Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,372 members, 7,864,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Who Else Feels This Way About Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Else Feels This Way About Life? (523 Views)

Who Knows The Way About Of Silentgroper? / Is It Right To Pay Back My Ex This Way? / Am I The Only Person That Feels This Way??! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by czarr(m): 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2021
Do you ever feel like if you celebrate something too much, something bad would happen, like what happened to Tonto dikeh?

Since childhood I have always been reluctant to celebrate out of fear that whatever I'm too excited about I may loose it.

Reminds me of a quote credited to the Chinese Buddha : "whatever you cherish so much, you would lose". or something like that.

As a kid whenever the power comes on, and we should UP NEPA!! and start dancing my brother would say we should not shout so that they would not take it, and he was not wrong, e get how u go shout dem go vex take the light. maybe that is where my fear started from.

Am I alone?

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by stampedconcrete: 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
We gather dey

1 Like

Re: Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by Bigredmachine: 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
stampedconcrete:
We gather dey

i concur

1 Like

Re: Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by Goldbw122(m): 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2021
Yeah I feel like that too, I have seen some people that are over existed about their success that was dead a minute later, so that is why anytime I have success or gain something, I will calm down and celebrate a little bit and rest my case and start another hustle originally you must continue struggle to make it in life...

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by InfernoNig: 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2021
My people used to say.

"What will be will be, don't be too eager to celebrate and don't be too eager to give up"

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by DoggoneDogg: 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
Problem is not in the celebration, its in revealing an achievement before it fully happens.

Example, if you get a job offer, don't announce it until you've settled in after 2 or 3 months.
Making noise early can lead to issues

...............................................................................................
See this one celebrating before he even set foot in obodo oyibo;
https://www.nairaland.com/6734841/successful-visa-interview

Plane crash, revoked visa, concealed drugs, poisoning, illness, etc can puncture this news.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by ifex370(m): 11:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
Village people. But Christ has ransomed me from the curse of the law

1 Like

Re: Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by yanabasee2: 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2021
What do you mean by celebrate something too much?

The idea that every of your life activities should be broadcast on a social media is what lead to their breakup... Even tho the leaked tape was really shameful, I feel no pity for Tonto....

2baba o. the other hand is a dog that jumps at anything woman....
Re: Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by Nonexisting1: 11:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
If your father is still alive, buy an expensive gift, kneel down and ask him to bless you. Once he does with all his heart, whatever you do will be successful and the successes stay permanent. Since I replaced my dad's rickety Peugeot pickup with Hilux and he blessed me with tears in his eyes, I have grown so much that I once searched my cupboard for skeletons just incase I did ogwuego without knowing.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by arthurwillia(m): 11:41pm On Sep 03, 2021
It’s all in the head, the day you shout up nepa wey dem no take light, you didn’t think that Haa I for no shout oo but the once or two times you shouted the yo nepa and they took it later will get stuck in your memory.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Feels This Way About Life? by czarr(m): 1:31am On Sep 04, 2021
Nonexisting1:
If your father is still alive, buy an expensive gift, kneel down and ask him to bless you. Once he does with all his heart, whatever you do will be successful and the successes stay permanent. Since I replaced my dad's rickety Peugeot pickup with Hilux and he blessed me with tears in his eyes, I have grown so much that I once searched my cupboard for skeletons just incase I did ogwuego without knowing.
If you ask for my aza, I go bless you join...as God done pick your call

(1) (Reply)

Man Dies During Sex Romp With 2 Teenage Girls He Promised To Give Job / Lady Cancels Wedding After Discovering Her Man Is Married With Children (Pix) / Should I move on OR I should keep trying? (Advice needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.