Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived (63836 Views)

9/11 Mastermind, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Not Convicted 20 Years After / Biggest Threat Of 9/11-style Attack After Taliban Unveils Hellish Cabinet( Pix) / Noor bin Ladin Says Trump 'Must Be Re-Elected' To Prevent Another 9/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by ogbiwa: 9:10am On Sep 07, 2021
Pasquale Buzzelli was on his way up to his office on the 64th floor of the World Trade Centre on the morning of the devastating September 11 Al-Qaeda attacks in 2001.

Despite a 15-storey fall as the centre’s North Tower collapsed, Pasquale survived. He’s one of only 16 people who were rescued alive from the wreckage of the towers and only one other person is known to have survived a fall from the upper floors.

Despite the horrifying experience Pasquale was left with only minor burns and a broken bone in one foot.

“When you start to think about the numbers,” he says, “it doesn’t really seem possible that I’m alive.”

Speaking to 60 Minutes Australia, he recalled the moment when lead hijacker Mohamed Atta deliberately slammed a Boeing 767, American Airlines Flight 11, into the 93rd floor of the North Tower.

"So I called [my wife] and I said, 'Louise', I said, 'Don't be alarmed, I'm okay, everything's fine, just, can you put the television on, and tell me what you see', and she goes,…’Oh my god’… she goes, 'a plane hit your building'."

Pasquale and the others in the lift managed to get out and took to the stairs. "We gathered everything,…a flashlight, [and] we wet down some towels and stuff, and we started our way down the stairs.” At that stage he still had his briefcase with him, and was imagining that the crash was just a terrible accident.

The group passed a firefighter, who was on his way up to deal with the horrific blaze above. He told them to just keep going down the stairs until they reached the ground floor.

"And then, we went down maybe couple more flights,” he said, “and it was, on the 22nd floor that all of a sudden, you know, everything started to shake…

"I heard screaming, you know, people behind me screaming, and then, just everything went dark."

The building started to shake violently," he recalls. "I heard all this… the loud rumbling from above, I dove into a corner, and I got into a foetal position, and just buried myself up against a corner, so if anything large or heavy was falling, at least I had two sides that could protect me.

"I felt the wall that I was laying next to, just crack and the floor give away, and I stayed tucked in the foetal position with my eyes closed.”

While this was happening, the nearby South Tower was already collapsing, and the North Tower would soon follow.

As the building collapsed around him, Pasquale recalls an “abrasive, sandblaster type feeling” and he stayed curled into a ball as the concrete floor beneath him cracked and crumbled, sending him at least 15 floors down to where he was eventually found in the shattered remnants of the 110-storey building.

He regains consciousness some two hours later. He cried for help, and soon after that a firefighter responded to his shouts. “Holy s***, guys, we have a civilian up there,” the firefighter said.

But before he could be rescued, another fire broke out around Pasquale. He briefly considered finding a sharp object to kill himself with rather than be burned alive.

But then a team of firefighters managed to clear a path to where the 6’2”, 19-stone structural engineer lay trapped. As they carried Pasquale to safety, one of them said, “Man, you are a heavy f***. What’s your name?”

It took several months for his foot to completely heal, and the psychological scars have still not entirely gone away, but Pasquale is one of the luckiest people who were in those buildings on that fateful day.

In total 2,996 people are known to have lost their lives on that day, including 19 al-Qaeda terrorists, and some 25,000 were injured as a result of the four co-ordinated hijackings that plunged the world into a turmoil that, as recent events in Afghanistan have shown, is still with us today.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/911-incredible-story-man-who-24918301

28 Likes

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by generalwhite(m): 10:31am On Sep 07, 2021
First to comment. Glad. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Still your nairalander “General White”

Thank God for your life. You’re not destined to die now.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by ipobarethieves: 10:31am On Sep 07, 2021
sad sad Osama bin Laden sad that year sad

God punish Ala angry angry sad

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Sonoyom(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Religion and terrorism cool

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Kevinsamba: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2021
I just watched Geronimo yesterday
Osama do them bad tin I swr.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Just imagine after all the atrocities caused by the muzlims, i wonder why they are still allowed to exist on the surface of this earth.

Soon we shall get there, believe me islam will be eradicated.

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by coronavirus19: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2021
If na Naija this thing happen, just kiss your life goodbye because nobody is coming to rescue anyone. Everyman for himself cheesy

34 Likes

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by nob0dy: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2021
G
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Penguin2: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Just imagine he was a Winners Chapel, Redeem, Chosen or any of these stupid churches full of aberration and wrong interpretation of God’s words as headed by charlatans who call themselves men of God...

...he would have claimed how he had a chosen apron hung in his office or how he wore it to work on that faithful day

Or he would have claimed he was wearing a necklace with the face of daddy Adegboye and that was what saved him

Or it was the prophet pronunciations of daddy Oyedepo which he had listened to on his way to work.

What if he was a traditionalist? He would have bought the biggest of rams to thank the “eyes of the gods” whose talisman protected him.

Africans...my people perish for lack of wisdom.

This American man who survived this might not even be a Christian. Dude might even be an atheist. He knows he survived only by chance and nothing else.

If we stopped looking for solutions where they are not.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Limp: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Destiny Child/Man
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by AfriNotesNEWS: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2021
A memorial date ever in the global world.....

May God help the world around us...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Allrrriiiiggghhttt

Good to hear your own story.

But, I won't forgive Biden for being useless to Americans and the world at large that does not support the Agenda of Islam on his debacle at Afghanistan.

He will forever be remembered as the most useless President America ever had!

Check my sig and earn 5% on any crypto you buy on Binance.

3 Likes

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by McOluOmo: 10:33am On Sep 07, 2021
All i can say is that, God showed you mercy

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

6 Likes

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by fasho01(m): 10:33am On Sep 07, 2021
The real 'super man'
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by HugeDan(m): 10:33am On Sep 07, 2021
Grace

1 Like

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Etumgbe(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2021
It's not yet his time. If it's his time only a fall from bicycle will kill him

8 Likes

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by pepetua(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2021
Congrats
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by zolajpower: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2021
angry
Modified
Is time has not come so say the lord

2 Likes

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by freelancerrr: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2021
g

1 Like

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by zinizta: 10:35am On Sep 07, 2021
Mad oh!
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by nkem1992: 10:35am On Sep 07, 2021
I
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by wetmenow: 10:35am On Sep 07, 2021
Make him tell us wetin happen.
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Hezzyluv: 10:35am On Sep 07, 2021
God choose to give him second chance

2 Likes

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by mrdharkchild(m): 10:35am On Sep 07, 2021
He clock hasn't got stuck yet

1 Like

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Sabadon(m): 10:36am On Sep 07, 2021
Talk of the cat with 9 lives....

1 Like

Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by bamvik(m): 10:37am On Sep 07, 2021
Indeed peace is important
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Sunnybay7: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2021
Lucky fellow
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by whytediamond(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2021
Wow
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by Waakanda: 10:38am On Sep 07, 2021
cheesy
Re: 9/11: Pasquale Buzzelli Was Inside World Trade Center During Collapse & Survived by olassybaba: 10:38am On Sep 07, 2021
It's crazy how everybody is interested in what happens to AMERICA, But, nobody's interested what AMERICA has done to other countries.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First-Person-View Of Afghans Clinging To Kabul Plane As It Takes Off / Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. / Terrifying Moment Russian Tank Crushed A Civilian Car In Ukraine (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.