Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. (4922 Views)

President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III / Reno Omokri Mocks Peter Obi With Old Photo. Shehu Sani Reacts / Okonjo-Iweala Used An Old Photo To Illustrate Social Distancing In Food Sharing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Ovamboland(m): 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
BSsniffer:
Awo The Great. Proud Awoist and unapologetically Awopilled.

All is fair in love and war, even if it means starving the enemy to death.
grin grin

Na enemy know why him they fight without securing his food supply come they beg those he's fighting for food.
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Emilokoiyawon: 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
Moferere:
I know what I am asking.
Igbo have always lay claim to Delta because of the Igbo speaking side of Delta.

Delta belongs to Deltans. Some Deltans have Yoruba lineage. Some have Igbo lineage. Some have Bini lineage. But Delta belongs to Deltans.

1 Like

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Emilokoiyawon: 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
AyakaDunukofia:

The last time I checked, Itshekiri sons and daughters are integral members of Afenifere, Egbe Omo Oduduwa.

Thus, if Itshekiri formed a homogeneous state, nothing stops a Yoruba group from demanding they be part of a Yoruba nation because of their cultural affinity.

It is Itsekiri not Itshekiri.
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Emilokoiyawon: 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
eastOFwest:
Olu of Warri is just a title. He does not have domain over the entire Warri as we know it not to talk of the greater Warri (Effurun, Ekpan, Okumagba, Aladja etc - All Urhobo arears). No doubt Itsekiri are of Yoruba, irrespective of whatever lineage theories, because they have said that they are Yoruba. Hower, even what you may consider the main Warri town (not greater Warri) is made up of Itsekirirs, Urhobos and Ijaws, hence my assertion that the title of Olu of Warri is misleading. From my understanding and observations, Urhobos are the dominant force in Warri (including greater Warri), and probably (with their Isoko brethen) the entire Delta state. So many bloody wars have been fought in recent times in Warri over this issue. It will be foolhardy for any external force to try and over project Olu of Warri and try to extend his influence beyond his Itsekiri people and their domain.

No one is extending anything. Itsekiris were the first people to occupy the area known as Warri today. This is why the title Olu of Warri is very correct. But no one is saying Olu reigns over Urhobo or Ijaws. Urhobo and Ijaws have their very own leaders in Warri.
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by jking001(m): 12:02am On Sep 08, 2021
Which Igala? Continue to deceive yourself, you have one or two Yoruba words in Igala and you feel they are Itsekiri words i have alot of igala friends mention the similar words here let's see if they aren't offshoot of Yoruba, the problem is you know nothing about yourself even if i try to correct it might not work, because you already have a fixed mindset.

emmadothings:

My language (itsekiri) is also similar to Igala what do u have to say about that
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by jking001(m): 12:07am On Sep 08, 2021
Please stop the hating and prejudice mindset it would do no good, you would endup dividing the world.

BSsniffer:
Awo The Great. Proud Awoist and unapologetically Awopilled.

All is fair in love and war, even if it means starving the enemy to death.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by AyakaDunukofia: 3:58am On Sep 08, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

It is Itsekiri not Itshekiri.

Has there ever been a standardised alphabetical order for it?

Awerri, Chekiri, Djekri, Dsekiri, Dsheeakiri, Dsheekiri, Ichakiri, Ijekiri, Irhobo, Isekiri, Isekivi, Iselema-Otu, Ishekiri, Itsikiri, Iwere, Izekiri, Jakri, Jekiri, Jekoi, Jekri, Owerri, Selemo, Shekiri, Warri
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by chigator2: 5:48am On Sep 08, 2021
Moferere:
Should we (Yoruba) because of our affiliations with Warri Kingdom say that Delta belongs to the Yoruba nation?

Illiterate Peoples of Biafra (Igbos) over to you.

Ooboyy you sound bitterred and baterred. What is Delta but a geopolitical creation of the hijacked Nigerian FG. Who is making claims Ijaws or their land or any one else, are they property to own ?
What Igbos will never ceases to insist is that we are of the same stock with certain groups in Delta State with certainty e.g Anioma and the feeling is mutual.

You can go ahead and cry on the mountains but I know the average Yoruba man dreads, the unity and rise of the old Eastern region, certain enough to displace and offset the status quo with Lagos and SW in general. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by eastOFwest(m): 6:48am On Sep 08, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

No one is extending anything. Itsekiris were the first people to occupy the area known as Warri today. This is why the title Olu of Warri is very correct. But no one is saying Olu reigns over Urhobo or Ijaws. Urhobo and Ijaws have their very own leaders in Warri.

Understood
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Rolings: 7:41am On Sep 08, 2021
emmadothings:

My language (itsekiri) is also similar to Igala what do u have to say about that

And igala is also similar to yoruba....some igalas even claim yorubas descended from igala

1 Like

Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by dododawa1: 7:48am On Sep 08, 2021
christistruth01:

Itsekiri are Yoruba Speaking

When Nigeria was Nigeria, Bendel State Which included Edo and Delta was the Engine room of Some fantastic Talent

That Talent is now wasted on Prostitution and Cultism
and headquarter of YAHOO YAHOO.
Re: Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. by Perfectbeing(m): 9:11am On Sep 08, 2021
From all the politicians of old, only Awolowo is worthy of my admiration.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Pics: Massive Crowd As Peter Obi Storms Osun Labour Party Guber Campaign / Douye Diri: Palliatives Not Solution To Hardship / Ribadu To Emerge As Ac Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.