Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD (12004 Views)

85% Doctors Planning To Leave Nigeria, Says NARD / Replace Striking Doctors With Corpers - Ehanire, Minister Of Health To Hospitals / NMA, NARD Threaten To Withdraw Services Over Invitation Of Chinese Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Itgeo: 7:26am On Sep 03, 2021
The policy is there, soits not new. Govt as we speak owe other health workers 2 months salary cos of the same no work no pay policy for the strike theu emabarked on in 2018.

It will be unfair to pay the doctors when you still bolding onto the salaries of other workers in the same ministry.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by philkoms: 7:27am On Sep 03, 2021
akanbiaa:
Hmmmm

Both parties are right ,the doctors deserve better and the employers should not pay for services not rendered during strike so as not to encourage others to use any dispute to go on strike and get paid for not working while making money in private practice , My advice for doctors is why not render services in line with oat instead of outright strike and my advice for employer is to be transparent with the doctors to let them know what they can afford to pay and reason together on acceptable terms while working towards getting better pay.
Thank u my brother for this analysis.the blame is actually both ways.The best nation in the world are built by patriots,It does not matter whether you are a leader or follower.I saw this clearly when Trump was pushing for America first agenda.The problem with us here is that many of our leaders and followers as well are not patriotic enough to build d nation hence we get kind of nation we deserve.

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by biyams83(m): 7:27am On Sep 03, 2021
[None among health workers in Nigeria receive August salaries is not only resident Doctors see what they've caused usquote author=adenigga post=105438940]
Source: https://punchng.com/Striking-doctors-salaries-withheld-says-NARD
[/quote]
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Sirjamo: 7:27am On Sep 03, 2021
Modrov:

Your goverment refused to pay them a decent wage, and provide decent facilities, and in many instances refuse to pay them for months on end, and you expect them to keep on working?

You BMC guys are just like the PDP guys.
They stay at home to demand for their right, the services government employed them to render has been abandoned and you expect them to be payed? Can you pay a worker that has refused to work, especially when the court has directed that he should go back to work?

2 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Toni19: 7:27am On Sep 03, 2021
Gosj001:
Omo, this is serious! But why are the doctors treated like this??

No be only doctors dey work, other health professionals too are working and no mean say government has done everything for them.

Oya I need a laptop that is affordable..

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on my signature
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by AdeniyiA(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
Wicked government.

Pay us our salary: mbah
Oya allow us attend Saudi interview in Abuja so we can japa: Mbah

What is good about this government?
Can someone tell me just one thing?

Yes, there are good things, I will give u the three topmost good things about this government...

Number 1---- NOTHING
Number 2 - - - NOTHING
Number 3 - - - NOTHING

You see.... You can confirm these anywhere cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by sinkhole: 7:29am On Sep 03, 2021
These doctors never know anything cheesy
They should go and seek survival advice from ASUU members. ASUU's salaries were witheld, by Buhari, for good ten(10) months but ASUU never buckled wink
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by lebienconnu: 7:29am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:
grin Awesome! if they like let them all go to Saudi Arabia or fcking forcefully take them all away to north Korea for reeducation. They're filling like they're not Nigerian because of cramming drugs name and guessing symptoms and diseases. I prefer google to fcking mediocre Nigerian doctors

I agree with you.
You can even google how to do caeseran section, how to manage primary post partum haemorrhage etc

3 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 7:30am On Sep 03, 2021
Sirjamo:
You refused to work but you want to be paid

Did you ask ursef why they refuse to work?

If govt fulfilled their part and nard refused to work, then u withold their salary.

Don't mislead nairalander

5 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by alwayzonlyn(m): 7:31am On Sep 03, 2021
Sirjamo:
You refused to work but you want to be paid

BMC spotted!
"He that comes to equity must come with clean hands"

How about paying up the salaries/allowances they already owed these Doctors & fulfilling their part of the agreement they earlier signed with them
If after doing these and the Doctors refused to return back to work, then the government will be JUSTIFIED to withhold their salaries at this time!

A government that's quick to punish her citizens for speaking out against injustice, but remain adamant & non-challant about her basic responsibility such as payment of salaries, keeping her side of agreements signed with trade unions etc...

2 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by xreal: 7:37am On Sep 03, 2021
Members of ARD will eventually be paid.

I mean, they will be paid for the period of time they all were on strike.

Unfortunately, they will not come here to tell us that they have been paid eventually.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by ceaser: 7:38am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:
grin Awesome! if they like let them all go to Saudi Arabia or fcking forcefully take them all away to north Korea for reeducation. They're filling like they're not Nigerian because of cramming drugs name and guessing symptoms and diseases. I prefer google to fcking mediocre Nigerian doctors

You have a very obvious antisocial attitude, more like a terrorist own. This is exactly the way the oppressive politicians in Nigeria think;§until they fall out of power and are on the receiving end. Even your moniker is that of a murderer. Kill, kill, kill is all your name and attitude scream. You even mentioned North Korea in your comment. I'm sure you will have mentioned Afghanistan if you were to continue. Every of your DNA seems to have that "violence", "antisocial" gene. Are you a human or a Fulani?

"I haven't paid their salaries even though they have been working for several months and even now that they have gone on strike because of unpaid allowances I will employ the No work, no pay rule. And yes, they tried to travel to other countries where their services are better remunerated, but I will make sure they can't leave".

This is exactly the way Buhari thinks. This is the way you are thinking. There is no better definition of an evil and antisocial mind.

Modrov:

Your goverment refused to pay them a decent wage, and provide decent facilities, and in many instances refuse to pay them for months on end, and you expect them to keep on working?

You BMC guys are just like the PDP guys.

PDP though also useless, was far less toxic. In terms of wickedness, corruption, destroying freedom of speech and a host of other social evils, PDP na learner where APC dey o.

Sirjamo:
Alaye, you don't even know the background, you just happened to be one of those who support anything that's out to destroy the Buhari government or paint it Black.

I'm glad you are the ones to destroy him, not Nigerians that voted him in expecting a positive turnaround of their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Mikolion87(m): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:

Perhaps same google will help you with Surgery when you need one. Jisike

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by JBArokonkwo1(m): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:

A condom or simple abstinence would have saved the world from such a waste product and unfortunate child......

It's all your dad's fault.

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 03, 2021
Sirjamo:
They stay at home to demand for their right, the services government employed them to render has been abandoned and you expect them to be payed? Can you pay a worker that has refused to work, especially when the court has directed that he should go back to work?

Please don't make me annoyed.

Would you keep working if your conditions of service were bad?

You apc guys better start delivering on that change you promised.

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by hotseat: 7:39am On Sep 03, 2021
Anything to punish the masses is a welcome development according to this failed government.

No wonder they all run to Abuja to hide.

One day go be one day.

Make una continue.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Akalia(m): 7:40am On Sep 03, 2021
Optimistguy1969:

Oya, chop slap
He's right. Most Nigerian doctors are not passionate for the job as their colleagues were in the good old days. Most of them are now greedy charlatans. They don't care for nothing but making money.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Skodiswayze(m): 7:40am On Sep 03, 2021
akanbiaa:
Hmmmm

Both parties are right ,the doctors deserve better and the employers should not pay for services not rendered during strike so as not to encourage others to use any dispute to go on strike and get paid for not working while making money in private practice , My advice for doctors is why not render services in line with oat instead of outright strike and my advice for employer is to be transparent with the doctors to let them know what they can afford to pay and reason together on acceptable terms while working towards getting better pay.

White oat or Quaker oat??

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Ifyz0001: 7:40am On Sep 03, 2021
U do not have sense. I'm pissed at your comments.

KillMNKnow:
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by slymansun: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2021
[quote author=Sirjamo post=105440537]They stay at home to demand for their right, the services government employed them to render has been abandoned and you expect them to be payed? Can you pay a worker that has refused to work, especially when the court has directed that he should go back to work?[/quote

Your comment shows that you are completely ignorant of the details of the strike or maybe you hate doctors.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Sirjamo: 7:42am On Sep 03, 2021
alwayzonlyn:

BMC spotted!
"He that comes to equity must come with clean hands"

How about paying the ones they already owed these Doctors & fulfilling their part of the agreement they earlier signed with them

That will be the only justification for withholding their salaries at this time!

A government that's quick to punish her citizens for speaking out against injustice, but remain adamant & non-challant about her basic responsibility such as payment of salaries, keeping her side of agreements signed with trade unions etc...
Alaye, you don't even know the background, you just happened to be one of those who support anything that's out to destroy the Buhari government or paint it Black.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 03, 2021
Akalia:
He's right. Most Nigerian doctors are not passionate for the job as their colleagues were in the good old days. Most of them are now greedy charlatans. They don't care for nothing but making money.

Yes, just like most people who work for a living . They work hard for their money.

Plus would you do your job for a poor salary or no salary at All? Just because you are passionate about it?

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Ahmback(m): 7:44am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:
are u just foolish or u delberately chose to be obtuse

2 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2021
Sirjamo:

The goverment is doing a good job painting itself black without the help of its enemies
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 03, 2021
Cronies are paid for services not rendered, Senators are paid for misrepresenting us.In fact loans are borrowed to pay politicians.
Govt taxes citizens for services not rendered.

Then these doctors are punished for demanding for better conditions of work.
Obviously the govt doesn't think the lives of its citizens aren't worth protecting.
Too bad. angry
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 03, 2021
Itgeo:
The policy is there, soits not new. Govt as we speak owe other health workers 2 months salary cos of the same no work no pay policy for the strike theu emabarked on in 2018.

It will be unfair to pay the doctors when you still bolding onto the salaries of other workers in the same ministry.

So health workers don't have the right to demand for better working conditions?
If these politicians were barred from.travelling abroad for treatment would they not listen to the doctors?

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by yassinattah(m): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2021
Testate:

If you want to do surgery too go and meet your google
Forget that mu square who is thinking from his spinal cord
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by IVORY2009(m): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2021
Hooligan66:
shocked WOW! Land a Lucrative Job this Year
Grab this
I.T MEGA BUNDLE and Go from ZERO to HERO in just 6 months. 30% discount expires tomorrow.
|=============>WhatsApp Me if interested<=============|
For Students, Job seekers, Youth Corpers, I.T professionals, Freelancers, Non I.T professionals who want a change in career path, If you'd like to work remotely for one of Fortune 500 companies, If you had genuine plans to JAPA.

Scammer here you are again, send money at your own risk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) / Coronavirus: NCDC Says FG To Site Isolation Centres In FCT, 7 States / Women After Abortion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.