Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Do Real Men Cry? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do Real Men Cry? (7736 Views)

Cossy Orjiakor Says "Real Men Love Her…only ‘gays’ Hates Her" / Dating Tips For The Real Men / Can You Real Men See What The Women Are Saying About U? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Real Men Cry? by depressed: 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2006
i never really cry except when my grandparents die but this is hurting me inside.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2006
Take heart "depressed". It is well with you.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by depressed: 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2006
So do real men cry in this situation?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by chinani(f): 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2006
Yes, real men cry in this situation. I think it will help your heart to get your emotions out. Once you can experience your emotions, you can possibly move on from them. (Been there my dear.)

Also, maybe you shouldn't see her everyday. Hang out with other friends or try a new hobby. Does that sound do-able?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by 1Lola(f): 5:43pm On May 05, 2006
A REAL MAN CRIES, why should you hold back your feelings bcause society been had it that men arnt suppose to cry. I LOVE IT WHEN A MAN SHEDS A TEAR
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by eveseh(f): 1:32am On May 07, 2006
they dont,infact men aint supossed to cry
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by chinani(f): 2:03am On May 07, 2006
eveseh:

they don't,infact men aint supossed to cry
why not?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by eveseh(f): 2:06am On May 07, 2006
i dont know,but men aint have to cry,

if i see any men crying they look weak to me
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by chinani(f): 2:09am On May 07, 2006
eveseh:

i don't know,but men aint have to cry,

if i see any men crying they look weak to me
It doesn't make them weak to me. I'm just asking, how have you arrived at this conclusion?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by eveseh(f): 2:12am On May 07, 2006
chinani:

It doesn't make them weak to me. I'm just asking, how have you arrived at this conclusion?

do u have problem with my arrving on this conclusion?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by chinani(f): 4:07am On May 07, 2006
eveseh:

do u have problem with my arrving on this conclusion?
I'm just trying to follow your logic. Is that a problem?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by eveseh(f): 5:31pm On May 07, 2006
chinani:

I'm just trying to follow your logic. Is that a problem?

no,i dont think so tongue
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by lunafish(f): 5:33pm On May 07, 2006
Do real me cry?
Do real men exist?
lol.

I think that all people have the right to cry, why suppress it?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by memyself2(f): 6:45pm On May 07, 2006
i respect a guy who isnt afraid to show that he's got feelings as well, as long as he doesn't get too comfy wit cryin! lol

some time back, i had an accident, was in coma for sumtym, when my dad came to the hospital, he put a brave face in front of evryone but when it bcame too much for him, he left the hospital room and BURST in2 tears! it was my aunt who followed him and saw him(i was told) there's a real man for you! there's no shame in cryin, it helps release all your pent up emotions, so cry and be brave bout it, sorry bout your grandparents, may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by deb(m): 11:13am On May 08, 2006
Real men don't cry in public, but they cry.

Who re the un real men? men na men whether na public cry or private grin grin grin shocked
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Nia: 8:40am On May 10, 2006
I will stay away from a man who thinks he's too "macho" to cry. That can be a turn-off. Everyone should cry, we're human beings.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Vieira(m): 10:12am On May 10, 2006
me,myself:

i respect a guy who isnt afraid to show that he's got feelings as well, as long as he doesn't get too comfy wit cryin! lol

some time back, i had an accident, was in coma for sumtym, when my dad came to the hospital, he put a brave face in front of evryone but when it bcame too much for him, he left the hospital room and BURST in2 tears! it was my aunt who followed him and saw him(i was told) there's a real man for you! there's no shame in cryin, it helps release all your pent up emotions, so cry and be brave bout it, sorry bout your grandparents, may their souls rest in peace.

Very touching.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Rottweiler(m): 4:26pm On May 10, 2006
How real is the REAL MAN? If a 10year old boy doesn't cry does that make him a real man?

Since I became a man, I have cried only 3 times:

1. When I lost my dad. He was my dad. cry
2. When I lost a colleage at work. I wasn't very close to him but I cried because I was by his side on the football pitch when he slumped and life went out of him. cry
3. When my childhood friend of more than 25years died in a ghastly powerbike accident. His brains were all over the road. cry
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:28pm On May 10, 2006
Jesus Christ!! shocked shocked shocked thats horrible cry im sorry to hear that Rott kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by 2cantango(f): 4:35pm On May 10, 2006
@Rottweiler kiss

cry I'm feeling your every word cry I am so deeply sorry cry
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Rottweiler(m): 5:32pm On May 10, 2006
@Rhodalyn
@2cantango

Thanks good people. I pray that we don't cry 'cos of sorrow. If we have to, it should be for joy.

Best regards.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by memyself2(f): 6:00pm On May 10, 2006
Rottweiler:

How real is the REAL MAN? If a 10year old boy doesn't cry does that make him a real man?

Since I became a man, I have cried only 3 times:

1. When I lost my dad. He was my dad. cry
2. When I lost a colleage at work. I wasn't very close to him but I cried because I was by his side on the football pitch when he slumped and life went out of him. cry
3. When my childhood friend of more than 25years died in a ghastly powerbike accident. His brains were all over the road. cry

this is horrible, may their souls rest in peace(amen)
God probably had a reason and he know best. so sorry.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by smartsoft(m): 6:15am On Jul 04, 2006
no cos you never see wetin go make u cry.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by eveseh(f): 6:45am On Jul 04, 2006
lol
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Whattheh: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2006
In response to some of these other responses.

and i quote " Real men don't cry in public" What exactly is that suppost to mean? Is it okay for a women to cry in public?
It's just the way people have been brought up. I personally have missed out on a few important points from my dad, and yes sometimes i do cry, it's not my fault that he neglected to mention important facts to me, go blame the older generation.
Oh and BTW the way if you think it is OK for a female to cry in public but not a male, are you sure you weren't part of that older generation?

Get with the times.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Whattheh: 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2006
In response to

depressed

Re: Do Real Men Cry?
« #96 on: March 29, 2006, 05:18 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i never really cry except when my grandparents die but this is hurting me inside.

Stop being a attention LovePeddler, and go shed a tear, why did you even post this post in here?, if it hurts inside go have a cry, jesus christ.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Teezy(f): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2006
What_the_h:

Stop being a attention LovePeddler, and go shed a tear, why did you even post this post in here?, if it hurts inside go have a cry, jesus christ.

Dude that was harsh! shocked
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by WesleyanA(f): 4:18am On Aug 09, 2006
In some countries, yes.
In amerikkka (and a few other countries), no.

so it all depends on your environment, upbringing, social/cultural perceptions. lol
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by jaybaby(f): 3:07am On Oct 22, 2006
yea they do
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by oyinsuzie(f): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2006
Yes, men that have feeling.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Free(f): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2006
yes real men cry

becus even men go through problems sometime
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2006
bupace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Ladies Pick Your Favorite Nairaland Husband! / Happy New Month Of September / Express Entry- Proof Of Funds For Landing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.