Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD (12008 Views)

85% Doctors Planning To Leave Nigeria, Says NARD / Replace Striking Doctors With Corpers - Ehanire, Minister Of Health To Hospitals / NMA, NARD Threaten To Withdraw Services Over Invitation Of Chinese Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by 5ThChild: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2021
Why are they always going on strike tho. Non-work no pay
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by KingWarri: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:
grin Awesome! if they like let them all go to Saudi Arabia or fcking forcefully take them all away to north Korea for reeducation. They're feeling like they're not Nigerian because of cramming drugs name and guessing symptoms and diseases. I prefer google to fcking mediocre Nigerian doctors
That's good. Google has become your doctor right?? When you need to undergo a surgery please contact Google to help you do so....

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by 5ThChild: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2021
philkoms:
Thank u my brother for this analysis.the blame is actually both ways.The best nation in the world are built by patriots,It does not matter whether you are a leader or follower.I saw this clearly when Trump was pushing for America first agenda.The problem with us here is that many of our leaders and followers as well are not patriotic enough to build d nation hence we get kind of nation we deserve.
Agreed
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by KingWarri: 7:56am On Sep 03, 2021
5ThChild:
Why are they always going on strike tho. Non-work no pay
They went on strike because they have not been paid yet you are still insisting on a no work no pay policy... Nigeria government always like using the military approach for everything. Why not dialogue with them?
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by danilmo: 7:57am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:
grin Awesome! if they like let them all go to Saudi Arabia or fcking forcefully take them all away to north Korea for reeducation. They're feeling like they're not Nigerian because of cramming drugs name and guessing symptoms and diseases. I prefer google to fcking mediocre Nigerian doctors

U forgot Residents are the one teaching medical student during clinic and ward rounds and doing the bulk workloads in hospital,

For the past one month now no clinic teaching and all the hospital works is down.. stagnant calender right now.. not even abt patient matter. Medical student are feeling the hit..

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by lordempire(m): 7:57am On Sep 03, 2021
akanbiaa:
Hmmmm

Both parties are right ,the doctors deserve better and the employers should not pay for services not rendered during strike so as not to encourage others to use any dispute to go on strike and get paid for not working while making money in private practice , My advice for doctors is why not render services in line with oat instead of outright strike and my advice for employer is to be transparent with the doctors to let them know what they can afford to pay and reason together on acceptable terms while working towards getting better pay.

About 30-40% of these doctors are being owed 4-18months salary. Should they survive with leaves?

3 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by akanbiaa(m): 8:00am On Sep 03, 2021
lordempire:

About 30-40% of these doctors are being owed 4-18months salary. Should they survive with leaves?
The official report on doctors working under Federal Government is that they were not paid only for August due to the strike that triggered the no work no pay action. Perhaps it is some state Government workers that are owed many months salary if so they should take it up with their umions to do the needfull to get paid.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by goodheart02(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:

So says a myopic idiot
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by mykelly(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2021
WATCHING WITH KEEN INTEREST, ONE & HALF MONTH PREVIOUSLY OWED
Itgeo:
Not only striking doctors. No one single lerson has been paid in the health sector. We are watching how this will play out
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Nikeruka(m): 8:07am On Sep 03, 2021
akanbiaa:
The official report on doctors working under Federal Government is that they were not paid only for August due to the strike that triggered the no work no pay action. Perhaps it is some state Government workers that are owed many months salary if so they should take it up with their umions to do the needfull to get paid.
How official is your official sir?
The NARD last press release categorically named many federal teaching hospitals owing 3-6months salary. Most of these doctors are still on gifmis( fg no longer pay via gifmis)
Their first demand is that these doctors should be moved to Ippis platform

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by mykelly(m): 8:08am On Sep 03, 2021
You do not have to comment on everything, can't you act as if you have sense?
Sirjamo:
You refused to work but you want to be paid
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by akanbiaa(m): 8:10am On Sep 03, 2021
Nikeruka:

How official is your official sir?
The NARD last press release categorically stated many teaching hospital 3-6months salary. Most of the doctors are still on gifmis
There first demand is these doctors should be move to Ippis platform
Government usually latter pay outstanding salaries with time but they will not pay for the duration of strike.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by KillMNKnow(f): 8:10am On Sep 03, 2021
danilmo:

U forgot Residents are the one teaching medical student during clinic and ward rounds and doing the bulk workloads in hospital,

For the past one month now no clinic teaching and all the hospital works is down.. stagnant calender right now.. not even abt patient matter. Medical student are feeling the hit..
Yeah! Everyone else is feeling the heat
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Angelfrost(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:
grin Awesome! if they like let them all go to Saudi Arabia or fcking forcefully take them all away to north Korea for reeducation. They're feeling like they're not Nigerian because of cramming drugs name and guessing symptoms and diseases. I prefer google to fcking mediocre Nigerian doctors.

Communism is the answers to Nigerian problems. everyone feeling like they're bigger than the country. this fcking Nard president probably bought by PDP to sabotage the health sector. Anyways I prefer holistic medicine than the poisons made by big farmers. There are good traditional doctors. 90% of Nigerian doctors are corrupt Nigerian leaders children. Show me any poor man child that got MBBS admission and I will resurrect the dead

Oh shut up, and go back to reading for your WAEC!
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:
grin Awesome! if they like let them all go to Saudi Arabia or fcking forcefully take them all away to north Korea for reeducation. They're feeling like they're not Nigerian because of cramming drugs name and guessing symptoms and diseases. I prefer google to fcking mediocre Nigerian doctors.

Communism is the answers to Nigerian problems. everyone feeling like they're bigger than the country. this fcking Nard president probably bought by PDP to sabotage the health sector. Anyways I prefer holistic medicine than the poisons made by big farmers. There are good traditional doctors. 90% of Nigerian doctors are corrupt Nigerian leaders children. Show me any poor man child that got MBBS admission and I will resurrect the dead

You are pained! Sorry. It's obvious you wanted to become a Doctor but you ended up with a course you never liked. Sorry o. Just take it easy. Becoming a Doctor is not a do or die affair!

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by phantom(m): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:
Yeah! Everyone else is feeling the heat
Your parents must be counting their losses. Heavy Minus 1 na im you be.
I pray to God they have other kids. And I hope those kids are worth the 2 minutes used in procreating them.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by ceaser: 8:15am On Sep 03, 2021
Sirjamo:
Alaye, you don't even know the background, you just happened to be one of those who support anything that's out to destroy the Buhari government or paint it Black.

I'm glad you are the ones to destroy him, not Nigerians that voted him in expecting a positive turnaround of their lives.

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by KillMNKnow(f): 8:16am On Sep 03, 2021
Meninmen:

You are pained! Sorry. It's obvious you wanted to become a Doctor but you ended up with a course you never liked. Sorry o. Just take it easy. Becoming a Doctor is not a do or die affair!
Lol. Me never went to university. I prefer living like a normal human being
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Godmademan(m): 8:17am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:

Communism is the answers to Nigerian problems. everyone feeling like they're bigger than the country. this fcking Nard president probably bought by PDP to sabotage the health sector. Anyways I prefer holistic medicine than the poisons made by big pharma. There are good traditional doctors. 90% of Nigerian doctors are corrupt Nigerian leaders children. Show me any poor man child that got MBBS admission and I will resurrect the dead
Ignoramus
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:
Lol. Me never went to university. I prefer living like a normal human being

Okay. But just be true to yourself. You would have love to be a Doctor if you had the chance to go to the university.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Calitoscassius(m): 8:22am On Sep 03, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
Wicked government.

Pay us our salary: mbah
Oya allow us attend Saudi interview in Abuja so we can japa: Mbah

[b]What is good about this government?
Can someone tell me just one thing
atleast they are paying boko haram,bandits and hersdmen their salaries.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Emerie22(m): 8:25am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:

Communism is the answers to Nigerian problems. everyone feeling like they're bigger than the country. this fcking Nard president probably bought by PDP to sabotage the health sector. Anyways I prefer holistic medicine than the poisons made by big pharma. There are good traditional doctors. 90% of Nigerian doctors are corrupt Nigerian leaders children. Show me any poor man child that got MBBS admission and I will resurrect the dead

Calm down, you are missing something.
The welfare of Nigerian workers are in bad shape esp health workers.
Govt should meet up with workers demands atleast to large extend and avoid strikes.
ASUU gave government Ultimatum to fufil the agreement signed last year, yet they just neglected them and soon they will resume strike.
If all the doctors travel who will treat you?
It's a Big Shame to this administration
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by freshboi88: 8:26am On Sep 03, 2021
Is this why they have decided to pay all health workers a dime even those that are not on strike ?....I don't understand, researchers, administrative staff, laboratory officials salaries who are not on strike all have their salaries withheld....what kind of wickedness is this?
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Calitoscassius(m): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2021
Atleast they are paying boko haramites, bandits and hersdmen their salaries.

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by KillMNKnow(f): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2021
Meninmen:

Okay. But just be true to yourself. You would have love to be a Doctor if you had the chance to go to the university.
I prefer lawyer
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by biafranrealson: 8:28am On Sep 03, 2021
How many doctors are fulani ?

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by 5ThChild: 8:36am On Sep 03, 2021
KingWarri:

They went on strike because they have not been paid yet you are still insisting on a no work no pay policy... Nigeria government always like using the military approach for everything. Why not dialogue with them?
that's double wahala keh
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by trevorhorace(m): 8:38am On Sep 03, 2021
Sirjamo:
They stay at home to demand for their right, the services government employed them to render has been abandoned and you expect them to be payed? Can you pay a worker that has refused to work, especially when the court has directed that he should go back to work?

It's best you don't speak if you don't understand the situation. An average doctor overseas more than a thousand patients per week. Work hours ranging from 14 to 20 hrs each day. With highly deplorable facilities that can make anyone frustrated. Remember they still prepare for professional exams in between which is no small task. Now imagine going through all that stress and not getting paid at the end of the month. Now multiply this stress cycle by 8 months without pay. How do you want them to survive. Why would you expect them to continue working? It has become slavery. So it's easier to sit on your boxers and type sh#t. But walk in their shoes for a day and get the drift.

2 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Sirjamo: 8:46am On Sep 03, 2021
trevorhorace:

It's best you don't speak if you don't understand the situation. An average doctor overseas more than a thousand patients per week. Work hours ranging from 14 to 20 hrs each day. With highly deplorable facilities that can make anyone frustrated. Remember they still prepare for professional exams in between which is no small task. Now imagine going through all that stress and not getting paid at the end of the month. Now multiply this stress cycle by 8 months without pay. How do you want them to survive. Why would you expect them to continue working? It has become slavery. So it's easier to sit on your boxers and type sh#t. But walk in their shoes for a day and get the drift.
You don't know the whole story. The government is acting based on court order.
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by do4luv14(m): 8:47am On Sep 03, 2021
tuoyoojo:
Good thing many doctors do not have a single income

Agreed it would bite them a little

But many of them would not go hungry

This thing go reach every body

The families of politicians would be sick too na, abi na every one them wan fly abroad

The sad part is, they will take their ward to private clinic, will they will fly themselves out for treatment,

Wish the Private Doctors will Join in the strike, them those FG guys will know what's uo
Re: Striking Doctors’ Salaries Withheld, Says NARD by Picardor2: 8:49am On Sep 03, 2021
KillMNKnow:

U ARE A BIG FOOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) / Women After Abortion. / Coronavirus: NCDC Says FG To Site Isolation Centres In FCT, 7 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.