Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Catfish Farming: My Story - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farming: My Story (203383 Views)

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Investment In Catfish Farming (things you need to know) / Re: Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:15am On Jan 17, 2013
excelsiorfarm: @integrityfood,i feel for u,many hardly know about recirculatory system,i will do u a favor i.e i will send my manual to u,it cost 3K,go thru it,it will guide u a lot as per how to buy your fingerlings,feeding,how not to be dupe by sweet mouth marketers,then when u are thru & conceive,u can pay me(i dont do it for anyone), pls read my thread on businesses that can give income continually(& my post on fishery in it,it will help u a great deal),any question,i will answer.
I have sent the manal to your email box,all the best
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by integrityfood: 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
@ excelsiorfarm, thank you very much for your support and willingness to help. Are you in Lagos? Pls I will appreciate if you inbox me the article as promised. Again, I met with someone who offer to help me. he said, we need 3 tanks for sedimentation, another for bio-filter using oyster shield or beat ( am considering periwinkle shield instead of oyster shield) and the last tank for clean water to be pump back to the ponds. pls what are the chemical needed in the process?

my email is integrityfood@gmail.com
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
@integrityfood,the fish manual had being sent about 5.00am today,check yq email box,my number is 08035335647,iam based in ibadan,am on FB & Linkedin-Alamu Solomon,i will send some questions into yr email box,first relax,a mistake had happen,hence u have to be wise.Among my question is how big is d space?what work had been done already?if u hav structure,what capacity?what target fishes do u intend to raise?yr recirculatory,do u have constant light?A word of caution,dont allow anyone make u buy fingerlings
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
@integrityfood,dont allow anyone make u buy fingerlings/juveniles truly less than 8wks,a good one should attain 1kg in 4months maximum if properly chartered for,if u have kept them for Two & d half to three months & u decide to use formulated feed,make sure it is never less than 32% protein & at least 12% fishmeal to get meaningful response & result.if u can buy raanan,vitalfeed they are cheaper,but follow d alternative feeding ideas in d manual,it help save cost
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by miqos02(m): 3:09am On Jan 18, 2013
excelsiorfarm: @integrityfood,dont allow anyone make u buy fingerlings/juveniles truly less than 8wks,a good one should attain 1kg in 4months maximum if properly chartered for,if u have kept them for Two & d half to three months & u decide to use formulated feed,make sure it is never less than 32% protein & at least 12% fishmeal to get meaningful response & result.if u can buy raanan,vitalfeed they are cheaper,but follow d alternative feeding ideas in d manual,it help save cost
pls help me with this report. miqos2009@gmail.com
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:56am On Jan 18, 2013
miqos02: pls help me with this report. miqos2009@gmail.com
i sent u a mail
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:00am On Jan 18, 2013
integrityfood: @ excelsiorfarm, thank you very much for your support and willingness to help. Are you in Lagos? Pls I will appreciate if you inbox me the article as promised. Again, I met with someone who offer to help me. he said, we need 3 tanks for sedimentation, another for bio-filter using oyster shield or beat ( am considering periwinkle shield instead of oyster shield) and the last tank for clean water to be pump back to the ponds. pls what are the chemical needed in the process?

my email is integrityfood@gmail.com
You are yet to acknowledge that u received the fish manual,u know email dont fail
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by orweseta: 6:23am On Jan 18, 2013
rabzy:

Hello Fhemmmy,

i tried contacting you through the yahoomail but i did not get any reply. How are things with you. I have started my farm and i just sold some post fingerlings two days ago, i have just about 5000 pcs left. I was hoping to check out your farm and see how things run there.
i am currently using our backyard, so am thinking of getting a bigger place to raise table size fish. Can you please contact me so that we can talk about it.

As per the guy that created this topic, i have been to his farm some 8 months ago, so he actually has a farm. He explained to me that he feeds them with coppens until they are like post fingerlings size and then he feeds them with his formular which he claims to have arrived at after a couple of trials. I have met him face-to-face, he seems very sincere and he showed me the fishes he has raised for 4 months with the feeds and they were quite big like 1.2kg size, and i gave him the benefit of doubt and i bought the formular. But i have not used the formular because i have not started raising table sizes.

Bu i intend to raise 40 out of my stock to table size using his formular till around july and see what i will get.

Hi Rabzy, so after 9 months of trying out the formula from aquatic1, what did u find out? Is it as intended? Can categorically say the formula worked for u, or its just one of those things. Cos I bought the formula too and it didn't work... The stress of looking for chicken offal is killing.
I just want to know what u think, if its just me or its mutual. Thanks
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:45am On Jan 18, 2013
@orweseta,i dont know d op neither have i seen d formula,but i know, no matter d formulation given,part of what will determine d outcome or growth result in fishfarm are water management,genetic composition of d initial broodstock to say a few.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by orweseta: 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
@excelsiorfam. Ok, cos I paid for d formular too, and all the feed depot I've been to in Ijebu-Ode do not have most of d ingredients... So I kinda wonder the feasibility of d formula.. Did u buy d formula too? And it wasn't cheap to make d feeds like he claims. I don't want to sound like I'm denigrating him, I just needed someone who has used the formula to tell me if it worked for them the way it "worked" for him.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by integrityfood: 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
@Excelsoir:
Thank you very much first for the ebook and for your concern. I truly appreciate all ur labour of love for mankind here. very sorry for delayed response I did not know the message went to junk mail so I just saw it now. Concerning your questions, yes I have just roofed the building where I want to use for the business and 5 pond of 10;9 (square of 9:10ft then 4ft high).

I even need to start smoking catfish immediate to raise fun to complete my pond project as am not able to get a funding partner at the moment. I am in Ikorodu.

I do not have steady power but about 12 hours a day.

I have no knowledge of smoking fish at all so need expert advise so I will not run at a loss please. Once again, may God bless you. pls am not able to dowload the document and its not asking of a password. what should i do?
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
@orweseta,no offence,i just up d fact that fish growth is more than feed formula,if d formula is good & it isnt palatable(it is like one is joking),after about 8years in agric consult by d grace of God,i dont need to meet anyone,we can only discuss if there are new tech on fisheries or agric.so i still insist on d factors i gave b4 hand.i wrote a fish manual,but didnt put any formula because i know for d ones that can feed imported feed,they will get better result.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
@orweseta now u hav feeds that are imported feed are cheap N4300 for raanan(isreali product & they know what they are doin),vital feed,durante is there,even coppens expect u fish farmers to attain 1.2Kg in 4months & 2Kg in 6months from 8weeks fingerlings,enquire from their website.i know every has one formular or anoda,when i was broke,i fed my fishes yellow eba & i was giving them biovit(i recommended to a big consultant in calabar,and he use it) to cover 4 lack of fund for a while,but insights are differ
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by integrityfood: 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
excelsiorfarm: You are yet to acknowledge that u received the fish manual,u know email dont fail

Thank you I have receive the report. Am grateful, my comrade.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by governess: 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hello guys, I am really privileged to come across this thread. Pls I have a problem, my fishes have been dying on daily basis. They are 3 months and 1 week old n d sizes ranges from 4org to 1kg. Am using plastic ponds. Pls what could be the problem as they have been dying from diff ponds. I will really appreciate your kind responses
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
governess: Hello guys, I am really privileged to come across this thread. Pls I have a problem, my fishes have been dying on daily basis. They are 3 months and 1 week old n d sizes ranges from 4org to 1kg. Am using plastic ponds. Pls what could be the problem as they have been dying from diff ponds. I will really appreciate your kind responses
D Plastic container does not mean,how many is dying?when do u notice?how do u feed?what do they look like?how many in a tank & whats d size?
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by miqos02(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
excelsiorfarm: i sent u a mail
pls bro are u solomon S. the mail showed a failure notice. pls try send it again to miqos2009@gmail.com OR alabius2002@yahoo.com
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
miqos02: pls bro are u solomon S. the mail showed a failure notice. pls try send it again to miqos2009@gmail.com OR alabius2002@yahoo.com
i will resend d mail to yahoo email box
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by miqos02(m): 4:37am On Jan 19, 2013
excelsiorfarm: i will resend d mail to yahoo email box
ok
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by integrityfood: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2013
mine could not open beyond the first 2 pages. pls send in word format maybr my system is not upto date
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
integrityfood: mine could not open beyond the first 2 pages. pls send in word format maybr my system is not upto date
accept my apology,you are d first to ever complain,it is in pdf format because it is an ebook,sending it in word format makes my manual vulnerable to piracy,hence maybe u request your question on d platform or email,but i will it send again because i know all d pages must open
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by integrityfood: 1:52pm On Jan 19, 2013
excelsiorfarm: accept my apology,you are d first to ever complain,it is in pdf format because it is an ebook,sending it in word format makes my manual vulnerable to piracy,hence maybe u request your question on d platform or email,but i will it again because i know all d pages must open

thank you sir still awaiting the smoke fish stuff. i keep checking y email frequently. am going out of an employment though not my wish but the timing is best known to god and i do not want to be completely helpless hence i need to start the smoking first b4 my pond is ready. pls help me with this infor.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by orweseta: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
@excelsiorfarm, nice one bro, I will like to see the ebook and read also, perhaps I can gain some more from it. My email is orweseta@yahoo.com thanks bro.
And about the Ranaan feed, where can I get it to buy?.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by africkmart: 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
Hello People,
Please I need your HELP!!!!

I have a fish farm at Ikorodu, this is my first time breeding catfish, however, my fish are now ready for harvest and I do not have buyers.

Please help sister out. I have invested a lot of money in the business, raised the fish to a good size but now I do not seem to be able to find buyers.

Also, please can you tell me how much a kilo of catfish sells for? I have heard the price varies according to the size of fish (400-600 Naira per Kilo). Is this correct?

Please people, I need your help finding buyers.
Please send any useful information to africkmart@gmail.com
Thank you.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by fm7070: 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
africkmart: Hello People,
Please I need your HELP!!!!

I have a fish farm at Ikorodu, this is my first time breeding catfish, however, my fish are now ready for harvest and I do not have buyers.

Please help sister out. I have invested a lot of money in the business, raised the fish to a good size but now I do not seem to be able to find buyers.

Also, please can you tell me how much a kilo of catfish sells for? I have heard the price varies according to the size of fish (400-600 Naira per Kilo). Is this correct?

Please people, I need your help finding buyers.
Please send any useful information to africkmart@gmail.com
Thank you.

Price of catfish varies from time to time.

400g - below = 350
600g - 800g = 430-450
900g - 1.5kg = 460-480

To sell them, you have to get fish sellers nearby.
If you have a car, go to peppersoup joint and fish sellers. They will come and pack it.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2013
orweseta: @excelsiorfarm, nice one bro, I will like to see the ebook and read also, perhaps I can gain some more from it. My email is orweseta@yahoo.com thanks bro.
And about the Ranaan feed, where can I get it to buy?.
the fish manual isnt free my brother(3K),i will send a place in lagos at ikeja u can get raanan feed & number,am not an agent so is your biz,henceforth anyone seeking my support will pay a fee b4 i respond (at least it will shake off those that want to weary me out) ,
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by africkmart: 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
fm7070:

Price of catfish varies from time to time.

400g - below = 350
600g - 800g = 430-450
900g - 1.5kg = 460-480

To sell them, you have to get fish sellers nearby.
If you have a car, go to peppersoup joint and fish sellers. They will come and pack it.

Thank you for your response fm7070, I appreciate the price advice. I have been calling on fish sellers and all I get is them telling me they will come when they are ready. They are yet to come and I have about 7000 fish that are ready to harvest. I am coming to my wits end.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2013
africkmart:

Thank you for your response fm7070, I appreciate the price advice. I have been calling on fish sellers and all I get is them telling me they will come when they are ready. They are yet to come and I have about 7000 fish that are ready to harvest. I am coming to my wits end.
Relax,let me give u an idea,u can start to smoke & package catfish,if not distance i could give u d number of a company at osogbo,not to worry if u feed them,they will continue growin,next time join
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
Join CAFAN to enhance your operations & networking

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by africkmart: 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2013
excelsiorfarm: Relax,let me give u an idea,u can start to smoke & package catfish,if not distance i could give u d number of a company at osogbo,not to worry if u feed them,they will continue growin,next time join

Thank you excelsiorfarm. I will very much appreciate it if you send me the number. My email is africkmart@gmail.com
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
africkmart:

Thank you excelsiorfarm. I will very much appreciate it if you send me the number. My email is africkmart@gmail.com
Already sent d number, it wont be wise calling late at night,if they are buying,note in every biz settle yr payment terms right,all d best,also discuss with integrityfood,he said he want to start smoked fish,but has none,he is also in ikorodu,settle yr payment right(iam only introducing a need to an opportunity).
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by orweseta: 11:23pm On Jan 19, 2013
@excelsiorfarm I don't get it, u're speaking from the two sides of your mouth, in one breath u're castigating Aquatic1 for rendering his help for a fee, and was boasting about ur accomplishments! Now u're saying u want money for the manual... You should have been forthright from the beginning... Atleast Aquatic1 was and I paid him... Though I regret what I paid for.. I am not going to make the same mistake again.... No problem, I don't want ur fish manual. U can keep it for all I care and sell it to others who might be interested.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.