Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Do Real Men Cry? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do Real Men Cry? (7734 Views)

Cossy Orjiakor Says "Real Men Love Her…only ‘gays’ Hates Her" / Dating Tips For The Real Men / Can You Real Men See What The Women Are Saying About U? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Vieira(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2005
Loss of a child

watching the movie called the"champ", men that film disgraced me o!!
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by nicetohave(m): 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2005
Betrayal of trust, id cry

Suffering of others, id cry

The loss of a dear one, id cry.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by prettyH(f): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2005
Lets clap for all the real men in da house for admitting cool cheesy and shame on the fake ones rolleyes
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 12:28am On Dec 22, 2005
Hmmm! Betrayal of trust!!! That's a strong one! Yeah, a real man should cry when trust is betrayed.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 12:31am On Dec 22, 2005
Loss of a child!!! Bizzare!!! A real man should cry of course or more like wail.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 12:38am On Dec 22, 2005
@ Nicetohave: Haba! Suffering of others ke? It then means you must have become an expert at crying because suffering cannot be completely ruled out, especially in a nation like ours which is dominated by abject poverty. It is well.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by nicetohave(m): 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2005
cheesy cheesy suffering cannot be competely ruled, but it is only one who has lost all sensitivity will fail to be moved by the degree of suffering that goes on the world....i am not comparing myself to Jesus but he did not only wept at Lazarus graveside, he lamented over the desolation of Jerusalem too.....some degree of suffering will just move you, to tears
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by ijebuman(m): 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2005
Yeah real men cry but it must be dignified and not the 'wailing kind, with arms all up in the air'
I cried when i lost my dad cry
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by nicetohave(m): 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2005
accept my condolence sad
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by ijebuman(m): 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2005
nicetohave:

accept my condolence sad

thanks
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2005
ijebuman:

Yeah real men cry but it must be dignified and not the 'wailing kind, with arms all up in the air'
I cried when i lost my dad cry

Accept my condolences ijebuman.

yeah, i quite agree that a man does not really have to engage in some drama presentation just to prove a point but have you ever wondered why men cry in a dignified ( to borrow ur language ) manner?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by ijebuman(m): 2:15am On Dec 23, 2005
dablessed:

Accept my condolences ijebuman.

yeah, i quite agree that a man does not really have to engage in some drama presentation just to prove a point but have you ever wondered why men cry in a dignified ( to borrow your language ) manner?
thanks,  i don't really know why but i suppose its one of those unwritten rules in society, many people still find the sight of a grown man crying uncomfortable (especially other men)
So i think the whole dignified thing is just a macho way for men to show emotion but still show they are in control.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 2:35am On Dec 23, 2005
That's the word ijebuman! Macho! Hitting the nail on the head. Macho! Macho! Macho! Its all about the "M" word innit?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by nicetohave(m): 2:38am On Dec 23, 2005
cool smiley,

not really you know, how confident or comfortable will you feel with a man that wails more than you when there is a problem?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 3:08am On Dec 23, 2005
nicetohave:

cool smiley,

not really you know, how confident or comfortable will you feel with a man that wails more than you when there is a problem?

Not necessarily wail but some little sobs wont be bad you know? I think its romantic for a guy to cry. That is not to say he should now become a "cry baby" but at least when the need arises to express such an emotion.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by nicetohave(m): 3:09am On Dec 23, 2005
smiley cheesy why did you put up the thread dablessed? cheesy
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 3:11am On Dec 23, 2005
so we can all share our experiences and opinions on the subject matter cheesy
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by nicetohave(m): 3:12am On Dec 23, 2005
okay cheesy
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by hausachic(f): 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2006
"Real Men not crying" oh puleeeez!
Can anyone tell me what the defination of a real man is? or is it just accepted that a "himbo" is the societal defination of a real man.
My defination, i prefer not to use "real" but "good"
A good man cooks, he cleans and he changes diapers oh.... and he cries- its called being human and its also called being responsible.
Crying shouldn't be seen as a sign of weakness when a man does it but it should be seen as dignified.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Slaen: 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2006
I am baffled and confused. My fiancee cries a lot. A whole lot. I am the female. I've never known a man to show so much emotion so often. He doesn't cry over movies or the like. He cries whenever we get into a disagreement of some sort. I have no problem with men crying when warranted (death, divorce, taxes) but I'm starting to feel manipulated by it. Meanwhile, me being the female, can't cry because then he will cry. I just take it to the bathroom and turn the water on. I wish he would. Has anyone out there ever known anyone with this "condition"?

Thanks for reading this.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by fartface: 10:45am On Jan 26, 2006
oh course men cry! whats wrong with it?

i cry, sometimes, when im REALLY upset..

besides.. sometimes it releases some pain cool

real men cry, its cool tongue
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by MiuMiu: 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2006
They should. It's a good way to release stress.
but my boyfriend doesn't.
he said he hadn't cried since 13 years old..
he wants to but simply can't...he can just sigh or be silent when sad..
I'm worried about him..
sad
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:38am On Feb 23, 2006
it's human 2 cry
but a real man musnt cry openly n look soo helpless
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by babwilms(m): 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2006
REAL MEN DO CRY UNLESS HE HAS NO EYES OR HEART
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2006
Hmm
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by reniks(f): 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2006
"Do Real men cry?"Do "Real men" av emotions?If they do they could cry.I actually think its cute when a guy "sheds a couple of tears",not some serious sobbing or wailing o.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by darqly(m): 12:39pm On Mar 02, 2006
Real men Cry, I've cried. grin

Also Lost a few tears when I watched Armageddon, then Hotel Rwanda.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by depressed: 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2006
Is it ok to cry if you know you can never be with someone and it is killing you inside?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2006
Depressed, welcome to NL. You need to throw more light on your question though. Do u mean a crush or summin?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by depressed: 5:10pm On Mar 29, 2006
i cant get her out of my head and i hang out with her everyday but she just doesnt care for me?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2006
You hang out with her everyday yet she doesnt care for you? How interesting, Have u made your intentions known to her? For all you care, she probably has not caught your drift, at least not as yet,
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by depressed: 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2006
im so confused and i dont know what to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Ladies Pick Your Favorite Nairaland Husband! / Happy New Month Of September / Express Entry- Proof Of Funds For Landing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.