Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? (35335 Views)

N100k Monthly Job In The Village Or N150k Job In The City / NYSC Or A N80,000 Monthly Job Offer, Which Should I Go For? / Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Relocate To New Zealand For Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Emmacy001: 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
For you to choose any one ,you have to consider two factors.
1. The nature of the work given to you.
2. Why are you travelling outside.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by VanuatuWycombe: 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2021
smatt1711:
If I earn 400k monthly in Nigeria, I won't leave this country, is always better here when you have money, the problem is if you don't have money you will suffer...

pleas i have cheap laptops for Bet9ja shop,schools and offices (also good for personal use) ...from 30k up...all fuctions working perfectelly with warranty ...call or whatsapp .0.9.0*1105**57**58 , lets deal

I give you six months to collect N400k consecutively and you would discover you need more money. N400k is too small to build a future on in Nigeria. You will feed well and be able to buy basic things though but it doesn’t take you far, especially if you live in big cities where you can earn that N400k. Ask people earning it and they will tell you.

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by kokoboy4life(m): 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
VanuatuWycombe:

I give you six months to collect N400k consecutively and you would discover you need more money. N400k is too small to build a future on in Nigeria. You will feed well and be able to buy basic things though but it doesn’t take you far, especially if you live in big cities where you can earn that N400k. Ask people earning it and they will tell you.

That mean millions of Nigerians do not have a future, because small fraction of Nigeria population earn such amount of money as basic salary.

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Endy0018(m): 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
Where is the job first? With the job I can get the visa
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by aigbokiejohnson(m): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2021
Please waka with the visa. This hellish country has lost her worth.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Ikea81: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
Oga come and take my 600k work and give me the visa. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by legacystore: 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2021
Speeddial:
The American visa is ready and having a job that pay $400 monthly.

Take the American visa and travel to the US? Or stay in Nigeria and take 400k monthly permanent Job.

Which option is best?

400k convert it to dollars n sense will fall on you grin
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by 4front(m): 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
Oga,japaaa
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by VanuatuWycombe: 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2021
TripleOh7:
What kind of life will you live working for $200/month. Accomodations, feeding, transportation etc.

Maybe you'll be able to get a second job to complement that one, otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

Also, 400k per month may not be much in Lagos, but it is manageable.

He will be able to get another job, for sure. He can even leave this one and work at order fulfillment centers like Amazon. They pay at least $15 per hour.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by VanuatuWycombe: 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
FarinJini:
I'm not disputing it sir. 9ja is pretty messed up at the moment but with the options the op gave, 400k here is better. You pay little or no tax unlike in the US. Plus you can't compare the cost of living. A decent apartment that'll cost 150-200k in a year here can cost more than 400 dollars in a month there. With a better job in the US, we wouldn't even be having this conversation... Everybody go move but the 400 dollars there against 400k naira here isn't it.

He would see someone that would host him for the time being. It is when you are set to travel that you will know you have people abroad.
Life in the US is better experienced than imagined.

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by kunle75(m): 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
Speeddial:

Take the American visa and travel to the US? Or stay in Nigeria and take 400k monthly permanent Job.

Which option is best?

I was in the same shoes 4yrs ago,I choose the latter and no regrets whatsoever, don't ask how but am better off now

2 Likes

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Suntemi(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
smatt1711:
If I earn 400k monthly in Nigeria, I won't leave this country, is always better here when you have money, the problem is if you don't have money you will suffer...

pleas i have cheap laptops for Bet9ja shop,schools and offices (also good for personal use) ...from 30k up...all fuctions working perfectelly with warranty ...call or whatsapp .0.9.0*1105**57**58 , lets deal

I used to think like you. When you start earning the 400k, you will understand better
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by credon: 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
Speeddial:

Which option is best?
The problem is,how long will the 400k job last, so is the visa and what will you be doing in the USA so as to avoid deportation. So, if the 400k job I a government job, Good; if your visa can earn you citizenship or work permit, Good. Just weight them
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by VanuatuWycombe: 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2021
kokoboy4life:

That mean millions of Nigerians do not have a future, because small fraction of Nigeria population earn such amount of money as basic salary.

I am telling you the truth. Wait and let the new Petroleum Act take effect and fuel subsidies fully removed. More so, wait for NEPA (I don’t call it by its new name) to increase electricity tariff.
The OP would be going home with only nearly N320k after tax and pension. That’s if he doesn’t take loan which would be deductible monthly.

Once he is married with at least a child, it would be dawned on him that he is sitting on a loonnnggg thing.

Nobody in less developed states in Nigeria earns up to that except our: professors, medical consultants, members of State House of Assembly. Most employees in those less developed states steal from their various offices.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by VanuatuWycombe: 6:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
FarinJini:
I'm not disputing it sir. 9ja is pretty messed up at the moment but with the options the op gave, 400k here is better. You pay little or no tax unlike in the US. Plus you can't compare the cost of living. A decent apartment that'll cost 150-200k in a year here can cost more than 400 dollars in a month there. With a better job in the US, we wouldn't even be having this conversation... Everybody go move but the 400 dollars there against 400k naira here isn't it.

He cannot be captured by the US tax net for now because he is like an undocumented immigrant since his name is not in their Labour database. So he will spend is $400 to improve himself while squatting somewhere. I am sure when his name is mentioned as an outstanding Nigerian in some years to come, you would be part of those that would be proud of him being a Nigerian.

Nigeria is DAAB (Dead And Awaiting Burial).
So if you are given one day visa, abeg use the opportunity o. The US is multi trillion dollar economy with over 500 million inhabitants. The opportunity is huge there than here.

For accommodation, if it’s Lagos, you can’t get a DECENT apartment at N150k even if it is a room self contained. A room sef con that is decent starts from 500k in Lagos mainland. There are even those that go for 700k. Quote me anywhere. I have firsthand info on them.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by kenrisma535(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
Leave for the United States. Houlry rate is 15 dollars. Monthly rate is 2250 dollars.. Apply for a visa ... Not only are you getting this much wages but you're getting a free accommodation, a free insurance and all health or medical costs are covered... That's not all... Your unborn child's gonna get a free education. Nigeria is corrupt and shite.
Speeddial:

Which option is best?

2 Likes

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Fantazy(m): 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
So when you get to the US what will you be doing?

Just give me the job here abeg.
My country, my pride!
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by sisisioge: 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2021
Americaaaaa ooooo.....400k is still peanut!
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by chinweasaa(f): 7:51pm On Sep 01, 2021
Keep asking till someone else collect that Visa
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Clinghton: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
Let's not consider the salary, but the economy of both countries economy affects your income?
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Gfskw: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
Anywhere
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by FarinJini: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2021
VanuatuWycombe:

He cannot be captured by the US tax net for now because he is like an undocumented immigrant since his name is not in their Labour database. So he will spend is $400 to improve himself while squatting somewhere. I am sure when his name is mentioned as an outstanding Nigerian in some years to come, you would be part of those that would be proud of him being a Nigerian.

Nigeria is DAAB (Dead And Awaiting Burial).
So if you are given one day visa, abeg use the opportunity o. The US is multi trillion dollar economy with over 500 million inhabitants. The opportunity is huge there than here.

For accommodation, if it’s Lagos, you can’t get a DECENT apartment at N150k even if it is a room self contained. A room sef con that is decent starts from 500k in Lagos mainland. There are even those that go for 700k. Quote me anywhere. I have firsthand info on them.
So you'd prefer squatting in the US to owning your own place here? Of course I'll celebrate an outstanding Nigerian but would you celebrate a criminal who is a Nigerian? Being broke and indebted in the US will only push one into criminal activities.
For accommodation, yes you can't get a decent one for 150k in some parts of Lagos but u can in many other parts of the country but in US how far? Can you? You can but it's definitely not for a year. And the type of houses you get for 500-700k in lag that you talked about will cost you more than double the amount in the US.

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by VanuatuWycombe: 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
FarinJini:
So you'd prefer squatting in the US to owning your own place here? Of course I'll celebrate an outstanding Nigerian but would you celebrate a criminal who is a Nigerian? Being broke and indebted in the US will only push one into criminal activities.
For accommodation, yes you can't get a decent one for 150k in some parts of Lagos but u can in many other parts of the country but in US how far? Can you? You can but it's definitely not for a year. And the type of houses you get for 500-700k in lag that you talked about will cost you more than double the amount in the US.

He will change job. It’s just for him to get into the US. I have people whose cases were worse than his. They are extremely fine today. Nigeria is a sheeethol. I have worked and earned well above 900k per month in Nigeria and have experienced the other side too. The gap is like the one between Pluto and the earth. Don’t let our people in the US scare you. 99% of them who are discouraging the OP can’t come to live in Nigeria again. They are hypocrites. It’s because our people are too free here and can do and undo since our laws don’t work, that’s why they feel too comfortable leaving their comfort zones.

Have you read about a Nigerian who has not even become governor of Ekiti State and has started bragging about being the incoming governor of Ekiti state because he was asked to observe Covid 19 protocols aboard KLM? He was thrown off the plane by common air hostess and police was called to arrest him.
That’s the kind of live most Nigerians want to lead. We love to be lawless.

Yankee is one trillion times better than Nigeria. A lot of Nigerians who entered on visit visa still work and change their visa status later.

1 Like

Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Yaks02(m): 12:35am On Sep 02, 2021
Speeddial:

Which option is best?

How u take run d U.S visa and how much?
I fit do am 4 any amount
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Yoighaman(m): 3:37am On Sep 02, 2021
revolt:
I just laugh at clueless posts like this. The blind leafing the blind. Both places have advantages and disadvantages. It's true that you make more money WITH HARDWORK in the u.s i.e standing for 10 hrs... no time to gist ... just work work work... but more importantly it's practically impossible to save in the u.s especially as an uber driver. The bills pour in like tsunami.
Food is cheap.... hehehe... thats the Trojan horse they sell to you. 5he pharmaceutical companies own the food production lines, so the GMO foods are packed with fat, sugar, cholesterol salt and insidious substances to make you sick and without the relevant nutrients. So you may see apples the size of coconuts packed with sugar and little vitamin C or you eat chicken that's been grown / dipped in steroids within 2 years you're being diagnosed of cancer or diabetes or heart disease. As for the children born ...they're quick to vaccinate them with hundred of vaxcines.. Those kids hardly grow up healthy with underlying diseases and autism in a lot of cases. If you're black the healthcare system is your number one enemy. They never treat you completely and even try to give you more complications so you keep coming back... because heathcare is paid by insurance. Its an iteration process. The drugs are weaker than what you get in naija for a start you can't even get simple anti biotics except you go see a doctor which will be billed from your insurance .. the doctor has to diagnose and make sure you always keep coming back. That's capitalism. Then they poison the foods to control populations ie by zipcode the big retail marts are used to destroy populations by sterilizing people via the foods. So yhe real people that enjoy u.s ate those that come here work for about 6 months then go back to naija and convert their funds to naira.
As for women... loneliness wan kill them here. Men do not want to marry. Sez is even more difficult here npt just because the girls all want 6 figure earning men but more importantly you touch a girl ghost her and the next day you are accused of rape and your life destroyed infact God saved me once while in school a chic was making advances on me I dulled cos I had other options and wasn't really reciprocating even after she'd invested me to her house 3 times(her 5 kids..YES ..5 were asleep as she claimed ). This devilish chic.. fone chic... went and filled a sexual harassment case against me and identity theft ie she didn't feel safe with me in the school. I faced a panel and my saving grace were all the text messages she'd been sending me. She went Scott free. Marry at your peril in u.s for sure as a man. A worse mistake is to bring a girl from naija to marry here ....heheheeheheh. ... Doom.
As compared to naija where you deal with the high class girl most guys here have to deal with the most toxic women on the planet lol. You buy a house and yet don't really own it as you have to keep paying the taxes WHICH IF you or your kids miss will be taken immediately.. There's a big smoke screen about the u.s.

The things that make us tick in nigeria are impossible to get in the u.s. You'd be shocked at how much freedom you have at work. You gist play etc. Cherish that beer parlor lol.. loud music. Suya... and most importantly the NATURAL food which we eat. That's why our immune systems are a million times more powerful than the average person in the u.s. You can buy land and it belongs to your generations. Our Healthcare is terrible but most of the population do not require them cos we're quite a healthy population as compared to the u.s. Though this buhari govt has really Decimated nigeria but I know the moment the dullardeen leaves things will get better..

Both ends have yhe advantages and disadvantages. If you actually get a job that pays 400k omo.... stay back in naija then visit the u.s and flex then go back. Give birth to your kids here so they can be citizens and raise them back in naija.

Nice post.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Yoighaman(m): 3:44am On Sep 02, 2021
ajl:

Though you give a very extreme view about the USA, but as someone who live here, I won't say I do not have or share some of your sentiments. USA extreme capitalism is evil. If I remove the constant power supply, running water, quality healthcare and education, and modern infrastructure, then one has no business here except if you have young kids. However, as someone who just returned from a trip to Nija some days ago, living in Nigeria is like being in an open-air psychiatry with extreme chaos and disorder that make one wonder if indeed Nigerians are human. Maybe it's better in other state aside from Lagos. Extremely poor roads, flood even in areas with expensive properties, no drainage. I hate complaining about Nija but it seem to be in another "world". And in the midst of all that madness, what most of the vibrant youths care about is BBNaija.

Well said.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by tonyson010(m): 6:34am On Sep 02, 2021
Anazp:
when you caculate rent or mortgage payments plus other expenses food, car payments, taxes, entertainments and if you have kids their welfare and all you will realise that making 4k dollars monthly is thrash

That means cost of living in US is very high. In the man's case, I think accommodation and kid's welfare r out of it. Nobody can pay for accommodation, feeding n utilities from $400 monthly salary.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 02, 2021
VanuatuWycombe:

He will be able to get another job, for sure. He can even leave this one and work at order fulfillment centers like Amazon. They pay at least $15 per hour.

Ok. If it's that easy to get such jobs in the US.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by Charly500(m): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
to be honest, several things in nigeria are going from bad to worse, that is why it is advisable to leave this country if you are capable of leaving please.
Re: ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? by planetx: 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
kenrisma535:
Leave for the United States. Houlry rate is 15 dollars. Monthly rate is 2250 dollars.. Apply for a visa ... Not only are you getting this much wages but you're getting a free accommodation, a free insurance and all health or medical costs are covered... That's not all... Your unborn child's gonna get a free education. Nigeria is corrupt and shite.
Where in America do you get free accommodation, free insurance and free healthcare? So I can tell my people over there especially for someone that came on a visitor Visa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.