Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. (8231 Views)

See The Ranking Of Governors Based On Their Perfomance So Far And Add Yours / Meet The Wives Of Governors In Nigeria (photos) / Fashola Not The Best Governor –PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Iysayah(m): 9:26am On May 24, 2011
asorocker:

The people flocking to lagos do so because the fed govt in their cleverness built and equipped the only recognized international airport in lagos, they also built the only deep sea port in lagos, how do they expect people to do their import and export business except in lagos.

How ever as new international airports are coming up every where and as the niger delta is set to get their first deep sea port all that is likely to change by 2015 .

Also the oil companies should relocate to the source of their raw materials
LMAO. did you mean year 2105? we will wait and see them finish it grin grin you mean those criminals of yours will pass the cash to build those airports and seaports perfectly? face it man, just pray the airport's runway wont be over your grave.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by rasputinn(m): 9:26am On May 24, 2011
Iysayah:

just like Bukola Saraki being chairman of NGF added value to Nigerians, this is not about being a Yoruba or not, if a man is doing good he is doing good bereft of your Nigerian- loot -all -and -leave -non -sense.

How do you define valueThe governor's forum is today the most influential power block in the country.Talking about adding value,given that their strategic interest,somewhat selfish, outweighs the value-adding interest,discountenance the power they wield in that forum at your own peril.

Have you forgotten the doctrine of neccesity,it was actually a resolution of the governors,who in turn communicated same to the reps and senators from their states
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by asorocker: 9:28am On May 24, 2011
The chairman of NGF will have a lot of influence over who wins in 2015
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Gbawe: 9:31am On May 24, 2011
enyojo:

He did not 'reject', he simply refused to be interested!
The topic says 'fashola not interesed'

Thank you. When some folks fail to read and comprehend , why will they not fail exams?
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by ektbear: 9:32am On May 24, 2011
Oil companies left the ND due to the militants. It isn't their fault they wanted to minimize risks to their employees. Or should they have stayed and continue risking this:
[img]http://4.bp..com/_hIoHEn3D8bk/TLD_Jiw3nMI/AAAAAAAAAYc/gfRkVmUXNxI/s1600/MEND+hostage.jpg[/img]

Why do you think Shell is selling off their onshore assets and trying to move offshore? If business decides to leave to somewhere safer, then it is what it is

Regarding banks and telecom, wth would they locate their head office in Abuja? Do you know how difficult it is to reach abuja? It isn't centralized. . . most of the economic activity in the country goes on in the south. Or should they not be located where the actual population of the country is?

Ya'll need to step up your game rather than complaining, imo
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by OmoTier1(m): 9:34am On May 24, 2011
asorocker:

The choice of GEJ is strategic , first Amechi is from the nigerdelat 2nd he is an igbo, third he is a PDP man 4th he is in a very rich state and can mobilise resources for lobbying reps and senators.

Amechi will play a very big roll in what happens in 2015.

For those vaunting fashola, Fashola is not a pdp member and his fate won't be brighter than that of Donald Duke.

Again what really has Fashola done beyond planting trees , flowers and grasses under some lagos bridges.

This is reminiscent of somebody who paints an old structure and is being recognised more than the person who built the structure.

NL should please recognize those who have built refineries , airports, IPP, people like Akpabio , Amechi,Uduaghan, not those who everyday keeps ranting how the will do this and that and gets more recogniton for planting trees.

re-read your post and tell me why you should not be ashamed of your level of reasoning.

If Fashola did was planting flowers, why did lagosians not bite the liners when PDP/Dosumu used same stupid slogan in thier campaigns during the last elections?

Lasgosians know this: FASHOLA IS WORKING, LAGOS IS WORKING

In PDP controlled states, the people only know this: THE GOVERNOR IS CHOPPING, THE STATE IS ROCKING AGROUND !
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by rasputinn(m): 9:37am On May 24, 2011
Gbawe:

Thank you. When some folks fail to read and comprehend , why will they not fail exams?

Thank you mr semantic prof,but I tell you was approached and encouraged to give it a shot by some ACN chiftains before the disinterest.The question is WHY LIVER FAIL AM??
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by asorocker: 9:38am On May 24, 2011
Even if he did not reject or was interested, there won't be much changes in the out come.

As per the future of SE and SS, I won't waste much time trying to convince NL where the future of nigeria lies or whether the River niger dredging or the deep sea port in Akwa ibom will be a reality.

Behind the tactfull emergence of GEJ and the entire Eastern support for him lies some deep secret alliance and agreement. Ever wondered why igbos would sacrifice 2015 and why MASSOB even surported GEJ and the igbo elders are contented with SGF.

Well like you said let's watch and see 2015
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by omo9ja1(m): 9:38am On May 24, 2011
I don't blame you Fash ride on with the good work and surely you will get to the top post with your dedication and hardwork smiley
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Iysayah(m): 9:38am On May 24, 2011
rasputinn:

How do you define valueThe governor's forum is today the most influential power block in the country.Talking about adding value,given that their strategic interest,somewhat selfish, outweighs the value-adding interest,discountenance the power they wield in that forum at your own peril.

Have you forgotten the doctrine of neccesity,it was actually a resolution of the governors,who in turn communicated same to the reps and senators from their states
yeah, we all saw the role they played before and during Yardua's demise- somewhat selfish right? bot -bellied goofs running around Aso-rock in white flowing gowns. i nearly mistook them for my village's masquerade, always trying to scare everyone but we all knew who was behind it, the guy whose wife wink always hits him at the slightest irritation. Guy, they add nothing to me, maybe you but not me. so it must be at your peril. wink
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by asorocker: 9:41am On May 24, 2011
Please Omotier1 , what really has fashola done in lagos that Niger Delta governors have not done times 10 , I transit between lagos and niger delta .

Please tell me let me see for my self
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Texther(m): 9:41am On May 24, 2011
If he wants it, he's worth it but he just cant get it as he's not from PDP!!! Sefinni!!!!!!!!
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by rasputinn(m): 9:42am On May 24, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is just a discussion about the head of the governors forum,and see how it's trending,does that not underscore the importance of the position?

See y'all later.

I'm calling time to attend to some files  grin grin
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Gbawe: 9:43am On May 24, 2011
asorocker:

Who really is doing well, the person who plants grasses under bridges or the person who builds world class mono rails, IPP, refineries , world class international airports e.t.c

Amaechi gets bulk of his capital from oil revenues but also fashola gets oil revenue and the bulk of his capital from Multibillion naira coporation that were sited in lagos . Like the oil companies ( that should have been in niger delta) , the banks that should have been in the new capital but was prevailed by OBJ to stay back, the telecommunication companies e.t.c
Non of these comanies where founded or nurtured by a,cn or yorubas but. Came to serve the entire country and had to settle in the then capital lagos

What are you talking about ? What do you write up there that Fashola has not done and far more? The plans for an international Airport in the Lekki axis of Lagos is underway !!! Only recently Fashola delivered an IPP , with 10 MW capacity, completed in the fastest time seen in our National history !!! The 10 lane highway and monorail linking Lagos (through Eric Moore) to Badagry is currently under construction !!! Have you seen the Badagry masterplan dedicated to making it a modern and cohesively planned extension of Lagos ? I could go on all day but I don't feel like pandering to ignorance or deliberate mischief.  All I can say is that it can only be rank ignorance or sheer bigoted hatred that would make anyone label Fashola a "tree planter".
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Lagosboy: 9:43am On May 24, 2011
I personally think Fashola would have been interested in the position but did not fight publicly for it as he feared the PDP dominated forum would not vote him in and vote one of their own. The old rule says never fight a battle if you are not sure of winning.

Ameachi for me is a wonderful governor and i will rate him at par with Fashola and Chime which means we have a good GFN leader with a focus on development.

If Fashola really has the political mettle to be the president of Nigeria then becoming the leader of the GF is a good start. If fashola cannot lead the moronic governors in the forum then how will he lead the thousands of moronic cabals existing in Nigeria. LAgos is not Nigeria and i presonally think Fashola should have tried to lead the GF.

Fashola leading the GF would have spread his influence outside the SW, it would have freed him in some ways politically from his godfather, it will be a nice way to begin 2015 struggle because i see no way Fashola can be president in 2105 under ACN , it will just be a wild goose chase and end up another Ribadu IMO.

Fashola needs to reach out , spread his tentacles , spread his influence. Bukola Saraki IMO was the smartest GF leader to date because he knew how used the GF to spread his influence. BS is a smart guy and did well for Kwara but he represents the old order of pro staus quo politicians.

Having said all these, i wish Rotimi well in his new role and the best PDP governor emerged chairman kudos to them they voted based on merit.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Iysayah(m): 9:44am On May 24, 2011
asorocker:

Please Omotier1 , what really has fashola done in lagos that Niger Delta governors have not done times 10 , I transit between lagos and niger delta .

yeah, correct! Militant kidnapping 10 times better than Lagos and Fashola  grin grin grin grin.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by rasputinn(m): 9:44am On May 24, 2011
Iysayah:

Guy. wink

Make that SIR

gotcha  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Time
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Iysayah(m): 9:48am On May 24, 2011
rasputinn:

Make that SIR

gotcha  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Time
Go attend to your files SHIR! grin
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by asorocker: 9:53am On May 24, 2011
@ Gbawe.  You talked about plans for an internatinal Airport . Delta and Aibom has already delivered theirs.

You talked about a monorail being constructed in badagry, as at last weekend I only saw buildings along badagry express way demolished around 2007 and nothing else , Rivers monorail is 80% complete and calabar mono rail is 100 % complete .

You talked about plans for a new badagry , even rogue governors had plans , ask ikedi ohakim and Orji.

Did I hear you talk about 10 lane highway in lagos , please tell me where it is and I will test run , snap and upload pics.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by wesley80(m): 9:56am On May 24, 2011
@Gbawe,
In my first post on this thread, i quoted Fashola praising the governors forum in faraway Washington DC. Now would he choose to praise an irrelevant and irresponsible body he has absolutely no interest in at a public forum in faraway United states?
Your penchant for basing your every argument on illogical articles so long as they appear on some news site is worrying to say the least. How does being 'tipped' for a position by 'colleagues' translate to being favorite for a position? Whats even more troubling is your desire to keep arguing illogically when your argument has been proven to be fundamentally flawed. Forgive me for thinking u've had part of your head swapped for Kobojunkie's.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by ektbear: 9:57am On May 24, 2011
@Lagosboy: Good analysis, I mostly agree.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Nobody: 9:57am On May 24, 2011
asorocker:

Who really is doing well, the person who plants grasses under bridges or the person who builds world class mono rails, IPP, refineries , world class international airports e.t.c

Amaechi gets bulk of his capital from oil revenues but also fashola gets oil revenue and the bulk of his capital from Multibillion naira coporation that were sited in lagos . Like the oil companies ( that should have been in niger delta) , the banks that should have been in the new capital but was prevailed by OBJ to stay back, the telecommunication companies e.t.c
Non of these comanies where founded or nurtured by a,cn or yorubas but. Came to serve the entire country and had to settle in the then capital lagos
What the hell is your point? How do you appraise good performance? Both state governors are utilizing their revenues for the common good of the state. It doesn't matter where the money come from, even if it fell from the sky.
As long as you as a state governor is efficiently putting the economic resources of your state to good use for the benefit of the common man, then you are doing well.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Skii(m): 10:02am On May 24, 2011
@Omo Tier1

In PDP controlled states, the people only know this: THE GOVERNOR IS CHOPPING, THE STATE IS ROCKING AGROUND !

The state is ROTTING
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by ObamaUS: 10:06am On May 24, 2011
I wonder what FASHOLA is doing that is making pple say He's working, The whole of ALIMOSHO[largest L.GA }is in deplorable condition.All he's doing is planting flowers and the press doing massive publicity for him.IDIMU-IKOTUN road is terrible, Isolo road is non-existent, Abule-egba sef na no go area.

With the massive tax accrued to FASHOLA and going to TINUBU's pockets,what is he using the money for?, Abeg,give us a break jare, It's when FASHOLA leaves power that u pple will know that he's not doing nada. The most evident thing he did was to drive pple from Oshodi market. GOD WILL JUDGE ALL OF THEM
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by emmatok(m): 10:07am On May 24, 2011
Another bashing tread open.

Very soon it will degenerate into full tribal warfare.

THE TREAD READS "Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested"

And some Fashola haters are here comparing him with AMAECHI.

How many of those project has Ameachi commissioned.

Evan  Ameachi will not start competing with  Fashola over noting.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Iysayah(m): 10:10am On May 24, 2011
Lagosboy:

I personally think Fashola would have been interested in the position but did not fight publicly for it as he feared the PDP dominated forum would not vote him in and vote one of their own. The old rule says never fight a battle if you are not sure of winning.

Ameachi for me is a wonderful governor and i will rate him at par with Fashola and Chime which means we have a good GFN leader with a focus on development.

If Fashola really has the political mettle to be the president of Nigeria then becoming the leader of the GF is a good start. If fashola cannot lead the moronic governors in the forum then how will he lead the thousands of moronic cabals existing in Nigeria. LAgos is not Nigeria and i presonally think Fashola should have tried to lead the GF.

Fashola leading the GF would have spread his influence outside the SW, it would have freed him in some ways politically from his godfather, it will be a nice way to begin 2015 struggle because i see no way Fashola can be president in 2105 under ACN , it will just be a wild goose chase and end up another Ribadu IMO.

Fashola needs to reach out , spread his tentacles , spread his influence. Bukola Saraki IMO was the smartest GF leader to date because he knew how used the GF to spread his influence. BS is a smart guy and did well for Kwara but he represents the old order of pro staus quo politicians.

Having said all these, i wish Rotimi well in his new role and the best PDP governor emerged chairman kudos to them they voted based on merit.
look quit making assumptions. in the first place, who told you Fashola is interested in ruling Nigeria? you will make him try if he is not interested? GEJ became president stooping and stooling about, some people just will not cost their dignity to do that. i cant be president of Nigeria, with all the back stabbing, mud fighting word bantering and cash flow between fingers. ask yourself, was Bukola Saraki smart enough and he didnt get to be president? quit all this noble Nigeria politics you gat in your head. the morons of governors will impeach him before he gets to say jack.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Skii(m): 10:15am On May 24, 2011
well as the thread says

Fashola not interested

rightly so, the filth of the pdp will not allow him to stain his illustrious career.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Skii(m): 10:16am On May 24, 2011
plus a good name is better than silver or gold
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by Iysayah(m): 10:16am On May 24, 2011
ObamaUS:

I wonder what FASHOLA is doing that is making pple say He's working, The whole of ALIMOSHO[largest L.GA }is in deplorable condition.All he's doing is planting flowers and the press doing massive publicity for him.IDIMU-IKOTUN road is terrible, Isolo road is non-existent, Abule-egba sef na no go area.

With the massive tax accrued to FASHOLA and going to TINUBU's pockets,what is he using the money for?, Abeg,give us a break jare, It's when FASHOLA leaves power that u pple will know that he's not doing nada. The most evident thing he did was to drive pple from Oshodi market. GOD WILL JUDGE ALL OF THEM
i can only make two conclusions from your comment
1. you live in Alimosho, that i am sure,
2. probably, one of the traders chased from Oshodi market.
move to Ikeja na, na fight? if you dont see Fashola in Alimosho then move to Alausa, VI, VGC. dem tie you for Alimosho ni? wink
when were you at Oshodi last? and how market?
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by OmoTier1(m): 10:17am On May 24, 2011
asorocker:

'm from ND, okay and I know difference between light and darkness. For a start,

Name one ND governor that has been able to conceive and bring to fuition projects like those in Lekki FTZ,Eko Atlantic, the international markets etc.

Secondly, name one ND governor that has been able to raise and continue to sustain thier state  IGR profile like fashola has done in lagos which has helped lagos source for cheap loans to carry out large scale projects that even our own NDeltans are benefitting from.

All you see in ND is prototypes! Uduaghan(criminal awaiting his jail terms) all he shows us is drawings and models on paper! Go build the damn real thing!

Thirdly, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta all have in-land waterways like lagos. Tell me which one of these states has been able to develop thier water ways like fashola has done, instead all you see around and on CNN is wooden speedboats! The other one in Akwa-ibom is busy engaging in white elephant projects the state can not sustain with her IGR- fly over my foot! Do you think I will go to Uyo 'cos of fly over when kiddnapping is rampant in the state?

Name one ND state that is as safe as Lagos security wise! Remember, before fashola crime was high in lagos, but when he came in, within two years He got a foundation/trust in place, raised funds, bought equippments for the damn FG police and guess what? CRIME nose dived in much of Lagos. How many ND governors have been able to replicate same in thier states?

Dude, let us (Niger deltans)not keep deceiving ourselves. Our governors are not working.
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by asorocker: 10:19am On May 24, 2011
@ poster , if fashola stooped to be governor of lagos then what stops him from stooping , even OBJ stooped for Atiku for his second term , when he refused to stoop again he was denied third term
Re: Amaechi New Head Of Governors Forum. Fashola Not Interested. by asorocker: 10:24am On May 24, 2011
@ poster , if fashola stooped to be governor of lagos then what stops him from stooping , even OBJ stooped for Atiku for his second term , when he refused to stoop again he was denied third term.

The problem with most yorubas is that they don't travel beyond the southwest and some don't go beyond lagos .
So when you tell them that some other governors are doing better than their 1 eye king (fashola) they don't believe you , they think you hate them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We’ll Consult Wide Before Approving ECOWAS-EU Free Trade Deal—buhari / FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement / Anambra: 729 Ballot Boxes, 243 Voting Cubicles, Destroyed In INEC Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.