who studied business management course in Nigeria, would it be favourable when applying to for a visa for a role opposite what the person had studied at the University.

Also, what are the likelihood of getting jobs while studying and supporting oneself as a student over there and which city is more open to job opportunities?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 6:38pm On Oct 20, 2021
Malone122:
Cc lekiboboe
Please I need your assistance for a friend
She had a Hnd in computer science upper credit which she finished 2008
Please which course and program can she further in
Looking forward to hearing from you
Is her Jo experience since 2008 till now Computer Science related?, if yes, what area of Computer Science is that? If No, what Job has she been doing since 2008 till date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sure you can..

But make sure the new program is either related to your 1st degree program or your work(business)

Peace

Tre20:
Can i change my program after been refused for another?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 7:15pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hello...congratulations on your PPR.
You can go ahead and submit your PP for stamping. The visa that will be stamped is valid for one year. And for September 2022 resumption, you should travel by August so you are still fine. For the change of course in same DLI, IRCC website was only particular about change of DLI inside and outside Canada and what need to be done. Except you see someone that have directly done this, to advice you better on any implications. Your best bet will be to stick to the fall 2022...

N.B- Please share timeline and documents submitted.

All the best

honeycandy:

Someone should please answer me biko. I deferred to September next year because the school informed me that the course won’t be available for Jan and May 2022. Except I’m willing to change to another course.

I don’t know what to do like this.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2021
Our PPRs will drop this week in Jesus name, Amen.

All you can do is to keep praying and professing it in Faith, Mark 11:23.
Btw, have you sent email yet? I sent one today and will have to do that going forward till they answer oooo. God dey for us

nairagrounds:
Where are the PPRs? Mine is dropping soon in Jesus' name. AMEN.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
1) for schools that offer your course of choice, use the below link to do your search:

https://w05.educanada.ca/index.aspx?action=programsearch-rechercheprogramme&lang=eng

2) Career / academic progression is an important aspect to convince the VO for a successful visa application. If you are currently working in a particular field, submit proof of your work and why the studies will help you in your career. If you are fresh out of school, then you need to show progression in your study area. However, people do change career but your SOP will be very convincing enough on why the change, job availability in country of residence, and what value the course will add to you and your country in other to have a successful application.

All the best.
JavaSQL:
Hello everyone,
Please I would like to know any link to schools in Canada that offer social welfare courses and details of the tuition fees.

For someone who studied business management course in Nigeria, would it be favourable when applying to for a visa for a role opposite what the person had studied at the University.

Also, what are the likelihood of getting jobs while studying and supporting oneself as a student over there and which city is more open to job opportunities?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Spot on
@honeycandy if I were you that's exactly what I will do

makano:
Hello honeycandy

You do not need to fidget over this, be calm.

Since your school has said no sit available till Fall of next year, there is no issue about that.

Go ahead and submit your Passport for stamping and don't be in a rush about it unlike how most peeps here are always in a rush to get their Passport back , in your case you have enough time. The reason for this is because the same date your Passport is stamped is the same date it will expire next year, meaning the Visa is valid for a year...

So when you get your passport back, make sure you leave the country before the Visa expires.. Do not change your course, remember you have already Sugar-coated the Visa officer in your SOP why you wanna study the course you chose.

And you know the schools give reports to IRCC of all international students in Canada, so that IRCC can know the status of the students if truly there are studying in the school that was in their study permit application and also the course.

So play safe and stay patient... You will have enough time to prepare and also save a reasonable amount before finally leaving the country.

Peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BabajhideySammy: 7:48pm On Oct 20, 2021
Romoke1995:

Thanks so much
Yes I called their results department and they said it will be sent out soon

Hi, if you don’t mind me asking how do you get on to the results department. I had mine done on Thursday and I haven’t heard anything from them saying they’ve sent it to IRCC or nothing on my application page from IRCC either.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 20, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Is her Jo experience since 2008 till now Computer Science related?, if yes, what area of Computer Science is that? If No, what Job has she been doing since 2008 till date?
yes please IT audit and cyber fraud investigation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fleshofmankind1: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2021
God I need this PPR

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2021
Malone122:
yes please IT audit and cyber fraud investigation
okay

Refer to this post

PG.Certs in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence programs and the colleges offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/454#100335280

PG.Cert, Cyber Security & Computer Forensics, Lambton College, Ontario
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147513852&location=Mississauga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Lekiboboe:

okay

Refer to this post

PG.Certs in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence programs and the colleges offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/454#100335280

PG.Cert, Cyber Security & Computer Forensics, Lambton College, Ontario
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147513852&location=Mississauga

thank you very much I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks boss,

Ayindesegun10:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaeul(f): 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks
Ketima:

I think Canada uses the CBN rate for conversion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaeul(f): 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
emmalextemtop:

Lekkiboboe, abEg, do we need to change the font/size of this letter...to what?
And some of the declaration there ,can i remove some cos i don't understand some like that...
Well i don't know about that, that letter of sponsorship is just a template some applicant's have used (it is not a Template from IRCC or recommended by IRCC).

About the declaration there, i don't know if you should remove it or not, but i feel the contents there are essential in order to convince a VISA OFFICER on how established and financially buoyant your sponsor is and how he/she gonna be sponsoring you. SPONSORSHIP DECLARATION is just like an oath to show that your sponsor is responsible for your financial support in Canada in terms of maintenance, and accommodation throughout the period of your stay, so i don't really know why you want to remove it.

No two application is same, so the content of the Letter of Sponsorship should be strictly based on your sponsor's profile and how he/she want to sponsor you.

AWAIT ADDITIONAL RESPONSE FROM OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS PLATFORM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaeul(f): 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks
Scott99tish:
You should work with the rate on CIC website.

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

Do the mathematics when you see the NGN rate.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2021
Jioke1994:
Lekiboboe, @frankrobbn @makano and others.

Goodafternoon everyone.
The below questions came 4rm a friend.
I would appreciate if anybody can help.

How do I get admission for post graduate studies?

2, which school can I apply that have a low tuition fee and scholarship

3, would it be possible for me to get a full funded scholarship from Nigeria here, if yes what the procedure and their websites,
Hi,

Would only be able to answer your third question

That being said, go through the contents in the link below

Detailed Guide for Masters Degree holders who want to do a PH.D in Canada (fully-funded) also find attached Dr. Olumuyiwaayo's magic/jazz Academic CV & Cold Mail (Content is applicable to a Bachelor's degree holder going for a Masters)

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

Good luck!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaeul(f): 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2021
Please, I am married with Kids. Can I just use my kids and spouse as home ties or should I also add my siblings and parents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
finnacle2020:
Please I saw the info below on Conestoga college website, can I go for this course, am a banker 15years experience, B.Eng(elect/elect) and am 40years old

@Frankrobbn1, Lekiboboe, makano...please assist

Information Technology Business Analysis
Code: 1424
Delivery: Full-time
Length: 2 years
Start: January 2022
Campus: Kitchener – Doon
Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
If your work experience (Job description, duties) in the bank align with this PG. CERT program and its course outline (curriculum), yes you can go for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks bro

nairagrounds:

Wow! Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks bro, sorry I'm coming back a bit late. Being at work.

Will definitely share it

beedyboy:
Congrats. Please fly with the eagle.
Canada favours you always ijn.

Kindly share your timeline

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 9:07pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks �� chief

ganiruogene:

congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks boss

SwayB:

Congratulations. Kindly share your timeline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks @Iffylove

Iffylove:
Congratulations....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thank you
Savvyciao:

Congrats grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (834)

Lets Talk About Estonia / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.