Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! (6925 Views)

Group Blasts Oshiomhole Over CBN Illegal Recruitment And Shameful Statements. / Bailout: Osinbajo, NGF Chairman Meet Over CBN Loan / There Were Two Attempts On My Life Over Cbn Governorship - Dr. Obadiah Mailafia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by maclatunji: 7:24am On May 27, 2011
Most of you folks have a problem of basic comprehension and some of you are just being hypocrites. Sanusi has told you that he is just implementing what Soludo and other top Christian officials had developed as policy for Islamic banking and here you are protesting out of jealousy, fear and hate. @virgo, you are the one seeking to prove you are intellectually superior. I have debated this topic without letting the world know of my profession and literary achievements in terms of publications. In fact, you are the only person who has talked of being a Lawyer and writing books, what has that got to do with the topic if not for showing off? You are just one big pretender who is trapped in her myopia. Laughing at LLV- Lady- Lawyer Virgo.
Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by koruji(m): 7:38am On May 27, 2011
@maclatunji
Everything is jealousy with you. Sigh!

What is he going to say now, when they were hiding the nonsense in the "Glossary".

Thank God for those paying attention otherwise nobody would have noticed such cunning. And then we will all pay for it at the end of the day.
Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by virgo(f): 12:14pm On May 27, 2011
maclatunji:

Most of you folks have a problem of basic comprehension and some of you are just being hypocrites. Sanusi has told you that he is just implementing what Soludo and other top Christian officials had developed as policy for Islamic banking and here you are protesting out of jealousy, fear and hate. @virgo, you are the one seeking to prove you are intellectually superior. I have debated this topic without letting the world know of my profession and literary achievements in terms of publications. In fact, you are the only person who has talked of being a Lawyer and writing books, what has that got to do with the topic if not for showing off? You are just one big pretender who is trapped in her myopia. Laughing at LLV- Lady- Lawyer Virgo.

Oh my, did I hurt your feelings by stating my profession or literary achievement? grin

If you want, please show off too. You are the one who came boasting how an "Arab" taught Rome accounting. You didn't know then that you were digressing. Lol! You are such a comedian. And please tell me what pretending has to do with anything. You are so jaded to believe that everyone else with a contrary opinion is either close minded, unintelligent or jealous. SMH

Talking about "being trapped in myopia", shocked. If you want to see a myopic, sentimental little boy filled with his own importance, look in the mirror. grin
Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by maclatunji: 5:03pm On May 27, 2011
Why should I be hurt be your achievements. Not everybody wants to be a lawyer and as for your publishing books or being an author, don't make me laugh too much. However, adding your academic or professional qualifications to this argument is like missing an open net like Yakubu (sorry man). It only shows how shallow you are.

virgo:

Oh my, did I hurt your feelings by stating my profession or literary achievement?  grin

If you want, please show off too. You are the one who came boasting how an "Arab" taught Rome accounting. You didn't know then that you were digressing. Lol! You are such a comedian. And please tell me what pretending has to do with anything. You are so jaded to believe that everyone else with a contrary opinion is either close minded, unintelligent or jealous. SMH

Talking about "being trapped in myopia",  shocked. If you want to see a myopic, sentimental little boy filled with his own importance, look in the mirror.   grin

Obviously, you do not understand the difference between the word "Arab" and "Arabs", the 's' there has no meaning to you because to you only one man can completely represent a single culture. You are getting to a point that is beyond help. Now after you have gotten the Arab[b]s[/b] message add Muslims to it, you will get Arab Muslims.

Now, After the Islamic conquest of Persia, Baghdad became the centre of scientific studies and trade, and many merchants and scientists from as far as China and India traveled to this city, as did Al-Khwārizmī. He worked in Baghdad as a scholar at the House of Wisdom established by Caliph al-Maʾmūn, where he studied the sciences and mathematics, which included the translation of Greek and Sanskrit scientific manuscripts (Ehen, that is what you have been saying abi? Why didn't anybody else "merely" translate it into their language and write the book? Sebi it is as simple as anything you can imagine)?

Now under whose government and influence did Al-Khwārizmī gain the knowledge to bring Algebra to the Muslim and Roman Catholic Church? It was the Arab Muslims, so get that into your head and let it settle there nicely. With all your bad-belle, 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 are still called Arabic numerals (I urge you to go to court and have that changed too).

You are impaired by intellectual myopia
So, if I diss a Mama
It isn't Africa

Showing-off is not my style, so keep your shallowness to your self.  Whilst we bring valid points you are busy singing your praises. The Vatican endorses Islamic banking and myopic Virgo is still arguing the point (She needs help):

Vatican offers Islamic finance system to Western Banks
The Vatican says Islamic finance system may help Western banks in crisis as alternative to capitalistm.

The Vatican offered Islamic finance principles to Western banks as a solution for worldwide economic crisis.

Daily Vatican newspaper, 'L'Osservatore Romano, reported that Islamic banking system may help to overcome global crisis, Turkish media reported.
The Vatican said banks should look at the ethical rules of Islamic finance to restore confidence amongst their clients at a time of global economic crisis.

"The ethical principles on which Islamic finance is based may bring banks closer to their clients and to the true spirit which should mark every financial service," the Vatican's official newspaper Osservatore Romano said in an article in its latest issue late yesterday.

Author Loretta Napoleoni and Abaxbank Spa fixed income strategist, Claudia Segre, say in the article that "Western banks could use tools such as the Islamic bonds, known as sukuk, as collateral". Sukuk may be used to fund the "'car industry or the next Olympic Games in London," they said.

They also said that profit share, gained from sukuk, may be an alternative to the interest. They underlined that sukuk system could help automotive sector and support investments in infrastructure area.

Islamic sukuk system is similar to bonos of capitalist system. But in sukuk, money is invested concrete projects and profit share is distributed to clients instead of interest earned.

Pope Benedict XVI in an Oct. 7 speech reflected on crashing financial markets saying that "money vanishes, it is nothing" and concluded that "the only solid reality is the word of God." The Vatican has been paying attention to the global financial meltdown and ran articles in its official newspaper that criticize the free-market model for having "grown too much and badly in the past two decades."

The Osservatore's editor, Giovanni Maria Vian, said that "the great religions have always had a common attention to the human dimension of the economy," Corriere della Sera reported today.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/index.php?aType=haberArchive&ArticleID=37814

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy wink grin
Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by virgo(f): 4:45pm On May 28, 2011
maclatunji:

Why should I be hurt be your achievements. Not everybody wants to be a lawyer and as for your publishing books or being an author, don't make me laugh too much. However, adding your academic or professional qualifications to this argument is like missing an open net like Yakubu (sorry man). [b]It only shows how shallow you are.
[/b]

Obviously, you do not understand the difference between the word "Arab" and "Arabs", the 's' there has no meaning to you because to you only one man can completely represent a single culture. You are getting to a point that is beyond help. Now after you have gotten the Arab[b]s[/b] message add Muslims to it, you will get Arab Muslims.

Now, After the Islamic conquest of Persia, Baghdad became the centre of scientific studies and trade, and many merchants and scientists from as far as China and India traveled to this city, as did Al-Khwārizmī. He worked in Baghdad as a scholar at the House of Wisdom established by Caliph al-Maʾmūn, where he studied the sciences and mathematics, which included the translation of Greek and Sanskrit scientific manuscripts (Ehen, that is what you have been saying abi? Why didn't anybody else "merely" translate it into their language and write the book? Sebi it is as simple as anything you can imagine)?

Now under whose government and influence did Al-Khwārizmī gain the knowledge to bring Algebra to the Muslim and Roman Catholic Church? It was the Arab Muslims, so get that into your head and let it settle there nicely. With all your bad-belle, [b]0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 are still called Arabic numerals (I urge you to go to court and have that changed too).
[/b]
You are impaired by intellectual myopia
So, if I diss a Mama
It isn't Africa

Showing-off is not my style, so keep your shallowness to your self.  Whilst we bring valid points you are busy singing your praises. The Vatican endorses Islamic banking and myopic Virgo is still arguing the point ([b]She needs help):
[/b]
Vatican offers Islamic finance system to Western Banks
The Vatican says Islamic finance system may help Western banks in crisis as alternative to capitalistm.

The Vatican offered Islamic finance principles to Western banks as a solution for worldwide economic crisis.

Daily Vatican newspaper, 'L'Osservatore Romano, reported that Islamic banking system may help to overcome global crisis, Turkish media reported.
The Vatican said banks should look at the ethical rules of Islamic finance to restore confidence amongst their clients at a time of global economic crisis.

"The ethical principles on which Islamic finance is based may bring banks closer to their clients and to the true spirit which should mark every financial service," the Vatican's official newspaper Osservatore Romano said in an article in its latest issue late yesterday.

Author Loretta Napoleoni and Abaxbank Spa fixed income strategist, Claudia Segre, say in the article that "Western banks could use tools such as the Islamic bonds, known as sukuk, as collateral". Sukuk may be used to fund the "'car industry or the next Olympic Games in London," they said.

They also said that profit share, gained from sukuk, may be an alternative to the interest. They underlined that sukuk system could help automotive sector and support investments in infrastructure area.

Islamic sukuk system is similar to bonos of capitalist system. But in sukuk, money is invested concrete projects and profit share is distributed to clients instead of interest earned.

Pope Benedict XVI in an Oct. 7 speech reflected on crashing financial markets saying that "money vanishes, it is nothing" and concluded that "the only solid reality is the word of God." The Vatican has been paying attention to the global financial meltdown and ran articles in its official newspaper that criticize the free-market model for having "grown too much and badly in the past two decades."

The Osservatore's editor, Giovanni Maria Vian, said that "the great religions have always had a common attention to the human dimension of the economy," Corriere della Sera reported today.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/index.php?aType=haberArchive&ArticleID=37814

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy wink grin

1- Lol. Laugh all you want. People read my book, poems, and newspaper articles, but all you are is a NLander arguing relentlessly over nothing. Like I said, you digressed first. So, hello Yakubu grin Lol, I love your sense of humour.

2- Do you have a problem separating Islam from the term "Arab?", ehn Ibn Mactunji. Khwarizmi was Persian. Simple, straight and short. Arabs conquered already advanced civilizations most times through serious bloodshed and used their knowledge to develop their own civilization. You really need to slow your Arab self down,

3- Why the whole drama? My point is he translated works of other civilization into Arabic, no? Whether it is easy for anyone else to have translated it is beyond the point.

4- 1234567890 are called Hindu Arabic numerals not Arabic numerals (Please do some research yourself and let it settle into your own head nicely). Please note again the "Hindu" influence on Arabic mathematics. Translation- copy!

5- Your attempt at poetry is quite poor.  smiley

6- Showing off? I am a lawyer, writer, poet, and novelist. So there, want more? Shallow? You are doing a good job giving a new meaning to the word. And who's "we"? Stop looking for foot soldiers. Argue with a woman like a man. Silly!

7- Oh dear, how many times will I tell you that "holy men" preach what they don't practice. Will the Vatican ever want to practice Islamic banking in its own small "kingdom?" (I think you already know the answer to that).

wink wink wink kiss kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin grin
Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by virgo(f): 8:17pm On May 28, 2011
@Maclatunji, while you are still caught in the throes of Arabprehnia, can you please list at least one achievement of an African? Some of you black religious fanatics are just downright amusing. FYI, you are just an "abeed" to an Arab Muslim, just as a black Christian is simply a Nigger to a European Christian. Ask Kola Boof, she lived as an "Abeed lan Sharmuta" according to Osama's first wife.

I took you on because you derailed from the topic, and started reveling in something that has no connection to your ancestral roots or history. Unlike you, I do not follow religion slavishly. Spirituality is one thing, religion is another. Besides ALL RELIGIONS ARE JUST FREAKING COPY CATS.

I have pointed it out to you over and over that Islamic Scholars learned from other religions and civilizations too, but you continue to engage me in worthless drivel. There is NO RELIGION OR CULTURE THAT HAS EXISTED IN THE HISTORY OF THE HUMAN RACE THAT HAS NOT BORROWED, COPIED OR EVEN APED A PRE-EXISTING RELIGION OR CULTURE. JUDAISM, ISLAM, AND CHRISTIANITY ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. I might not be religious, but hey if you are why not give other religions their props as well because for all you know, they also contributed to your own religion. Blacks sometimes are like sheep that baa pitifully at their master's command. SMH

In all, you have taken enough pains to become more Arab than the Imam in Mecca. I am happy for you, but please next time, stick to the topic and leave out the "my G-d is better than your G-d" blabber. All humans are searching a way to G-d, and if we all believed that he/she was exclusively ours as well as his/her "paradise". Then, millions of other good, loving and kind people of different faiths, cultures and tribes are destined for hell. And that my brother, is not correct.
Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by maclatunji: 5:26pm On May 29, 2011
Yawns, I have no time to read all that LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!

Anyway, to show you that there is nothing personal here take this gift from me and enjoy your reign as the Queen of whatever you think you are.

Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by virgo(f): 5:40pm On May 29, 2011
maclatunji:

Yawns, I have no time to read all that LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!

Anyway, to show you that there is nothing personal here take this gift from me and enjoy your reign as the Queen of whatever you think you are.

LOL. Typical, typical, typical. But then, its not like you digested anything of what had been said before, so you not reading my last post makes no difference. Like you said, no hard feelings. BTW, I am not a fan of teddy bears. smiley
Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by maclatunji: 5:55pm On May 29, 2011
You like Monsters then

Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by virgo(f): 6:13pm On May 29, 2011
maclatunji:

You like Monsters then

smiley smiley smiley Whatever,
Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by maclatunji: 6:17pm On May 29, 2011
No doubt, we will clash again some other time, until then, TTFN!
Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by virgo(f): 6:25pm On May 29, 2011
maclatunji:

No doubt, we will clash again some other time, until then, TTFN!

Lol. I hear you. cool
Re: Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! by oiseworld: 11:35pm On May 31, 2011
pls leave sanusi alone, let us allow him to carry out his bias policies to the fullest. we all know that every dog has its day. his, will soon come. you know how God exposses the devices of the crafty, and allow them to fall into their own pit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

External Reserves Hit $47bn / Ekene Dili Chukwu Is Dead / Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.