Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? (19637 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Worst Roads In Obosi, Anambra - Soludo Takes A Tour Himself (Video) / Sagamu-Ogijo Road: A Look At One Of Nigeria's Worst Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by AnonPoet: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2021
It has been more than 2 years of the Dapo Abiodun Government and it seems this government is hell bent on taking the state back to using bush paths. Yes, the roads in Ogun state are that bad. Sometimes you drive in a state that is supposed to be the gateway state and all you see is just nightmares. It gets worse for communities on the Lagos/Ogun border. Going from Ogun to Lagos, you can tell where Ogun state ends and Lagos begins based on the condition of the roads. It is that bad?

Even the roads in the capital city Abeokuta isn't any different from the joke Ogun state roads has become it is almost as though the Dapo Abiodun Government has decided to punish everyone for crimes no one knows who committed. The roads in Ogun East where is from are reportedly not this bad though. Maybe something else is at play

How else does one explain this?

Even roads which were started by the previous admin have either been abandoned or not completed after years, and mechanic have been having a field day fixing broken down vehicles. Please we need a overhaul of the roads in Ogun state.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by iamtardey: 10:13am On Sep 03, 2021
I really think so

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Sunnybay7: 10:14am On Sep 03, 2021
Yep

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by HellAnus: 10:22am On Sep 03, 2021
Tinubu's looting have extended to Ogun state grin

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by moscobabs(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2021
Yes, infact that state is cursed.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Grace001: 10:22am On Sep 03, 2021
Ogun state and bad roads are 5&6

During rainy season Ogun people suffer and when it doesn’t rain they still suffer, Ogun State people are used to the bad road.

Come next election, they will still wear ankara/T-shirt to campaign for their oppressor.

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Mayor21(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2021
I think so, I remember my service year in Sagamu.... Chaii, Ayepe road was something else

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by IamR: 10:22am On Sep 03, 2021
Yes! The incumbent governor is just there.

Ogun state is supposed to be divided into 2 or 3 states.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Hezzyluv: 10:22am On Sep 03, 2021
Based on my experiences
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by hakeem4(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2021
Yes! I can say that with confidence. Ogun state is actually the centre of confusion. I have been to several states in southwest, and I can say Ogun has the worst roads. apart from Abeokuta which has good roads, I doubt any other place in the state has good roads.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by iwaeda: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2021
AnonPoet:
It has been more than 2 years of the Dapo Abiodun Government and it seems this government is hell bent on taking the state back to using bush paths. Yes, the roads in Ogun state are that bad. Sometimes you drive in a state that is supposed to be the gateway state and all you see is just nightmares. It gets worse for communities on the Lagos/Ogun border. Going from Ogun to Lagos, you can tell where Ogun state ends and Lagos begins based on the condition of the roads. It is that bad?

Even the roads in the capital city Abeokuta isn't any different from the joke Ogun state roads has become it is almost as though the Dapo Abiodun Government has decided to punish everyone for crimes no one knows who committed. The roads in Ogun East where is from are reportedly not this bad though. Maybe something else is at play

How else does one explain this?

Even roads which were started by the previous admin have either been abandoned or not completed after years, and mechanic have been having a field day fixing broken down vehicles. Please we need a overhaul of the roads in Ogun state.

YES AND YES. Do you want me to say it again, Yes and Yes. One day I drove to Mowe-Ofada recently for an event, when I got to my estate, the security men asked what happened to my car. It was covered in mud. Same bad road in Sagamu, Ifo, Ijebu, Agbara, Ilisan, Remo, Ogere, Papalanto, Atan, Lafenwa, Agbole, Akute, Egbado, Ijebu water side, Ijebu Musin/Ife, Itele, Odogbolu, Ayede, Aiyetoro, Ososa.
Yet you see youth because of hands down will be hailing these people. If we must change things the revolution start with electing credible people and stop towing religion, ethnic and party lines

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by wunmi590(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2021

Thank you for bringing this up once more, I commented on a thread about his laxity toward building and rapir of road, one igbo smoking guy attacked me, telling me his the best governor....

I had to keep shut, because I know that guy is under the influence of weed after seeing his DP...

Dapo is a monumental failure, he was not prepared to take over power, he was just opportuned to be there...

If you know you can't fix what you promised, leave the position and let another person who is knowledgeable take over...

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by DropsMic(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2021
Yes ✌️
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by BESTScientist1: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2021
Never!!!
That's an achievement specially reserved for Lagos.
When you compare the IGR to the nonsense on ground

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Houseofglam7(f): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2021
Uhm.......if we say yes, will you let us go about our businesses in peace?

Okay.....yes undecided

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by adioolayi(m): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2021
YES ... affirmative YES...

Especially, at those cities sharing boarder with Lagos State....Ogun State Government have failed!!!

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by twinskenny(m): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2021
Yes 100 percent I live here

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Xscape047: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2021
Utilizing the ecological trust fund is vital in times like this..

Climate never enter that lane wella..

Until then ...

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by lifezone247(m): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2021
In the whole of Nigeria sef.

17 Likes

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Moneyboyz: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2021
You see that last picture, there is a road opposite it that's joju to iyana OTA road, it's less than 2 minutes drive and they've been repairing that road since January. You will be surprised to see less than 6 workers on that road using head pans and shovel to mix cement for gutters that should have been pre fabricated and just one caterpillar.

No single street is tarred in Ogun state except for some places in OTA, Abeokuta and Ijebu. These are not the only cities in Ogun, I can't count how many villages and towns we have in Ogun, maybe they should just split the state so serious people can become governors and repair everything.

Meanwhile we have granite, cement and sand, the government could have donated these things and paid way less for the construction of these roads.

Come to my community, the last time we have light is since January.
Going from Ogun state to Lagos state Is like Malaria leaving your body, you will enjoy fresh air and a peaceful ride. Infact 80 percent of streets I see in Lagos state are tarred while the rest are under construction.

34 Likes

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Teaser4(m): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2021
H
Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Abasstoheeb(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2021
The reason is most Ogun people are lagosian
They forget to develop there State
Taking Lagos as more priority than there father Land

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by tolexy007(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Alagbole Berger road is no go area

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by 8stargeneral: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Not only in south west,ogun state is d worst state in whole africa,imagine all d promint men that's from Ogun state but nothing good seems to come out ...its a cursed state.

33 Likes

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by Managerwyz: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Ogun state citizens voted tinubu candidate forgotten that tinubu is richer than osun state, the aworis/yewa that preferred being deputy governor to governor, They are the real olodos.

If you carry Honda eod car go sango road angry

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by yesloaded: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Ogun state has never been lucky despite the fact they produced big politicians

Niger state still enjoying IBB till today

I wonder why Ogun state government sees good road as taboo

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by mabea: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Not just in south west but in the whole country. Kogi is their closest competitor.

20 Likes

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by noble2faith(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Worst is an understatement!

Re: Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? by tunde202(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2021
I really don’t think so till I go round other states.

Tribunal Judgement: Police Ban Street Protests In Kano / Pictures of Ibom Connection Uyo In 1930s and present / Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves