Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me (59626 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: "I'm Talking To My Children Not You" / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors / "God Stopped Bullets From Entering My Body"; Man Attacked By Armed Robbers.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by Jafaar: 9:01am On Sep 06, 2021
zinaunreal:
Niggar bought private jet with God's funds
FYI, somebody bought it for him
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by zinaunreal(m): 9:33am On Sep 06, 2021
Jafaar:
FYI, somebody bought it for him

Na you buy am ni. Useless church member
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by drphantom: 10:23am On Sep 06, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He should better find out who he's been talking to.
It's either he soliloquizes or hallucinates and confuses it to be God talking to him.

For someone who communicates frequently with God, I can't believe God has not told him to chastise Osinbanjo for remaining quiet inspite of all that's happening.

You made a mistake here. You assume God reasons like you and has the same beef you have with Osinbajo.
Let’s reason this out logically.
Let’s assume God is actually speaking to man.
Why would you assume that God would speak to him according to your own prejudices?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by drphantom: 10:25am On Sep 06, 2021
FreeSpirited:
According to Pastor, the suffering he went through after God refused to speak to him was getting stuck in Lagos hold-up. Okay o...what a suffering.....

No.
The suffering he went through was the silent treatment he got as a result of his pride.

Read it again, sir
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by drphantom: 10:26am On Sep 06, 2021
HighWITCH:
I hear you.
And you were not told that your son was going to die soon.

You assume God tells him everything: a claim the man has never made
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by drphantom: 10:33am On Sep 06, 2021
pafo:
I don't know how these Pentecostal pastors do it but even the Pope doesn't claim to hear from God. How do they do it?

This has nothing to do with Pentecostal pastors.

According to the Bible, EVERY believer can and is meant to hear from God.

At its most basic and concrete level, the “hearing ” is direct instructions from the Bible aka the Word of God.

At a deeper level borne of relationship with God (keeping in mind that God is spirit), the hearing is from God to our human spirits.

The simple reason many don’t hear from God is because they have not learned to develop their spirits.

We are too used to living in the physical because it is more tangible. This is not bad and is a fact of life.

However, for the Christian, who’s spirit has been reborn (aka being born again) his spirit has a connection to the Spirit of God and if the person focuses on developing his spirit he can likewise hear directly from God.

This hearing is not a download of all the knowledge of the universe. It is a matter of hearing what God decides to tell you
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by pafo(m): 10:37am On Sep 06, 2021
drphantom:

At its most basic and concrete level, the “hearing ” is direct instructions from the Bible aka the Word of God.

At a deeper level borne of relationship with God (keeping in mind that God is spirit), the hearing is from God to our human spirits.

The simple reason many don’t hear from God is because they have not learned to develop their spirits.

We are too used to living in the physical because it is more tangible. This is not bad and is a fact of life.

However, for the Christian, who’s spirit has been reborn (aka being born again) his spirit has a connection to the Spirit of God and if the person focuses on developing his spirit he can likewise hear directly from God.

This hearing is not a download of all the knowledge of the universe. It is a matter of hearing what God decides to tell you

These people gave you this religion less than 200 years ago. They have been practising it for 2000 years and the "holiest man in the world" who took no wife nor has any possesion of his own doesn't hear from God, but some random black guy who straffs God know how many whores and has so many material possession he doesn't even want to die again hears from God.

FYI, the Catholic church collated what should and shouldn't be part of the bible for you from over a thousand scrolls. So you don't know better about it than they do.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by drphantom: 10:41am On Sep 06, 2021
Myer:

This is a subtle attempt to keep believers hoping that if God can be speaking to Adeboye then they should keep hope alive that they will also start hearing God.
I remember when I was also praying to hear from God.

People hear their thoughts and attribute it to God speaking to them.
When what they hear in their thoughts works out they say it is God/Holyspirit.
But when it doesnt work out they say they didn't hear God but it was self talking to them.

How many times have guys claimed God told them you're their wife?
Or a ladies claimed God revealed that a guy they liked is their husband?

If people truly heard God by now they would have heard the mysteries behind the problems plaguing the church, individial families, and even Nigeria and the respective solutions.

Not mocking the dead but Adeboye or his daughter-in-law did not even hear God tell him hat his son would die. None of them did.
But he was hearing God telling him about traffic in Lagos.

Hearing God should be a gift for all Christians yet not one can be confirmed to hear God especially on crucial matters.
All we have are predictions that either come to pass or fail.

What differentiates predictions from hearing God is the depth of mystery being revealed. Not anything that can easily be guessed but actual something no one else could know being revealed.

Hearing From God is a benefit of being in a relationship with God and as you correctly pointed out should be a gift to all Christians.

It actually is and like I pointed out in my comment 1 step above, the reason many Christians fall short of it is not developing that side of themselves through study of the Word and prayer.

I know literal hundreds of Christians who hear from God regarding their personal issues and I can give numerous personal example but this is not a competition but a matter of faith.
You either accept this based on faith in what God has said in His Word or reject it based on rational but limited human thinking.
Either way, you will get what you accept and believe in.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by drphantom: 10:53am On Sep 06, 2021
pafo:

These people gave you this religion less than 200 years ago. They have been practising it for 2000 years and the "holiest man in the world" who took no wife nor has any possesion of his own doesn't hear from God, but some random black guy who straffs God know how many whores and has so many material possession he doesn't even want to die again hears from God.

FYI, the Catholic church collated what should and shouldn't be part of the bible for you from over a thousand scrolls. So you don't know better about it than they do.

Another error on your part sir.

The Catholic Church did not hand down Christianity.
Though a part of its modern history, they are not its caretakers.

Recheck your history.

I am not here to argue as you have clearly decided this is a fight with your rather vehement retort, so I will leave you be.

Believe what you will and I will do the same.
I only advise that you should be fair in your assertions.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by Jafaar: 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
zinaunreal:

Na you buy am ni. Useless church member
not everything is posted on social media,someone bought it believe it or not.
dunamis church roof in Abuja cost 90billion naira,one person paid for the roof.
we may look gullible to you but when as a pastor impact on people's life you don't need to church one naira from tithe or offering .
the likes of oyedepo people struggle to dash him billions in this country, sometimes he even turns them down.when I become a billonaire I will do more for the body of Christ and those God is using.
you guys said they are stealing church money but have you seen just 1big pastor in this country that their children are wayward?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by pafo(m): 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
drphantom:

Another error on your part sir.

The Catholic Church did not hand down Christianity.
Though a part of its modern history, they are not its caretakers.

Recheck your history.

I am not here to argue as you have clearly decided this is a fight with your rather vehement retort, so I will leave you be.

Believe what you will and I will do the same.
I only advise that you should be fair in your assertions.

Sorry if that came across as "vehement" but I was just making my point. All good if you hell-bent on your belief though. That's faith!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by Jafaar: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
who told you people cannot hear from God ?,it is sad education will make you think God does not exist .
if you want to hear God audibly work in righteousness ,prayer and fasting but can you guys pay the price,no you can't.then you believe he has schizophrenia,what a joke.
God exist follow every principle in the Bible,you will see supernatural encounters to the point you will tire.
one thing I know is when we get to the other side some of you will be shocked who adeboye is in the spirit realm
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by Jafaar: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
drphantom:

thank you my brother,so because God talks to him Everytime he will tell him he is going to take his son but who even knows if he didn't tell him,everything must not be said in public.
even people that see the future and past(prophets) can't see everything,only what God wants them to see
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by fanenene(m): 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2021
igbowoman:

Tales by moonlight to his gullible sheep.
The other day he told us how he drank tea with the almighty
Are you ok oga if you don't have anything to say you better shut up. No go do pass yourself
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by Anakazo22: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2021
Illuminatiship:
I nor stupid reach your father..
But you stupid pass your father, animal
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by zinaunreal(m): 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2021
Jafaar:
not everything is posted on social media,someone bought it believe it or not.
dunamis church roof in Abuja cost 90billion naira,one person paid for the roof.
we may look gullible to you but when as a pastor impact on people's life you don't need to church one naira from tithe or offering .
the likes of oyedepo people struggle to dash him billions in this country, sometimes he even turns them down.when I become a billonaire I will do more for the body of Christ and those God is using.
you guys said they are stealing church money but have you seen just 1big pastor in this country that their children are wayward?

Useless church members
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by Myer(m): 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2021
drphantom:

Hearing From God is a benefit of being in a relationship with God and as you correctly pointed out should be a gift to all Christians.

It actually is and like I pointed out in my comment 1 step above, the reason many Christians fall short of it is not developing that side of themselves through study of the Word and prayer.

I know literal hundreds of Christians who hear from God regarding their personal issues and I can give numerous personal example but this is not a competition but a matter of faith.
You either accept this based on faith in what God has said in His Word or reject it based on rational but limited human thinking.
Either way, you will get what you accept and believe in.

Be honest, how many times have you "heard from God" and it was a miss?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by drphantom: 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
Myer:

Be honest, how many times have you "heard from God" and it was a miss?

You miss the point.

It’s not about the number of times.

Like I mentioned previously it is a growth process and no one is a master at it.

All who believe this way will readily tell you there are moments you miss it. But we get better at it the more we put it into practice.

Paul described it in the epistles as “ by reason of use”.

And I can understand why you would use a simple hit or miss methodology to this. And would, from the outside looking in probably have applied the same.

How ever, hit or miss does not account for the highly specific “hearings” I can testify to (which of course you will probably mock or disparage as being lies; they remain my experience all the same)
- knowing who my wife would be
- knowing my kids gender
- knowing I was healed from a cancer report without any medical intervention before the results came in (years ago and I am still here)
- knowing an associate was going to get pregnant and have a baby boy after we prayed about it

I lay no claim to any unusually special place in God’s heart.
This is something any of His children can benefit from.

But it is not by force.
You either believe or you don’t.
Like many things in life, it a choice.

Just don’t fall into the unfortunate trap of being condescending and taking a mockful stance because you of something you don’t understand and don’t want to.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by Illuminatiship(m): 1:44am On Sep 20, 2021
Anakazo22:

No,na your father for house dey talk to am, stupid idiot, haters of great men of God,till you will die, you and your sorrowful life can't achieve one percent of what he has achieve or done for mankind. How many people have you been a blessing to.
your family mad people too full am and you need to check yourself.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by Illuminatiship(m): 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Anakazo22:

But you stupid pass your father, animal
I know say I stupid but I dey learn from your father.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 27, 2021
Illuminatiship:
I know say I stupid but I dey learn from your father.

Please
Can you help me with any amount of money?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Modele Fatoyinbo Dragged For Defending Her Husband Pastor Fatoyinbo Against Rape / Reverend Father Burnt In Anambra In Lover’s House Flown Abroad (photo) / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.