Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,702 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Help: Nigerian Accent Is Killing My Opportunities In Usa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help: Nigerian Accent Is Killing My Opportunities In Usa (7786 Views)

Nigerians And Fake Accent / Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. / Help - Nigerian Visa Expired Due To Airline Issue. What Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Help: Nigerian Accent Is Killing My Opportunities In Usa by varinations: 12:52am On Jan 28, 2016
If your accent is holding you back you CAN improve it with practice. Varinations.com has an excellent accent reduction program. You should also read The Truth About Accents here: http://www.varinations.com/the-truth-about-accents/
Re: Help: Nigerian Accent Is Killing My Opportunities In Usa by optimusprime2(m): 1:41am On Jan 28, 2016
If you speak English correctly, nobody would put an accent Tag on you.
Have you listened to how NTA news casters speak? I bet you, if you speak like them, you are good to go... After all, majority of Americans don't speak proper English (their accent hides alot of grammatical blunders).
But if you still need help, well try watching BET. grin
Re: Help: Nigerian Accent Is Killing My Opportunities In Usa by tpiaobsession: 2:37am On Jan 28, 2016
if you want to move ahead in the USA, keep your accent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of The Schenge Country Is The Best To Apply For Tourism Visa / Don't Fly Bellview! / Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.