Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. (4857 Views)

President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III / Reno Omokri Mocks Peter Obi With Old Photo. Shehu Sani Reacts / Okonjo-Iweala Used An Old Photo To Illustrate Social Distancing In Food Sharing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
#ThrowBackTuesday.

4 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Moferere: 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Should we (Yoruba) because of our affiliations with Warri Kingdom say that Delta belongs to the Yoruba nation?

Illiterate Peoples of Biafra (Igbos) over to you.

12 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
Moferere:
Should we (Yoruba) because of our affiliations with Warri Kingdom say that Delta belongs to the Yoruba nation?

Please don't derail the thread.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by christistruth01: 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
Awolowo' s Vision of Nigeria

Watch from beginning to1.23 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN8fWiIEIac

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by BSsniffer: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
Awo The Great. Proud Awoist and unapologetically Awopilled.

All is fair in love and war, even if it means starving the enemy to death.
grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Moferere: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Please don't derail the thread.

Thanks.

I know what I am asking.
Igbo have always lay claim to Delta because of the Igbo speaking side of Delta.

1 Like

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
Moferere:

I know what I am asking.

Why don't you create a thread for that, this thread is isn't about the actions of some eastern tribe.

9 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by christistruth01: 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
Moferere:

I know what I am asking.

Itsekiri are Yoruba Speaking

When Nigeria was Nigeria, Bendel State Which included Edo and Delta was the Engine room of Some fantastic Talent

That Talent is now wasted on Prostitution and Cultism

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
BSsniffer:

grin grin

Lol, you can't blame pa awolowo, it's either you're an effective leader or you're loved by your enemies. Awo choose to be effective.

2 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
christistruth01:

Itsekiri are Yoruba Speaking

When Nigeria was Nigeria Bendel State Which included Edo and Delta was the Engine room of Some fantastic Talent

That Talent is now wasted on Prostitution and Cultism

Ambrose Folorunsho Alli and Anthony Enahoro where the men who made the old bendel state, especially Alli in terms of education.

2 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by AyakaDunukofia: 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
Moferere:

The last time I checked, Itshekiri sons and daughters are integral members of Afenifere, Egbe Omo Oduduwa.

Thus, if Itshekiri formed a homogeneous state, nothing stops a Yoruba group from demanding they be part of a Yoruba nation because of their cultural affinity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
AyakaDunukofia:

The last time I checked, Itshekiri sons and daughters are integral members of Afenifere, Egbe Omo Oduduwa.

Thus, if Itshekiri formed a homogeneous state, nothing stops a Yoruba group from demanding they be part of a Yoruba nation because of their cultural affinity.

Don't take the bait, he knows what he's doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by AyakaDunukofia: 1:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Don't take the bait, he knows what he's doing.
May be, but don't underestimate the level of ignorance in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by iluvdonjazzy: 2:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
So we should go and fry akamu abi?
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by T9ksy(m): 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
iluvdonjazzy:
So we should go and fry akamu abi?

Nope! But if you so desire, you can snuggle up to a wet transformer for all we care.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by jking001(m): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
The title olu of warri was made possible by Awolowo, itsekiri are mainly yoruba most of them are from illaje, main Ondo and Ijebu.

Go and trace the lineage of most of them you would find out the truth even Ayiri talking there is from Akure.

2 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by emmadothings(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
jking001:
The title olu of warri was made possible by Awolowo, itsekiri are mainly yoruba most of them are from illaje, main Ondo and Ijebu.

Go and trace the lineage of most of them you would find out the truth even Ayiri talking there is from Akure.
Which book or lineage pls let me know abeg make I read and trace.. so because Ayiri 43years old and his mother who is an Illaje married an itsekiri man makes all itsekiri an Illaje or ijebu?..... Itsekiri is Itsekiri and Yoruba is Yoruba
..Benin is Benin

5 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
Awo!!

Baba niyen.
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by myobjective: 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
BSsniffer:

grin grin

Proud Awoist... We'll make his dream come through for the Yoruba race.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by orisa37: 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
THE ANOINTED SAVIOUR OF YORUBA NATION LIVES.

OLUEKUN ODU-DU-IWA LIVES.

OBAFEMI AWOLOWO LIVES.

BELIEVE THAT!!!

1 Like

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by eastOFwest(m): 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
Olu of Warri is just a title. He does not have domain over the entire Warri as we know it not to talk of the greater Warri (Effurun, Ekpan, Okumagba, Aladja etc - All Urhobo arears). No doubt Itsekiri are of Yoruba, irrespective of whatever lineage theories, because they have said that they are Yoruba. Hower, even what you may consider the main Warri town (not greater Warri) is made up of Itsekirirs, Urhobos and Ijaws, hence my assertion that the title of Olu of Warri is misleading. From my understanding and observations, Urhobos are the dominant force in Warri (including greater Warri), and probably (with their Isoko brethen) the entire Delta state. So many bloody wars have been fought in recent times in Warri over this issue. It will be foolhardy for any external force to try and over project Olu of Warri and try to extend his influence beyond his Itsekiri people and their domain.

2 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by orisa37: 7:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
THAT'S TO SAY, "BUHARI IS IN WAR WITH NIGERIA FOR DILLY DALLYING NIGERIA WITH RESTRUCTURING.
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by juman(m): 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
Awo ooooooooo.
Awolowo.

Awo ooooooooo.
Awolowo.

Awo ooooooooo.
Awolowo.

Awo ooooooooo.
Awolowo.

Awo ooooooooo.
Awolowo.

Father of yoruba people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by orisa37: 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
Moferere:

I know what I am asking.

So they're planning to lay claim on Lagos, Abuja and Kano.
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by orisa37: 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
Moferere:

I know what I am asking.

So they're planning to lay claim on Lagos, Abuja and Kano. Greedy sonnobabeast.
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by jking001(m): 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
I can't argue with you, find the truth out for yourself, your language is similar to Yoruba and you are saying you not Yoruba, your king is Olu, and you dey form independent, keep deceiving yourselves, no let your papa lie for you una be Yoruba.

emmadothings:

Which book or lineage pls let me know abeg make I read and trace.. so because Ayiri 43years old and his mother who is an Illaje married an itsekiri man makes all itsekiri an Illaje or ijebu?..... Itsekiri is Itsekiri and Yoruba is Yoruba
..Benin is Benin

1 Like

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by emmadothings(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
jking001:
I can't argue with you, find the truth out for yourself, your language is similar to Yoruba and you are saying you not Yoruba, your king is Olu, and you dey form independent, keep deceiving yourselves, no let your papa lie for you una be Yoruba.

My language (itsekiri) is also similar to Igala what do u have to say about that

1 Like

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by GNature(m): 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
Thank you @WesternOligarch

The people making noise now because Gov Fayemi, Obasanjo etc went to the Olu
don't know their history wink It is not due to oil.

2 Likes

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
GNature:
Thank you @WesternOligarch

The people making noise now because Gov Fayemi, Obasanjo etc went to the Olu
don't know their history wink It is not due to oil.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
emmadothings:

My language (itsekiri) is also similar to Igala what do u have to say about that

You're what you believe you are, but what you believe doesn't necessarily apply to the general public because different people believe different things.

1 Like

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by emmadothings(m): 10:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
WesternOligarch:

You're what you believe you are, but what you believe doesn't necessarily apply to the general public because different people believe different things.
Where are you from

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heavily Armed ESN Command On Move / NUJ Elects New Executives As Emeka Odogwu Emerges Chairman Of Anambra Chapter / Just in: Lagos Labour Party Chairman Decamped To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.