Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1213205 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Famocious(m): 10:57am On Mar 25, 2022
emeraldoe:
I have pounds. How much do u need?

Can I send you a message?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by emeraldoe(f): 11:10am On Mar 25, 2022
Famocious:

Can I send you a message?
yes
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tamp2017: 11:21am On Mar 25, 2022
BorisJohnson:

After LONG, LONG TIME. Yes. Passport was returned.
All those pay to call and pay to email "we will escalate" wait for 15 working days.Na rubbish abeg.
I pray mine will drop soon
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:47am On Mar 25, 2022
Ray7878:

Yep Amex are very good like that, I have 2 with them £8k each. A lot of people around you can recommend you once you have built up your credit profile. This is a great way to get on the property ladder too once you feel ready.

I want to be ready for the property thing in 3 years max which is why I'm trying to plan from now

Do I need to be recommended for the Amex or i can just sign up for it when I believe I'm ready?

Kindly advise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 12:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
I stopped checking eligibility on amex as it wasn't allowing me input my naija address, I've only lived here under 2years. I then went on to apply and I got the Amex CC with 6k credit limit.

Thanks for bring this amex up mamatukwas.

Now what does that annual fee of 140pounds mean please?

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
hustla:

I want to be ready for the property thing in 3 years max which is why I'm trying to plan from now

Do I need to be recommended for the Amex or i can just sign up for it when I believe I'm ready?

Kindly advise

I think you should just try applying straight
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ladimeji01: 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
mimilyrics:
Cool. If i remember correctly, your dept is around the sports centre. The drill is brutal but you'll get through.

Brutal �
Please tell me more.
And you have got ideas about the course generally, prospect in Uk and job (to remain).
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hello Elders,

Happy Friday. Please how can I call Nigeria free? Apart from WhatsApp
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
tushqueen:
I stopped checking eligibility on amex as it wasn't allowing me input my naija address, I've only lived here under 2years. I then went on to apply and I got the Amex CC with 6k credit limit.

Lovely! Congratulations!! After the first year which is free, you’ll be charged £140 annually to use the card. If you use it well though and gather points on it, it more than pays for itself so no worries there.

Enjoy.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
tushqueen:

I think you should just try applying straight

Thanks!
Will do

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
hustla:

Kindly advise

You can apply whenever you feel ready. You don’t really need anyone recommending you. But if someone does then you both get airmiles etc
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
HollyMadison:
Hello Elders,

Try botim.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
tushqueen:

Which one did you apply for ? the BA Amex I have doesnt not have any annual fee
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
tushqueen:

£140 ÷ 12 ...... You pay every year, to be a member of this exclusive club ........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
HollyMadison:
Hello Elders,

Telegram ....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Which one did you apply for ? the BA Amex I have doesnt not have any annual fee

Which one did you apply for?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2022

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/credit-cards/ba-credit-card/

You must have applied for the gold Amex card. Was that your choice or that’s the one you qualify for? Because they DO have the 0 fee ones.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ray7878:

You must have applied for the gold Amex card. Was that your choice or that’s the one you qualify for? Because they DO have the 0 fee ones.

Me ? goldcard? tufiakwa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Me ? goldcard? tufiakwa

Any particular issues with that variant?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
hustla:

Any particular issues with that variant?

the APR, annual fees ...ain't nobody got time for that

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Me ? goldcard? tufiakwa

Sorry � wrong poster. Was meant for Tushqueen.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Me ? goldcard? tufiakwa

Learnt a new thing today lol.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ray7878:

Thats common knowledge naw cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

the APR, annual fees ...ain't nobody got time for that

I am comparing The American Express® Business Gold Card and British Airways American Express® Credit Card (the one you pasted the link) on their website right now

The American Express® Business Gold Card --
Annual Fee
£175 (£0 in first year)

No Interest Charges
Just pay off your balance in full each month

========

British Airways American Express® Credit Card
No annual fee

Representative APR : 24.7% APR Variable

Assumed Borrowing : £1,200

Purchase Rate: 24.7% p.a. variable

Interesting
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Telegram ....... grin

The best for now. No voice breaking and super smooth. Whatsapp is messing up in the game right now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
hustla:

Thats common knowledge naw cheesy

I don’t know Nigerian language, learning on here and from family and friends. Lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ray7878:

I don’t know Nigerian language, learning on here and from family and friends. Lol

grin

No issues

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MISSYTOSIN(f): 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
M
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
When is say brutal, i mean exacting.
I can't say much about the prospect but I'd advise that you apply for jobs with the East Kent NHS so to give you a great start workwise.
Ladimeji01:

Brutal �
Please tell me more.
And you have got ideas about the course generally, prospect in Uk and job (to remain).

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ray7878:

Which Nigerian no know tufiakwa? U sure say u be naija, lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.