Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (852024 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oby2828: 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
Bobomaigida:

Hi Oby, there isn't a best way to address it, what you have to show is the funding that will be available to take of your tuition and living expenses for your babies and yourself over there, since hubby is employed here, his work can take care of him, so it will be advisable for you to include his SOA and employment letters. Your kind of application needs a good SOP that would explain the funds available, the benefits of your course other things. SO if you have not started writing your SOP, kindly start now.

Have started writing it already, I will complete it and send to some gurus in the house to help me check it out. Hope the 1 yr pgd won’t affect it though, or I should just reapply for a 2 yrs pgd?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
It is very possible to get your study permit with a one year program. Since the course relates with your work I think that is fine. But if you finished with a 1st class or 2:1 please go for a masters.
Oby2828:

Thank you for your reply, so do you advice I should reapply for a 2 yrs pgd course?

Yes it relates to my work experience, currently running my business and it’s super active, infact will still continue the business while in canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by debbzJay: 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
Landing Gist!!!
Lagos to Calgary.

It was a long but smooth flight for me. I left Lagos on Sunday 23rd by 10pm, got to the airport around 7, checked my bags in; I had to adjust my things to be 23kg both, I removed some things from my box and put them in the bag containing my food items.
My bags weren't checked, the officer just asked why I was travelling and if it was my first time then she let me go)
At the Lagos airport, I was asked to show my LOA, enrolment letter (since classes have started), Covid result, passport and ArriveCAN receipt. I was given a yellow form which I filled and submitted at the Immigration stand. Before boarding the flight, my hand luggage was checked but nothing was removed, it was just my laptop, snacks and some clothes that filled my 2 hand luggage. No stress at the Lagos airport actually.

I used KLM so we first went to Amsterdam, it was a 7hours flight; food was served but I only ate the chicken - I had snacks with me and I slept most of the time. When we got to Amsterdam, I missed my way and went to the place for exit rather than going to wait for my connecting flight but an officer redirected me (we were about 4 that made this mistake). It was a long wait here (close to 7 hours again) but I spent most of it communicating with my family via the free wifi at the airport. I had 2 devices so when the 1 hour free internet expired on my phone, I switched to my Ipad and started watching a movie (Squid Game) and I switched back to my phone again when that also expired (I didn't sleep at the stopover and I wasn't so bored too, thanks to the free wifi).

Time came for us to continue our journey to Calgary and it was a 9 hours journey but smooth as well. I had pasta this time and it wasn't so bad then I continued my sleep. Got to Calgary, had my documents checked, same docs that were checked at the Lagos airport. Was asked to declare my food items (I didn't go with any poultry product, just fish, stockfish, some leaves, egusi, ogbonno, spices, crayfish) then the officer wrote it down on a yellow form and selected me for a random sample(covid test) then I went into another room where I was given my study permit and was told that I could work for up to 20hours per week. From there, I went for the Covid test since I was selected and when I was done there, I was free to go. I wasn't asked to be quarantined since I was fully vaccinated and presented no Covid symptoms. When I got out of the airport, the cold breeze welcomed me so I rushed back into the airport and waited patiently for my host to come pick me up.

It's been good so far and my classes are still online so I am still enjoying staying at home.
Thanks to everyone that has contributed on this platform, I learnt a lot from here.
Congrats to those who have received their PPR and to those still expecting, may it end in praise for you. Amen!!!

48 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oby2828: 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
PapaObi:
It is very possible to get your study permit with a one year program. Since the course relates with your work I think that is fine. But if you finished with a 1st class or 2:1 please go for a masters.

No I have a 2.2 that’s why I’m going for a pgd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DooLiz: 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2021
PapaObi:
If you have a medical request Send a mail to qlife and iom with an attachment of your international passport data page and the medical screening request from IRCC and they would respond with available slots. However, If it is upfront I believe you have to book online. Regards

Thank you. I have done that but i was given a date far from what I would like. Does anyone have an advice on what can be done? Or there is no remedy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jaymaster18: 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2021
lilylurv:

Centennial College

Who else dey go centennial college abeg make we try sabi ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hello Man

SOP - Statement of Purpose
An SOP is a letter addressed to the Visa Officer where the applicant talks about the purpose of why he/she is going to study in Canada. Points explained will dwell on
1. How the advanced study complements past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope.
2. Financial capability of the applicant to finance studies & living costs,
3 Why Canada
4. Why the particular program and why the particular institution.. e.t.c

An SOP is applicable to both the first Time applicants and returning Applicants..

LOE - Letter of Explanation
An LOE is a letter by the applicant addressed to the Visa Officer explaining what went wrong in previous applications and on what ground it was rejected. How those issues are addressed in the present application. An LOE is mostly for applicants that are re-applying (after their visa has been rejected in past) where they will explain how they have been able to address the concerns of the Visa Officer in the past (refused) application.

An LOE is applicable mostly to applicants who are re-applying or 1st-time applicants whose case is complicated..

Peace
ManLikeB:
please i want to know the difference between SOP and LOE. if any one has a link to a sample it will be appreciated i need guidance.thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
This is so detailed, thanks much.
Kankanio:

How I sent my Passport to Abuja.

I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I sent my passport to Abuja,
So I had to pay a transmission fee of NGN 8,920 to this account
CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

I bought a fresh brown envelope and added the following documents, so follow:

- Your International Passport itself (That your passport !!)

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- 2 copies of your passport data page (I printed it in colored copy)

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

For those that do not have the Biometrics paper again, your submission of your BVL(the immediate document that drops before your Original passport Letter) will do..

- The PPR letter (1 copy)

- 2 copies of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)
NOTE: I paid for 2 ways Courier at DHL and insured it to and fro

2 courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier

CC: @gracedson

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
Patience is a virtue. You will get your medical done, pass it and receive your PPR. In my case they gave me a date which was 5 days to the 30 days deadline, I did not die. Ask yourself this- what if your medical request didn't come now but came next month will you not still do it? Relax your PPR is in the bag
DooLiz:

Thank you. I have done that but i was given a date far from what I would like. Does anyone have an advice on what can be done? Or there is no remedy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hello guys, thank God for me. I got my PPR this afternoon,apparently it's been sitting in my mail since 3.30pm but I had a busy day at work. After work,I went for a program in my church. It was when we closed I checked my phone and realised I had a message in my Gmail.
Lo and behold...there sat my approval since 3.30pm this afternoon.
This was a reapplication and in my previous application, the VO showed concerns about my funds stating he perceived it was for demonstration purpose only(I saw this in my GCMS notes.
Timeline below:
Application submission: 14th sept
BVL and PPR: 27th Oct.
I saw only one ghost update and eligibility never started till after PPR sef.

Since the concern was mainly on finance,all I did was pay a year tuition as against the initial tuition deposit I paid. I perceived that if I claimed I was self sponsored and the money accessible to me,why pay the minimum which was the tuition deposit?
I only submitted MBS for my pof,snip shot of my student account showing one year tuition,upfront medical,IELTS,LOE and new LOA.

Special thanks to all the gurus and everyone taking their time to answer the numerous questions here. For everyone expecting,God will make it speedy and easy for you.

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KoinsOfLagos: 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2021
PPR came in today!

Timeline
Submitted June 6
Medical Request September 16
Medicals October 5
PPR October 27

Please how do I send my passport to their office in Lagos?

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2021
Then that is very fine, Your Sop is your greatest weapon. Create a subheading for why you want to further your studies and why the chosen program will help you advance in your career and person in general. Be detailed but concise. Please don't state that you want to continue the business in Canada cause I saw that in your post earlier.
Oby2828:

No I have a 2.2 that’s why I’m going for a pgd.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Keren12: 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2021
I am in the same shoe's with you oh. Same school
Jojorito007:
Pls who knows the contact of any MP in Kitchener. I am going to Conestoga and I want to write and MP concerning my application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oby2828: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2021
PapaObi:
Then that is very fine, Your Sop is your greatest weapon. Create a subheading for why you want to further your studies and why the chosen program will help you advance in your career and person in general. Be detailed but concise. Please don't state that you want to continue the business in Canada cause I saw that in your post earlier.

Of course I won’t, thank you so much for your response and advise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Keren12: 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2021
Congratulations to you. Is my turn now
Teeprecious:
Hello guys, thank God for me. I got my PPR this afternoon,apparently it's been sitting in my mail since 3.30pm but I had a busy day at work. After work,I went for a program in my church. It was when we closed I checked my phone and realised I had a message in my Gmail.
This was a reapplication and in my previous application, the VO showed concerns about my funds stating he perceived it was for demonstration purpose only(I saw this in my GCMS notes.
Timeline below:

Since the concern was mainly on finance,all I did was pay a year tuition as against the initial tuition deposit I paid. I perceived that if I claimed I was self sponsored and the money accessible to me,why pay the minimum which was the tuition deposit?
I only submitted MBS for my pof,snip shot of my student account showing one year tuition,upfront medical,IELTS,LOE and new LOA.

Special thanks to all the gurus and everyone taking their time to answer the numerous questions here. For everyone expecting,God will make it speedy and easy for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Keren12: 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
Congratulations to you too
KoinsOfLagos:
PPR came in today!

Timeline
Submitted June 6
Medicals October 5
PPR October 27

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temas: 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
Keren12:
I am in the same shoe's with you oh. Same school

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/search?caucusId=4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temas: 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
From there, I went for the Covid test since I was selected and when I was done there, I was free to go. I wasn't asked to be quarantined since I was fully vaccinated and presented no Covid symptoms. When I got out of the airport, the cold breeze welcomed me so I rushed back into the airport and waited patiently for my host to come pick me up.

It's been good so far and my classes are still online so I am still enjoying staying at home.
Thanks to everyone that has contributed on this platform, I learnt a lot from here.
Congrats to those who have received their PPR and to those still expecting, may it end in praise for you. Amen!!![/quote]

Congratulations... You never see cold.. Wait till real WINTER comes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ifeolu234: 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
Apologies this is coming quite late.

I am thankful to God for my approval and putting this here to be a motivation for someone else applying or that has applied already. May God grant our heart desires.

I sincerely appreciate every contribution made on this thread and the previous ones. I have been a low-key follower of this thread and basically used every info here for my application.

Timeline - First time applicant

Application - August 13
Biometrics - August 17
Upfront medical - August 25
Medical updated to pass - Sept. 8
BVL - Oct. 12
PPR - Oct. 13

Docs Submitted
Detailed SOP of about 3 pages explaining why I chose Computer Science while coming from an Electronics background
University confirmation of degree awarded - certificate is not yet ready
University transcript
GRE report
WAEC
Church recommendation letter
Employment offer/recommendation letters
Police cert.
Birth cert.
Personal CAC docs/Memorandum of Article showing shares distributions
Professional training/certifications proof
Family members birth certificates and family picture
Parents land document
Co-op letter from school

POF
Tuition deposit receipt
Personal investment letter of roughly 3k CAD with Cowrywise at time of application
MBS with high inflow/outflow but with low closing balance - I can't really remember but I read on the group that it's always good to show your personal account no matter the closing balance
Sponsor's letter of support describing the relationship, sponsor's job, the amount dedicated for my studies, and total investment net worth
Sponsor's proof of investments
Sponsor's bank statement
Sponsor's intl. passport and visa stamped passport pages
Personal pay stubs from freelance work
Screenshot of a table showing freelance projects, the amount made so far and the amount outstanding from signed contracts
Contract invoices/agreements
Past and present employment offer letters

*My Client Information and POF both have table of contents that highlight every document I attached and the pages they can be found.
*No education gap
*About 3 years of work experience interning and working professionally in the computing industry.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by porchy(m): 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Good Evening My People
Pls I need someone to reccomend a good immigration lawyer or a law firm who can help with JR.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kankanio: 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
KoinsOfLagos:
PPR came in today!

Timeline
Submitted June 6
Medicals October 5
PPR October 27

How I sent my Passport to Abuja.

I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I sent my passport to Abuja,
So I had to pay a transmission fee of NGN 8,920 to this account
CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

I bought a fresh brown envelope and added the following documents, so follow:

- Your International Passport itself (That your passport !!)

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- 2 copies of your passport data page (I printed it in colored copy)

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

For those that do not have the Biometrics paper again, your submission of your BVL(the immediate document that drops before your Original passport Letter) will do..

- The PPR letter (1 copy)

- 2 copies of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)
NOTE: I paid for 2 ways Courier at DHL and insured it to and fro

2 way courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier

CC: @gracedson

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temas: 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
The hallmark of student permit is being able to apply for PGWP after studies. Unfortunately, there has been changes to how Canada issue PGWP. Not all schools /Programs qualify for PWGP. Before you spend that millions, please check if you are on the right track. All the best

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/institutions.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 10:19pm On Oct 27, 2021
Teeprecious:
Timeline below:

my theory is right, submitting MBS makes the application faster
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2021
Please house my friend wants to go for any of this programs

Psychiatric Nursing or mental health nursing
PGD

Please which school offers this for international students.. house plleeeeeaaassse help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Keren12: 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2021
Please I need a format on how to compose a message to Mp
Temas:

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/search?caucusId=4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2021
Credit: Jaymaster18

Subject: HELP REQUIRED ON TEMPORARY RESIDENCE STUDY VISA

Dear Julie Dabrusin, MP

My name is _____ , Im a Citizen of Nigeria, i am writing this email in order to seek for your help regarding the delayed processing of my Canadian Temporary Residence Study Visa Application, i got admission for postgraduate study in_____ to study ______, My visa application was submitted online to IRCC nairobi Kenya on _____ completed, did biometrics and passed medical exam, since then i have not received any further progress on my application status, the application processing time from IRCC is 2months whereas i have waited for 4months and there is still no update being made.

I have contacted IRCC kenya numerous times via email but my concern was never addressed. May i kindly ask you to look into and address the issue as soon as possible? This delay and experience have been affecting my current life and future plans for canada.

Thank you very much, Your time and response are greatly appreciated.

My personal application details are as below,

Last name:

First name:

Date of birth:

Unique Client Identifier (UCI):

Application number:

Application processing location:

Keren12:
Please I need a format on how to compose a message to Mp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jaymaster18:

Who else dey go centennial college abeg make we try sabi ourselves

Ay!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2021
May you be favoured for sharing
All the best
Frankalvinz:
Landing gist

Day of Travel - 30th Sept
Arrival Day - 1st Sept
Flight name - Royal Dutch Airlines (Lufthanza)
Stops - Lagos -> Amsterdam -> Ontario

I arrived at the Lagos airport at 5pm against my flight of 10:45pm, none of my bags were checked because my cousin knew some of the airport officials (note that i was carrying a lot of food stuffs), i weighed my 2 luggages which were approved. I was asked for all my travel Documents, School Documents, ArriveCAN receipt and COVID19 test result. I also had to fill one yellow card stuff with my details and submit to them. After all this brouhaha, I proceeded to my Flight gate, where i waited till my flight time.

The flight from Lagos to Amsterdam was approximately 12hrs or so (can't remember), we landed in Amsterdam where i proceeded to my next gate after series of checks from airport officials. Omoh, the Wi-Fi at this airport fast die, its free and you have Unlimited usuage.

We left for Canada after 3 hrs, omoh all their food tire me. I arrived at Canada around 12pm Canadian Time (5 hour behind Nigeria), did some checks after which we proceeded to immigration officers for our official study permits. After which we went to get our luggages (these guys manhandled alot of luggages, i could not even recognize one of my luggages after passing by it 15 times).
(This part is for unvaccinated travelers)
We proceeded for the Covid19 tests (register at Switchhealth.ca to avoid the long queue). After this, you would be handed the Day 8 home test kit. Then you're free to go to your choice of quarantine.

You can change dollars to CAD at the airport when you land, just don't change everything on you cos their rates are high compared to banks.

Note;
1) Please if you can get your Covid19 shots in Nigeria before coming over, DO IT! To avoid stress.
2) Register for your SIN immediately you get your study Permit, because you will need this number if you want to work.

Throw me with your Questions, if it's something i can handle, I'd let you know. Good luck on your PPR journey!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 12:03am On Oct 28, 2021
It's a conspiracy theory. He's a second-time applicant
Aijay26:
my theory is right, submitting MBS makes the application faster
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Masterlee13: 12:14am On Oct 28, 2021
Goodday everyone, has anyone who applied for his or her study permit gotten around August gotten it. If yes I will like to ask to few questions. I don't know if we should be hopeful with this their weekly update. I believe very soon we would all smile ☺ with our Visa being approved.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankalvinz(m): 12:26am On Oct 28, 2021
sirenoel:

Thank you for sharing. I discarded that Airline after a testament of their meals.

May Canada favour you and us all.

Amen! sirnoel
Are you in Canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.