Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,262 members, 7,829,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? (72704 Views)

Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . / Manatee: Sea Cow Rescued In Lagos (Photo) / Trapped Manatee Caught And Butchered In Bayelsa By Residents. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by adonis89(m): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2021
Looks like a manatee. I ate one in Engenni in Rivers State
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by adonis89(m): 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2021
SonofGod231:
Confused set of people on Nairaland.
Is manatees not also known as sea cow or sea elephant?!
And How can manatees be the same thing as a sea lion?
manatee is far different from sea lion na. Who dey argue that one?
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Onucs(m): 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Where all the other people go? Na so Dem been do chop 2m dollars fish
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by naija1stnigar(m): 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Omo this one na sea police o
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Jeffy1206(m): 3:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
duro4chang:
Sea cow (manatee)
looks like goat tho grin
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by autchman144(m): 3:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
nigerians sha...

we just kill everything we see
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Darkblood: 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
That's a manatee
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by rhames(m): 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2021
lifezone247:
Fish lookalike. Lalasticlala. Come and see shocked

Manatee
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by ameh43: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2021
Must we kill everything our eyes see? Whatever that isn't causing us harm should be protected please.... Stop killing creatures anyhow....
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Stevedegreat(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2021
The creature have several names: IT IS CALLED Sea Cow, Sea Lion, Manatee or Lamantin.
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by sunboy(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2021
Everything na kill kill kill undecided
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by SonofGod231: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kellie069:

It’s MEANT actually
Werey...Very unnecessary...There is no difference whether you asked the question in the present or past tense. It only matters when who's replying uses "mean" or "meant".
Because "You mean" can be used in short for "Do you mean" which can be considered as a Present continues tense.
Now,You meant? Is a grammatical error.
The right phrase should be (Do you mean or Did you mean) depending time and place.
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by SonofGod231: 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
adonis89:
manatee is far different from sea lion na. Who dey argue that one?
So many people on the Bus.

1 Like

Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Kellie069(m): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
SonofGod231:

Werey...Very unnecessary...There is no difference whether you asked the question in the present or past tense. It only matters when who's replying uses "mean" or "meant".
Because "You mean" can be used in short for "Do you mean" which can be considered as a Present continues tense.
Now,You meant? Is a grammatical error.
The right phrase should be (Do you mean or Did you mean) depending time and place.

Is that so?
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by MyOleSolksjaer: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
This is a manatee
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by SonofGod231: 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kellie069:

Is that so?
Yes.Take correction...I have spoken not of my own accord but by the power bestowed on me by the Queen of England as a custodian and a Preamble of Queens English to native Nigerians.
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Itachi23: 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
lifezone247:

Manatee
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by mfm04622: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamtardey:
grin see cow?

Yes. That is the name!
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by MeeLan: 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
It's manatee

1 Like

Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by komodapson(m): 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
duro4chang:
Sea cow (manatee)

Please, did you by any means studied Fisheries & Aquaculture or Zoology?
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by amuwo1980: 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
River manatee oh my God , why did they kill it ?
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by duro4chang(m): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
komodapson:

Please, did you by any means studied Fisheries & Aquaculture or Zoology?
Not at all. I read History as a course but I do make research on plants and animals because I grew up in the village.

1 Like

Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by komodapson(m): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
BewareOf419:
The botanical name is Laprochi Libregido

Botanical ké? Even from the word, you should be able to infer that its about botany/plants...its called scientific name
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by BewareOf419: 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
komodapson:

Botanical ké? Even from the word, you should be able to infer that its about botany/plants...its called scientific name

Actually I hate Biology when in Secondary school
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by donhils: 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
lifezone247:
Why would you kill something like this? These animals are going extinct and should be saved
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Arewalegend: 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2021
nedekid:

Abokii and anything blokos shaa grin
grin werey... Something must kill a man
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Rincrys: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
That's a sea lion undecided
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by ClassNG: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
it is called sea cow (manatee), but I read that it has gone into extinction
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Lamasta(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
Nothing our people no dey chop for this bubu regime
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Drizzy5001(m): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2021
God really created a lot of things, shey dis one now follow for fish?
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Edun00700: 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
River meat
Re: Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? by Workch: 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2021
Drizzy5001:
God really created a lot of things, shey dis one now follow for fish?
God didn’t create anything, all are products of evolution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Snake-swallower Dies After Viper Bites His Tongue And Throat( Pics, Video) / The Cobra I Killed Behind My House Last Night / Tree That Was Cut Down Two Years Ago Rises Up Again In Delta. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.