Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine (16429 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Drug Queen Over Narcotics In Fetish Bowls At Lagos Airport / NDLEA Arrests Drug Dealers, Recovers Substances, Cash En-Route Australia, China / NDLEA Arrests Drug Dealer, Intercepts Cocaine, Meth, Illicit Substances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by fergie001: 11:51am On Sep 05, 2021
NDLEA intercepts drugged candies from UK, nabs 22-year-old importer

. Seizes cookies, cocaine going to Dubai, Saudi Arabia; 500kg seized in 8 states

A 22-year-old youth corps member, Arnold Maniru has been arrested in Abuja for importing 4 kilograms of drugged candies from the United Kingdom just as operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have intercepted in Lagos cookies laced with drugs going to United Arab Emirate.

The youth corps member serving with a government agency in Abuja was arrested on Saturday 28th August, 2021 following the interception of a consignment at the warehouse of a transport company. A controlled delivery of the parcel, which contains the candies laced with Arizona, a strong variant of cannabis and some liquid, was subsequently carried out.

In the same vein, operatives attached to courier companies in Lagos have intercepted 1.2kg of cannabis concealed inside locally made cookies going to Dubai, UAE and 920grams of cocaine hidden inside synthetic hair heading to Saudi Arabia. Another 1.08kg cannabis concealed in spray cans going to Pakistan and 625grams of methamphetamine hidden in clothing heading to Australia were also seized.

Across the states, operatives also intensified arrests of traffickers and seizures of illicit drugs. A total of 384.7 kilograms of assorted narcotics being transported to the nations capital, Abuja for sale were intercepted and seized at patrol points in Lokoja, Kogi state on Monday 30th August and Thursday 2nd September, 2021.

A truck with registration number Plateau AA 462 QAP, driven by a 50-year-old Danlami Dodo, coming from Onitsha, Anambra, with Abuja, FCT as destination, was intercepted at a patrol point in Lokoja. Upon a search, the following psychoactive substances were discovered packed in sacks and cartons: 1,975 bottles of Cough Syrup with Codeine weighing 282kg; 199 packets of Exol-5 tablets weighing 75.4kg; 250 packets of Diazepam tablets weighing 15.4kg; Cannabis Sativa weighing 5.9kg; and 1 packet of Ketamine injection, all weighing 378.7kilograms.

Also on Thursday, a Toyota Hiace bus with registration number Lagos MUS 716 XK, coming from Ojota, Lagos to Abuja was stopped and searched at the Lokoja patrol point, where 6kg of Arizona was found sealed in cartons and suffed in a white sack.

In Rivers state, one Obey James was arrested during a raid with 4.2grams of heroin; 1.9grams of cocaine and 5.4grams of methamphetamine while in Niger state, two suspects; Eze John and Michael Ifediegwu were arrested along Zungeru-Tegina road with 18kg of Exol 5; 2kg of Tramadol and 1000 ampoules of pentazocine injection, all going to Kontagora in the state.

In Kano, a drug dealer, Chiduzie Ibegbunam, was arrested with 16.8grams of cocaine and 0.6grams of heroin while 158,000 monetary exhibit was recovered from his when his joint was raided.

In Nasarawa state, 22 suspects were arrested and 43.9kilograms of illicit drugs seized when operatives stormed notorious drug joints in Gadabuke forest, Toto LGA and Down base/timber shed both in Nasarawa LGA, dismantled and set ablaze their makeshift homes. In Borno state, Caleb Okezuonu was arrested with 352 bottles of Codeine Syrup and 876 tablets of Rohypnol during a raid.

Curiously, Caleb is on court bail, for two earlier charges filed against him by the state command of the NDLEA. The latest arrest makes it his third arrest for drug offences. During the raid, 11.5grams of Tramadol and N307, 255 monetary exhibit were recovered from another suspect who escaped and has been declared wanted.

In Ebonyi state, a military personnel, Anayo Nwamban, who bought 1.1kg of cannabis from Mami market, planted same in his elder brother's house and then made a report to the NDLEA office with a view to implicating his brother, was arrested on Friday 3rd September. After the arrest of his supplier, he admitted purchasing and planting same in his own brothers house.

Reacting to the arrests and seizures in the past week across FCT, Kogi, Rivers, Kano, Niger, Borno, Nasarawa and Ebonyi state commands as well as the Directorate of Operation and General Investigations, NDLEA Chairman/Chief Executive, Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa (Retd) commended the commanders, officers and men of the commands for keeping the flame burning and maintaining the heat on drug traffickers and dealers.

He assured them that President Muhammadu Buhari is well seized of their efforts and remains committed to improving their welfare as they intensify the ongoing war against drug abuse and trafficking across the country.

Femi Babafemi
Director, Media & Advocacy
NDLEA Headquarters, Abuja
Sunday 5th September, 2021

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by fergie001: 11:52am On Sep 05, 2021

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by xpressionx(m): 11:53am On Sep 05, 2021
Nawa o.

sometimes I wonder why people intentionally take what destroys their life.

The number of drug addicts now is alarming.

Girls own dey shock me pass.

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Bola146(f): 11:54am On Sep 05, 2021
grin kikikikikikikikikikiki na them usual business grin shameless people lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by DigiPerson: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2021
Mbom ye ata mbom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by sarrki(m): 11:54am On Sep 05, 2021
Nigeria youth are truly lazy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 05, 2021
Make dem com dash me those weeds grin

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Shuzzi(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2021
This guy resembles Ighalo

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Asgard73: 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2021
Is it that igbo names are easy to pronounce..more than.... other tribal names

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Bamzyriches451: 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Nah them
Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by tophumble(m): 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Good.

22 years old youth corp member?

Did he study Drug Running in the University

If he had succeeded, he would av been a big boy

#SayNoToCrime

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Mandesz(m): 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Everybody they do tinz their own ways these days. Drug trade bad but better.

Imagine those trading on human flesh.. but maybe drug is an influence.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Sonnobax15(m): 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
undecided
Maniru? undecided First of all,that name doesn't sound Nigerian tongue. It looks and sound Zulu-ish,plus the cone shape of the head too lipsrsealed

But these people cha.......We should be expecting more of news like this because December is fast approaching.....Abi dem no go go their different villages go oppress their kinsmen tongue

Mad man undecided

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by BigDawsNet: 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
A barber in my area got arrested for being a drug dealer...
I was his client for many years, and I had no clue that he was a barber..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Karlovych: 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed Arnold Maniru and company from the Indigenous Piggery Republic

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by generalwo(m): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
[quote author=fergie001 post=105509618][/quote].... I didn't have to read all the contents before I knew the tribe responsible for this.... It is well

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Lydiason(m): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Drug has finished our youths especially that one wey them deh call wotos.

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Lattop(m): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Business men of the . nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Loveurneighbour: 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Nna!

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Flier: 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Yoruba people and drugs,may God save them

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by IBILEmayweather(m): 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
You see how the southern/Eastern names were mentioned but the others weren’t mentioned...NEPOTISM KILL THIS BUHARI CABAL

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by pinkyruledworld(m): 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
Nawao
Wetin money go cause, money no go fit solve am

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by dex4sure: 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
All men wan buy benz by fire by force....

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by bodybuilder: 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
In this life never envy someone's money you don't know the risk they are taking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Crossroad1(m): 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
Gbenga, sorry o
Due to my desperate desire to live large back then after service, na so so connect I dey find..
Me, gbenga and femi were connected.
A day to the D-day, I was diagnosed with appendix, heard femi put his shipment inside a passengers box.. I know how he did it cos femi have a big Influence over people.
Tall, handsome, has sweet mouth and funny..
The lady carried it successfully Sha, gbenga was not lucky.. Him still dey prison till now..
As for me, I just return their money use the pity money they gave me to open a baring saloon around tanke..
These people prey on desperate souls.. Their connect places?
Bar, lounge, midst of what's up Boys

Funny enough, when they scan me at the hospital, they couldn't find any appendix but what happened to me, I still don't understand till date.. The pain was from the scrotum to the right side of my belle and it was an excruciating unbearable pain.. But after lots of drip and antibiotics injected into my drips, after like 40mins,it was as if nothing happened to me

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by salbis(m): 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
Honestly, i don't know what is so special about drugs. See how people are coming up with different strategies/ inventions just to beat law enforcement agencies.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Topzee109: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2021
Without checking name i know it'll be dem

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hes Still a developer......there are many of them using other tribe name to commit crime

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Ministries: Oyetola, Alake, Others May Share Buildings, Directors / Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads / FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.